CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, maybe the 17 yr was aware that her oldest sister was at death's door?

They abused all of the children,and they all appear malnourished and abused in those photos, (except the baby) but from the moment I laid eyes on the oldest girl, I felt that she was the scapegoat , THE most hated by her parents. She was so so emaciated.

I have a feeling the lewd act charge was made so quickly, and with the other initial charges, because the escapee is either pregnant or said one of the sisters is pregnant. I could be wrong (and maybe this has been discussed already--I did see someone mention that the charge might then be rape).

I also wonder if LT told her brother she wanted a 14th child because she knew there was one already on the way--not her child, but her grandchild.

MOO!

I think it’s the dogs who are up for adoption, not the kids.

Someone reacted on this thread this morning to a post stating the minors are up for adoption. They reacted with “ALREADY, SO SOON?”. Maybe I misunderstood? But it didn’t appear they were talking about dogs.

They abused all twelve children,and they all appear malnourished and abused in those photos, but from the moment I laid eyes on the oldest girl, I felt that she was the scapegoat , THE most hated by her parents. She was so so emaciated.

I agree. She and the oldest son both look alarmingly thin, while some of the other children appear more borderline. Of course as full sized adults they would require the most sustenance.
Considering that the toddler was apparently a healthy size, I believe the parents wanted babies rather than autonomous children. It's an immature mindset - wanting cute dolls to play with rather than actual people - taken to its logical extreme. The adult children would likely be the biggest burden to this vile couple.

~snip
And Teresa Robinette said her sister regularly sent her pictures of that little girl, but not the rest of her brood.

'Last time I spoke to her on the phone was at Halloween,' she said. Her sister told how she had gone trick-or-treating with the youngest.

'I asked her why she didn't take all of her kids. She said that they were older and had no interest in it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289527/David-Louise-Turpin-eloped-16.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can imagine that they would kind of lose interest in going out and collecting candy that they weren't allowed to eat, and/or would be taunted with by merely being allowed to look at it.

From the article:

Sounds to me it's more just another case of what LT wants, LT gets. They snuck behind her parents' back, without their blessing.

If you read the article, the mother facilitated the relationship behind the fathers back, as she didn’t have a problem with it deeming DT a “Good Christian”. The father found out after the minor LT, was signed out of school, driven 1,000 miles away in hopes of elopement by a grown man, DT. The fathers reaction was to tell LT, a child, a minor, that “she made her choice, now live your life”. (Don’t come back). The sister stated that her father was so angry at LT’s mother for allowing the relationship behind his back, that they separated two years within two years while DT proceeded to breed their minor daughter like a cow.

That is not what LT wants LT gets.

That is inadequate supervision by not one, but two parents, for their own reasons. Not to mention, it’s emotional abuse and abandonment. She was not an adult. She was a child. Period.

In no way am I excusing LT. I am simply looking at all of the facts, as abuse and neglect are often intergenerational, which leads to problems in Kinship Foster Care at times. This abusive behavior did not come out of nowhere and did not happen in a vacuum.

Does anyone know how old LT was when her first child was born? The 29 year old?

I have a feeling the lewd act charge was made so quickly, and with the other initial charges, because the escapee is either pregnant or said one of the sisters is pregnant. I could be wrong (and maybe this has been discussed already--I did see someone mention that the charge might then be rape).

I also wonder if LT told her brother she wanted a 14th child because she knew there was one already on the way--not her child, but her grandchild.

MOO!

The escapee is 17 and the charge was for under 14. The kids under 14 are a 12 year old who looks 7, an 11 year old and the 2 year old, none of them would be fertile either due to age or due to malnutrition.

Sorry if this is a little off-topic but it makes me so upset that a monster like her can pop out 13 kids and my husband and I have been dealing with infertility for 9 years. We are so blessed to have the child that we do have, but all my life I dreamed of having a big family and we haven't been able to do so. I would have loved each and every one of those children, and given them the life they deserve.

Someone reacted on this thread this morning to a post stating the minors are up for adoption. They reacted with “ALREADY, SO SOON?”. Maybe I misunderstood? But it didn’t appear they were talking about dogs.

The only reference to adoption I can find is for the dogs. I think they may have misread or misunderstood. In addition, it is not a quick process to terminate parental rights, even if the parents are in jail charged with child abuse (see the Sherin Matthews case). I also think the children will need time to be treated and assessed before trying to find them an adoptive home. All moo, ime.

http://time.com/5109540/perris-california-turpin-dogs-adoption/

A timeline, this one based on the assumption the children's ages as listed on the bankruptcy application are accurate (** adding- they're not, so will try to correct for that in next pass).

--------

1985. The 16 year old high school drop out Louise and the 25 year old star college engineering student David are both living in their hometown of Princeton, WV.

He's attending UVA, she is living at home with parents who don't allow their kids to either date or watch TV. According to L's sister, Louise marries David to escape parents and a home life she finds too restrictive. Why the 25 year old future engineer marries an uneducated 16 year old girl is unknown.

David lands a job with General Dynamic, based outside Fort Worth, Texas. They relocate there from WV (or via CA first?) and live in a brick house in a "normal" neighborhood for approximately 6 years. They have 3-4 children while living here: ((????)) Note the 2 year intervals between the births of their first 4 children (???)

Their first child and eldest daughter is born in 1988, 3 years after they are first married (thank you, Poitry).

In 1999 they move again, this time to that rural farm house in Rio Vista, Texas they buy for $40,000. David now works for Lockheed Martin. Louise gives birth to their 5th child that year.

Children born in Rio Vista came one after another: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2005. The last child born in Texas arrived in 2007. When they leave for CA in 2010, they'll leave with 11 children.

Note the interval of just one year between the births of children five through 8.(???)

In 2004 Louise and David buy a double wide trailer for more than they spent on their farm house. They now have 2 mortgages to pay. They also now have 9 children, ranging in age from a newborn to 12 years old; 6 of the children, excluding the newborn, are age 6 or younger. (????)

Louise is 35 years old. She and David have been married for 19 years.

Several of the "older" kids are allowed to play with a neighbor's kids for a time. That ends when the neighbor mom asks one of the kids her name. She's told by the kid that she/he isn't allowed to tell anyone her name.

LE says the neglect then abuse began in these years. At some point Louise & David abandon (most?)of their kids and live separately, stopping by occasionally to feed children who are all under the age of 14-15, at the very oldest.

In 2007, Louise & David apply for, receive, and begin liberally using a slew of credit cards, running up tens of thousands of debt on those cards. They apply for & receive still more cards in 2008 & run up an equivalent amount of debt on those cards as well. Ditto 2009, though in that year they receive a far more modest number of cards, which they use until they can't.

They also buy 3 brand new cars in 2009, with a hefty monthly payment attached to each.

In 2010 Louise & David are up to their ears in debt, and behind in payments for virtually everything. When they leave Texas for CA that year they leave behind 2 dogs, 1 cat, a house in foreclosure, and a double trailer which has been repossessed.

David begins an engineering job for Northrup Grumman in January, 2011. They declare bankruptcy in August that year, with debts totalling about $140k, $4k in his checking account, and approx. $90k in 401k plans. They have their next to last child here, before moving again.

They move to Perris CA in 2014, where their (?) last child is born.

In 2018 they move, involuntarily, to jail, and if there is any justice to be had in this world, they will never be free again

(Please feel free to add info or correct if I've gotten anything wrong.)

The only reference to adoption I can find is for the dogs. I think they may have misread or misunderstood. In addition, it is not a quick process to terminate parental rights, even if the parents are in jail charged with child abuse (see the Sherin Matthews case). I also think the children will need time to be treated and assessed before trying to find them an adoptive home. All moo, ime.

http://time.com/5109540/perris-california-turpin-dogs-adoption/

There was discussion about the foster/adoption process being expedited due to the serious nature of the charges.
Whenever child endangerment is on the table, authorities may not go through the normal channels in order to get the children placed more quickly.

The gap between 12 and 13 bothers me. I worry about a nine year gap when she was pregnant every year for 12 years.

Miscarriages? Infants who died? Perimenopause, affecting her fertility? Is that child hers?

I am looking at the upper range. Louise married at 16, but her first pregnancy not until 20? and then a 3-4 year gap before the next? Makes me wonder if there might have been some other, older sibs that got away.

The gap between #12 and #13 surprises me less as Louise by then had moved into a high risk stage, based both on age and number of prior pregnancies.

One other little question I had is about #13. Hard to tell in the pics, but does that one have blonde hair? Or just one of those kids who looks blonde because they have very little hair. All the other girls appear to be almost twin-like in their hair and features.

No answers. Just questions.

cache.php

cache.php

Was he trying to look like Peter Pan? That hairstyle is so bizarre!

The journaling really throws me, well many things do, but allowing the kids to journal, so weird. I assume the parents read the journals? Did the kids write about their abuse? Anyone have any insight to this aspect of the case?

The journaling really throws me, well many things do, but allowing the kids to journal, so weird. I assume the parents read the journals? Did the kids write about their abuse? Anyone have any insight to this aspect of the case?

Wouldn’t surprise me, in the DL photo of the two of them they have their hands out in front cupped together and a hologram? Tinkerbell is standing in their hands.

I mentioned this back on the first thread but I don’t think anyone picked up on it. In the longest elvis vow renewal video, if you watch at about 38.25 does it look like DT hurts LT after she puts her hand up to his shoulder? I couldn’t see it on my phone but I was looking on the desktop pc and you see him move her hand and her face definitely changes.
I know it doesn’t make a difference to the case but just wondering if others see it too?

I watched it a couple of times and her face definitely changes but I think it was anger, not pain. Anger that he messed up holding her hand correctly (for the show)?

moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_FShQVnJIw

The DA yesterday said there were 100's of pages in the journals that they considered excellent evidence. That's all
we know. I doubt the parents were engaged enough to care about reading the journals. If all the children were
locked in the 3 bedrooms, only fed once per day, not bathed except once per year- I doubt the parents gave a d@m
what was in the journals. These kids were raising themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname