KS - Man charged in rape of 4 yr old girl at downtown YMCA, Wichita, 29 January 2018

So a different charge, I'm assuming for a different victim? He better stay in jail this time!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am assuming the same, different victim and unfortunately, I do not think this will be the last charge.

Plymouth Learning Center director resigns amid Gaston investigation

The director of Plymouth Learning Center, where 21-year-old Caleb Gaston was once employed, has resigned.

Kris Quilin confirmed his resignation to Eyewitness News Thursday morning.

Gaston was employed with Plymouth Learning Center from April 2017 to October 2017. He was fired after a report of "inappropriate touching." The case was turned over to police.

Quillin says he did everything he should have regarding the incident at PLC and feels bad for hiring Gaston. He said he regrets that he could not protect his school and kids.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Em...-old-at-YMCA-bonds-out-of-jail-472999813.html

Plymouth Learning Center director resigns amid Gaston investigation

The director of Plymouth Learning Center, where 21-year-old Caleb Gaston was once employed, has resigned.

Kris Quilin confirmed his resignation to Eyewitness News Thursday morning.

Gaston was employed with Plymouth Learning Center from April 2017 to October 2017. He was fired after a report of "inappropriate touching." The case was turned over to police.

Quillin says he did everything he should have regarding the incident at PLC and feels bad for hiring Gaston. He said he regrets that he could not protect his school and kids.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Em...-old-at-YMCA-bonds-out-of-jail-472999813.html
I don't think he needed to resign over this. There is no indication Plymouth Learning Center did anything wrong. They ran a background check, called references and fired him and reported it to police and DCF when the inappropriate touching occurred.

$1 million bond set for Caleb Gaston

Eyewitness News has learned the bond for Caleb Gaston has been set at $1 million.

Police arrested Gaston Wednesday night for aggravated indecent liberties with a child. This follows an arrest last Wednesday (Jan. 31) where he was charged with raping a four-year-old girl at the downtown YMCA where he worked in the KidZone.

Wichita police say the latest victim is a three-year-old child and the crime also occurred at the downtown YMCA.

Gaston was out on a $100,000 bond when police arrested him at his home in Derby for the second incident.

Police say they were not alerted about crime but detectives discovered through their investigation. They would not specify if that discovery was made using camera footage taken from the KidZone area.

This latest case is set to be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney on Friday.

Gaston is due back in court next Thursday, Feb. 15 for a preliminary hearing on the first case.

[....]

YMCA: Mother of man accused in child rape no longer employed with organization

[....]

Full statement from the YMCA:

The YMCA is devastated to learn that new allegations have been filed against a former YMCA employee for additional incidents that may have taken place at the Downtown YMCA.

We can confirm that Gaston’s mother, Trish Gaston, is no longer a YMCA employee. We are unable to comment any further on this personnel issue.

Since this is now a police matter, our top priorities at this time and moving forward are to support our current and future YMCA families and cooperate with the Wichita Police Department in their ongoing investigation

We encourage families whose children may have had interactions with Caleb Gaston to visit www.ymcawichita.org/talk for information on talking to your kids about this situation.

If their conversations give them cause for concern, please contact the Wichita Police Department’s Exploited and Missing Children Unit immediately at 316-660-9494.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/YM...ger-employed-with-organization-473434753.html

She wasn't accused of anything was she?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

She wasn't accused of anything was she?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

She wasn't accused that I know of and the statement did not clarify whether she left or was told to leave. I imagine it was not very comfortable to go to work after this so it would not surprise me if she left.

I see on Facebook that Caleb has a much younger little sister, hopefully she's not a victim too.

There is much more detail in the article. :(

Court document released in Wichita YMCA child rape case

A court document says a man accused of raping two young girls at the YMCA in downtown Wichita hit one of the alleged victims in the face and assaulted her in the Kid Zone bathroom.

[....]

An arrest affidavit says a Kid Zone staffer called the victim's mother at 5:32 p.m., saying that the girl has been hit in the head with a ball and wouldn't stop crying. The mother picked up her daughter and took her home.

When the girl later went to use the bathroom at home, she started to cry, the court document says. Her mother noticed some blood on the toilet paper and the girl's underwear. Her mother and father several times asked the girl what happened and if someone had touched her.

[....]

At the time the girl was in the Kid Zone, there were two employees there: a 26-year-old woman and Gaston. Security video appeared to show Gaston twice striking the girl in the face, and the girl began to cry.

[....]

http://www.kake.com/story/37559528/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

A court document says a man accused of raping two young girls at the YMCA in downtown Wichita hit one of the alleged victims in the face and assaulted her in the Kid Zone bathroom.

[....]

An arrest affidavit says a Kid Zone staffer called the victim's mother at 5:32 p.m., saying that the girl has been hit in the head with a ball and wouldn't stop crying. The mother picked up her daughter and took her home.

When the girl later went to use the bathroom at home, she started to cry, the court document says. Her mother noticed some blood on the toilet paper and the girl's underwear. Her mother and father several times asked the girl what happened and if someone had touched her.

[....]

At the time the girl was in the Kid Zone, there were two employees there: a 26-year-old woman and Gaston. Security video appeared to show Gaston twice striking the girl in the face, and the girl began to cry.

http://www.kake.com/story/37559528/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

Terrifying.

[....]

[....]

[....]

Reading on my phone at work getting teared up thinking about those poor little girls and their parents. Absolutely sickening details in that article!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back