CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Looking at the courses he took, I can’t help but think there was a reason for those specific classes, other than the math. For example: mechanic classes to work on the vehicles as needed, architecture to plan/build basement or so for further torture...etc. And also for the financial aid. You usually have to be enrolled and taking at least 6 credits each semester to get the aid. Surely, they wouldn’t allow him to escape the horror house just for his benefit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would he even qualify for financial aid? I don't live in California, but with a similar family income we made too much for my kids to qualify even when we had more than one in college at the same time. Even if he did, he was living at home so I can't imagine aid would cover any more than the cost of the classes.

These parents are monsters, but I can't see how they'd have financially benefited from his enrollment in school unless things are very different in California.

IMHO, the 17 yo (then 15) decided that the new baby (now 2 yo) was NOT going to be abused like all of her other siblings. She had seen the pattern over and over again with her siblings. She knew that as long as the baby was still young, she would be fed, but that too would come to an end and the abuse would begin. I have suspicions around who the mother of the 2 yo truly is. I wonder if maternal instinct was the impetus to protect her “sister”. Speculation on my part of course. Time will tell. Either way, the 17 yo is an amazingly brave and tenacious survivor. In the end, she ended this hell on earth for all of her brothers and sisters.

God bless her!

I remember reading an article where it said that all of the kids were born in hospitals. So I think LT is the mother of all.

LT
12 torture
12 false imprisonment
6 willful harm to a child
11 child endangerment
7 harm/cruelty to dependent adult

DT

6 counts child endangerment
12 counts torture
12 counts false imprisonment
5 counts willful harm to a child
1 count lewd act
7 counts harm/cruelty to dependent adult

ETA to put DT and LT charges side by side in same post.

Replying to my own post to sort out the differences in the charges.

Both have 12 counts of torture

Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

He has 1 lewd act.

Did I count these right? Please check my work.

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801856P
LT charges:
http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801857P

ETA to add links from Kizzykat

Someone posted this link in another thread of where they lived in Perris and it is really enlightening as you see the place was really decked out with all the top end finishes of a model home. You can go from each room to each room ----
http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/ios-viewer.php?tourid=70634&id=1178147

The fact that they were going to up and leave to go to Oklahoma fits the pattern where they stay in a place for a few years and totally destroy the place, then move all of a sudden. I will bet that the house in Perris is completely awful. I think that this pattern of running up huge bills and buying cars and all these items and going on trips, then leaving and filing bankruptcy and having the debts all discharged is a way of life for the monster parents that has been going on for over two decades. They are classic con artists as well as monsters. I would not be shocked if there are more bankruptcy filings that go back several decades.

I also would not be surprised if there are Vienna Sausage cans littering the place in Perris like were found in the house they trashed in Texas. Maybe that is literally all they fed the children.

Thank goodness the house in Perris was a single story house. I think she probably had to scale a wall or a fence to get out once she made it outside as well because surely the Turpins locked the gate. If the brave 17 year old girl would have tried to escape from the Murrieta house, assuming she was locked in one of the bedrooms upstairs, she would have had to figure out a way to climb or jump down from a second story. Thank goodness she escaped when she did. If she had waited a day or two, it may have been too late.

He also has 12 counts of torture

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm seeing that now but I swear it wasn't there when I looked earlier today! I'll edit my post.

What is the statute of limitation for child endangerment? Because the 18-year-old adult was a juvenile just last year, and the 19-year-old the year before that, etc.

I guess what I'm thinking is, shouldn't the child endangermant charges include all the offspring who were juveniles however far back the SoL goes? In addition to the charges relating to abuse of dependent adults, of course.

HE has 12 counts of Torture

Okay, his "torture" charges weren't there when I looked this morning. I've left that page up all day. When I first looked at it, she had the torture charges but he did not. When I looked 5 minutes ago, they weren't there. Then, after reading the replies to my comment, I "refreshed" the page and his list grew a little longer and there they are. FWIW, the other difference is that, earlier this morning, his HRM/CRUELTY/DEP/AD charge only had 5 listed and now it has 7. So perhaps these are either more "fluid" as someone suggested or they were still putting it together when I looked the first time.

I am wondering about the oldest girl. She went to school kindergarten through third grade. Were there no manadated reporting laws? No staff member was concerned about a child who was filthy and had poop smell? No staff member was concerned that this child was an outcast?

Replying to my own post to sort out the differences in the charges.

Both have 12 counts of torture

Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

He has 1 lewd act.

Did I count these right? Please check my work.

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801856P
LT charges:
http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801857P

ETA to add links from Kizzykat

Thank you so much for organizing this vmmking, I was so excited that I just figured out how to attach a link, I was having an anxiety attack!:happydance:

I want to share my experience with starvation or near starvation, not to draw attention to something that happened to me in the far past, but to shed some light on what I believe these kids endured. I was starved for 29 months from 15-17.5. The experience still haunts me decades later. My weight dropped rapidly the first weeks of my captivity. I remember on day three climbing off my upper bunk and my legs literally collapsing under me. We were fed three small measured and rationed meals a day two meals on Saturday and Sunday. but those meals were predicated on perfect behavior. Girls who had lost the privilege to eat had to sit and watch the others eat. Girls who were not allowed to eat had to still help prepare, harvest, store and clean up food. Garbage cans were sealed and secured locks on refrigerators, doors etc. The never ending hunger was all consuming. All we thought about was food. Eventually we were forbidden to talk about food because we were all so obsessed. Girls risked bloody beatings to slip a muddy baby potato in their mouth while gardening or eat a crumb off the floor while mopping the kitchen. Girls licked their hands compulsively for the salty flavor and we ate our scabs, snot, paper anything leather we chewed on.
Sometimes there would be a feast, food our bodies desperately needed but created a shock to our systems. After one of these special occasion feasts girls would be doubled over and rocking in pain and vomiting. (Bear in mind that anyone who vomited was beaten for gluttony)
When visitors like board members or parents were scheduled food would be improved. I suspect to fatten us up a bit. We were weighed every Saturday morning and our weight charted publicly for some reason. over weight girls who arrived were put on half portions or our meager fare. That was literally a half cup of food. The for was unspeakably bad. Nothing normal people would eat. Raw bran like you would feed a horse was breakfast. Dinner might be a cup of boiled beans and a cup of boiled greens. None of us menstruated from the first week we were there. We all regressed to look like young children instead of teens and this was proclaimed to be evidence of the work of the Holy spirit softening our hard rebellious countenances and hearts. Our sudden childlike appearance was further enforced by the knee high socks and silly childish pinafore uniforms we wore each day. Bathroom use was considered a privilege and brutally regulated causing some girls to lose control of their bladders. That humiliation was not enough, Diapers were used in a very open and invasive way to further break down these poor souls.
I remember how my joints hurt all the time. Sitting in a metal chair for hours at a time was agony, a fine pelt of hair grew up my spine while my pubic hair and under arm hair disappeared. I was cold always and sleeping was hard on the thin mattresses because my hips and arms and spine had no cushion or protection. I remember that I would intentionally soak the arms of my flannel nightgown when I used the bathroom before bed so I could suck on the sleeves and get some relief from the horrible dryness of my mouth and throat when I slept. I remember that my hips and thighs were so small that I had to either hang on to the sides of the toilet or spread my legs wide so I did not slip in. My knees were the largest part of my legs. Mostly, over everything else, the gnawing pain of hunger. When there was food we ate all of it, as much as we could because we were compelled to by our depleted bodies. One time we were served freezer burned cow tongue baked on cookie sheets in an oven with no seasoning. The taste was awful and the meat was so tough it took us forever to chew it enough to swallow it, our jaws ached, but we sat and chewed and chewed and chewed that precious morsel of vile meat because we had too, our bodies demanded it.
When I left that place I suffered excruciated pain after eating fatty rich foods. Once I even ended up in an emergency room. I gained weight quickly and went from 88 pounds to a healthy 145 for my height in less than 5 months. I was covered in stretch marks, between my fingers, my neck, my breast exploded from a 30 AAA to a 34 DDD and I went through puberty all over again in a matter of months. I have struggled with food every since. I want all of the food all of the time. I feel sick if I have to throw away food and find myself planning for "next time" I cannot get food all the time. That was just 29 months......just a fraction, a parentheses, compared to what these poor children endured.

The boy that went to college, was he allowed to shower more often? I'm asking because they seemed to be all about appearances and it wouldn't be a good look if he was the smelly kid in class.

Has anyone who was in his classes spoken to the media at all?
He is said to have worn the same clothes to class every day.

Thank you so much for organizing this vmmking, I was so excited that I just figured out how to attach a link, I was having an anxiety attack!:happydance:
I will add it to the media thread and hopefully someone will check my work against the original docs in link in the next hour so I can edit if incorrect.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What do NF and CONT under the Disposition heading mean please?

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/...kno=201801856P
LT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/...kno=201801857P

NF means "Not Filed" and CONT means "Continued" in Northern California, so I assume it means the same thing in Southern California. I don't know the exact steps because they seem to vary from trial to trial and I am no lawyer, but some trials go through a criminal grand jury process and some go through a preliminary hearing process before the formal trial. I wish I knew more. Maybe someone can chime in and provide an explanation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cctv-shows-turpin-siblings-escaping-11898140

"The siblings are seen piling into the family's large silver van before it pulls out of the driveway and leaves the scene, bringing an end to years of torment and abuse.

One child runs to the vehicle and a person is seen carrying what appears to be a younger child in their arms."

I believe that's a LE van. Note the color white and the dividers between the side windows. The silver van doesn't have any dividers, just one long side window. Furthermore, the family van would be evidence. jmo

ETA, Now I'm seeing a gray van with dividers - maybe a newer or older vehicle. I can't see LE using the family van as it would be part of the crime scene. JMO

I remember reading an article where it said that all of the kids were born in hospitals. So I think LT is the mother of all.

Lord, I hope I am wrong! I guess I hear the level of depraved acts perpetrated by these “parents” and can’t help to wonder just how far this abuse went (I.e. Lewd act charge). It will probably take years to uncover what these poor souls lived through.

I have also seen the bond between older siblings and their younger siblings if they have been forced to serve as their primary caretaker. There has been studies on the bond developed amongst abuse survivors.

NF means "Not Filed" and CONT means "Continued" in Northern California, so I assume it means the same thing in Southern California. I don't know the exact steps because they seem to vary from trial to trial and I am no lawyer, but some trials go through a criminal grand jury process and some go through a preliminary hearing process before the formal trial. I wish I knew more. Maybe someone can chime in and provide an explanation.
Yes, it means the DA hasn't filed those charges yet.

Lord, I hope I am wrong! I guess I hear the level of depraved acts perpetrated by these “parents” and can’t help to wonder just how far this abuse went (I.e. Lewd act charge). It will probably take years to uncover what these poor souls lived through.

I have also seen the bond between older siblings and their younger siblings if they have been forced to serve as their primary caretaker. There has been studies on the bond developed amongst abuse survivors.

I also doubt the girls could have successfully had a pregnancy with how malnourished and thin they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther