Gun Control Debate #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/world-tribune/
312a1450358c25c28ce2a41c07384afa.jpg

Thank you.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

The comparison is only to point out how rare school shootings actually are, when many people seem to feel that a person is more likely to be shot at school on any given day than not shot.

Comparing the two is helpful, at least to me, to know that my two daughters are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be shot at school.

Still I would like to see schools made safer, in any way possible.

rbbm

I agree with you and understand why you posted it and thanks for the link.

How difficult would it be to ignore obvious troll, baiting, right-fighting posts, flag them, and then move on with civil discourse?

Asking for a friend.

Not directed at any particular colleague on this wonderful thread or forum.

[emoji631][emoji854]❤️[emoji120]🤯[emoji89][emoji90]

interesting link. They show CNN as far left as they show Worldtribune far right. By the posted link I would say they are as reliable as CNN.
ETA: CNN is only rated mixed on factual reporting. Hmmmmmm.

Except the piece they quoted came from the extreme right Breitbart.

Except the piece they quoted came from the extreme right Breitbart.
Yet the paper that reported it is listed as high on factual reporting. Which I would take to mean they fact checked the information from Breitbart.

Yet the paper that reported it is listed as high on factual reporting. Which I would take to mean they fact checked the information from Breitbart.

But it was not facts, even though they called it facts. It was an opinion piece. Someone from Breitbart's opinion.

The comparison is only to point out how rare school shootings actually are, when many people seem to feel that a person is more likely to be shot at school on any given day than not shot.

Comparing the two is helpful, at least to me, to know that my two daughters are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be shot at school.

Still I would like to see schools made safer, in any way possible.

Safer in any way possible as long as it doesn't involve removing weapons that shoot rapid fire bullets?

Mass shootings at schools are actually extremely uncommon here in the United States. A person probably has a higher chance of being killed by lightning.

You are grasping at straws. More people were killed in the Las Vegas gun massacre, then are killed each year by lightning strikes. That is more people killed at one time, in one place then are killed in an entire year in the US by lightning. So your analogy fails.

As others have pointed out, lightning deaths are not very preventable. Gun deaths are preventable.

But it was not facts, even though they called it facts. It was an opinion piece. Someone from Breitbart's opinion.

There are opinion pieces posted throughout these threads from left leaning media with mixed factual reporting, yet no one says a word. When someone posts a right leaning link some are quick to call it out, repeatedly.

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with tolerance or lack of tolerance when you see an opposing viewpoint. IMO

There are opinion pieces posted throughout these threads from left leaning media with mixed factual reporting, yet no one says a word. When someone posts a right leaning link some are quick to call it out, repeatedly.

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with tolerance or lack of tolerance when you see and opposing viewpoint. IMO

Sorry but calling Breitbarts "right leaning" is like calling the pope "catholic leaning". Breitbarts is the go to site for the alt-right bully boys of this world.

could you please link me to the original Breitbart article so that I can see if it was written as a factual or opinion piece.

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with tolerance or lack of tolerance when you see an opposing viewpoint. IMO

I have seen CNN articles called far left wing. I have seen Michael Moore called names, so I suggest that is not true.

could you please link me to the original Breitbart article so that I can see if it was written as a factual or opinion piece.

It says in the article that it was quoting a Breitbart writer.

You are grasping at straws. More people were killed in the Las Vegas gun massacre, then are killed each year by lightning strikes. That is more people killed at one time, in one place then are killed in an entire year in the US by lightning. So your analogy fails.

As others have pointed out, lightning deaths are not very preventable. Gun deaths are preventable.

I thought we were talking about school shootings. The Las Vegas shooting I won't discuss as we haven't yet been told what really happened. It's been nothing but a big cover up by the Las Vegas Police Department, the FBI, and the owners of the Mandalay Bay hotel.

But anyway, you say gun deaths are preventable? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53