CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking, over coffee of course, what a strange case this is. I mean, the captivity makes it hard to believe anyway but then add in that these were both the biological parents, the number of the children and then the trips to Disneyland during the captive periods. My mind is a complete mess over this. (Just thinking out loud).

And Elvis in Vegas.

Matching clothes.

The father and son haircuts.

You couldn't write this as a script - just too strange.

Heroic ending by brave young woman - love that part.

jmo

And Elvis in Vegas.

Matching clothes.

The father and son haircuts.

You couldn't write this as a script - just too strange.

Heroic ending by brave young woman - love that part.

jmo

Agreed. All of these things together don't make any sense. Someone in the last thread said it perfectly that if this was a script, the critics would say it was too unbelievable.

All clothing needs, hygiene items, and games, etc.. have been currently met. Monetary donations are needed at this time.
c12f618ec8bb8a9080d93cbe8b4563cf.jpg

900789495c442f08ccdfb6d8cbfd0242.jpg

c79a08c5960c536d1fa84a7542e81df6.jpg

http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering, why specifically no vneck?

These sweet children will need this and much more.
I’m hoping they stay together so in that case they will need a home with 13 bedrooms, many bathrooms, commercial kitchen and PROFESSIONAL carers 24/7 to help then mentally, physically and emotionally. Oh & throw in a 24/7 cook all in house for the start before being introduced into normal life.

The government can achieve this for them I’m sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They won't need 13 bedrooms. It's perfectly normal for children to share bedrooms, especially in large families.
It's likely that the adults will end up in some type of group home/assisted living and the children will be placed in foster care.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Do engineers have a "night shift"?! Most I know get to choose their hours, work from home if they choose, etc. It's not like clocking in at a factory when you are at that level.

I believe it is like clocking in at a factory. Manufacturing equipment has to be running 24/7. Somebody has got to keep it running.

I also have worked out an age chart. I got the younger siblings from the school records in Ca. going off of their grade level, and what students in that grade level would typically be, and then comparing that to the media reports and other evidence folks have dug up. This is what I have:
#1 female 29 years
#2 male 25-26 years
#3 female 24 years
#4 male 22 years
#5 female 20 years
#6 female 19 years
#7 female 18 years
#8 female shero grade 11 17 years
#9 male grade 10 15-16 years
#10 female grade 9 14 years
#11 female grade 7 12-13 years
#12 female grade 6 11 years
#13 2 years old

The gap between 12 and 13 bothers me. I worry about a nine year gap when she was pregnant every year for 12 years.

Miscarriages? Infants who died? Perimenopause, affecting her fertility? Is that child hers?

From their August 2011 bankruptcy filling, included in an itemization of average monthly expenses:

Total monthly take home income: $7,885

Housing: $ 1,950

Food: $2,500

Clothing: $350

Medical/dental: $200

Water: $60
------

Listed in a value itemization of assets & possessions:

Checking account: $4k

Furniture, appliances, household: $1,935

DVD's: $500

Books/photos: $500

Clothing (total, for all kids and the monsters): $500

Jewelry: $700

----
They had 2 cars and the van in 2011- all 3 new vehicles were bought in a 2 month period in 2009.

They bought the farm house in Texas in 1999 for $40k. It was foreclosed upon in 2010.

They bought the double wide trailer in 2004, for $45,283. It was repossessed in 2010.

Their debtors were mostly multiple banks (for many tens of thousands in credit card debt), but also included a phone company (over $1k of unpaid bills), a pest control company & utilities, and of course, the lein holders for all 3 vehicles.

How in the F can you spend $2500 monthly on food for only two people? BS! Since we know the kids ate nothing, those two 'parents' were sure eating like royalty. There is a lot to be learned from those numbers :(

I think, MOO, that these two parents were always abusive and neglectful from early on in the first child's life even.
the reason for stating it started in 2010 is because that is when they can prove some things happened, not that things didn't happen earlier, but they can only go by evidence. If there's no evidence or proof or witness testimony for abuse earlier, then they can't state that.

I think some of what sister Elizabeth Jane said may be true. She said the kids were treated like military. Kids had to ask permission to come to eat at dinner table, were marched to and from table to eat. At the time I believe they had 3
young ones.

It's pretty obvious that the poor 29 yr. old has been abused for a long time.

LE must get really angry seeing how these monster parents took care of their own wants and needs yet totally neglected the children. Such as:
I'll bet the DVD's belong to the monster parents and kids were not privy to watching them.
Monster father had 3 newer VW's in driveway besides newer large van.
Monster mother must have had internet for FB, TV to play DVD's
Monster parents got pizza, apple pie, pumpkin pie and her
dogs got regular meals.
I'm sure more will come out about the monsters' selfishness.

The gap between 12 and 13 bothers me. I worry about a nine year gap when she was pregnant every year for 12 years.

Miscarriages? Infants who died? Perimenopause, affecting her fertility? Is that child hers?

My hope is that aging simply meant she couldn't get pregnant as easily as she did before. I'm holding on to the hope that the youngest child is hers.

I do suspect the birth of the youngest is what sparked the kids to start planning an escape. The baby seems loved - and perhaps the siblings foresaw a future when the baby wouldn't be loved and they wanted to protect her from future abuse. I have no facts to back that up - just guessing. The 17yo escaped not to runaway and save herself, but to save her siblings.

jmo

SABBM

^^^^^ :yuck: __ :sick:

And yet---- Someone(s) raised this Turpin couple. There might be a reason why they are so depraved.
I am curious about what kind of upbringing they both had.

NOT making excuses for these vile pieces of filth.
:moo:

^^^^this.

If abuse can be shown, that these monsters were abused as children themselves, does/would/could this make any difference in court? Some serial killers, etc likely have used the same defense, but ultimately must be held accountable for their actions. Has prior childhood abuse of a perp ever affected the verdict in a case, and if so, on what specific grounds, tia.

Working with the ages of kids provided in the 2011 bankruptcy filing, dates of birth by year:

1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999 (the year they bought the rural farm house, so they had 5 children then & the eldest was 7 years old.

2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 (the year they bought the double wide trailer; they had 9 children then, ages newborn - 11 years old.

2005, 2007.

By 2007 they had 11 children, ranging in age from newborn to 14 years old.

When they left Texas and moved to Marietta, CA in 2010, they had 11 children, age 3- age 17.

Here's the question: when was it that they moved out and left the kids on their own, stopping by "occasionally" to feed them ( moved perhaps to that double wide, purchased in 2004)?

If they moved out in 2004, their eldest was just 11 years old, left with 8 siblings, all under 10 years old.

If they abandoned their children just one year before leaving for CA, the eldest would have been 16, left with 10 siblings, aged 2-15.

My hope is that aging simply meant she couldn't get pregnant as easily as she did before. I'm holding on to the hope that the youngest child is hers.

I do suspect the birth of the youngest is what sparked the kids to start planning an escape. The baby seems loved - and perhaps the siblings foresaw a future when the baby wouldn't be loved and they wanted to protect her from future abuse. I have no facts to back that up - just guessing. The 17yo escaped not to runaway and save herself, but to save her siblings.

jmo

I happen to agree. About both things.

The timeline certainly fits with that baby being born and the 17 year old starting to plan her escape.

I noticed that yesterday but did not think much about it. Maybe they have scarring on their necks they want concealed.

I'm hoping it's because they are more comfortable dressing modestly with chests covered. Their mother renewed vows in a strapless dress, but the children were dressed modestly.

jmo

Ya know if people don't get off the home school verses public school we might get the smack down from the mods.
Best get back to the case we are all following.

I'm not caught up yet so forgive me, but it hasn't been brought up in the past 3 threads so I'm going to take a chance. I have no idea why everyone is talking about homeschooling vs. public schooling when that has NOTHING to do with this, this isn't home school this was a PRIVATE school, they registered in their home. There is a huge difference between homeschooling and creating a private school.

The Turpin's registered their private school, Sandcastle Day School, through the California Dept. of Education. This is very different than homeschooling, so the regulations and oversights that kept being brought up have literally nothing to do with this, this isn't home school this is private school!

Sorry to use your post JO, it was just a good one that I wanted to see again in the thread!!!!!

Radar has some photos from the forensic examination of house.

For those asking about shelves in garage:

"Their garage included floor-to-ceiling collections of DVDs that were alphabetically ordered."

Look at all those Target bags.
68772b91dfe2a3d5b11f70d24363258f.jpg
5aca3ec1de232e4f0518a36c483bd7f5.jpg
9c151d0d20f385e23279e351e62572f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Target....could that be where they went at night? We had speculated Walmart...is Target there open 24 hours?

I'm not caught up yet so forgive me, but it hasn't been brought up in the past 3 threads so I'm going to take a chance. I have no idea why everyone is talking about homeschooling vs. public schooling when that has NOTHING to do with this, this isn't home school this was a PRIVATE school, they registered in their home. There is a huge difference between homeschooling and creating a private school.

The Turpin's registered their private school, Sandcastle Day School, through the California Dept. of Education. This is very different than homeschooling, so the regulations and oversights that kept being brought up have literally nothing to do with this, this isn't home school this is private school!

Sorry to use your post JO, it was just a good one that I wanted to see again in the thread!!!!!

I thought this was CA practice that to be able to homeschool your children you had to register it (your home) as a private school as they did?

Yes, we are privy to them all expect the youngest. They are all J names so I would place a bet that the 2 year old is not named Elizabeth.

In the DM interview, the sister said she thought the girl who escaped, (the 17 year old) was the one who was named after her.

Here’s the quote and link:

“She also added that she thought the 17-year-old who had escaped was the same child named after her.”
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...3-kids-locked-California-home-speaks-out.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member