NC - Faith Bevan, 24, Found Dead on Roadside, Raleigh, 18 Mar 2018

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Link

"Bevan's body was found in a ditch off Caddy Road about 10 a.m. Sunday by a neighbor who was headed to work."

"Authorities say the woman was found partially clothed."

"Deputies are calling this a murder"

"Did someone see her Saturday evening, Saturday night or Sunday morning. Who was she with the last time, if someone saw her? She was a person. She was a mother. She was someone's child."

Photos are stills from video at link above.

Faith's facebook
6378e4fd7c32164e3e619f52920ea749.jpg
a28f0f3e6f687c6ca6816720673ce286.jpg

Wow. I hope they find her killer soon. May she Rest in paradise.

She just updated her Facebook profile page 2 days ago. Very sad. Her daughter looks just like her.

Sad to see her and I have a mutual friend on facebook.
RIP Faith 🥀

Sad to see her and I have a mutual friend on facebook.
RIP Faith ��

They say she lives 10 miles from where she was found.

So the killer couldn't be gone too long and was forced to leave her not far from home.

So I'm thinking the killer is really trying to establish a alibi. Since he didn't go too far to dump her body.

So let's look at the perp who acts like they only went to the store for 20 minutes and came right back home.

She has a history of drug-related arrests, the most recent being 12/2017. Sheriff said there were no 'obvious' signs of trauma. Wondering if she didn't OD, person she was with panicked and dumped her.

What I’ve learned from watching numerous crime shows is a killer will often try to put themselves in the middle of an investigation and act like they want to try to help. By doing that they can gain more information as to what investigators now and they get off on eluding police. The police need to be looking into her Facebook her family’s Facebook and any sites such as this. After the other comment I read the drugs were already on my mind. I would never want to speak bad about the deceased but who’s to say she may not have been meeting up with guys in order to get money to get drugs the truth will come out it always does

If that's the case I wonder why she was found partially clothed then?

She was arrested for DWI which means driving while impaired (alcohol). A DUI means driving under the influence (drugs). She was NOT arrested on drug related charges. This girl does not look like a junkie in anyway. Smh
You people should get your facts straight before you start bashing someone who has passed and can’t defend themselves.

She was arrested for DWI which means driving while impaired (alcohol). A DUI means driving under the influence (drugs). She was NOT arrested on drug related charges. This girl does not look like a junkie in anyway. Smh
You people should get your facts straight before you start bashing someone who has passed and can’t defend themselves.
Why is one better than the other?

There is a person of interest in the case but no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made. On Wednesday, March 21st, 2018, two warrants were issued for the email and cell phone of a man whose vehicle Bevan was seen getting into the day/hours before her body was found on Sunday morning, March 18th. Apparently the data on the phone had been deleted so detectives have accessed the person's iCloud. Bevan and the unidentified man had been exchanging messages throughout the day Saturday, which is believed to be the day she died.

According to family members, Bevan's mother and sister, with whom she shopped earlier Saturday before her body was found Sunday, she was planning to see friends Saturday night and was excited about it.

A COD has not been released however she was found with her "shirt pulled up and the back waist of her jeans pulled down."

This is the most comprehensive article I have personally found from the local newspaper in Raleigh, NC: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206210164.html

It seems like the issue isn't which is better bit rather which is true.
Also vodka can be bought at the store. Heroin or whatever can't. So it's not like one can assume she was meeting up with a vodka dealer and things went South.

Kind of OT, but in CO, driving under alcohol or drugs are all DUI. We have no DWI. We used to have DWAI (driving under a .1 BAC, and DUI, driving over a .1). Now a DUI is anything over a .08 and/or under the influence of drugs.

ETA: Looks like NC has driving under drugs and/or alcohol all under the DWI charge, they just don't call it DUI like here in CO.

She was also arrested for felony possession of a schedule 1 controlled substance late last year. This whole thing makes me sad as I kind of wish she was referred out to treatment, but then again I've dragged my friends to treatment once or twice and that didn't really help anything.

Junkies are people like myself. I was a garbage pail user, I'd use anything. Do I look like a junkie? Probably not. I've met crack addicted lawyers and alcoholic judges, so you never really can tell easily by looking.

If I was to turn up dead, the most likely scenario is that I relapsed, so I don't see it as judging, but relapses do happen, and then you're back in the same cycle that you were before, if not worse. I hope they find who she was with soon.

There is a person of interest in the case but no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made. On Wednesday, March 21st, 2018, two warrants were issued for the email and cell phone of a man whose vehicle Bevan was seen getting into the day/hours before her body was found on Sunday morning, March 18th. Apparently the data on the phone had been deleted so detectives have accessed the person's iCloud. Bevan and the unidentified man had been exchanging messages throughout the day Saturday, which is believed to be the day she died.

According to family members, Bevan's mother and sister, with whom she shopped earlier Saturday before her body was found Sunday, she was planning to see friends Saturday night and was excited about it.

A COD has not been released however she was found with her "shirt pulled up and the back waist of her jeans pulled down."

This is the most comprehensive article I have personally found from the local newspaper in Raleigh, NC: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206210164.html

Any poi updates?

Since rape wasn't mentioned; I wonder if he positioned her clothing to make it look like that?

Or he dragged her by the shirt and her pants were falling off. Idk.

All I know is that I haven't heard of this being a sex crime as of yet? And Iam atleast more content if the case is not rape related. Jmo

No updates yet.

Her clothing could have been positioned in that way to make it appear like a sex crime or the authorities are not releasing quite a few details.

It doesn't appear that she had been dragged, at least at the site she was found. A memorial was set up and several news videos reported from the scene. There appeared to be no evidence of a struggle. Also, no evidence of a struggle has been mentioned with regard to how she looked when found, but again, that could just be held out of the news for now. IMO she was murdered elsewhere and dumped at that site. Poor planning though because there are houses near the location.

I'm just really hoping that they have someone and are actively investigating and that this case isn't going cold.

The autopsy revealed that Faith Bevans had several narcotics in her system at the time of her death. These included fentanyl, gabapentin, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, and alcohol. It is ruled as an accidental overdose. Questions still remain as to how she ended up in a ditch either by falling in herself or being placed/pushed out there. The investigation into her cell phone revealed two contacts who pinged off of a nearby cell tower around the time of her death. The investigation is still open.

Garner mom Faith Bevan died of overdose, autopsy finds

RALEIGH

A state medical examiner determined that Faith Chere Bevan of Garner overdosed on a deadly mix of hard drugs and alcohol.

An autopsy report made public Thursday stated that the 24-year-old woman died of alcohol and drug poisoning, including from powerful opioids such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl and morphine.

Bevan was the second-youngest of four children. She grew up in Garner and graduated from Middle Creek High School in 2012. She was the mother of a daughter, Mylah, who turned 6 in May.

Sheriff’s deputies found an uncapped syringe near Bevan’s body in the grassy ditch where her body was found.

Article continues at link.

"A witness told the investigators that they saw Bevan getting into the vehicle of a Raleigh man hours before her body was found. The man later confirmed that he had spent time with Bevan before her death and had exchanged phone messages with her the day before her body was found, according to the search warrants." Article also states the man is a POI, but he is not named.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back