IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I still think it totally INSANE the search was called off around midnight! WTH??? I don't understand. Where did they think these girls were??? What were they thinking at that time??? Not seeking to blame any one but - I have never understood this at all. Seriously. What if the girls had been taken into a building in the vicinity and were being molested? Just call it off for the night? Whaaaaaattttttt???

I understand that Libby's phone was not working by 3:20 or so that afternoon, according to a family member's account of trying to reach her. To me, that would have been an indication the girls could be in danger, but to each their own,, LE made decisions early on about the search that we can Monday morning quarterback for years on here, but to call it off at Midnight seems reasonable to me.

I visited the general area around where this happened, last Summer. Deer Creek and the beautiful cut through the Earth it sets in, east of the bridge and west into Delphi, reminds me of Upstate, NY, where I grew up. Even using flashlights, wooded areas, especially areas with glacial cuts, ravines, etc., like Deer Creek by that bridge, at night are treacherous and downright stressful to search in the dark.

They were found the next day roughly 3/8 of a mile upstream, on private property. LE and folks in the community have said there wa no reason to believe that the girls were in danger that evening. So I can see why the area where they were eventually found would not have gotten a thorough search, it's a decent distance from the bridge, around a bend in the creek, upsteam and on private property. The initial search was kind of haphazard, and started after dusk if I remember coorrectly.

I'm intrigued with one sentence during the press conference at Monan Bridge 2/13: an example was being given, what someone recognizing the image or voice of BG would say: "that is my brother." He continued with other examples too, yet he could have said boyfriend, husband, son, and yet brother was first. Not for the first time I am thinking they are speaking to someone's conscience...someone who might be watching. It was like the previoius television appeal: "someone talked to him yesterday."

I'm glad folks here are asking questions about the presser. I've caught only excerpts of it. It didn't seem like there was any info to get from it, on my end, but reading the opinions of folks here about it is interesting to me.

I have a question for folks outside Indiana, say in the Midwest and maybe beyond: Has there been any local coverage of the presser? None of the stations here in Fort Wayne carried it live, I found this odd as it took place at 4PM, not exactly a high revenue part of a typical TV station's schedule. I take it the Indy stations all had it live.

Could this be another sign of sorts, like how members here think LE might be (what I call) telegraphing to BG or his family members? Telegraphing to the part of Indiana surrounding Delphi and down towards Indy, only? Why even have a presser?

I think in the initial search that late afternoon, they thought they were looking for 2 girls that were lost, or injured, or maybe drunk or high, as teens sometimes get....and they thought they might find them sitting off the path, waiting for help to arrive.

I don't think they thought they were going to find bodies that afternoon. JMO

http://cbs4indy.com/2018/02/13/delphi-families-take-cbs4-through-abby-and-libbys-last-hours/
13th February 2018
The families clinging to key pieces of evidence like the picture, the detailed sketch, and the killer's voice. Both families keeping the faith that the man who murdered their little girls will be caught.

“They will get to the bottom of all of it…eventually. I never doubted for one minute. Any minute now, all of this is going to be over,” said Williams.

If you have any information on the girl’s murders, call 844-459-5786.

-.-.-.-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51388...williams-liberty-german-killer-family-search/
14th December 2017
Anna Williams — Abigail’s mother — said there were days she would “rather just not be here” and fears she still might not have any answers in ten years.

Lovely message from Abigail’s Grandmother

“Please accept this humble attempt to express the enormous gratitude that our families have felt during this past year since the loss of our girls, Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

From the earliest hours when neighbors and friends brought food and flowers to our doors, throughout the days, weeks and months that followed with cards, memorials and personal gifts of remembrances. We have been blessed by an unparalleled show of support from our schools and local business community, as well as the generosity from individuals and organizations all over our state and our country. We’ve been hugged and held by our dearest friends and embraced by empathetic strangers in the grocery store.

Every prayer that’s been said, every note that’s been written, every candle that’s been lit, every ribbon tied to a tree or lamp post, every orange light that burns touches us so deeply.

You have dedicated motorcycle rides, concerts, sporting events and numerous other occasions in honor of Libby and Abby. You’ve worn their names over your hearts and kept their memory within them.

While each new day brings the painful reminder of an empty chair at the dinner table, or a milestone that won’t be met, a missing face from a group photo, or a voice that will never again be heard on this earth, with each day we find love and comfort from our families and friends near and far, encouragement from our churches and pastors, strength and support from our community, and above all, hope and faith in God.

We are not alone in our suffering, as tragedy continues to touch the lives of many other families, even in the last 24 hours. Join us in praying for them as you have for us, knowing that it does make a difference. It cannot erase this awful void we now live with, but enables us grieve in unison.

To Abby and Libby’s classmates, siblings and young relatives, though the lights, ribbons and remembrances will always remind us of Abby and Libby, let them also remind you that this is how much you are loved by your family, school and community, and this is how much we care about you, and this is why your life is so important. Live with purpose.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...thank-you-delphis-care-and-support/341069002/

http://cbs4indy.com/2018/02/13/delphi-families-take-cbs4-through-abby-and-libbys-last-hours/
13th February 2018
The families clinging to key pieces of evidence like the picture, the detailed sketch, and the killer's voice. Both families keeping the faith that the man who murdered their little girls will be caught.

“They will get to the bottom of all of it…eventually. I never doubted for one minute. Any minute now, all of this is going to be over,” said Williams.

If you have any information on the girl’s murders, call 844-459-5786.

-.-.-.-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51388...williams-liberty-german-killer-family-search/
14th December 2017
Anna Williams — Abigail’s mother — said there were days she would “rather just not be here” and fears she still might not have any answers in ten years.
I wonder what changed for AW between December and February to give her some hope, based on the two articles.

I wonder what changed for AW between December and February to give her some hope, based on the two articles.

I think maybe you're just reading too much into it...the constant roller coaster emotions of a grieving mother

I think maybe you're just reading too much into it...the constant roller coaster emotions of a grieving mother

I agree. That's kind of how that kind of grief works, it ebbs and flows. She is probably just trying to hold onto some hope.

Hi ocgrad, I'm curious–– why do you think more than one person is involved? How many do you think? More than 2?

This is an excellent resource posted by emptybottles yesterday, post #139 this thread. Brief interview of the lead detective on the case! Watch the video.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36134958/...eved-to-have-killed-2-girls-in-delphi-indiana

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 8:04 PM MDT Updated: Aug 14, 2017 9:00 PM MDT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The lead detective investigating the killings of two Indiana girls said they have more audio of the killer's voice.
Abby Williams and Libby German were killed in February while out on a walk at the Delphi historic trails.

Police released an audio clip recorded on Libby's cell phone of what's believed to be the killer's voice saying "Down the Hill." Police now say they have even more from her phone.
"We have only released a portion of it," said Sgt. Jerry Holeman with Indiana State Police. "There are some others we think could help us, but again, protecting the integrity of the investigation is key. So we cant release everything, because there are only certain people that know the details."

Additional Audio - check
Multiple suspects - sure sounds that way

Police also said the recovered DNA evidence from the crime scene.

DNA - check

Several people say they saw the killer on the trails the day Abby and Libby died, which helped police develop a composite sketch released last month.

Multiple witnesses - check
Sketch from Witnesses - check

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have pondered what it means when they say they have DNA but still cannot clear someone. It seems logical, to me that is, that if they believed one person is solely responsible and they have that one person's DNA then a lot of people could be cleared. But even after they compare a POI DNA they "cannot exclude them". I remember the very first word they used in describing BG, that he "participated" in the murders. And in the beginning they could not state for sure that DTH was in fact BG's voice. I think they have evidence in the video that there was another person. I think that person was at the end of the bridge or down on the road, maybe pointing a gun at the girls and it may explain why they didn't run.

I am not completely shutting down the possibility of two, but the reason I do believe BG has gotten away with this crime so far is because he was alone!!! Another person would mean a possible running mouth.. to me, two people are easier to break. And right now we have no break. Just my opinion!

I think we are unable to see all of the right shoe due to the unevenness of the ties.

In the animated pic posted upstream, when he takes a step we can briefly see the blurred underside of his left shoe/boot. I'd like to see this frame enhanced/analyzed in the image thread, fwiw.

I wonder if LE, during the course of their 1 year investigation to date, suspects a connection of BG to any other cases specifically (due to COD, signature, other evidence, etc.).

""I would ask for people to not compare photographs on the Internet," he said. "Please, if you have an idea of an individual, a comment, a phrase, a name, send it to us."

Then Carter turned his attention directly to the suspect, saying he believes the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place eventually, to lead to an arrest.

"I hope you hear me loud and clear," he said. "If you're watching this, and you're responsible, today might be your day. It might be tomorrow. But I guarantee you your day is coming.""

UPDATED: Police investigation into Delphi killings enters 2nd year
Feb 13, 2018
http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_f5f2ae8c-10ff-11e8-954a-9f8290280f00.html

Libby German's mom grateful for Delphi murder investigators, prays for justice
https://www.wthr.com/article/libby-...delphi-murder-investigators-prays-for-justice

"Timmons said she wants to eventually help other families coping with loss.

"You have no idea how hard it is to find a grief counselor for this specific situation," Timmons said. She said she would like to start a foundation in her daughter's memory to help others facing the loss of a family member to crime.

"In true Libby fashion, I want to help others and provide advocacy, counseling, alternative means of investigation," said Timmons, who traveled from her home in Kentucky to mark the anniversary of murders."

Don't know why but I keep picturing a "successful" family man from 2-3 hours away. Someone no one would ever suspect.

moo
My thoughts exactly. Possibly someone interested in trains and abandoned railroad tracks. Usually will travel 2-3 hours to see. There are a few groups on Facebook.

I can't tell if you're joking about the puppy or not...I am assuming so?

The suspect is not a sane person. Anything is possible and I like to keep an open mind and think outside the box.
So no I'm not joking. I think you have to look at everything regardless of how ridiculous it may appear.

I see people carrying their toy dogs like this all the time, especially homeless. Or it could be a stuffed animal? Maybe he tried to use it as a lure? It looks more like a kitten to me though. The image shows that he certainly has a full coat and I think LE's body weight for the suspect is off by about 40lbs. I would say 160lbs.

The reflections on the hands do point to latex gloves. And that does look like the tip of a gun barrel reflecting light from underneath his shirt.
Another possibility would be a watch face on his right hand. Which would be a clue since most men wear watches on their left. Bare skin would not cause those reflections.

And I'm not sure what to make of the jacket. is it a tear patched with tape? Something is strange on the right upper arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592