Gun Control Debate #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has every thing to do with your post. Are you saying that driving a large truck into a crowd of people would kill a great number of them quickly?

I didn't post anything about a truck. But if you insist...yes a large truck driven into a crowd has the potential to kill many.

Yeah, I found the links throughout this thread are pretty helpful in sharing that info. Some are pretty good reads, too. Wisdom from the mouth of babes.

Do you have any idea what kind of gun control changes they want? I don't.

Nope that isn't at all what I posted.

I know it isn't. I'm posting what I feel the anti-gunners should be targeting.

You don't have to agree but if you really want all these guns to go away it's the only way.

then perhaps it is just my state where it is “easier”.

to get a drivers license here you need to prove/provide:

• A valid Social Security number or proof of ineligibility.
  • Legal presence in the U.S.
  • Identity.
  • Michigan residency (at least two documents are required)

Food safety acts/regulations: https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FSMA/

Gun purchases:
At the age of 18 or up, it is legal to buy a pistol with a purchase license from a private seller, at the age of 21, it is legal to buy a firearm from a Federally licensed (FFL) dealer. No purchase license is required to purchase a long gun (a firearm that is more than 26 inches long)

You can still get a license at 16 and maybe even 14 if you are rural?

I'm telling you what I think the anti gunners should do based on what you said.

You seem to think it is anti gun to try to restrict certain weapons.What I posted has nothing to do with being totally anti gun.

It's more difficult to drive a truck onto the third floor of a school, though, tbih. It's a false analogy.

Worldwide, truck attacks didn't kill anywhere near how many people guns killed just in the U.S. in the last year.

Yes these discussions often revert to automobiles.lol

I doubt this guy driving a truck into a school would have killed and injured as many people as he did using his assault rifle.JMO

Yeah, I found the links throughout this thread are pretty helpful in sharing that info. Some are pretty good reads, too. Wisdom from the mouth of babes.
I asked a specific question. I'm really curious about what the kids want. Specifically.

Can you tell me. You apparently have read all of the links so you should have the answer. Thanks.

Nobody's talking about taking all guns away, friend. And, from how I'm reading it, most people in this thread aren't "anti-gunners," to use your colorful parlance. This doesn't seem to be an anti-gunners thread, so ...

Thank you.

(Avoiding this thread with a ten foot pole :floorlaugh: )

It's more difficult to drive a truck onto the third floor of a school, though, tbih. It's a false analogy.

Worldwide, truck attacks didn't kill anywhere near how many people guns killed just in the U.S. in the last year.

Yes that's true, and firearms are more accessible and easier to do a lot more damage than a vehicle if entering a building or other venue.
So the issue is really "why do people want to kill other people?" the way i see it. What brings about the need for that in the first place? We have to root out the problem from it's base. I'm not talking about any self defense issue if the need arises either. But what makes killing so appealable as any type of problem solver? And don't most of these types of attacks involve mental illness in the perpetrators of the violent acts upon others?

You can still get a license at 16 and maybe even 14 if you are rural?

I don’t know about in other states, but here , at age 16 (Level 2)
cannot drive between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. except when: driving to or from or employment; accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or a licensed driver 21 years of age or older designated by the parent or legal guardian. Cannot have more than one passenger under the age of 21.

younger than 16:
[FONT=&quot]A Level 1 licensed driver may only drive with a licensed parent/guardian or designated licensed adult age 21 or older.[/FONT]

Yes these discussions often revert to automobiles.lol

It started out with a comment about automatic weapons that never existed. Funny how people get confused.

Yes that's true, and firearms are more accessible and easier to do a lot more damage than a vehicle if entering a building or other venue.
So the issue is really "why do people want to kill other people?" the way i see it. What brings about the need for that in the first place? We have to root out the problem from it's base. I'm not talking about any self defense issue if the need arises either. But what makes killing so appealable as any type of problem solver? And don't most of these types of attacks involve mental illness in the perpetrators of the violent acts upon others?

Enter? It's run into a crowd

I asked a specific question. I'm really curious about what the kids want. Specifically.

Can you tell me. You apparently have read all of the links so you should have the answer. Thanks.

Please read the links attached ... there are TOS limits to how much of an article we can post

How about a bomb? Can I call that a machine gun? That can kill a bunch of people on the third floor.

Some of you people need to slow down and think before you post. Or are you more concerned with attacking the poster and not the post?

My take is if someone is determined enough to inflict such violence on innocent people they will find a way no matter what they use, IMO.

So do you agree with me that these high school students lack the maturity to understand the nuances of the gun control issue?

I think it is an extremely serious issue that requires a great deal of careful consideration. I don’t think young people under 21 should be denied the right to express an opinion when it has serious implications for them. Surely the young people who have witnessed their teachers and classmates being murdered in front of them should have the opportunity to express how they feel about the issue. I don’t think it would be right to say your not old or mature enough to understand this issue so we have no interest in what you have to say. Perhaps they could recommend safety measures in school that teachers and parents haven’t thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage