Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

Just wanted to share a few bits from the parent's interview and thank everyone who searched for the link:

Apparently a relative was sent to Tim's house on Tuesday and found the dog's bowl was empty and found evidence he hadn't been walked for a couple of days.

The parents got to Atlanta Wed. I think they had driven straight through from Maryland and probably talked about Tim the whole way, about how confused Tim seemed with bits of anger in his voice. They found everything there as you've heard reported, except for Tim. Judging from the evidence from the dog, Tim may have been gone two days.

When asked what he would like to say to Tim if he had the opportunity the father said:
Tim we love you. There's no reason why you can't come back home. If there's a certain amt of care or attention you need, come back and we can take care of that.

http://m.wbrc.com/clip/14137186/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

I’m convinced that TC had suffered from depression for a long time. It is possible that he was on medication, stopped taking his medication or his meds were changed.

I highly doubt and find it hard to believe that TC suddenly had a medical crisis/breakdown and everything about it was new news to his family. His father has an extensive military background and I know from personal experience that people in the military transfer the “military attitude” into their home life so I can possibly see his father having the “toughen up“ attitude. Also as I mentioned in thread #1 in African American households mental illness is a taboo topic and it is either ignored while the person suffers in silence or if it is addressed it’s the big family secret that does not go beyond the immediate family. JMO

I’m convinced that TC had suffered from depression for a long time. It is possible that he was on medication, stopped taking his medication or his meds were changed.

I highly doubt and find it hard to believe that TC suddenly had a medical crisis/breakdown and everything about it was new news to his family. His father has an extensive military background and I know from personal experience that people in the military transfer the “military attitude” into their home life so I can possibly see his father having the “toughen up“ attitude. Also as I mentioned in thread #1 in African American households mental illness is a taboo topic and it is either ignored while the person suffers in silence or if it is addressed it’s the big family secret that does not go beyond the immediate family. JMO

I think it’s different for those of us in the field of public health who work every day to lessen the stigma of mental illness. A decent number of us are afflicted but we recognize that and are either open about it and/or get the treatment we need. It’s also a little different for adults who aren’t on their parents’ insurance or depend on them for medical help. Even if TC does have anxiety or depression, it seems like it’s something he talks to his sister about, not so much his parents.

After driving by his home and in the area around it, it is interesting in that in one direction there is a craft brewery with lots of activity and surrounding streets with nice homes but all of this interspersed with vacant homes, abandoned industrial sites and so on.

I wonder if the vacant houses and abandoned sites have been checked? If he wanted to disappear --- or if someone was holding him ---he might be nearby.

I agree with y’all about the neighbor interaction being a big clue. We probably all have the same questions about what’s Tim said to the husband. What was his demeanor? Was anything else said? Did they happen upon each other outside or did he come out because he saw the neighbor and specifically wanted to give that info?

But I’m also curious about why and when they exchanged numbers in the first place. Assuming they’d both lived in those houses for awhile, which I think is the case, was the exchange recent or did it happen a long time ago? Was it for a specific reason or just a “Hey, I should get your number” type deal? (I know I’ve done both — given my number to a neighbor for the first time because I was going out of town and needed them to do something AND just because it’s a good thing to do.) Did they communicate by phone or text prior to his going missing or was the number just on file?

I think the reason for the initial exchange and their history could offer more clues to why he said to delete it.

Wow. Society at-large really needs to hear these words about mental health issues. Thank you, JazzTune. I will remember them, and I will try my best to speak these insights from you, whenever it becomes necessary. I hate that there is still so much shame surrounding mental health illnesses. Again, I thank you.

Thank you again, TTT, for your very caring post! That says far more about you, and your compassion for the mentally ill than anything else.

Unfortunately, any knowledge I've learned has been gained off the backs of those who have struggled so fiercely through their struggles.

The stigma and shame are so undeserved!

I learned the genuine meaning of courage by watching them put one foot in front of the other, day after day in spite of the staggering odds against them. The chronic burden of their illness.

They have given me a deep appreciation of the treasure of a normal, healthy mind and brain.

Any of us with that precious gift have already won the most important lottery!

Thank you again for caring...

I "think" this link will take you to the news report (from Feb 19) you transcribed for us in the previous thread

At approx 1:20 (the reporter states the part about TC being "confused")

http://www.wbrc.com/clip/14137186/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

Thank you so much! Yes, this is the video I was looking for where the reporter states that Timothy's father had spoken about him being confused and having 'bits of anger.'

Thank you again for finding this. Great job! I really appreciate it...

I think it’s different for those of us in the field of public health who work every day to lessen the stigma of mental illness. A decent number of us are afflicted but we recognize that and are either open about it and/or get the treatment we need. It’s also a little different for adults who aren’t on their parents’ insurance or depend on them for medical help. Even if TC does have anxiety or depression, it seems like it’s something he talks to his sister about, not so much his parents.

With all due respect, LoveXinfinity I disagree that IF Timothy has had a sudden mental health crisis, his parents would have been aware of it building up.

Ideally yes. Families should be in the know. But as HelloThere described it so well, because of the stigma of mental health issues, the families are often the last to know.

Not that any of this necessarily applies to Timothy's family. But if it does, it would not be unusual at all.

That was my experience from working with families of the mentally ill. Many were taken completely by surprise when their loved one had a psychotic break or suicide attempt.

The illness may have been building for some time. Even if families do see some odd behavior, they are in major denial and chalk it up to everything else. Stress, poor sleep, not eating right, etc.

( Those factors may be true too. Stress, poor sleep and nutrition, can all be catalysts for triggering a break, but not the specific cause. )

The families are shocked and devastated then when their loved one ends up on our unit. They can't believe it's really happened.

I remember one mother saying to her adult son that she would rather him have cancer than mental illness.

But my heart goes out to every family member too. Because in many ways, they may be right. There's really not much worse that can happen to someone, especially without treatment.

But that's the goal of mental health advocates everywhere. Recognition and treatment of mental illness can switch that negative outlook to the positive.

One of our biggest hurdles though is getting past the unwarranted stigma and shame.

Education and caring by others are the foundation of genuine change.

JMO

I wonder if the vacant houses and abandoned sites have been checked? If he wanted to disappear --- or if someone was holding him ---he might be nearby.
I’ve gotten another friend lined up to help me search again. Will obviously share if anything comes to light. It’s an interesting area because of the varied mix. We also drove through a nearby subdivision which is in early stage of construction, backing up to forested land on 3 sides which has not ever been developed. So many places in walking distance from his home seem to me to be worthy of searching.

I’ve gotten another friend lined up to help me search again. Will obviously share if anything comes to light. It’s an interesting area because of the varied mix. We also drove through a nearby subdivision which is in early stage of construction, backing up to forested land on 3 sides which has not ever been developed. So many places in walking distance from his home seem to me to be worthy of searching.

You are wonderful! It's so kind of you to do this. I'm glad a friend is going with you~be safe.

I can't find those prior interviews either. I posted on Feb. 24th ( # 78 in the first thread ) quoting a link to a video interview of Timothy's father. In that post I transcribed his words to the best of my understanding. When I click on that link now, it is only an update. The original story and video are no longer there. Since it was in the prior thread I can't bring that post over here. If you do want to know what Timothy's father said, his words are in my post there.As for why his father thought Timothy might be confused or angry, he did not speculate.As I said, his words were the main reason I became so concerned about Timothy being in the midst of a mental health crisis...JMO
Just catching up and decided to repost this here. I’m on my iPad I unfortunately don’t know how to put it in the quote box thing. But thank you for transcribing, JazzTune!

Posted
by JazzTune 2/24/l8 Post #78 Thread #1 :https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Chamblee-12-Feb-2018&p=13951443#post13951443

http://www.wbrc.com/story/37529772/p...g-cdc-employee

“The father speaks in the video from this link, and I have transcribed his words and the reporter's below to the best of my understanding.
The reporter states: "... We asked the father over the weekend in the case that Timothy is listening this morning what he would say to him, and this is what he had to say.""Tim, we love you. There's no reason why you can't come back home. If there is a certain amount of care or attention that you need, come back and we can take care of that."The reporter then states: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice”. “

“The father speaks in the video from this link, and I have transcribed his words and the reporter's below to the best of my understanding.
The reporter states: "... We asked the father over the weekend in the case that Timothy is listening this morning what he would say to him, and this is what he had to say.""Tim, we love you. There's no reason why you can't come back home. If there is a certain amount of care or attention that you need, come back and we can take care of that."The reporter then states: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice”. “[/QUOTE]

Others probably mentioned this earlier.. I wonder if he could be suffering from a medical condition in his brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly feel that either the neighbor made it up or the context is more rather that Tim and his neighbors had issues come up...so take tell her to take my number out....otherwise even the dumbest of bulbs would ask why Tim? Judge Judy always says if it doesn't make sense...it's not true....

I honestly feel that either the neighbor made it up or the context is more rather that Tim and his neighbors had issues come up...so take tell her to take my number out....otherwise even the dumbest of bulbs would ask why Tim? Judge Judy always says if it doesn't make sense...it's not true....

Can LE tell if a contact was deleted from a phone?

Just catching up and decided to repost this here. I’m on my iPad I unfortunately don’t know how to put it in the quote box thing. But thank you for transcribing, JazzTune!

Posted
by JazzTune 2/24/l8 Post #78 Thread #1 :https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Chamblee-12-Feb-2018&p=13951443#post13951443

http://www.wbrc.com/story/37529772/p...g-cdc-employee

The reporter states: "... We asked the father over the weekend in the case that Timothy is listening this morning what he would say to him, and this is what he had to say.""Tim, we love you. There's no reason why you can't come back home. If there is a certain amount of care or attention that you need, come back and we can take care of that."The reporter then states: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice”. “

This is another time when a little elaboration would help so much. Confused about what to do with a personal or work issue? Or confused, as in not making sense or out of touch with reality? The key information is omitted.

Do we know that the neighbor didn't ask why ? And, I would wonder why the reporter didn't ask the neighbor about the context ?

I am sure either the phone carrier could or a tech person could. There are only 3 reasons I can come up with why Tim asked the neighbor to take his number out....and why would the wife have his number and not the husband........

I am sure either the phone carrier could or a tech person could. There are only 3 reasons I can come up with why Tim asked the neighbor to take his number out....and why would the wife have his number and not the husband........

I thought it was interesting that the neighbors proactively offered this information to the media.

I don’t know where in Chamblee you were but Chamblee is not very wooded, especially where the CDC campus is. One side is Buford highway and the other side is an airport.

Also, almost all the interviews with the parents were done on the same day. They must have been exhausted, and I would not be surprised if they had been given something by a doctor to help with their anxiety.

I need to clarify. There are parts of chamblee that are very dense.

I recall reading, only once, very early on, that one or more family members, local to Atlanta, went by Tim's house ( I think before his parents got there ). And the family member(s) had a key to Tim's house .

Yes I read this, all they indicated was that the relative was related to the mother. I find that odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back