Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as a lease was up, it does not take long to rent a new place. Let us assume dad and stepmom lived in an apartment and then moved into a very small home. Even if she had to do it on her own, that would only take a day (2 at the most) to pack up, move and mostly unpack. The only thing she would really have to rely on other people for would be for the heavy stuff which would only be a few things.

Moving with little kids to care for at the same time is hard! She has a baby - not easy to pack and move while also feeding, changing, tending to a baby as well as Lucas. It can be done, but hard to do without some sort of help, even if, like you pointed out, with the heavy lifting.

So....did someone see Lucas during the move? In the new house?

We could be totally off-base with our questions, of course. I just hope LE gets answers soon that lead to finding Lucas.

jmopinion

One thing to think about is that they might have lived in an apt. complex before.....more neighbors in quite a close proximity....harder to hide a crime if something did happen....Just food for thought.

Renting in Wichita is probably very easy too - quite the renter's market in fact. Zillow currently shows 680 rental listings, and they start quite inexpensive.

I agree. I don't want to believe it.

However the circumstances of his disappearance and prior concerns about the stepmother neglecting/abusing him are giving me pause. I do give family more credit than my sleuthing skills. I hope it wasn't her though. It would be such a deeper level of betrayal.

Yes, but when you've been doing this for a long time you can see clues even when it outwardly looks okay. I can't think of a case right now that I didn't see some red flags on social media. Some may not post many pictures but if they just have their social media private that isn't a red flag.

Casey Anthony posted all happy pictures of Caylee and a lot of people cite her as an example of this. However I looked at it and felt she was just her little doll to dress up. When she became difficult she was disposed of.

It's all about perspective I guess.
Exactly!
But dang, I've been wrong before.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One thing to think about is that they might have lived in an apt. complex before.....more neighbors in quite a close proximity....harder to hide a crime if something did happen....Just food for thought.

Maybe FindLucasAllen can clear that up?

In the Daily Mail article, there is a photo collage of Lucas and he looks markedly different to me than in other photos that have been circulating.
The vibe it gives me is worrisome, JMO.

There is no POI named yet, in fact they won't even state that a crime has been committed.
We have been through this many times here.
I'm trying like hell to come up with a good-resolution scenario here, and I just can't.

In the Daily Mail article, there is a photo collage of Lucas and he looks markedly different to me than in other photos that have been circulating.

There is no POI named yet, in fact they won't even state that a crime has been committed.
I'm trying like hell to come up with a good-resolution scenario here, and I just can't.

In what way do you think he looks different?

Parents didn't appear on camera, but did talk to the reporter and gave statements.
It was just on the link posted earlier, so I imagine it will be watchable soon.

The picture of him in the hat and sweatshirt I believe might be the most recent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5410217/Boy-age-five-missing-Wichita-Kansas.html

I have written and done deleted this several times....

The area of the search...the parks and around there....arr close to Wichita State University. There are some nice neighborhood and dangerous neighborhoods. Night time is always worse and most sensible people do not drive around the area at night. During the day, it is still avoided. Just wanted WS to know the areas...please note I said there are good areas too but dangerous areas....gangs and drugs.

Just how bad....LE friends say at night if you are there (when you should have taken a long route to avoid this area), and you hit a red light, slow down, look to make sure there are no cars, which normally there are not (people avoid it), then carefully drive through the red light, don’t stop, don’t dawdle, don’t look around to cause attraction and keep driving.

We have lived in the Wichita area since 1980’s and know what areas to stay out of....thanks to LE and my husband who is retired LE (from a different area). He knows I have no sense of direction so he makes sure I am familiar with bad areas of towns.

When I watched the presser, I felt like LE knew something. Not just because of vague answers but body language.... and media asked some great questions....makes public think and want to ask more questions.

I so pray Lucas will be found soon...

In what way do you think he looks different?

It's so hard to tell in pictures but he looks skinnier and not as happy. He's also wearing a lot more clothes but that could be the weather. Really it could have just been a couple of bad pictures.

His big eyes....

I hate to go there, but....is there a possibility that drugs are involved?

I just happened to remember that Lucas's mom gave me something that his stepmom had given her (if that makes sense) that is in the original mailing box with stepmom's last address on it. I'm obviously not going to share that information, but I can say that it's not super far from the new house. It's not in the same area, but not across town. It's extremely close to a very large park.
Hi- I've been checking on you today while at work. I'm sure it was a tough day. I see you are a VI. That's good. We are happy to help any way we can. Hopefully our forthright approach is not to distressing for you. We deal in facts and sometimes it appears to lack emotion. But you would find most of us in tears at the resolution of situations. Hoping for a positive resolution....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I'm really starting to wonder if he ever lived in this new home...

I was thinking the same thing. Do we know if anyone had seen Lucas this past week> FindLucasAllen said they moved to the home a week ago. I wonder if anyone has seem him within that week between the time they moved and until he went missing.

I thought that as well, about being skinnier.

It made me question the weight. Which obviously is not an important detail. My 8 yo daughter weighs 60 pounds. Yes she’s thin. Yes she eats like a horse. No she’s not deprived of food. 🤣 she is just thin. I’m trying to imagine this little guy, who seems thinner, and probably much shorter weighing 60 pounds.
It's so hard to tell in pictures but he looks skinnier and not as happy. He's also wearing a lot more clothes but that could be the weather. Really it could have just been a couple of bad pictures.

His big eyes....

RSBM

There's one photo next to another -- both are of Lucas-- where his right eye appears bruised.
Possible neglect with those missing and rotten teeth. :(

I hate to go there, but....is there a possibility that drugs are involved?
SABBM

After reading articles... the step mom took a 3 hour nap-- then noticed he was missing !
Was she asleep ? Or maybe drunk ? Or possibly high/passed out ?

After reading some of the cases here at WS -- anything is possible , and FB and other social media are often deceptive portraits of people's lives , sadly.

Hope little Lucas is found soon-- but it doesn't look good.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member