KS KS - Jennifer Judd, 20, Baxter Springs, 11 May 1992

One of those Sundays when, in late afternoon, when one sits around and thinks about the passing years.

That's when quarter-century-old cases like this most come to mind.

Unless you're family -- then cases like this are front and center forever.

They are in my prayers.

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while...been busy! Honestly, the Jones theory to me is not as strong. I also knew him but more knew of him. I think the time before he turned into a serial killer and Jennifer's murder was years apart, knowing that Jones loved to talk and do meth I'm sure he would've said something to someone and they would've turned him in. Now with the Bible-Freeman case he could've been around at the beginning but he was arrested that night. Trust me, Jones talked a lot and wasn't really liked. What I don't understand with the DNA age as it is, there has to be something connected the murderer or murderers to the scene. I wonder if the Bryan's could get any of the DNA independently tested because you just never know. I really don't have any theories of who might have been involved, just hearsay. I do go back and forth from if there was one or two because I've heard about the crime scene either someone had over kill or two people were involved. I lean on one person because how does someone keep this a secret for so long, if numerous people know. I am so intrigued with the idea of the evidence being retested, there has to be something. Mark Garrett I'm not sure if I know exactly who you are, know your family. I know cold cases get solved all the time and I do pray for justice to be served for Jennifer and her family. I cannot even to begin to imagine how living in the same community as the person who took your child away can be like.

Oh to add...I contacted the podcasts:true crime, thinking sideways, the generation why, and numerous others. I have written an detailed outline of this case, about everyone related background as well. It is one of my goals to have Jennifer's case featured on one of my favorite podcasts. I also reached out to a social media friend who writes the "true crime diva" blog and she did a small write up about this case a few years ago.

I just want to stay tuned to this case so I’m hoping my post is going to allow me to see post from this case.

Jennifer was a relative and we played quite often together as children. I just want this case to be solved and spent many years looking over information and was on the original cold case website. I pray constantly it will be solved. I can’t believe more hasn’t been done in the media to bring this to be solved. I wrote Montel and Another media outlet and was contacted by them but nothing ever transpired because her husband did not want to talk to them. It ended there! I think dateline or someone Big should get involved and maybe this can be solved! I just find it really disturbing that this time in history we can’t get this case solved

Jennifer Judd was found by her husband and his friend Chuck. She was repeatedly stabbed & hey neck was swollen. The KBI was extremely pressured by the just for Jennifer group to arrest Chuck, to the point that they knew if they arrested anyone else that group would go ballistic die to their writing campaign to the Kansas Attorney General and the KBI. What I find suspicious is that too this day Mark Garrett gets on all these cold cases websites and discourages anyone from trying to find her killer saying they, he knows who did it. Especially when they're was no email or reason to even look at Chuck other than he found her body. And of course he was nervous at her funeral he had spent 16 hrs being questioned by the cops, had seen the bloody murdered body of a close friend and the cops said they was going to get him for it. I don't understand why to this day Mark Garrett is trying to discourage ppl from looking into who could have murdered her. I find this highly suspicious

Also, there was two serial killers, Jeremy Jones who was her neighbor at that time. I was contacted by Joann Zywicki, Tammy Zywicki mother by mail, she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her. We spoke a few times because the FBI wanted to look into a possible connection between these two murders but the KBI told them there was no need because they had their man. The FBI told her they couldn't step on another agencies toes but wouldn't discourage her from checking into it. Jennifer for the profile, body type of that serial killer and Tammy was stabbed 7 times in the chest in a circular pattern around her heart and one of her shoe strings had odd knots in it, they think possibly used as some type of choke hold on her neck. This is on her website, Who killed Tammy Zywicki. Baxter springs, KS was home to Yellow Transit that was in the process of closing down at this time. And Jennifer lived one block from Hey 66 across from a bar on the other side of that highway when not only did truckers hang out but would park their trucks and sleep it off all night. Hope all this is helpful.

Where do you go for information about a cold case that has so little written about it online or even in the newspapers? I'm researching David Keels' death in Yonkers NY in 1997?

Where do you go for information about a cold case that has so little written about it online or even in the newspapers? I'm researching David Keels' death in Yonkers NY in 1997?
Well, You have to get creative. So if there isnt much news stories. Id contact the Police Department in charge. Most likely they'll never return your call. So then I'd reach out to friends and family. In his case. If friends and family is a no go. And you get nothing from that. Id post on a local forum if any. And ask ex patrons of his bar. It really depend on the case. My approach differs depending.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the suggestion to get in touch with bar patrons!! I would never have thought about that. AWESOME!!

I just discovered this case, so forgive me if this is old news but I didn't see it mentioned here that Jeremy Jones did claim responsibility for Jennifer's death.

He has recanted on other confessions and her family doesn't believe he's her actual killer.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_a328671b-cac9-5462-965a-e091ecdf0385.html
"Yet, this year will be different from last year and the years before that. This year, they know that a man sitting on death row in Alabama has told investigators that he killed Jennifer, and that he did so because they had been having a secret love affair and she had jilted him by marrying Justin Judd instead.
The trouble with suspected serial killer Jeremy Jones' claim to Jennifer's murder is that Jones' jailhouse confessions - and he has made several - are about as elusive and potentially insubstantial as the sight of a distant oasis to a parched and delirious desert wanderer."

It's sad. The reason her parents refused to consider Jeremy Jones is because they found it so insulting that he said she was having an affair with him. And I'm sure she didn't, but that's typical delusional or fantasy talk of serial killers. And the police didn't even look at him at the time even though he exhibited psychopathic symptoms in school and was kicked out of school because of it. He was well known to authority figures back then as bad news, and living close to her at the time of her murder, there's definitely a good chance it was him.

Jeremy Jones was living with a girl there in Baxter Springs, KS. I've wondered if the police or any of the so called investigators have ever questioned her about Jeremy Jones about that day and the following days. I doubt it.

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174
Larry Hall, another serial killer, was in Missouri often. He traveled to Civil War enactments and it's documented that he was in this area during this time in 1991. He's now a suspect in unsolved murders and missing young women in this area during this time period. Interviews, books have been wrote about him. He's vile

There's another theory that's floated around in this area for years that I haven't seen on here. Okay, when the police searched Jennifer's house afterwards there was very little evidence to be found. There reportedly was a hair on our in her bed that may have the killer's. But DNA, finger prints. .. Little or none of. And at a later time it was said that the family had the house checked for places where blood had been cleaned up possibly right after her murder and there was a place on the kitchen wall that had been cleaned. All of these things indicate that her murderer had police type knowledge in order not to leave any evidence of himself and how to clean an area on the wall where she may have pushed him against in the struggle. But of course any police wouldn't want to follow that type of lead.

As for your theory about Jennifer's killer having police knowledge. This wasn't the days of CSI types of shows. I doubt the person who did this took the time to think about DNA or even finger prints. The killing was such over kill that there has to be touch DNA left from the killer, like skin cells ect. But the problem is, that at the time of the murder DNA testing was in it's begining stages. So I doubt the crime scene was protected by the police or the KBI. I wouldn't be suprised if they had collected stuff it was compromised. As for your comment about the house being cleaned after the murder. I remember hearing from a cousin that someone made the grandmother clean the house shortly after the murder. I am sure that's how the house appears to be cleaned. I am not trying to be mean or anything but the police department wasn't the best and I am quite sure that no one had the knowledge about DNA and how to handle a crime scene to cover up such a vicious murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back