KY - Five people dead, Johnson County murders-suicide, 10 February 2018

The WYMT.com article states he tried to harm his son-- but Cole escaped. :(
Like JN wanted to wipe out everyone.

The WYMT.com article states he tried to harm his son-- but Cole escaped. :(
Like JN wanted to wipe out everyone.

Both his mother, and sis, were counselors. I can't imagine being in such a dark place, that you'd take your entire family out, with you.

I absolutely cannot believe the people attempting to show support for him on his SM accts!
TY for previous arrest info, proof he was NOT a good loving family man, ffs.

His whole facebook includes his family. Wth with this guy?? His poor son!!!! He knows what his father meant for his fate to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I absolutely cannot believe the people attempting to show support for him on his SM accts!
TY for previous arrest info, proof he was NOT a good loving family man, ffs.

I think that the ones you may be speaking of, are friends of, or kin to, the family, and knew RN, and his family. They are probably trying to come to grips with what has happened. Flat Gap is a very small community. Smaller than mine. I'd guess if everyone didn't know them, they knew of them. In my experience, the type of comments being made from outsiders, would not be welcome, hence the replies. I most certainly would not welcome them. Condolences? Fine. Bombarding the perp's or, in some cases, the family's, FB page with insults and sarcasm? Not fine, nor is it helpful. They are going through enough already, and it's quite evident what he did.

From the same article:

A family source told Heavy.com that Nickell was “a predator of the worst kind” and was “repeatedly” in jail as well as being a “drug addict.”

A family member told Heavy.com that it was Nickell’s son who initially called 911 after seeing his father shoot his grandfather dead.

One of Nickell’s family members told Heavy that he and Lindsey Vanhoose had been accused of pushing Rebekah down the stairs the day before her death. The following day, after complaining of headache, Rebekah died after taking a nap. Now (sic) autopsy was ever done as Nickell’s mother had Rebekah “buried immediately.”

Lexington Herald Leader article:

Johnson County pieces together why a son would kill his parents, girlfriend and her mom

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article199609759.html

From the above article:

There was no indication of a struggle before the shootings, Frisby said.

Joseph Nickell lived with his parents.

Frisby said he understood the family had had a good day before the shootings. Arlene Nickell had fixed a meal and baked a cake, before Joseph Nickell apparently started shooting without warning, Frisby said...

Frisby said Nickell left behind a note. Frisby had not seen it, but said he understood from other authorities that it referred to the heartache his parents had felt since their daughter Becki died a few months ago...

Caudill said Joseph Nickell had struggled with drug problems for years. He had been through treatment, but seemed to suffer a setback after the death of his sister, who'd also had drug problems, Caudill said.

“This boy . . . he just never did really get over that. I think it just inflamed his addiction,” Caudill said. “It just come to a head.”

However, he said Nickell’s parents loved him and he loved them. There had been no bad blood between them that Caudill was aware of.

The three attended morning and evening worship services together Feb. 4. That night, Joseph sat between his parents on the front pew, but was “out of it” on some substance, Caudill said.

Joseph Nickell blurted out something during the service and his mother calmed him, Caudill said.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lexington Herald Leader article:

Johnson County pieces together why a son would kill his parents, girlfriend and her mom

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article199609759.html

From the above article:

There was no indication of a struggle before the shootings, Frisby said.

Joseph Nickell lived with his parents.

Frisby said he understood the family had had a good day before the shootings. Arlene Nickell had fixed a meal and baked a cake, before Joseph Nickell apparently started shooting without warning, Frisby said...

Frisby said Nickell left behind a note. Frisby had not seen it, but said he understood from other authorities that it referred to the heartache his parents had felt since their daughter Becki died a few months ago...

Caudill said Joseph Nickell had struggled with drug problems for years. He had been through treatment, but seemed to suffer a setback after the death of his sister, who'd also had drug problems, Caudill said.

“This boy . . . he just never did really get over that. I think it just inflamed his addiction,” Caudill said. “It just come to a head.”

However, he said Nickell’s parents loved him and he loved them. There had been no bad blood between them that Caudill was aware of.

The three attended morning and evening worship services together Feb. 4. That night, Joseph sat between his parents on the front pew, but was “out of it” on some substance, Caudill said.

Joseph Nickell blurted out something during the service and his mother calmed him, Caudill said.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks vmmking. I'd thought sis may have had similar struggles as her brother. I'd not seen her in many years, but Mom was a former acquaintance. Much loved in her community.

Maybe something was said, at dinner, that he took the wrong way, especially if he was on drugs at the time. I know folks who will sometimes say they can't wait to see their child, or loved one again, and mourn so for them. I've a family member who passed several years ago, from addiction problems, and her Mom still mourns, and sits at the cemetery. If they were using together, he could have even felt at fault, and in some crazed way, thought he was bringing them all together. I know it's crazy but folks don't think right when they're on a lot of that stuff. I don't know what his drug of choice was but meth makes folks plumb nuts.

Thanks vmmking. I'd thought sis may have had similar struggles as her brother. I'd not seen her in many years, but Mom was a former acquaintance. Much loved in her community.

Maybe something was said, at dinner, that he took the wrong way, especially if he was on drugs at the time. I know folks who will sometimes say they can't wait to see their child, or loved one again, and mourn so for them. I've a family member who passed several years ago, from addiction problems, and her Mom still mourns, and sits at the cemetery. If they were using together, he could have even felt at fault, and in some crazed way, thought he was bringing them all together. I know it's crazy but folks don't think right when they're on a lot of that stuff. I don't know what his drug of choice was but meth makes folks plumb nuts.

I understand what you are saying, but that wouldn't explain why he killed his girlfriend, who had children left behind, and his girlfriend's mother.

I understand what you are saying, but that wouldn't explain why he killed his girlfriend, who had children left behind, and his girlfriend's mother.

I don't know, for sure, of course, but from reading the Heavy article, I got the feeling that the gf used too. Some had accused them of pushing his sis down the stairs the day before she passed. Idk if that's true or not. GF's FB also listed her as "single", and he also tried to hurt his son, but he escaped.

It just seemed he was trying to take them all with him, and maybe the gf's mother got in the way. She was more or less murdered because she was there. It sounds, from the Sheriff that the note had tried to give some type of justification, for what he did, but my guess is, that the justification was deluded by drugs. Nothing makes sense when one's thinking is deluded by drugs.

RSBM

Well if this piece of excrement wanted to destroy his son's life--- he probably did.
He had to know this would mess up his son for the rest of his life.
Wondered if the gf was breaking up with the shooter-- except the son (Cole) was at the gf's home-- which he might not be if their relationship was 'rocky' ?
And slaughtered his own parents as well.
At least the killer is deceased. No one has to see his horrible face again.
Possibly an injustice collector ?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5378183/Man-shoots-dead-four-turning-gun-himself.html
One of Nickell's former coworkers, Jalisa Auxier Bentley, wrote that she can't 'wrap her head around' what happened.

'He was always good to me,' she wrote on Facebook alongside a photo of herself, Nickell, two coworkers and a customer. 'I don't know how it went from that to this and I don't understand cause that's not who I knew rip joe u (sic) will be missed.'

The other hair dresser who is standing up for the murderer ...... strange.
Just because he was 'always nice' to her does not excuse vicious murder !!
You cannot make excuses for monsters who kill innocent people .

:moo:

I would not be surprised if Joseph Nickell is an injustice collector.

Rampage killers and injustice collectors do not snap. They are smoldering with extreme resentment. They are consumed by resentment all their life.

Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden are injustice collectors. Very likely Nikolas Cruz is an injustice collector.

EXCLUSIVE: Suspect accused of stabbing 19-year-old to death near Livermore says he 'snapped'
http://www.ktvu.com/news/exclusive-...r-old-to-death-near-livermore-says-he-snapped
DUBLIN, Calif. - A man accused of stabbing a 19-year-old woman and leaving her on the side of a remote road near Livermore told KTVU in an exclusive jailhouse interview that he "snapped" and never meant to hurt or kill her.

"I didn't plan to do this at all," Daniel Gross, 19, of Modesto said in a 20-minute interview from behind a glass partition at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin.

But he said, "I feel like s---. I f---ing hate myself, you know? I wish I could go back in time and that this never happened."

He questioned whether any apology would be adequate.

Summary of his jailhouse interview:
- He acted in self-defense after Cuesta elbowed him in the ribs. Cuesta was armed with a knife he had given her for self-defense because she didn‘t feel safe skating in Tracy. She didn't come at him with the weapon, only her elbows.
- Confrontation happened after he and Cuesta had had sex in the back of Leonardo's car as Leonardo drove. All three had smoked marijuana that night.
- During the encounter, he said he had tied her up with a yellow rope, with Cuesta's consent.
- Cuesta began working at Carl's Jr. restaurant in Tracy about 5 months ago. He and Leonardo were shift leaders, Cuesta took orders.
- His working relationship with Cuesta turned sexual. Both women were aware of each other and did not object.
- Leonardo had nothing to do with what happened early Monday other than driving to and from Livermore.

"I'm not mad at her," he said.
He questioned whether any apology would be adequate? WTF?!

Summary of his jailhouse interview:
- He acted in self-defense after Cuesta elbowed him in the ribs. Cuesta was armed with a knife he had given her for self-defense because she didn‘t feel safe skating in Tracy. She didn't come at him with the weapon, only her elbows.
- Confrontation happened after he and Cuesta had had sex in the back of Leonardo's car as Leonardo drove. All three had smoked marijuana that night.
- During the encounter, he said he had tied her up with a yellow rope, with Cuesta's consent.
- Cuesta began working at Carl's Jr. restaurant in Tracy about 5 months ago. He and Leonardo were shift leaders, Cuesta took orders.
- His working relationship with Cuesta turned sexual. Both women were aware of each other and did not object.
- Leonardo had nothing to do with what happened early Monday other than driving to and from Livermore.

"I'm not mad at her," he said.
He questioned whether any apology would be adequate? WTF?!

I think this and the post above may be in the wrong thread...

I think this and the post above may be in the wrong thread...

Oooopsie. You‘re right, my mistake.

Now posted in the right thread but I am not given the option to delete these entries here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back