IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A core team of 15 law enforcement remain working on the case locally, including the FBI.

The team coordinate with law enforcement across the country, whenever a tip is called in from outside of Indiana."

EXCLUSIVE: Grandparents of the teenage girl who was killed with her friend on Indiana's Delphi Trail speak out a year after the crime and say they are 'continually working' with police to find the murderer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381385/No-arrests-Delphi-murders-teen-girls-year-on.html

Trail improvements planned and funded, 1 year after Delphi double murder
http://fox59.com/2018/02/14/trail-improvements-planned-and-funded-1-year-after-delphi-double-murder/

"The Delphi Historic Trails represent about a network of roughly 10 miles of walking paths. They draw visitors and tourists to the county and to Delphi, but since the murders, Leahy said requests for trail maps have pretty much stopped."

Snip

"In addition to the visible security measures, Leahy said a new E911 Overlay mapping system will give emergency services precise maps of where the trail markers are and how to access them—the goal is to reduce response time if someone calls in about an incident."

I wonder what changed for AW between December and February to give her some hope, based on the two articles.
So insightful Shiressleuth. When I read that statement by Anna in December my first thought was if LE had any substantial leads now was the time to tell Anna. Whatever the reason, I'm so happy she has hope.

Hi ocgrad, I'm curious–– why do you think more than one person is involved? How many do you think? More than 2?

It has been reported that a woman was taking pictures at 3:45 pm from the same location the girls were at on the south side of the bridge who said she saw a man and a woman arguing underneath the bridge at that time. The girls disappeared around 2:45pm. I believe it was shortly after that another witness reported seeing the man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north. There is an interview with one of the girls fathers who was there looking for them which includes a very accurate minute by minute timeline.

For reference (no more discussion of DN per Tricia!):

Daniel Nations no longer a major concern in Delphi murders
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Nations-no-longer-a-major-concern-in-Delphi-murders-474116613.html

"DELPHI, Ind. (KKTV/WTTV) - Daniel Nations, the man once considered a person of interest in the Delphi killings of two young girls,is not a major concern for investigators in Indiana.

"As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him [Daniel Nations], and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time," Superintendent Douglas Carter with the Indiana State Police said Tuesday. “Until somebody is arrested, we’re interested in almost everybody.”"

Tricia's post:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-81&p=13928947#post13928947

"YES. DN, DANIAL NATIONS IS NOW NO LONGER A SUSPECT THEREFORE WE NEED TO MOVE ON AND NOT DISCUSS HIM ANYMORE

Daniel Nations "not someone we care a whole lot about at this time" in Delphi investigation

No more discussion of Daniel Nations, please.*

Thank you,
Tricia"

For reference:

Daniel Nations no longer a major concern in Delphi murders
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Nations-no-longer-a-major-concern-in-Delphi-murders-474116613.html

"DELPHI, Ind. (KKTV/WTTV) - Daniel Nations, the man once considered a person of interest in the Delphi killings of two young girls,is not a major concern for investigators in Indiana.

"As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him [Daniel Nations], and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time," Superintendent Douglas Carter with the Indiana State Police said Tuesday. “Until somebody is arrested, we’re interested in almost everybody.”"

I don't place much stock in that statement. It's poorly thought out and makes no sense based on what we know about what happened in Colorado. i.e. the attorney turned them away.

I am not completely shutting down the possibility of two, but the reason I do believe BG has gotten away with this crime so far is because he was alone!!! Another person would mean a possible running mouth.. to me, two people are easier to break. And right now we have no break. Just my opinion!

Welcome kidetect22 :)

:welcome3:

I read an FBI article online about serial killers. What jumped out at me was the repeated phrase of: protect the integrity of the investigation. Seems I've heard that from Detective Holeman a few times.

I read an FBI article online about serial killers. What jumped out at me was the repeated phrase of: protect the integrity of the investigation. Seems I've heard that from Detective Holeman a few times.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard this statement here in cases, and posted/quoted as such. In other words, you can bet this to be standard in many, many cases, not just SKs. Common terminology from LE.

It has been reported that a woman was taking pictures at 3:45 pm from the same location the girls were at on the south side of the bridge who said she saw a man and a woman arguing underneath the bridge at that time. The girls disappeared around 2:45pm. I believe it was shortly after that another witness reported seeing the man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north. There is an interview with one of the girls fathers who was there looking for them which includes a very accurate minute by minute timeline.

"Man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north"? Maybe I am having a brain fart, but I don't remember this?

The suspect is not a sane person. Anything is possible and I like to keep an open mind and think outside the box.
So no I'm not joking. I think you have to look at everything regardless of how ridiculous it may appear.

I see people carrying their toy dogs like this all the time, especially homeless. Or it could be a stuffed animal? Maybe he tried to use it as a lure? It looks more like a kitten to me though. The image shows that he certainly has a full coat and I think LE's body weight for the suspect is off by about 40lbs. I would say 160lbs.

The reflections on the hands do point to latex gloves. And that does look like the tip of a gun barrel reflecting light from underneath his shirt.
Another possibility would be a watch face on his right hand. Which would be a clue since most men wear watches on their left. Bare skin would not cause those reflections.

And I'm not sure what to make of the jacket. is it a tear patched with tape? Something is strange on the right upper arm.
You are more outside the box than I am! Which is good. But I certainly agree that something is up with his right sleeve and arm. Possibilities are, it's way too big and the sleeves are really bunched up, or he is carrying something that has been photoshopped by LE like an AR15, holding it in the crook of his arm. Other possibilities? Something does reflect differently at his right wrist. I have never thought it was a watch. I would say it is just his skin as it is similar to his right cheek but it's not quite the same, brighter.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard this statement here in cases, and posted/quoted as such. In other words, you can bet this to be standard in many, many cases, not just SKs. Common terminology from LE.
Thanks. I guess it's also standard to brief head of FBI Comey twice as of 2/23/17 and put up 6000 billboards in 49 states.

You are more outside the box than I am! Which is good. But I certainly agree that something is up with his right sleeve and arm. Possibilities are, it's way too big and the sleeves are really bunched up, or he is carrying something that has been photoshopped by LE like an AR15, holding it in the crook of his arm. Other possibilities? Something does reflect differently at his right wrist. I have never thought it was a watch. I would say it is just his skin as it is similar to his right cheek but it's not quite the same, brighter.
When I wear something over my gortex jacket I get the same effect. Gortex makes some material bunch.

Thanks. I guess it's also standard to brief head of FBI Comey twice as of 2/23/17 and put up 6000 billboards in 49 states.

No, I wouldn't say 6000 billboards is standard...

(My response about it being common terminology by LE re: "protect the integrity of the investigation" was not to discount BG as a possible SK, as I DO think he likely is...just saying we hear this a lot and it is common practice in a variety of types of cases for LE to keep info "close to the vest", not just cases involving SKs. Moo)

So insightful Shiressleuth. When I read that statement by Anna in December my first thought was if LE had any substantial leads now was the time to tell Anna. Whatever the reason, I'm so happy she has hope.

I think they must believe it. Even LE seem to think they just need one more piece of evidence or tip from an acquaintance of BG. If the prosecutor is busy issuing subpoenas in the case then there must be progress IMO.

"Man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north"? Maybe I am having a brain fart, but I don't remember this?
I remember it. He was seen by some family members IIRC when they turned up to look for the girls. I don't have a link but I bet Jax does.

No, I wouldn't say 6000 billboards is standard...

(My response about it being common terminology by LE re: "protect the integrity of the investigation" was not to discount BG as a possible SK, as I DO think he likely is...just saying we hear this a lot and it is common practice in a variety of tyoes of cases, not just SKs. Moo)
i googled and your right. Phrase is said often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside