CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this was brought up before but, is there any speculation as to why Mike Hestrin DA pleaded with the public for information?
It seemed odd to me as he claimed no-one else knew it was happening.
Do they think maybe there were other families/people outside of the family involved?

The fairy tale theme is hideous. The pictures of the couple at there vow renewals -D looks like he is channelling a Prince Charming persona. No wonder they had to get married in Vegas - anywhere else they would have raised all sorts of suspicions.

Then in other photos you have L in her Snow White finery. And its almost as if the kids lived like, Cinderella treated so poorly. Dungeons/slavery feature heavily in fairytales. In actual fact D&L are more like the wolf and the evil stepmother.

I seriously doubt that they took the kids to Disney - the kids were never rewarded - it makes more sense that D&L went and then photoshopped the brood in. David was an engineer he would be computer literate able to use photoshop - this would give them even more satisfaction that they were fooling everyone about their idyllic life.

My theory is that those dogs were only for LT.

Didn't they leave some dogs - and a cat - behind in Texas?

I have a brand-new name for DT and LT:

Status Symbol Hoarders (TM Pending)

13 of them in the form of children, more in the form of Disney visits and toys, 3 cars, visits to see Elvis impersonators in Vegas, a huge DVD collection, home ownership, what other status symbols did they have that can be thrown into the mix?

Long, long time lurker, first time poster :)

A thought. If the 17 year old girl had been planning the escape for 2 years perhaps the second child that initially went with her was the 2 year old?

[emoji92]Welcome to websleuths, oceanaire.

I think the sibling got scared and ran back home so probably older than 2. But yes, maybe she wanted to save the baby before they passed the age threshold when they would start getting mistreated like the rest of them.

So you're saying that no one in America should be allowed to homeschool at all then?
I don't think anyone in this thread has implied this. The conversation has been about oversight, not homeschooling itself. I haven't seen a single post that leads me to believe that anyone in here is anti-homeschooling. Many people are simply pro-oversight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, wedding vow renewals, that's a status symbol too

cbd07a7c7c98aa4f5c4897f02299846a.jpg

a0ffc92f7a8ed6d585ca8269a43558b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horrifying.

THANKS OSU!!!! For posting those helpful but gruesome pics above. We all appreciate it.

I don't think anyone in this thread has implied this. The conversation has been about oversight, not homeschooling itself. I haven't seen a single post that leads me to believe that anyone in here is anti-homeschooling. Many people are simply pro-oversight.

I agree 100% and then some more if only because I have friends who homeschooled their kids, or their kids are homeschooling their little ones. Not to mention attended college with homeschooled children, one of whom happens to be a doctor.

Homeschooling in itself is neither good nor bad.

There is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it.

And when it is done the wrong way then yes the state needs to intervene and straighten things out.

I am perfectly OK with oversight in homeschooling, too.

Not sure if this was already posted?? [emoji15]

‘David Turpin’s father, James, the children’s’ grandfather, said from his home in Princeton, West Virginia, that he did not believe the reports about the abuse.

“I’m going to talk with the children, find out the real story on this as soon as I can get a call through to them,” James Turpin told The Associated Press.’

~snip

http://wishtv.com/2018/01/19/da-says-so-california-couples-abuse-of-12-kids-became-torture/

Not sure if this was posted?

‘David Turpin’s father, James, the children’s’ grandfather, said from his home in Princeton, West Virginia, that he did not believe the reports about the abuse.

“I’m going to talk with the children, find out the real story on this as soon as I can get a call through to them,” James Turpin told The Associated Press.’

~snip

http://wishtv.com/2018/01/19/da-says-so-california-couples-abuse-of-12-kids-became-torture/

Must. Keep. Him. Away. From. Children. At all costs.

Not sure if this was posted?

~snip

Yes and remember early on his wife chastised the reporter and said something like "I wish you all would stop reporting this stuff. My son's family are a very respectable family." um, okay.

~snip

Lovely

I wonder if they are trying to get the sleep schedules turned back around?

~snip

disgusting. They need to keep these angels far, far away from ALL sides of their family! Is there any way we as the public can make it known to officials they shouldn't be around any family??

No doubt if they're placed with LTs side they'll be pimped out for money and paraded around like a circus act. If placed with DTs side they'll be brainwashed into thinking they deserved this, and that they lied and ruined their parents lives.

from watching videos, I find it interesting that the two who seem kind of mentally challenged were kept shackled more often..curious if the parents couldn't deal with their disabilities?

I really hope they keep the "grandparents" away from these victims. Can any of our lawyer friends can tell us if they would have legal standing to claim custody? Please say no. I want these victims traken care of by people who give three and a half hoots about their happiness.

~snip

Hi guys, I'm new here. I find this case so shocking that I felt I needed to say/do something.
All I can say re. the above is that LE better be keeping the grandfather the hell away from those kids. A known family member doubting their version of events would be extremely damaging.
How dare this 'grandfather' have an opinion when he effectively washed his hands of the children who knows how many years ago.

Hi guys, I'm new here. I find this case so shocking that I felt I needed to say/do something.
All I can say re. the above is that LE better be keeping the grandfather the hell away from those kids. A known family member doubting their version of events would be extremely damaging.
How dare this 'grandfather' have an opinion when he effectively washed his hands of the children who knows how many years ago.

RSBM

Well said !

And, :welcome6: , carnabystreet !!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads