TX - Austin Package Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was baffled by APD's quick declaration that the package isn't connected to the others, but then I wondered if this is a tactic. Is the bomber the kind of person who'd be outraged by not getting credit for his work? Might this draw him out in some way in order to get the credit he thinks he deserves? Otherwise, I'm struggling to understand why the APD would so quickly announce publicly that they don't believe this package is connected.

ETA: I saw too late that JennaPuppy raised this point in the previous page. Great minds think alike? :laughing:

Definition of incendiary device from Wikipedia:

Incendiary weapons, incendiary devices or incendiary bombs are weapons designed to start fires or destroy sensitive equipment using fire (and sometimes used as anti-personnel weaponry), that use materials such as napalm, thermite, magnesium powder, chlorine trifluoride, or white phosphorus. Though colloquially often known as bombs, they are not explosives but in fact are designed to slow the process of chemical reactions and use ignition rather than detonation to start and or maintain the reaction. Napalm for example, is petroleum especially thickened with certain chemicals into a 'gel' to slow, but not stop, combustion, releasing energy over a longer time than an explosive device. In the case of napalm, the gel adheres to surfaces and resists suppression.

I think this is worse more pure terrorist like as opposed to a mad bomber

look at the names of the stuff

imo a heck of a lot different than a bunch of nails

why they are minimizing it is strange to me

war skill set sounds different than a mad bomber

imo

Trump now on Austin is great

And I feel like an incendiary device is much scarier than a package bomb.

I was baffled by APD's quick declaration that the package isn't connected to the others, but then I wondered if this is a tactic. Is the bomber the kind of person who'd be outraged by not getting credit for his work? Might this draw him out in some way in order to get the credit he thinks he deserves? Otherwise, I'm struggling to understand why the APD would so quickly announce publicly that they don't believe this package is connected.

totally with you

napalm compared to nails ?? Come on now

Perhaps LE is trying to lure the bomber into making some kind of statement taking credit for it.

Sounds possible to me. Or the opposite. They don’t want the public to panic? Maybe both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking on LE saying this last incident is not related and the device was incendiary and not a bomb: they are saying that to calm frazzled nerves. It reminds me of something Condelizza Rice said on a documentary about 9/11: "after the Trade Centers collapsing, the Pentagon being hit and finally Flight 93 going down I don't think we could have handled one more incident as a nation, we reached a state of full emotional saturation, I firmly believe if there was just one more attack we would have gone over the so-called 'edge'"

It could very well as a way to draw him or her out.

An incendiary device is ignited by an explosive charge. If someone was just picking up a box and it had an incendiary device in it, it wouldn't ignite without the explosive charge.

Austin Police Dept
‏
Verified account

@Austin_Police
2m2 minutes ago
More
Austin Police PIO is at the media staging point at 3701 W. Slaughter Lane. -PIO3

This person has practice with a variety of incendiary devices. He is a bomb making enthusiast. He may live around Austin, but may not come from there. Hope that clues in some family members. He is probably of adult age, so his parents might be older.

I feel it is related. He is trying new things. I don't think LE have really ruled out it being related, rather they are trying to get the person responsible to communicate with them.

me too if the order was opposite it might make some sense (incedary compared to nails yeh could be kids playing around )

look at the list of what encedaries are

i would think napalm is harder to locate than nails and bolts

its crazy reporting imo

just because the word serial BOMBER is used

we have not heard from LE so lets see

i really dont think they are gonna act like this is better for lack of a better word

or maybe two people not connected this one and trip wire same person and the others the other person

trip wire and napalm sound like war stuff

nails not so much

moo

And I feel like an incendiary device is much scarier than a package bomb.

I agree it is just as scary.

I am not sure why LE would try to minimize it if they are now saying it is an incendiary device. That is still horrible and it still could be the same guy IMO.

Surely they cannot make the call yet that the same person did not put that somewhere.

Plus we heard reports of an injured employee going to the hospital when they were looking through the drop box implying that is how they got injured.

I know it is hard to get accurate information this quick but I would surely not want LE to downgrade anything until they know for sure.

Its pure madness now and the bomber has succeeded in causing huge disruption to peoples lives no matter if he was reponsible for this last device or not. Its just unbelievable at this point.

My thinking on LE saying this last incident is not related and the device was incendiary and not a bomb: they are saying that to calm frazzled nerves. It reminds me of something Condelizza Rice said on a documentary about 9/11: "after the Trade Centers collapsing, the Pentagon being hit and finally Flight 93 going down I don't think we could have handled one more incident as a nation, we reached a state of full emotional saturation, I firmly believe if there was just one more attack we would have gone over the so-called 'edge'"

It being on the same road as the #5 & #6 this morning were dropped off at and processed on, makes it even more suspicious.

He is experimenting now, but what is he leading up to?

FedEx has been in the political spotlight lately.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/375676-fedex-wont-cut-ties-with-nra?amp

“FedEx announced Monday it will not cut ties with the National Rifle Association (NRA), despite pressure to do so after a mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The shipping giant added that it still opposes civilian access to assault weapons.

"FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused. We therefore support restricting them to the military," the company said in a statement.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so scary. I really am frightened for the people of Austin.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but at some point in the last year I wrote down all the dates of the big/major ISIS terror attacks. Compared the dates to a passage in the Quran, and figured the next one would be 3/22/2018, this Thursday. And now this in Austin. I hope I'm wrong, but I've had this note in my phone calendar for probably a year or so now. I even posted it on websleuths somewhere, I'm gonna go search thru my posts now. But I am seriously freaked out by all this!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members