OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, back in the day. But did you have a grow op and security cameras, etc? I don't know for sure, but most people now install deadbolts on old houses and trailers , just to protect their TV. Door handle locks are too easy to jimmy,

CR1 also kept a key outside. Not that hard to find a key if you've kept your ears open. Also, if they locked the front door, it's easy enough to go out the back one. Windows in a trailer are a bit more difficult though. It may be that they locked it, drug the bodies to the bedroom, so if someone came up, they'd not just prance right in, or see a body. There were no signs of forced entry at the homes, iirc, either.

I've never thought it was done by a "lone wolf" killer. LE doesn't think so either.

There were at least 2 different types of ammunition used, according to Gary Rhoden's father

It would have been too risky to take on both Chris & Gary Rhoden together. Chris had injuries showing he fought back and was beaten. No way one person could have controlled Gary while fighting with Chris, killing them both

There were too many murders, too many crime scenes for one person to kill all of them without someone fighting back.It would have also been too difficult to get all the killings done, clean up crime scenes, take video cameras, etc. in such a short time frame.

Multiple crime scenes for one person fighting with victims, the killer should have left some DNA evidence behind. LE has not said if any DNA evidence was left behind by the killers, but if so, they should have found a match by now, particularly if they were local.

But hey, there's nothing wrong with putting these theories out there.

They could'a hired someone like him, and he hired someone to help him. He seems to be no stranger to this occupation. Not that he did it, but, I'd not be surprised if it wasn't someone like him, with a trusted ride along.

DS.

I know I'm being a broken record, but this case sticks with me, and I could see it playing out.

From my earlier post:
<snip>

l still go back to all of them having BBL in common, and,it's fairly secluded if one wanted to use it for business dealings. Just bring that forward again too.

rsd1200 I am having difficulty seamlessly bringing the significance of BBL. into the conversation.Perhaps you or Betty P or another poster can help me out.

In my notes I have information but gosh without some background I think it might be a stretch to connect the dots; to this tragedy.

But make no mistake it is pertinent because a number of the Rodes family were or had been employed there at various times.

Plus BBL has no security at its entrance.It offers seclusion for those who have reason to want 'to fly under the radar so to speak' as you pointed out in your post!

In the beginning and I still am digging through my notes there was a link between the owners of BBL and an enterprise that the a member of the Rhodes family were also associated with. I do not say more because darn it I am trying to find my link!

So if someone can help me out whew it would save me a whole lotta digging!

:cow:

I am still digging but this post always stuck in my mind:

Back on thread 11
PCAP post #777
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I can't get the past the fact that all of the crime scenes are connected to BBL via the woods. I think that's how the killer/s travelled. At least to get to the three sites closest to each other. KR is the exception. JMO.
[/FONT][/FONT]
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?307281-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-11/page16

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]This is not the exact link but close enough:
CR sr had a health solutions set up with his physical address but bbl PO Box
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Adams Health Solutions, LLC is not listed anywhere with the BBL PO as far as I know. CR Sr. formed Adams Health Solutions in 2009. He is the agent, and his Union Hill address is listed on the Ohio Secretary of State's website. However, the link below is one example of what pops up if you Google Adams Health Solutions, LLC. A number of business info websites list the address as 100 Grove Street in Peebles. I'm not sure why. [/FONT]http://www.smallbusinessdb.com/adams-health-s...[/FONT]

Finally link to Robin Waddell speaking reguarding having known generations of the Rhodes family:
Twenty miles south of Piketon, Big Bear Lake Family Resort owner Robin Waddell has known the Rhoden family for decades, ever since Christopher Sr. started working at the resort &#8212; building decks or roofs, excavating, whatever needed done.
Waddell would hire the elder Chris Rhoden whenever he needed construction. He was good, Waddell said. He was reliable. He was a friend.

&#8220;It&#8217;s devastating that something like this could happen,&#8221; Waddell said. &#8220;And we don&#8217;t know what happened.&#8221;
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/24/manhunt-mystery-follow-ohio-bloodbath/83469888/

I am still digging but this post always stuck in my mind:

Back on thread 11
PCAP post #777
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I can't get the past the fact that all of the crime scenes are connected to BBL via the woods. I think that's how the killer/s travelled. At least to get to the three sites closest to each other. KR is the exception. JMO.
[/FONT][/FONT]
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?307281-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-11/page16

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]This is not the exact link but close enough:
CR sr had a health solutions set up with his physical address but bbl PO Box
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Adams Health Solutions, LLC is not listed anywhere with the BBL PO as far as I know. CR Sr. formed Adams Health Solutions in 2009. He is the agent, and his Union Hill address is listed on the Ohio Secretary of State's website. However, the link below is one example of what pops up if you Google Adams Health Solutions, LLC. A number of business info websites list the address as 100 Grove Street in Peebles. I'm not sure why. [/FONT]http://www.smallbusinessdb.com/adams-health-s...[/FONT]

Finally link to Robin Waddell speaking reguarding having known generations of the Rhodes family:
Twenty miles south of Piketon, Big Bear Lake Family Resort owner Robin Waddell has known the Rhoden family for decades, ever since Christopher Sr. started working at the resort &#8212; building decks or roofs, excavating, whatever needed done.
Waddell would hire the elder Chris Rhoden whenever he needed construction. He was good, Waddell said. He was reliable. He was a friend.

&#8220;It&#8217;s devastating that something like this could happen,&#8221; Waddell said. &#8220;And we don&#8217;t know what happened.&#8221;
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/24/manhunt-mystery-follow-ohio-bloodbath/83469888/

That Adams County Health Solutions always had me wondering if that would have become a MJ dispensary had the original law passed in Ohio. It never made it past being on paper, did it? Didn't Waddell also have a business where DR was selling cars that CR1 was fixing up to sell? There were several connections to Waddell from differing situations...

Or maybe to keep it safe from legal fees he owed? If it was in a relatives name could they take it for attorney fees?

I'd say he got a court appointed atty. These folks didn't have anything but a little land, that really wasn't worth much. Maybe he sold the property for 10k to the other R., to settle with GSR, and then, that family member held it for him, until the debt could be paid back.

Interesting to read what little of the autopsy reports are there. Very curious that CRsr, GR, KR all showed mildly dilated cardiac ventricles. While this is not unheard of; they all were rather young for this as it is more normal in the more advanced years. Life style can be a factor... high blood pressure, lead exposure, bacteria, COCAINE. I guess in laymans terms they recognize it as your heart "blowing up" when you OD cocaine. That is really dilated cardiac ventricles as a result of cocaine use. Dane did not show cardiac dilation even with her obesity. CRsr was not a healthy guy in my opinion. I did not notice dilated ventricles in any of the other autopsy reports but I may have over looked something.

They may have all had diabetes, or it may just be genetic. Alcoholism can also cause lots of problems like that too. If anyone was doing hard drugs I'd guess it was GR.

That Adams County Health Solutions always had me wondering if that would have become a MJ dispensary had the original law passed in Ohio. It never made it past being on paper, did it? Didn't Waddell also have a business where DR was selling cars that CR1 was fixing up to sell? There were several connections to Waddell from differing situations...

BBM

Yes

The Rs sold some of their cars through Scioto River Trading Company. It was opened in 2013.

BBM

Yes

The Rs sold some of their cars through Scioto River Trading Company. It was opened in 2013.

Thanks to you both!

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]"Ay-ay-ay" BBL is a huge treasure trove of information. I just wish I were smarter so I could connect all the dots.[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks to you both!

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]"Ay-ay-ay" BBL is a huge treasure trove of information. I just wish I were smarter so I could connect all the dots.[/FONT][/FONT]

T R, CR's sr older brother is in charge of maintenance at BBL he has been employed there for some time. I believe maybe 20 yrs, so there has been a connection for some time.

T R, CR's sr older brother is in charge of maintenance at BBL he has been employed there for some time. I believe maybe 20 yrs, so there has been a connection for some time.

This is helpful information that I've seen discussed elsewhere. By any chance, though, do we have some sort of link to verify it? Was there an interview with TR where it was mentioned? I seem to recall one.

It would be really helpful. TIA

This is helpful information that I've seen discussed elsewhere. By any chance, though, do we have some sort of link to verify it? Was there an interview with TR where it was mentioned? I seem to recall one.

It would be really helpful. TIA

There was a interview, that it was talked about, I can&#8217;t place if it was a newspaper or tv.I am inclined to think it was newspaper as I have only seen 1 or 2 pics of T R. It might also of been In The Foothills, the one that The 2 out of towners wrote. T R also lives at BBL it&#8217;s quite interesting who some are in that area.

There was a interview, that it was talked about, I can&#8217;t place if it was a newspaper or tv.I am inclined to think it was newspaper as I have only seen 1 or 2 pics of T R. It might also of been In The Foothills, the one that The 2 out of towners wrote. T R also lives at BBL it&#8217;s quite interesting who some are in that area.

I just updated the Media and Timelines thread with articles about Tony. I only found one that said he was a handyman. Either way, I've never suspected him of being involved in anything. He's worked so closely with LE from day 1. If he were up to anything they would have noticed it. JMO.

ETA: Yes, The Foothills article sounds familiar. I also recall a rather extensive interview with him where he went into a lot of detail about their lives growing up, their dad and his gardening and fruit trees, etc. How hard they worked as kids. Will keep looking.

Here's the article I remember

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/

Thank you for a compliment I really don't deserve. rsd, raison, betty p, Dudley and so many others on here are better resercher's than I. I'm just trying to keep the thread going and discussion rolling. Ask some of the other's on here, I have a lot of question's and Dudley can tell you a lot of "ifs". LOL!!!!!!!

Amauet1 I love your posts! I think you are a better researcher than I am, better than most on here even. I haven't had a lot of time to get on here recently. Maybe things will calm down soon and free up some of my time. But keep digging. There has to be an answer, someone killed these people.

CR jr is mentioned to have multiple scabs and purple scars...newer injuries but not fresh. Could this have been a recent altercation with someone?
CRsr has a long postmortem toxicology list.
GR and KR have the longest toxicology lists.
GR had a different toxicologist from the others.
KR had calluses below his knee caps..very strange. Ground worker?? Tending to young plants??
All my thoughts and opinions.

Yes, I noticed that, too about the toxicology reports. I wonder if they tested for more substances on them? Interesting too about GR having a different toxicologist, though that may have been necessary as there were so many tests to do at once.

KR's calluses might have been from work and/or gardening.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/

Getting by for him sometimes meant growing marijuana on that family land on Left Fork Road where he lived in a camper, said his daughter and namesake Kendra Rhoden.

Like his dad, Kenneth was gifted at gardening and turned to growing and cultivating marijuana to supplement his income and to help her mom, also a nurse&#8217;s aide, in lean times.

bbm

Yes, its in the Death in the Foothills article linked above that Chris Graves wrote for the Cincinnati Enquirer. It said Chris, his brother and Gary all worked there, so assume that's Tony.

Thanks Nickandnora! :tyou:

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]My mom and dad were the first of many generations to leave the farm in NE corner of Mississippi.The Rhodes feel like family to me. Hard working people that would never accept handouts but took care of family.People who tried to go to church,attended family reunions,marked Decoration Day and many more funerals than weddings.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I feel I know everyone in Piketon and the individual that kinda reminds me of Keyser Soze from 'The Usual Suspects' is RW.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I was doing more reading on the BBL and I can't help but feel RW lured these poor families into signing their souls away to feed his enterprises & $ laundering beast. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I'm attempting to work up the courage to read about what kinda stuff he had going in Florida. It will probably take years to to get though the way RW has used the BBL campgrounds to recruit the poor families in Piketon to do his bidding. RW skillfully deflects any detection from his 'businesses' so he smells like a rose.Gosh when I read his recollections of CHsr I thought if this guy didn't already own all the local politicians he could very well be one himself.I do not think I have the stomach to read much more about him tonight.

This is just my opinion(where's my :bodyguard: )and please feel feel to disagree.But be gentle.:scared:

If I don't check back in I'm in :hiding:

[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks Nickandnora! :tyou:

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]My mom and dad were the first of many generations to leave the farm in NE corner of Mississippi.The Rhodes feel like family to me. Hard working people that would never accept handouts but took care of family.People who tried to go to church,attended family reunions,marked Decoration Day and many more funerals than weddings.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I feel I know everyone in Piketon and the individual that kinda reminds me of Keyser Soze from 'The Usual Suspects' is RW.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I was doing more reading on the BBL and I can't help but feel RW lured these poor families into signing their souls away to feed his enterprises & $ laundering beast. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I'm attempting to work up the courage to read about what kinda stuff he had going in Florida. It will probably take years to to get though the way RW has used the BBL campgrounds to recruit the poor families in Piketon to do his bidding. RW skillfully deflects any detection from his 'businesses' so he smells like a rose.Gosh when I read his recollections of CHsr I thought if this guy didn't already own all the local politicians he could very well be one himself.I do not think I have the stomach to read much more about him tonight.

This is just my opinion(where's my :bodyguard: )and please feel feel to disagree.But be gentle.:scared:

If I don't check back in I'm in :hiding:

[/FONT][/FONT]

I mentioned previously that the BBL would be a good place to launder money. Campsites could be listed as rented when they are empty. The amounts may be small but they add up. In other ways, cars can be listed as sold for more than the buyer paid.

&#8203;
I will try my best to dig it up later tonight.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 65CB1ABE-6542-4CFF-B5A4-7484BDBDD5F6.jpg
    65CB1ABE-6542-4CFF-B5A4-7484BDBDD5F6.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors