CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo with the "Thing # 1" and the rest of the families' shirts that matched... no words.
How exactly like the Turpins.
Those poor children.
Abused and then driven to their deaths.
There is no excuse for what was being perpetrated on them.
Not to mention the girl who was thought to be 7 years old---her age was given as 12. Except that she was 16.
No defense for those who abuse the most innocent among us. :(
:moo:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5569973/Lesbian-couple-plunged-cliff-fled-home-targeted-KKK.html

One time, a lie, they said they had pulled the kids out of school in West Linn because one of the children was being bullied.

'Only, we found out later the kids were taught at home. They didn't go to school.

'I only ever really met the two children. They were thin, tiny, and small. Hannah I thought was around seven, but she was 16 and they lied and told me she was 12.

'I don't know why they lied to me and said that.'

Sure, but Waldorf schools focus on creativity and preparing the students for formal learning. They can range from pre-k through middle school but the vast majority of them are pre-k through elementary. It’s not even available for children over the age of 14 anywhere that I’ve seen.

7463db549257f19218c33f9084c4befe.jpg

All of my kids are homeschooled. We register with the local school board’s homeschool coordinator and have yearly state testing or evaluation by a licensed teacher or evaluator. Some of their schoolwork is online and some is workbook/textbook based. Once they’re in middle school they have more say in the curriculum and what elective classes they do. They all have extracurriculars of their choice and friends through those, our neighborhood and various homeschool groups. Our oldest is almost 18, has been working the same job and saving a lot of his money for 16mo with an offer of a management position when he turns 18 and solid plans to move out this summer and start work on his Associate’s degree in the fall.

Job applications are now almost exclusively online and there are very few jobs now that don’t require at least some use of technology.

In our experience with public school through 8th grade there was very little by way of real life anything. My son decided to take the “life skills” class and the most relevant thing they did was learn to microwave food. The school district had decided some years ago that ovens and sewing needles were too dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a shock to me to see schools in other states. MN always tests at the top so I never realized until I saw it in real life as to what schools in other places are like.

Quite frankly, I had a horrible opinion of Florida schools as a few people I know left the frigid land of MN for Florida and were horrified at the condiitons. One bought textbooks for her class because there were none. I have been delighted about the Parkland kids. Their education is stunning. And seeing even younger kids speak with such grace and eloquence has been incredible.

The real life means using three dimensional objects to learn math, for instance. Even things such as the quadriatic equation can be shown with a three dimensional cube.

Kids go out and take water samples and measure all kinds of info from that. Using real water to work with displacement. Looking at engines to understand compression. Doing all kinds of things with science to measure velocity, vortex, torque. etc.

The base of understanding iswith real things.Even objects are used to build sentences. Subject, verb, noun, adjective, and so on. So many things needed to understand basic concepts.

LE investigators on this case are doing a craptastic job with information being released.

That photo with the "Thing # 1" and the rest of the families' shirts that matched... no words.
How exactly like the Turpins.
Those poor children.
Abused and then driven to their deaths.
There is no excuse for what was being perpetrated on them.
Not to mention the girl who was thought to be 7 years old---her age was given as 12. Except that she was 16.
No defense for those who abuse the most innocent among us. :(
:moo:

I think you are the third Thing shirt pic a la Turpin reference I've seen, but I haven't seen the pic or a link. I can't seem to "sleuth" it out on my own either. Am I just missing something obvious?

Wouldn´t that car go, DING DING DING DING - if they weren´t wearing seatbelts???

Wouldn´t that car go, DING DING DING DING - if they weren´t wearing seatbelts???

My newest car was a 2007 so not sure what new ones do. But my cars up until 2007 only dinged on the front seats and that is only if someone was sitting in it unbelted.

My beloved 2001 Honda Civic lost the dinging ability and I had it repaired. I forget. It was something simple.

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/02/what-could-have-saved-the-hart-children/

What could have saved the Hart children? This article brings up many points already mentioned here but is still worth a read.

From the article: Presciently, five years ago, the Coalition for Responsible Home Education explored the potential for abuse in the community, noting red flags that now seem like hallmarks of the Turpin and the Hart cases, including "confinement and food deprivation," "isolation and totalistic" behavior that verges on "cult-like" and targeting "adoption and special needs" children, with particular regard to families with "large numbers" of children. "In some cases," the organization observed, "parents may start out honestly wanting to do their best, but end up becoming abusive. Ignorance can be as damaging as malice."

I think you are the third Thing shirt pic a la Turpin reference I've seen, but I haven't seen the pic or a link. I can't seem to "sleuth" it out on my own either. Am I just missing something obvious?

There is a photo of the Hart family in the thing t shirts in this article.

http://amp.fox9.com/news/family-killed-in-california-cliff-crash-remembered-by-minnesota-friends

Turpin family in their thing t shirts.
In both links, scroll a little down.

www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-l...s/news-story/37229f6e1d4795fc236c5b00b33e5228

I’m almost positive that only the from two seats have the trigger for this because I’ve driven with heavy very heavy things on the back seats but I’d have to get someone else to drive with me in the back seat to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone refresh my memory. Did they say they have located a cell phone? Or multiple cell phones?

I'm thinking of a photograph that might have been taken at the cliff? Unless of course this was done at night which was one of my thoughts.

Geo locators on cell phones would also get input as to what amount of time they were there and their travels. And perhaps that was uploaded to their Google account? And that could be gathered from the subpoenas that they are doing right now?

http://amp.fox9.com/news/family-killed-in-california-cliff-crash-remembered-by-minnesota-friends

www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-l...s/news-story/37229f6e1d4795fc236c5b00b33e5228

Ask and I shall receive. Thank you.

Now, I wish I could unsee it. Smdh. If I thought the Thing shirts weren't ruined for me with the Turpins, I was wrong.

I was always fond of Thing 1 & Thing 2 before.

The Hart's are friends with many of my friends. I just wanted to say that the media is really putting them through the ringer here. They are NOTHING like the Turpin's. Many of my friends have taken to facebook to tell their stories of the family and all the stories have been beautiful. Please remember that you do not have the whole story. I'm absolutely appalled that they are being compared to the Turpins.

No one has the whole story. Correct. The reason this case is highlighted in the media is because 3 children (and 2 dogs) are missing, 3 children are dead, and parents are also dead after their SUV accelerated off a cliff. Law enforcement believes it was intentional. The facts seem to indicate exploitation, abuse, and ultimately murder, IMO

It's amazing to me that even with dead and missing children -- in what looks like a horrifying murder-suicide, some folks are still out there talking about how the "savior moms" rescued and transformed the children and how beautiful their story is.

New article with different information, just reported in the last hour. Not sure how Sarah was seat belted in, given this latest piece of info from the sheriff's office.

http://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...3219576?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

attachment.php

From your link:
SUV's on-board computer shows the vehicle, a 2003 GMC Yukon, stopped at a dirt pullout off Highway 1 on the California coast, and then accelerated a distance of 70 feet before driving over the cliff, plunging about 100 feet onto the rocks below.
"The speedometer could have moved at impact or somehow was manipulated," Baarts said. "We do have reason to believe, however, that the crash was intentional."

can one accelerate that quickly? From 0-90 within 70 feet?

Sorry-- trying to reply to a previous poster.
The element about this case that hurts the most is the asking for food from neighbors. :cry:
Brings back memories of the horrific photos of Adrian Jones. :(

Some of these Hart "parents' " defenders claim they may have just been sightseeing.
Doubtful at night--- and who drives that fast by a cliff ?

From your link:
SUV's on-board computer shows the vehicle, a 2003 GMC Yukon, stopped at a dirt pullout off Highway 1 on the California coast, and then accelerated a distance of 70 feet before driving over the cliff, plunging about 100 feet onto the rocks below.
"The speedometer could have moved at impact or somehow was manipulated," Baarts said. "We do have reason to believe, however, that the crash was intentional."

can one accelerate that quickly? From 0-90 within 70 feet?

If your car is not in the ground and you're going off the cliff and your foot is on the accelerator, the tires go round and round much faster as they have no resistance. It's kind of like when your car is up on a lift at the shop, and you put on your accelerator to do tire rotation and balancing. It wasn't how fast the car was going, in my opinion it was how fast the tires were going.

Ask and I shall receive. Thank you.

Now, I wish I could unsee it. Smdh. If I thought the Thing shirts weren't ruined for me with the Turpins, I was wrong.

I was always fond of Thing 1 & Thing 2 before.
SABBM

Agreed.
Thought the "things" from Dr. Seuss were cute. Not anymore.

Thank you for posting that article SATA. I had not seen the "Thing" shirt picture either, only the "Goonies" shirt picture, and then the FB collection of photos posted here.

So the similarities are dressing everyone up in themes and posing for happy pictures and posting on social media.

Seeing the "Thing" picture just confirms an element of what I think might have been happening in the women's minds after their children were seeking help, contacted by CPS, now on the run fleeing CPS...

I don’t know that “we” are making judgments. I know that I have become very aware of what people from the black, native, and Korean communities are saying nowadays. I think “we”are becoming educated

Oh. And what do you hear black, native and Korean communities saying? Are they asking white people not to adopt their children from the foster system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member