CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but Waldorf schools focus on creativity and preparing the students for formal learning. They can range from pre-k through middle school but the vast majority of them are pre-k through elementary. It’s not even available for children over the age of 14 anywhere that I’ve seen.

7463db549257f19218c33f9084c4befe.jpg

All of my kids are homeschooled. We register with the local school board’s homeschool coordinator and have yearly state testing or evaluation by a licensed teacher or evaluator. Some of their schoolwork is online and some is workbook/textbook based. Once they’re in middle school they have more say in the curriculum and what elective classes they do. They all have extracurriculars of their choice and friends through those, our neighborhood and various homeschool groups. Our oldest is almost 18, has been working the same job and saving a lot of his money for 16mo with an offer of a management position when he turns 18 and solid plans to move out this summer and start work on his Associate’s degree in the fall.

Job applications are now almost exclusively online and there are very few jobs now that don’t require at least some use of technology.

In our experience with public school through 8th grade there was very little by way of real life anything. My son decided to take the “life skills” class and the most relevant thing they did was learn to microwave food. The school district had decided some years ago that ovens and sewing needles were too dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many Waldorf high schools with successful, and even some famous graduates.

The Hart's are friends with many of my friends. I just wanted to say that the media is really putting them through the ringer here. They are NOTHING like the Turpin's. Many of my friends have taken to facebook to tell their stories of the family and all the stories have been beautiful. Please remember that you do not have the whole story. I'm absolutely appalled that they are being compared to the Turpins.

My heart goes out to all of the people who considered the Hart tribe an inspiration.

I think it is somewhat clear that pieces of the story of the Hart family are missing. But it isn't clear, yet, to me, what those missing pieces are going to add up to.

Consider the case of Dee Dee Blanchard. Appearances can be deceiving.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dee_Dee_Blanchard

Anything is possible but I believe CPS coming around got the women very upset, maybe one was blaming the other and vice versa, along with being angry at the kids got the ball rolling. Perhaps it started as a let’s get out of here go for a drive and cool off but arguing and blaming continued on the road and got out of control so the driver decided to pull over stopped, while engine running something was said that enraged her and in the heat of the moment she accelerated and down they went. Maybe this wasn’t planned at all but last minute decision done out of anger.

Probably CPS was the impetus. There is no doubt that there would be some kind of investigation. And usually when abuse is discovered, it is much worse than anyone guessed.

They left on a long drive and left animals at the house with no one to care for them. That does not sound like they were planning on coming back.

It could be that the kids were unbelted so that they would fly out and any abuse would not be able to be identified.

Why the adults belted in is beyond me, Did they think that they could survive,?

Sure, but Waldorf schools focus on creativity and preparing the students for formal learning. They can range from pre-k through middle school but the vast majority of them are pre-k through elementary. It’s not even available for children over the age of 14 anywhere that I’ve seen.

7463db549257f19218c33f9084c4befe.jpg

All of my kids are homeschooled. We register with the local school board’s homeschool coordinator and have yearly state testing or evaluation by a licensed teacher or evaluator. Some of their schoolwork is online and some is workbook/textbook based. Once they’re in middle school they have more say in the curriculum and what elective classes they do. They all have extracurriculars of their choice and friends through those, our neighborhood and various homeschool groups. Our oldest is almost 18, has been working the same job and saving a lot of his money for 16mo with an offer of a management position when he turns 18 and solid plans to move out this summer and start work on his Associate’s degree in the fall.

Job applications are now almost exclusively online and there are very few jobs now that don’t require at least some use of technology.

In our experience with public school through 8th grade there was very little by way of real life anything. My son decided to take the “life skills” class and the most relevant thing they did was learn to microwave food. The school district had decided some years ago that ovens and sewing needles were too dangerous.

While there are elementary only Waldorf schools, they are plenty that go all the way through highschool.

The Hart's are friends with many of my friends. I just wanted to say that the media is really putting them through the ringer here. They are NOTHING like the Turpin's. Many of my friends have taken to facebook to tell their stories of the family and all the stories have been beautiful. Please remember that you do not have the whole story. I'm absolutely appalled that they are being compared to the Turpins.

I don’t see them as anything like the Turnips, either, but I’m not as appalled from a beautiful, clean home as I am at a home full of trash and poo.
I used the Turpins only as an example of how easy it is to skirt the laws when it comes to homeschooling.

I wish we had more information regarding the seat positions. It occurred to me that, if the decision was made in the middle of the night, the adults may have flattened the seat backs to turn the cargo area into a large sleeping area and all of the children were asleep in the back when they went over the cliff.

The back row is completely removable or folds forward and the middle row folds forward too. The space between the third row and the back hatch is a matter of inches.
c3449897658148c68f21efe87c0de677.jpg

You are right they shouldn't be compared to the Turpin's.The Turpin's didn't MURDER their kids.

For some who are wondering how kids can be off the radar of authorities with regard to schooling and services, a common situation by reclusive religious fundamentalists is to have a home birth, attended by a church-based lay traditional midwife, or a mainstream traditional midwife (nurse midwives do not do planned home births in their official role due to insurance and licensing issues).

Traditional midwife is "supposed" to register the birth. Traditional midwife fills out forms and places in the mailbox of the family where the child was born. Wink wink. Family goes out to mailbox and removes the paperwork before the mail is picked up. Voila! The midwife did her job by "doing" the paperwork and placing it in the mailbox. The family has the desired outcome of a child with no birth certificate or social security number.

Moving from place to place with kids who already have birth certificates and social security numbers, and not registering the kids for homeschool or traditional school in the new location, can accomplish the same objective. No record of the kids in the school district. If they do not apply for any services (like medical insurance or social services, SNAP, etc), then there is no record of the kids at all. They are invisible. Until there is a police call, or social services complaint.
Yes I believe all the children of the Blessed Little Homestead blog family were born off the radar with no birth certificates and have been "unschooled".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

For some who are wondering how kids can be off the radar of authorities with regard to schooling and services, a common situation by reclusive religious fundamentalists is to have a home birth, attended by a church-based lay traditional midwife, or a mainstream traditional midwife (nurse midwives do not do planned home births in their official role due to insurance and licensing issues).

Traditional midwife is "supposed" to register the birth. Traditional midwife fills out forms and places in the mailbox of the family where the child was born. Wink wink. Family goes out to mailbox and removes the paperwork before the mail is picked up. Voila! The midwife did her job by "doing" the paperwork and placing it in the mailbox. The family has the desired outcome of a child with no birth certificate or social security number.

Moving from place to place with kids who already have birth certificates and social security numbers, and not registering the kids for homeschool or traditional school in the new location, can accomplish the same objective. No record of the kids in the school district. If they do not apply for any services (like medical insurance or social services, SNAP, etc), then there is no record of the kids at all. They are invisible. Until there is a police call, or social services complaint.

My midwife did register my child correctly, as have people I know personally who have had unassisted births, whilst my hospital birthed first child’s paperwork was put through with the wrong gender and it was a boat load of work and notarized affidavits for us to get the birth certificate corrected and while we were able to get his SSN quickly it took years of back and forth to get his actual card.

I’ve also seen the sovereign citizen types birth in the hospital and refuse to fill out the birth certificate paperwork. I think it’s appalling because these kids will have a massive fight to get the paperwork retroactively when they are adults just so that they can drive, go to college or get a job or living space.

The affidavit notes that police were alerted to the crash on March 26, just before 4 p.m. PST (7 p.m. ET), after a German tourist contacted authorities and reported a brown vehicle on its roof down an embankment, according to the affidavit.

Almost two hours later, according to the report, California Highway Patrol officers arrived on scene and located Sarah Hart trapped between the roof and the rear seats of the family's GMC Yukon. Jennifer Hart was still located in the driver's seat, with the speedometer "pinned" at 90 mph.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ornia-cliff-plunge-clues-about-motive-n862111

New article with different information, just reported in the last hour. Not sure how Sarah was seat belted in, given this latest piece of info from the sheriff's office.

http://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...3219576?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

View attachment 132337

Now I want to go measure the distances between the seat backs, headrests and roof. Sarah seemed to be a pretty thin lady from the bday video but I could see getting wedged between the headrest and the backend.

It must be devastating for you and your friends to learn that this family may not have been as it appeared to be. My heart breaks for the Turpin sibling's, but at least they have an opportunity to live their lives.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...erred-by-department-of-human-services-report/

"It now appears that social services agencies fielded reports about the Hart family in the last three states where they lived"

Do you have a link to their FB?

I don’t know how to say this without sounding snarky, but where I live which is an exotic location, there are three women that I know that post their fake lives on FB. And since a lot of tourists come here, they meet these women and believe their BS stories.

I could go into depth on the absurdity of it. We who live here know the truth.

How well do these people know the Hart’s? It is hard to believe with all of their moving around that anyone has any actual real life friendship.

Aside from the reality I have which I cannot post and can ony be accepted or rejected by people reading this, we have seen cases on WS where people present a lovely life and it turns out they are horrors.

Like the husband of Dr. Theresa Seivers. So loving and kind and so in tune with the universe. Instead we find out what kind of person he was .

Not a fan of quoting myself but...

Now I want to go measure the distances between the seat backs, headrests and roof. Sarah seemed to be a pretty thin lady from the bday video but I could see getting wedged between the headrest and the backend.

10” from top of seat backs to hatch, 9” from headrest to roof and 12” from seat back to roof and 18.5” between the two headrests.

ETA IMO there is not enough room between the second row and the roof (even if crumpled some) for the entire front seat to get through.

It's a tough spot to be in for sure, but I tend to lean towards facts and err on taking the side of the child/children in cases like these. A few years ago I was following a case on here from my hometown about a kidnapping. Got a call from my mom a couple days later saying "That was your cousin who kidnapped the child". Love this cousin and grew up with her. Facts showed without a doubt that no matter what kind of person I thought she was, that I was obviously wrong. Cousin served her time and thankfully she never physically harmed the child, but all of us in our family would have never guessed she would have been capable of doing something so crazy.

I wonder if she was in the back with the kids and tried to get to the front when Jenn started driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member