CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaves and twigs has never struck me as anything huge. I have asked the question how common it is for outdoor killers to bury their victims. But obviously there’s no sort of statistic.

While it is haunting to hear “buried under leaves and twigs,” what else does a murderer do with a body, in a hurry, when he wants to somewhat conceal it?

There are two choices in my opinion: bury it under dirt or bury it under leaves.

I bet this is more common than we know for victims in wooded areas.

did anyone click this...virginia murder..I was struck by the body hidden in leaves and twigs. also the young age of the female victim

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/ho...ins-missing-16-year-old-jholie-moussa-n842506

yeah dirt, leaves, garbage, now that I think of it..so yeah. MOO

But it was a good article! I don’t think it would be related given the distance and lack of materials outdoors to bury a body?

yeah dirt, leaves, garbage, now that I think of it..so yeah. MOO

Very sad, the story of the teen twin in link above having been found like that, but it does not seem unusual to me that a killer in haste would pile leaves on a body and some brush or branches to hold the leaves down before taking off.

When TW's murder was mentioned in the same breath (so to speak) as the Delphi case with similarities being suggested, it always seemed to me it had to be something more particular than a leaf covered body which I imagine is likely quite common. I had thought of some unique other weapon perhaps used (in addition to the gun use we heard about) or some special sign/pose/marking left by the killer.

I didn't look..just saw the story this morning..look like such cute , fun girls..makes me so mad. MOO

I didn't look..just saw the story this morning..look like such cute , fun girls..makes me so mad. MOO

IKWYM, I just subscribed to Jholie's thread to follow up on it further.
So, nothing new in the TW thread here? Frustrating, but I remain hopeful something will be revealed soon!

Not only that, ML was reported missing on Sep 24, last seen on Sep 23 and her vehicle was found parked at the Catamount Recreation parking area. That is about 20 miles from where they had been camping at MTH but only 6 miles to Woodland Park where he was arrested on Sep 25. Had they moved their campsite after TW body was found? They remained even after the menacing reports because they were there between Sep 14-19 as he drove around the search scene.
bbm
When was the first pic of KN's/DN's car published with DN as the driver who passed the TW search area multiple times? Maybe, when the news came out DN needed another car for himself to drive out of this area unrecognized and maybe he used ML/her car?

September- Authorities were getting reports of menacing involving a hatchet in the same area as where Watkins was found. The suspect was traveling in a red vehicle with a missing tail light. We are unsure of the exact dates of when the reports were made.

September 27- Daniel Nations was arrested in Woodland Park, Colo. at Peoples Bank off Scott Avenue. He was in a red, Chevy Compact sedan that had a missing tail light and an Indiana license plate. His wife and two kids were also in the vehicle. Nations was charged with possession of a weapon by a previous offender after police found a hatchet and a .22 cal rifle in the sedan.

http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...ne-the-daniel-nations-investigation/628191353

I have actually always heard it is 30 days, not 21. I think the estimate of 21 days comes from a non MSM interview (Stroup), in which the sheriff of CC County cites 21 days. MOO

Either way, nothing says “business days” even in Indiana code. I don’t think jails operate on business days, but rather calendar days.

When the time period elapses, a judge in CC county would hold a hearing. JoCo would have to explain why they haven’t come yet, and if they still intend to, and then the judge could decide whether to extend another time period or release DN.

Catching up backwards, sorry;

POSTED: 5:17 PM, Jan 24, 2018

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ing-to-indiana-to-answer-to-unrelated-charges

The sheriff’s office in Clear Creek County says Nations will be returned to Indiana in the next 21 days to answer to those charges.

Yes, and I don’t mean to say that MSM is outright incorrect. However, the AG video with CCC sheriff came first chronologically on the 24th IIRC. The sheriff himself spoke of 21 Days to AG on the 24th at 3:30pm via youtube. I know this isn’t MsM, so I’m not linking it. But it came before the major news, and it came from the sheriff himself. So I believe the rest went on that, as I cannot find an MsM link before that time. I think they trickled in after that.

Please forgive me if I’m wrong, but I cannot find anything to support the sheriff or MSM’s “21 Days.” I believe the correct value of Days from extradition waver to pickup is 30. And then another hearing would happen.

https://www.denver-colorado-theft-c...on-law-can-i-post-bail-before-i-am-extradited

There is also the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act, which clearly states that the pickup window would be 30 days in most situations.

“The UCEA2 has been adopted by 48 of the 50 states, (the only exceptions being South Carolina and Missouri). The Act sets forth the process by which a state may request surrender of a wanted individual and the manner in which that individual is surrendered.

While there are some variances among the Act as adopted by the states, the principal requirements for extradition are as follows:

A valid arrest warrant issued by the demanding state

A request from the Executive Authority of the demanding state (typically the Governor)

A judicial hearing in the state having custody of the wanted person

A “waiver of extradition by the wanted person or a judicial finding that the Governor’s request follows all legal requirements if extradition is not waived

Custody taken by the demanding state of the wanted person within 30 days”

IMO they have 30 Days.

Yes, and I don’t mean to say that MSM is outright incorrect. However, the AG video with CCC sheriff came first chronologically on the 24th IIRC. The sheriff himself spoke of 21 Days to AG on the 24th at 3:30pm via youtube. I know this isn’t MsM, so I’m not linking it. But it came before the major news, and it came from the sheriff himself. So I believe the rest went on that, as I cannot find an MsM link before that time. I think they trickled in after that.

Please forgive me if I’m wrong, but I cannot find a anything to support the sheriff or MSM’s “21 Days.” I believe the correct value of Days from extradition waver to pickup is 30. And then another hearing would happen.

https://www.denver-colorado-theft-c...on-law-can-i-post-bail-before-i-am-extradited

There is also the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act, which clearly states that the pickup window would be 30 days in most situations.

“The UCEA2 has been adopted by 48 of the 50 states, (the only exceptions being South Carolina and Missouri). The Act sets forth the process by which a state may request surrender of a wanted individual and the manner in which that individual is surrendered.

While there are some variances among the Act as adopted by the states, the principal requirements for extradition are as follows:

A valid arrest warrant issued by the demanding state

A request from the Executive Authority of the demanding state (typically the Governor)

A judicial hearing in the state having custody of the wanted person

A “waiver of extradition by the wanted person or a judicial finding that the Governor’s request follows all legal requirements if extradition is not waived

Custody taken by the demanding state of the wanted person within 30 days”

IMO they have 30 Days.

Well I agree they have a max 30 days - . but saying within 21 days falls within the 30 days. What I have seen is that the exact date will never be given until he is already there - that's for safety reasons involving transport etc.

True Dat though we have no idea if the 21 days trickled down because we have no real LE quote.

And It might be obvious that have a wee bit of disdain for lazy reporting, LOL

Yes, the only LE quote of 21 Days was a non MSM video.

That is true that they do not tell anyone extradition is happening. In fact, even when inmates are moved from county jail to another jail or prison, court, or any other facility such as a doctor’s office, the inmates themselves are not given an exact time, and seldom a date.

CO’s just arrive for them, and all phones to the outside world are shut off so that no other inmate could tell anyone outside the facility that an inmate is being moved. This prevents hikackings, hits, hostage situations, etc.

We have programs like VineLink and MobilePatrol. However, since they are used by the public, they are on enough of a delay that we don’t know someone’s been released or moved until after the fact (as we have seen several times with DN).

I suspect that the first indication would be that we see he has been “released” from CCC jail via a sleuther checking the website or a vinelink alert sent out to subscribers. Then some random amount of time (24-48 hours??—drive time plus booking plus intentional delay—) after that, VineLink woild state that he was in the custody of another facility. Then a few hours later, the media would start reporting that he’s in Indiana. It could be 24-48 hours after he actually arrives.

IMO

Well I agree they have a max 30 days - . but saying within 21 days falls within the 30 days. What I have seen is that the exact date will never be given until he is already there - that's for safety reasons involving transport etc.

True Dat though we have no idea if the 21 days trickled down because we have no real LE quote.

And I really want to clarify I only brought up the non MSM video because I think it’s the source of an error. I was not stating it as a fact or saying it’s really the sheriff speaking etc. I just believe that a miscalculation started at that point in time.

bbm
When was the first pic of KN's/DN's car published with DN as the driver who passed the TW search area multiple times? Maybe, when the news came out DN needed another car for himself to drive out of this area unrecognized and maybe he used ML/her car?

http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...ne-the-daniel-nations-investigation/628191353
She went missing 24th . N's were arrested on 25th in their red car. The searchers pic of the red car was between 14th and 17th. I think it is a good point but he would have had to come upon her in or near her own car to know which car was hers. I did wonder if there were rest room facilities at Catamount rec area and he was doing his usual thing in public toilets though, then something happened. MOO.

I am liking this because of the 'true dat'...too funny! Tanks, mon.

She went missing 24th . N's were arrested on 25th in their red car. The searchers pic of the red car was between 14th and 17th. I think it is a good point but he would have had to come upon her in or near her own car to know which car was hers. I did wonder if there were rest room facilities at Catamount rec area and he was doing his usual thing in public toilets though, then something happened. MOO.

IIRC, there are no toilets at the Catamount trailhead.

CORRECTED: See below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member