FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pathetic where do all of them come up
with this stupid sh!!

effing scary and I can be not logical

but man

how do any of em keep a straight face

you could not find him it would take the white pages you had first and last name

now i know resources i would rather have him say due to limits we were unable to f/u

thats honest telling etc etc

but everyone keeps treating the masses
like we are idiots

I'm sure this has been brought up before now, but how is it that we here at WS were able to locate this kid within seconds by FB using the unique spelling of his first name. How is it possible that the FBI could not? Simply find his FB and dial up the IP address.
Am I crazy?

IIRC much of the anger following SH was directed at the Senate for blocking bills -- gun registry and other -- recommended in the wake of those shootings. My sense is that those were presidents who were working for tighter restrictions facing an obstructionist Senate or House, so maybe the bulk of reformist ire was directed that way?

Thank you for your thoughtful response and the information on the senate. I try to stay away from politics and political convos, so I appreciate you responding in a non aggressive way. I just wanted to acknowledge that I saw your post and appreciate your response. I am going to refrain from further political discussion so I don’t get the ban hammer. [emoji4]

So if the schools have another layer of security in place what about theatres, nightclubs, concert venues, malls, streets etc. etc. I think these killers will simply find another venue.

In Broward County, Deschamps lived next to the Cruz family with her then fiance Paul Gold and his daughter. Nikolas’ mother Lynda Cruz would babysit Gold’s daughter, who described Nikolas as “socially awkward.” The girl, whose mother did not want her name to be used but approved the interview, said Nikolas was upset when he learned he was an adopted child.

“Then his mom passed away and he really went down hill,” said the girl, a Wellington resident.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/b...antana-after-mom-died/1Umm5K4NIANY0iAFEzG3sL/

I can't find the links but I have read that he was adopted at a day old.
you are not alone

i cant figure out the chronology from both to death of bio family when adapted were the siblings separated when how is the other sibling

where is he more about the family that let
him move in

where was he living before bio mom died

that BB video was in the same color building that he was arrested near

where did bio mom and him live

did he know his sibling

ugh its frustrating

all that matters as far as trying to assemble these people's lives

past enlightens present no other way it can be

I've also wondered about RAD. That's one of the most difficult diagnoses to work with, in my experience.

I experienced, as a teacher, parents who would become so angry and beligerant about other students with special needs. They'd tell me, "someone just needs to beat some respect into that kid," and we're talking about preschool students. I couldn't just break confidentiality and say, "well, actually, that kid does get beaten daily which is actually the problem" or "that's a 3 year old who was born addicted to meth, so their brain didn't get the same opportunity to develop as others" or "when one lives in a shelter one must get out their energy somewhere" and on and on... when it's their kid everyone is supposed to be all accepting and kind and tolerant, but not for that "bad kid" over there.

little people just have not had enough time to learn how to manage uncomfortable feeling states

assuming there is not something else ( like him ) happening

the more I learn the sadder this whole thing is he is so sick

Then they'll rent a box truck and ram it into a group of people

In some cases, yes, But it's hard to rent a box truck and drive to the third floor of a high school.

Not sure that anyone is making the argument that all forms of mass slaughter can be contained. But some forms are easier to prevent than others, so why not go for the lowest-hanging fruit?

What a telling, sick response to good faith efforts to curb slaughter. What is the matter with people who think like this???? Sick.

Considering the response from the poster to my question not much point in discussion with him or her.
Best left alone out of respect for other posters.IMO

Link to where he was found mentally incapable of managing his financial affairs.

Why do you insist on nit-picking everything to ad nauseum? Are you not able to find your own links to your questions? Most of us will look first, and then ask for help —- that helps keep the dialog moving along much more smoothly and with less tensions.

no one inferred he could not manage his own finances. That is not the only criteria that could have prevented him from purchasing his weapons. We don’t even know if the rule would have prevented this particuiar incident, as you are well aware.

I think that schools need to greatly increase security by using metal detectors and barriers to prevent unauthorized entry by armed individuals onto school grounds.

It's the only thing to do if we're not going to take measures to address the causative problems.

For those of you who are complaining I am "censoring" you I need you to understand something;

We will get NOWHERE with this discussion if we try and debate guns. We will not. This thread will meltdown and then it closes and we have no discussion.

I want you to answer yes or no to a hypothetical question.

Would there have been a school shooting had someone been able to step in, get this guy some help, perhaps intense in-patient therapy of some sort so that all the feelings of anger, hatred, and wanting to get even are eventually replaced with an understanding that he did not need to kill anyone? Yes or No?

Let me answer that for you. NO there would not have been a school shooting.

The real discussion is WHY. Not the method. Believe me, if guns were not available you would still have angry guys like this one. Remember Timothy McVeigh?

How hard would it be to drive a car onto a school sidewalk and kill a bunch of people? How hard would it be to make a bomb from directions found on the internet? How about stabbing and killing 7 children?

My point is you have to deal with the WHY are people picking up guns to kill innocent people?

The question is WHY. Not why guns?

Listen I am not talking about someone who picks up a gun in anger and kills someone or uses a gun for an armed robbery. For those type of situations yes, it would be wonderful if that person did not have a gun. I get that and I am all for logical gun control.

I'm am talking about what we are seeing with respect to this discussion. We are seeing the well thought out, well planned, execution of innocent people. This time it was with a gun.

I have been doing this a long time. I know what happens when we try and open up a topic where no one will change anyone's mind.

For those of you who think I am a gun advocate, you are wrong. Just the opposite. It is obscene we allow people to buy AK=47's. If someone told me that if I turned in my gun then others would and our gun problem would be under control I would do it in a heartbeat.

Why was this guy so angry? How could he have been stopped? Take the gun out of his hands and replace it with a bomb, a truck, a knife attack, poisoning food or water, whatever the way he chooses to deliver death is not what matters. What matters is the WHY????

If you took all the guns away this person would still be angry and would find another way to kill a big amount of innocent people. If you took away this person's anger and hatred and/or mental illness then no one would have been killed.

In closing, I want to say I know this seems like a simplistic way of looking at the situation. I do realize there are times when you give someone all the help they need and it still isn't enough. They are still a great danger to others. In those situations, the person either needs to be locked up or make damn sure they have NOTHING they can use to harm anyone including guns, knives, vehicles, poison, and the list goes on and on. It is almost an impossible situation to try and contain. I don't know the answer.

Thank you,
Tricia

Umm. It most certainly can be a crime. You can’t just walk around and threaten to shoot people.

It can be but isn't always. What he said likely was not. It's got to be specific. Like a specific target or date, etc.

I posted that I thought he may have RAD because I was under impression he was 4 when adopted. I wonder if bio parents had any mental health issues. Although, now I am reading that he was autistic.

There are proven genetic links to mental illness

no different than a propensity for cancer.

I don’t recall the same anger being directed at Clinton after columbine, bush after the Amish school shooting, or Obama after sandy hook. I’m not being sarcastic, I just really don’t remember if it happened. I do remember though, that all of those presidents said they wanted to/were going to make changes. And here we are. What changes did they make? This has been an issue long before our current president. JMO

Oh I think there has been plenty of outcry, anger and sorrow across all presidents. But perhaps the tipping point has been met because these tragic shootings are escalating and people feel quite powerless to stop it. The losses are multiplying.

For me, there has been stone silence after Las Vegas where 500 plus citizens were shot, killed and wounded, some young just like these kids this week. That's a battlefield statistic. So, for me, dosen't much matter who is sitting in the Oval Office, or if they call the shooter mentally ill, or if now is not the time to talk about it, it's the silence, the inaction, the non-priority, of all our leaders, and now 17 more dead, and 14 more wounded.

How much more violent has our world become? From both international and domestic terrorism... Quite a bit in the last 25 years.

One president only has so much power at any given time. The solution is way too complex both in the mental state of the shooters and in how easy it has become to commit an atrocity. To even make a dent it's going to take all our leaders, at the top, congress, states, cities, towns, and our citizens... Question is, how much more silence can we take and how many more lives will we lose?

Thank You
We lost our Carmen the most brilliant child, the world lost a very important person you guys have no idea. Out of all my kiddos I took care of 5 of them I dragged around town all gifted hi IQ etc she was younger and the smartest.
National merit etc without even blinking an eye

So sorry you lost such a bright young star from your life. Devastating. RIP Carmen.[emoji257]

For those of you who are complaining I am "censoring" you I need you to understand something;

We will get NOWHERE with this discussion if we try and debate guns. We will not. This thread will meltdown and then it closes and we have no discussion.

I want you to answer yes or no to a hypothetical question.

Would there have been a school shooting had someone been able to step in, get this guy some help, perhaps intense in-patient therapy of some sort so that all the feelings of anger, hatred, and wanting to get even are eventually replaced with an understanding that he did not need to kill anyone? Yes or No?

Let me answer that for you. NO there would not have been a school shooting.

The real discussion is WHY. Not the method. Believe me, if guns were not available you would still have angry guys like this one. Remember Timothy McVeigh?

How hard would it be to drive a car onto a school sidewalk and kill a bunch of people? How hard would it be to make a bomb from directions found on the internet? How about stabbing and killing 7 children?

My point is you have to deal with the WHY are people picking up guns to kill innocent people?

The question is WHY. Not why guns?

Listen I am not talking about someone who picks up a gun in anger and kills someone or uses a gun for an armed robbery. For those type of situations yes, it would be wonderful if that person did not have a gun. I get that and I am all for logical gun control.

I'm am talking about what we are seeing with respect to this discussion. We are seeing the well thought out, well planned, execution of innocent people. This time it was with a gun.

I have been doing this a long time. I know what happens when we try and open up a topic where no one will change anyone's mind.

For those of you who think I am a gun advocate, you are wrong. Just the opposite. It is obscene we allow people to buy AK=47's. If someone told me that if I turned in my gun then others would and our gun problem would be under control I would do it in a heartbeat.

Why was this guy so angry? How could he have been stopped? Take the gun out of his hands and replace it with a bomb, a truck, a knife attack, poisoning food or water, whatever the way he chooses to deliver death is not what matters. What matters is the WHY????

If you took all the guns away this person would still be angry and would find another way to kill a big amount of innocent people. If you took away this person's anger and hatred and/or mental illness then no one would have been killed.

In closing, I want to say I know this seems like a simplistic way of looking at the situation. I do realize there are times when you give someone all the help they need and it still isn't enough. They are still a great danger to others. In those situations, the person either needs to be locked up or make damn sure they have NOTHING they can use to harm anyone including guns, knives, vehicles, poison, and the list goes on and on. It is almost an impossible situation to try and contain. I don't know the answer.

Thank you,
Tricia

No complaints here. It really ends up being an argument that goes in circles and escalates. It is hard to to discuss without referring to the elephant in the room but I think we see how it devolves. I'm not sure what we all think will be the end result of the debate. No one is going to change their mind who has a strong opinion.

Florida school shooting: 19-year-old accused of killing 17 is a 'broken child,' lawyer says

Public defender Melisa McNeill appeared with the school shooting suspect, 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, at a brief court appearance today.

"My children they go to school in this community and I feel horrible for these families," McNeill said, adding, "and Mr. Cruz feels that pain."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/students-p...cksource_4380645_1_hero_headlines_bsq_related

He may very well be a “broken child” ... who murdered 17 people. It’s not a license to kill, however. He was apparently whole enough to know how to purchase items and plan this attack.

In some cases, yes, But it's hard to rent a box truck and drive to the third floor of a high school.

Not sure that anyone is making the argument that all forms of mass slaughter can be contained. But some forms are easier to prevent than others, so why not go for the lowest-hanging fruit?

The box truck is easier to get than a gun, so it's the lowest-hanging fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther