Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He eyes look very cold and creepy. He looks dark and evil. I was surprised he didn't hang his head low or cover it with something being ashamed during his perp walk. He almost looked proud. I think he's angry he got caught. I don't think he has any empathy or remorse of what he's done. He could have called 911 but chose not too. I'm sure in his mind he will blame Blaze for this.

SW 6'2 185
BB. 5'8 130

If he tries to claim self defense I don't think anyone would believe that. He will probably confess in order to get a good plea deal. No criminal history is a mitigating factor.

My thoughts exactly...he looks very cold...I am curious to hear how a Bright, smart, ray of light like Blaze decided to meet up with this cold, dark person. Yes, they may have known each other previously in school, but I do not believe that they stayed in contact. JMO

Perhaps SW didn't have a job and just played video games all day.

This could spawn a whole crazy thread about video games turning people into violent killers.
8c6240dfa6e69dec8e99987ac83e4a18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly...he looks very cold...I am curious to hear how a Bright, smart, ray of light like Blaze decided to meet up with this cold, dark person. Yes, they may have known each other previously in school, but I do not believe that they stayed in contact. JMO
You really can't base anything off of a video and a couple pics. The police said he was shaking and nervous in the interview. Doesn't sound like he had it all together to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think it is way too early to be talking hate crimes, etc. so many rumors flying, none of which are confimed as far as I know. But if they DID once have a relationship, hate crime seems highly unlikely. If they met up as friends that night, any number of things could have gone wrong. We just don’t know enough to start talking premeditation, sex gone wrong, violent attacks, etc...

Just jumping of your post, as I have seen others say the same.

Haven't we all heard of how the good ones always go for the bad types? It is not an uncommon phenomenon, IMO.

He is an adult. Not fact, this post is speculation, and it belongs in the courtroom.

Both men are ...were ADULTS.
Fact: He will be tried as such.

Maybe. However....California literally just passed a law to ease punishment on young offenders. So Sam could see a lighter sentence.

"Among supporters of the juvenile justice legislation was media commentator Van Jones. A nonprofit co-founded by Jones, #cut50, is working to revamp criminal justice policies and sponsored some of the bills, including a measure that will allow offenders who committed a crime before the age of 23 to apply for the youth offender parole process."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.vcstar.com/amp/756706001

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my humble opinion, this was a highly personalized love-hate type of murder. I think the perpetrator felt B.B. was very significant in his life but the feelings weren’t necessarily mutual.

(Feel free to delete my post as usual if inappropriate...thank you)

"True Crime
A 19-year-old was found buried in a shallow grave. Police say his former classmate killed him."
By Kristine Phillips, The Washington Post

Jan 13 2 4:58 pm

"...

The suspect: his classmate from high school.

Barnes said there were inconsistencies with [the suspect's] account of what happened.

When asked about his girlfriend, [the suspect] could not remember her last name or where she lived — even though he claimed to have driven to her house, according to the affidavit cited by the Register.

Jail records show... held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.

“Blaze wanted to make the world a better place. With his death, a beautiful light has been extinguished, and we encourage you to continue to shine his light through acts of loving kindness. By honoring Blaze’s memory, we hope you’ll make the world a better place.”
"

In my humble opinion, this was a highly personalized love-hate type of murder. I think the perpetrator felt B.B. was very significant in his life but the feelings weren’t necessarily mutual.

(Feel free to delete my post as usual if inappropriate...thank you)

Great post. ATasteOfHoney, you have great instincts.

I wish there were someway to know when he started editing his social media posts and his life, after disposing of his victim? If everything from then on was lies, distancing and misdirection, then what did he change about his life besides his haircut, as he kept trying to lie his way out of it?

Sam seems to have been noticed to have psychological problems for years. Another case of, we all knew it would happen one day. We just didn't know "what."

His mom, a family therapist, will be knowledgeable of the different diagnoses which could possibly lead to leniency in a court case.

Do you think this case will make it to court?? Or plea?
Plea

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just want to point out that in California sudden quarrel or heat of passion (if proved, and not saying it can be proved here) can bring a homicide down from murder to voluntary manslaughter.

Just trying to catch up on the postings.

It is troubling, to me, that BB left home without his eyeglasses. Well, many things trouble me but how did the killer convince BB to leave home without his wallet, car keys and eyeglasses? Has anyone been able to determine why BB left home without his ordinary daily possessions?

January 8, 2018
Blaze Bernstein left belongings behind — including his keys, wallet, credit cards and eyeglasses — when he left his parents’ home to see the friend “without saying goodbye — we didn’t even hear him leave,” said his father, Gideon Bernstein.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

Jan 10, 2018
"He didn't have anything with him," Della Donna [family friend and attorney] said Friday in an interview with CBS Los Angeles. "He didn't have his glasses or his medication. He didn't bring his wallet or a phone charger. I don't think he planned on this being a long trip and he just disappeared."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/missin...ein-found-dead-case-investigated-as-homicide/

Jan 10, 2018
His parents believed he didn't intend to be gone for long as he left home without his wallet, ID and glasses. They also maintain he had "zero tolerance" for drugs and alcohol and don't think illicit substances played a role.
http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/ivy-leag...-missing-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/

It is troubling, to me, that BB left home without his eyeglasses. Well, many things trouble me but how did the killer convince BB to leave home without his wallet, car keys and eyeglasses? Has anyone been able to determine why BB left home without his ordinary daily possessions?

I would say because he didn't think he needed them.
When I was a teenager and a friend would pick me up for a drive, I didn't take them.

Not gone long - don't need medication just take it when I leave or return.
Not going on a shopping spree - don't need wallet, might stick some cash with my phone.
Not staying long - don't need phone charger (plus most people have one in the car you can use anyway.)

Not driving - don't need glasses or keys.
I would take my keys because my house was always locked but nowadays a lot of people have keypad entry. Maybe a key isn't needed to get back in the house?

I don't think there was any convincing done. If there had been I don't think the phone would have been taken either. That is really what caused problems for the suspect and it's the only thing that makes sense to have Blaze leave behind.

After reading so much about BB and the type of caring person he was, I think he felt sorry for SW. They clearly didn’t have much in common anymore. JMO.

Long time reader of this and other missing persons stories... first time contributor.

Love all you Sleuths out there. It is amazing how much you can find out before the general public. I’m very saddened by the whole story. From my own (obsessive) research I find the SW birthday discrepancy a little curious. It was first listed as 4-27-98 on the ocsd website when he was in receiving, and was later updated to 7-28-97. I wonder why...

<modsnip>

The only way I can see me leaving all of those things behind is if I was just stepping outside to meet someone for a quick chat in the backyard or on the porch or something. Or maybe he just went out to his car to talk, and was convinced to go for a ride for a bit longer of a talk. When I was that age, I might have done that. But leaving without my keys or anything would only have happened if I thought my friend was going to run to the store down the street and then right back.

This is why I don't really think it was a sexual hook up. Blaze seems too responsible to leave without all of those things. If he had just forgotten one thing like just the keys or just the wallet, I might feel differently.

When I was 19 and home from school it was a pretty normal thing for a friend to stop by at night and we'd just sit outside catching up. If it was chilly, that might happen in a car instead of on the porch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Long time reader of this and other missing persons stories... first time contributor.

Love all you Sleuths out there. It is amazing how much you can find out before the general public. I&#8217;m very saddened by the whole story. From my own (obsessive) research I find the SW birthday discrepancy a little curious. It was first listed as 4-27-98 on the ocsd website when he was in receiving, and was later updated to 7-28-97. I wonder why...

<modsnip>

Welcome to WS, Sticky!

I believe that LE will be able to obtain the archives from SnapChat with a warrant. [We saw them do that in other cases, like the 12 yr old girl who was groomed by that sick twisted college couple who dumped her in the snow to die. ]

Snapchat has those video logs. So LE will be able to find out exactly what all of the snap chatting was about before they met up. If it was a sexual hook up, it will be obvious from the archives. JMO

Anyone know, Did SW come from a two parent home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221