GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

If H was targeted for kidnapping I would think the perpetrator would have been prepared to kill the mother, not beat her. I have previous heard that brutal beatings typically indicate a personal relationship and rage toward the victim. If the mother knew the man she would likely have said if he abducted her child. This is a harrowing scenario, I’m not sure what to make of it all. Why would someone do this?

Good point. Why not just knock her unconscious to take the child? Why beat her severely?

Please stop speculating about H's paternity. We have been told in this morning's press conference that H's father is in the Coast Guard and rushed back from his out of town training immediately upon getting the news that his wife was beaten and his daughter was missing.

Maybe she put up a fight?! I sure as heck would if I felt threatened with my small children in my house.

Bet your bottom no one would get one of my children without a fight. I might lose, but I will die to protect them with all of my heart and soul. Mine are all adults, and Momma Bear would do everything she could to keep them safe to this day.

I can't believe people are wondering why he beat her- it's quite clear, he wanted H. Perhaps when she was unconscious, he thought she was dead!

Maybe she put up a fight?! I sure as heck would if I felt threatened with my small children in my house.

I feel confident she did put up a fight. This didn’t seem to deter the perp. Why would he leave her behind if she could identify him? Perhaps he thought he did kill her because she was unconscious.

what does 'lowcountry' mean?

The neighborhood looks like the garages are in the back of the homes and there's most likely an alleyway between them, anyone know if that's the case? That community style is popular in the lowcountry.

what does 'lowcountry' mean?

Lowcountry is simply a term used in South Carolina that describes the location in the state. The Charleston area is considered 'Lowcountry' because it is in the lower part of the state. The Greenville area, by contrast, is commonly referred to as 'Upstate', because it is more northern. I hope that clarifies it!

H still missing; asking all citizens to be on the lookout

releasing a sketch of a person of interest. has a flame tattoo and a lightning tattoo on his face

The audio is hard to hear, but I caught them say "critical situation". H is still missing. They need the public's help. They are asking the media to spread the word to ask citizens to be on the lookout for H.

releasing a sketch of a person of interest. has a flame tattoo and a lightning tattoo on his face

That has to be distinctive. Surely someone would recognize those tattoos

H is still missing.
Tip line: 8436196123.

New info:
Person of interest, not a suspect but may have information.
Flame on one side and lightening bolt on the other side of face.
Have a sketch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back