Found Deceased Or - Sara Gomez, 24, Bend, 19 Feb 2018

Violating the restraining order is nothing compared to that Kidnapping charge. I wonder what evidence they have to warrant that charge?

Violating the restraining order is nothing compared to that Kidnapping charge. I wonder what evidence they have to warrant that charge?

They did not actually charge BP (Bryan Penner) with kidnapping. He is being held on two counts of contempt of court for violating the restraining order. when/if they have to release him, he will go to a neighboring county for another charge (violating parole). My understanding is they are trying to keep him behind bars.

The local LE said that they do not believe there are any other suspects, and they have evidence from BP's home which leads them to believe BP is involved in Sara's disappearance. There were searches all weekend, and searches will be organized for next weekend.
(I live in Bend, so this is very real and very close to home.)

Yes ROs absolutely do still stand even though the person goes willingly. Actually, that is why he is being held in jail right now for contempt of violating the RO (since more severe charges haven't yet been established).

<modsnip>

Hopefully this will make other girls in similar situations to think twice about getting back into a relationship that has been violent in the past.

EITHER party can be charged with violating the restraining order. Sometimes charging the victim with that violation will save their life.

Just wanted to say how very impressed I am by the search efforts, organization, and communication being done by Sara's family and friends. They are giving it their ALL in the effort to find Sara. It's all happening on the Finding Sara facebook page. Daily livestream video updates. The whole community is out in force, with horses, ATVs, dogs, and people.

This case just absolutely breaks my heart. I feel so sorry for this poor girl who only wanted to help the deranged lunatic who did this. To be honest I'm really surprised he hasn't talked. I guess all of those times being arrested he's received lots of advice from lots of defense attorneys. It's good advice for criminals but sucks when it comes to getting justice and answers for Sara's family.

What most saddens me about this case is that it appears everyone in Sara's life knew this guy was a monster. Friends and family tried for years to help her. When she does separate from him and stand up for herself, I imagine everyone breathed a sigh of relief. She was safe. But then she reversed course. So very sad. I believe there are a lot of layers to the story (Why was Penner moving to Portland? Was he really moving, or was it a ruse to lure Sara in? Why did Sara go back to him? What is the evidence in Penner's home which led LE to believe he is involved, and the only person involved, in Sara's disappearance? What evidence has led LE to believe there is more evidence east of Bend?).

Daily hopes and prayers that Sara's family and friends are successful in finding Sara and bringing whoever is responsible to justice.

C.O. businesses help in search efforts for missing Bend woman

-posted March 8th

A group of friends and volunteers met again Thursday at the Alfalfa Market Store as they continue to coordinate and search for clues to where Sara Gomez, 24, of Bend could be, more than two weeks after she disappeared.

[emoji418]snipped by me[emoji418]

Her ex-boyfriend, Bryan Penner, 31, was arrested two days later in a raid on his apartment and held on charges of violating an active restraining order involving Gomez. Police said evidence tied to the disappearance was found at his apartment, and Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel has said prosecutors believe Penner was the only person involved in her disappearance.

More at link-

http://www.ktvz.com/news/co-businesses-help-in-search-efforts-for-missing-bend-woman/713616312

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] BEND, OR -- The former boyfriend of a missing woman was hospitalized Sunday night after an apparent suicide attempt at the Deschutes County Jail. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office says Bryan Penner was found by another inmate, who alerted Corrections staff, at about 8:40 p.m. Deputies and nursing staff provided life-saving efforts, which continued until medics arrived to transport him to St. Charles Bend. His current condition was not available, as of early Monday morning.
[/FONT]
http://kbnd.com/kbnd-news/local-news-feed/352113

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] BEND, OR -- The former boyfriend of a missing woman was hospitalized Sunday night after an apparent suicide attempt at the Deschutes County Jail. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office says Bryan Penner was found by another inmate, who alerted Corrections staff, at about 8:40 p.m. Deputies and nursing staff provided life-saving efforts, which continued until medics arrived to transport him to St. Charles Bend. His current condition was not available, as of early Monday morning.
[/FONT]
http://kbnd.com/kbnd-news/local-news-feed/352113

This kid makes me furious. Mr. Penner...just confess and let LE know where Sara is...then the guilt will be gone and her family can seek justice the proper way.

Penner has died and Sara is presumed dead.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/suspect-in-gomezs-disappearance-attempts-suicide/715095618

&#8220;Unfortunately, as the search for Sara extended from hours, to days, to weeks, it became obvious we are searching for her body and she will not be found alive," the DA said.

"With Penner&#8217;s passing, our chances of quickly finding Sarah plummeted," Hummel said. "I encourage everyone in Deschutes County to report to law enforcement any suspicious tire tracks, earthen mounds, or other potential evidence they might see on their property. Sara&#8217;s family is counting on our community to bring her home.&#8221;

Oh no...no no no. So many bad words I want to scream right now. I was hoping so badly he would survive so that they had hopes of finding Sara. I’ve been following on her Finding Sara FB page and they have been searching for her a ton. Heartbroken for her family and so angry that Penner will never be brought to justice. [emoji20]&#129324;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shouted so loud when I seen that he'd died that my husband dropped his cup of tea he was drinking.
By the sounds of it he has left a suicide note admitting to killing her but the selfish pig hasn't told where he has put her.

I'm so mad right now. Thanks for the update though, I was looking but couldn't find one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back