Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“A neighbor, Leigh Burgess, said that another neighbor came to her Saturday evening, saying that the woman who lives in between them was upset because her child was missing. He was helping her to search. Not long afterward, police arrived. They focused on the back yard of the home where Lucas lives. Police also searched her yard, Burgess said.
Two days earlier, on Thursday morning, Burgess saw her new neighbors across the street. A woman and a small child were on their knees, busily clearing out a flower bed. Burgess thought the child looked younger than 5 – Lucas’ age – and thought the child might be a girl. They were gone from the yard before Burgess could introduce herself.”
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200986659.html

I have tried to catch up and may just be confused. If father did not have full custody and traveled for long periods of time for his work, and suspected abuse had been reported why was Lucas not living with bio-mom? Did he normally live with bio-mom and this was just a weekend visit?

This article gives just a smidge more detail about the family members that reported suspicions of abuse.
http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews
Rasmussen only got more concerned after the father and son went to New Mexico. She says she and another relative saw more signs the child was hurt, and another report was filed in that state.*

Makes it sound like dad wasn't father of the year, either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You could try 1157 S Webb Rd, Wichita? JMO

Its not in Grove Park...current location of LE, based on 3:00 presser. Opposite corner...

Why this address?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
42859e255b4ac7f0543a171081968fa1.jpg

I cannot believe I missed the newscast! My dear 60-pound puppy stole a stick of butter and I had to chase him around only for him to gulp the entire thing down. Ugh!
OT but have fun tomorrow. Lol. Keep listening for that rumbly tumbly. :moo:

I cannot believe I missed the newscast! My dear 60-pound puppy stole a stick of butter and I had to chase him around only for him to gulp the entire thing down. Ugh!

Oh no, that doesn't sound like a good outcome. Hope he doesn't get ill.

Been quietly following along. The fact that the dogs didn’t pick up his scent anywhere is really concerning to me. I know they aren’t infallible but no scent at all....man. Hoping and praying for a better outcome than what my brain has come up with. Hard when we have so little facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes! Our (overweight) 12 lb. Boston-Pomeranian ate a 3 lb tub my mom’s of Country Crock fake butter right after the vet had prescribed a diet. She was fine but reluctant to take food off the counter after that.

I’m still stuck on reading that Lucas wasn’t wearing shoes when he went missing.

I’m still stuck on reading that Lucas wasn’t wearing shoes when he went missing.

Yes, and considering he apparently always put them on himself, makes me doubt this timeline entirely.

Its not in Grove Park...current location of LE, based on 3:00 presser. Opposite corner...

Why this address?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
42859e255b4ac7f0543a171081968fa1.jpg
My knowledge of Wichita is nil, but just trying to give an idea of where a previous address for family may be (not current search area). Hope that makes sense! Poster was looking for an address to start searching potential previous call outs to police, etc.

I’m not so concerned he looked thinner in the picture as kids adjust and change, but no way am I buying he weighs 60 lbs. My 7 year old is very small for her age and is only 37 lbs so that’s not a good comparison, but my 10 year old weighs 68 lbs (once again small for her age but we seriously call her the human garbage disposal because she eats a ton—my sister is the biggest female on either side at 5’4”...the rest of us are around 5’0ish, give or take a couple inches either direction) but she looks far bigger than this little guy does. I’m just wondering why they didn’t put a more recent photo of him up with the hair cut and looking thinner?

My almost 6 year old is kind of chunky, 4’ and 61lbs. my 3 year old is nearly as tall as her and 36lbs. Lucas looks a lot closer in size to my son’s build.

She tells me she lost custody of Lucas’ when he was 6 months old. To date, she says she has not seen her son since December of 2017 and hasn’t had regular contact with him in months. She is now pleading for the communities help to find her son.

“Find my son. He’s terrified of water so the fact that the search has moved to a park that’s surrounded by water, terrifies me. Lucas is a sweet boy; please find my son.”

http://ksn.com/2018/02/19/family-of-missing-5-year-old-speak-out/

I think LE is looking for information from someone who has seen him in the days before he was reported missing. Someone other than the two adults he was living with.

The dad's statement is odd to me. Is it to anyone else? The mothers was more real. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK