IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it. He was seen by some family members IIRC when they turned up to look for the girls. I don't have a link but I bet Jax does.

No link from me. I also never heard that.

Does anyone else see the jacket is turned inside out?
At post number 1 there is a link to the Image discussion thread that discussed this IIRC. I agree it looks like it is inside out and wonder what colour the other side is? That would be a disguise in itself - after the crime turn jacket with right side different colour showing. It could even be a reversible jacket. Good point.
:cow:

Different school districts in very close proximity have different days off. My district is off tmrw, yet the district a mile away does not and vice versa. I don't know if what the case was with their day off. : )

Ya’ll are forgetting that this was a UNSCHEDULED day off. This was due to having such a mild winter and having unused “snow days” that were built in the original school calendar .

This had to have been a last minute-ish decision to do by the school corporation..they would have to be comfortable enough to know that we ( Indiana) were going to hit by a late forming storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No link from me. I also never heard that.
No problem I've just remembered it was Gray Huze "Derricks Path" I think. Link to GH channel is in post 1 for those who want a refresh.

It was discussed in thread 80, page 5 onwards.

Ya’ll are forgetting that this was a UNSCHEDULED day off. This was due to having such a mild winter and having unused “snow days” that were built in the original school calendar .

This had to have been a last minute-ish decision to do by the school corporation..they would have to be comfortable enough to know that we ( Indiana) were going to hit by a late forming storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had the Friday and Monday off and it was scheduled therefore at least the week before. I don't know how many unused snow days they had left but the snow melt had begun before the 13th.

It has been reported that a woman was taking pictures at 3:45 pm from the same location the girls were at on the south side of the bridge who said she saw a man and a woman arguing underneath the bridge at that time. The girls disappeared around 2:45pm. I believe it was shortly after that another witness reported seeing the man with the white scarf near the trail intersection to the north. There is an interview with one of the girls fathers who was there looking for them which includes a very accurate minute by minute timeline.

Reported where? Please provide a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember it. He was seen by some family members IIRC when they turned up to look for the girls. I don't have a link but I bet Jax does.

Yes, it was the father and possibly one or two other witnesses. It's in one of the timeline videos that interviewed the father that's probably why it's not easy to google. Search on youtube. Seen on trail north of bridge around 3:00~3:15pm IIRC.

also,
"Bursten (Indiana State Police Sgt. David Bursten) said it’s possible that even more than one person could be behind the killings, but investigators believe the suspect whose image was released last week at least participated in the double murder."
"Authorities have additional video evidence but aren’t releasing it to preserve the integrity of the investigation"
https://nypost.com/2017/02/22/slain-teen-recorded-mans-voice-before-she-was-killed/
Multiple suspects - check

and,
"A sketch authorities released Monday..................... was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.""Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis,.... recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by state police.

Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed."
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and-regional/indiana/update-witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-indiana-teens/article_968b0a4c-bab9-5fdb-9112-d0d0cebf0488.html

Time of crime - Check

A scenario where LE has DNA from the crime scene but can only exclude and not 100% include would be they have only a partial DNA sample. A DNA sample that will not provide a full profile. This could be a solid reason as to why we have not seen a Parabon snapshot. IMO the partial DNA sample from the crime scene was enough to give some physical characteristics; Caucasian, male, reddish brown hair and NOT blue eyes. This is from my knowledge they are only interviewing and gathering DNA swabs from white males. The DNA sample they have from the CS is NOT a female.

What they may not be able to pull from the partial is facial and skull shape features (don’t think about the face) but the captured video stills and witnesses could help fill in these descriptions.

IMO if LE did in fact possess a full profile DNA sample, other video and audio evidence may have been released. Someone will need to provide the correct name of BG in order to solve this case. Social Media, Web Sleuths and online blogs/threads are a hot bed for a rumor that will eventually surface to guide LE in the right direction.

Cell phone tracking data IMO has been provided with no results. IMO BG wasn’t carrying a cell phone and for only one reason.

The Correct Definition
So, in the literature, a “partial DNA match” means a full DNA profile of a suspect that only “matches” in part to a full DNA profiled crime scene DNA sample. As the writer below ctates, that is supposed to lead to a suspect’s “exclusion.”
There are no numbers in the article to enlighten us as to how many loci are necessary for a “partial DNA match” to allow a prosecutor to follow the pathway (a “familial” partial DNA match) to ultimately obtaining a full profile of some relation who is the actual perpetrator.
https://csidds.com/2015/07/09/foren...-dna-match-or-what-are-we-talking-about-here/

What is Snapshot?
Snapshot is a forensic analysis service developed by Parabon that can help law enforcement generate new investigative leads, narrow suspect lists, and help solve human remains cases. Using modern SNP technology, Snapshot generates a composite sketch from a DNA sample — a process known as DNA Phenotyping. A Snapshot composite includes sex, ancestry, pigmentation (skin color, hair color, eye color, freckling), and even face morphology. A statistical confidence measure accompanies each phenotype prediction, and phenotype ranges that can be excluded with ≥90% confidence are also reported.

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com

Thinking about the serial killer aspect: if you prey on kids, you're going to know that you'll find them hanging around around parks, malls, recreation facilities, etc. on days off from school. It would only take a passing mention, maybe something overheard in a cash register line or a coworker requesting a day off because the kids are home, to clue him in that he might be able to find somebody. He could have cruised the location earlier or simply followed people.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks. I guess it's also standard to brief head of FBI Comey twice as of 2/23/17 and put up 6000 billboards in 49 states.
I think Comey was briefed because of MS13 and also cos this was a double murder on the 13th, so he would want to know the details for those reasons IMO. Don't know about billboards.

Same MSM article: “Today, Nations remains a person of interest. State Police have said there isn't enough evidence to include or exclude him as an official suspect.”

This is a newly released article from MSM. Can we talk about DN again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an interview from sometime over the weekend I believe. A quote from the same article clearly indicates they aren’t interested in DN.

"He seemed like the logical person. He looked like him, right?" said Carter. "I feel differently about that now based upon what we know about him."

The writer of the article says he’s still a POI, I’ll go with the direct quote from Carter. IMO

At post number 1 there is a link to the Image discussion thread that discussed this IIRC. I agree it looks like it is inside out and wonder what colour the other side is? That would be a disguise in itself - after the crime turn jacket with right side different colour showing. It could even be a reversible jacket. Good point.
:cow:
Varsity Jackets always snap button. Leather sleeves too. Maybe that's why the sleeves look odd-leather turned inside out.

I think we are unable to see all of the right shoe due to the unevenness of the ties.

Ok. Do you still think it appears to have a platform? If they both did, then it might be an attempt to make himself look taller.

Thinking about the serial killer aspect: if you prey on kids, you're going to know that you'll find them hanging around around parks, malls, recreation facilities, etc. on days off from school. It would only take a passing mention, maybe something overheard in a cash register line or a coworker requesting a day off because the kids are home, to clue him in that he might be able to find somebody. He could have cruised the location earlier or simply followed people.

x2 from me. Early on the vibe I got was BG had been to the trails and bridge, before. The crimes very well may have been planned months or weeks in advance, we had a mild Winter a year ago. My hope was (at the time) someone had seen or interacted with BG, previously.

At any rate, I have to stress that the bridge and trail to it, to include the parking area which is now closed off, are not easy to find. There are no signs. No signs on IN 25, in fact driving south on that road there are no signs for Delphi, at least up to the Freedom Bridge, and I almost missed the exit for that. The only indication I could see for Delphi is the big water tower.

So whoever BG is knows how to get to the bridge. I've tried to focus on that more than just about any other clues about who he is, possible profile, etc. Is he responsible for other murders in fhe last 20 or even 30+ years, in out-of-the-way places? I'm starting to believe so, but it has to be difficult to connect them not only for us lay people but even fhe FBI and ISP with all of their resources.

In past posts I've shared info about the Genesee River Killer. I know people who came across him, either while fishing or when he delivered auto parts during a part-time day gig he had. People described him as odd but friendly, and had no idea he'd killed two children in 1972, and was responsible for most of a string of murders in Rocheater during the time they came across him.

Point being that I'm sure BG has been seen before in possible kill spots, but people may be none the wiser as to why he's really there, because he's fishing, walking a trail, hangjng out by a bridge, etc.I will go out on a limb and say he most likely ventures out to such places alone. Not fhat people alone in the woods or secluded areas is an odd or alarming thing, I do it all the time when weather allows. But something tells me he's been seen, before, in parks, on trails, etc., here in Indiana and in surrounding states.

MOO

Varsity Jackets always snap button. Leather sleeves too. Maybe that's why the sleeves look odd-leather turned inside out.

That would explain the sheen also. But it would appear to me to be more similar to an insulated carhart or dickies turned inside out.
Or else it was just a windbreaker, cheap jacket. I'm looking at mine and one is black inside the other is tan. I lean towards a cheap windbreaker that can be easily wadded up, hidden and disposed of.

edit - when you look at the suspects right arm side, the tape/zipper are where you would expect to see them on a men's jacket, so I don't think it is inside out. I think you would see the outer flap on the left arm side and the inner seal(tape) on the right arm side which is what I think is shown in the image.

x2 from me. Early on the vibe I got was BG had been to the trails and bridge, before. The crimes very well may have been planned months or weeks in advance, we had a mild Winter a year ago. My hope was (at the time) someone had seen or interacted with BG, previously.

At any rate, I have to stress that the bridge and trail to it, to include the parking area which is now closed off, are not easy to find. There are no signs. No signs on IN 25, in fact driving south on that road there are no signs for Delphi, at least up to the Freedom Bridge, and I almost missed the exit for that. The only indication I could see for Delphi is the big water tower.

So whoever BG is knows how to get to the bridge. I've tried to focus on that more than just about any other clues about who he is, possible profile, etc. Is he responsible for other murders in fhe last 20 or even 30+ years, in out-of-the-way places? I'm starting to believe so, but it has to be difficult to connect them not only for us lay people but even fhe FBI and ISP with all of their resources.

In past posts I've shared info about the Genesee River Killer. I know people who came across him, either while fishing or when he delivered auto parts during a part-time day gig he had. People described him as odd but friendly, and had no idea he'd killed two children in 1972, and was responsible for most of a string of murders in Rocheater during the time they came across him.

Point being that I'm sure BG has been seen before in possible kill spots, but people may be none the wiser as to why he's really there, because he's fishing, walking a trail, hangjng out by a bridge, etc.I will go out on a limb and say he most likely ventures out to such places alone. Not fhat people alone in the woods or secluded areas is an odd or alarming thing, I do it all the time when weather allows. But something tells me he's been seen, before, in parks, on trails, etc., here in Indiana and in surrounding states.

MOO
Yes. This, exactly the same vibe I got.

I don't think planned in the sense that he had identified and stalked these particular girls (although that's possible) but in the sense that he knew it was a place where prey could be found and he thought about the lay of the land and how he'd go about it, what his escape routes would be, where were the best places to strike.

I also think he's so innocuous that nobody pays a lot of attention to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members