CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hannah is 16, she might just have had insufficiency of human growth hormone, and that would easily mean that she was shorter than her sister was 2 years younger.

She might have a 'dwarfism' syndrome, but I think most of those would result in a shorter stature than she has. As a complete non-expert I would say it's just that she has a deficiency of HGH.

Is it possible Hannah also has a terrible fear of dentists and that's why she didn't want her teeth fixed?

This is a bit hard for me to say without adding in a bit of sarcasm, but what the teacher said...they're hardly going to add on "...and several of them have a habit of going in the garbage for food due to a food-hoarding disorder".
I think the girl is malnourished. I also don't believe for one second that she didn't want her teeth fixed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have any of you estimated the number of seconds from acceleration to crash on the rocks?

If Hannah is 16, she might just have had insufficiency of human growth hormone, and that would easily mean that she was shorter than her sister was 2 years younger.

She might have a 'dwarfism' syndrome, but I think most of those would result in a shorter stature than she has. As a complete non-expert I would say it's just that she has a deficiency of HGH.

Is it possible Hannah also has a terrible fear of dentists and that's why she didn't want her teeth fixed?

This is a bit hard for me to say without adding in a bit of sarcasm, but what the teacher said...they're hardly going to add on "...and several of them have a habit of going in the garbage for food due to a food-hoarding disorder".

It looks like your theory is a possibility.

Growth in Children with Thyroid Dysfunction

In overt hypothyroidism, the severe impairment of linear growth leads to dwarfism, which is characterised by limbs that are disproportionately short compared with the trunk.

Even in subclinical hypothyroidism, a condition of mild thyroid failure, growth velocity in children is suboptimal

It makes me so sad that these kids were ages 12-19 and we haven't heard from a single friend of any of them.Only friends of the moms who just talk of the kids as a group and not as individuals.Did these poor kids have any friends their own ages?

Hey we're home schooled. In one of the articles shared in this thread, the Dekalb neighbors said they didn't know there were children at the house until Hannah came over that night scared and shook up. I believe they were purposefully isolated and conditioned so that they could be controlled. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if people will finally start to face the fact that this seems to have been a PURPOSEFUL ACT.

I don’t question the abuse nor that the abuser killed them.
I just can’t be sure if Sarah was a victim, too.

I believe the "cross burning" happened when they were in Portland, after Devonte hugged the police officer, not in Alec.
ETA: I live in MN as well. St Cloud! We're practically neighbors!

Nope absolutely did not happen here in Portland. It would have been the news of the year, especially after the viral photo.

I don’t question the abuse nor that the abuser killed them.
I just can’t be sure if Sarah was a victim, too.
That's a fair question, for sure.

ETA, I do wonder, though, at what point do you become a perpetrator if you are watching your children victimized for so many years?

the term "cured meats" stood out to me, too...

If he did indeed use the term "cured meats"...
And this term wasn't used as a translation of the neighbor...

It seems he was differentiating from fresh/frozen meats...

cured meats require little to no preparation...
And they do not spoil rapidly...

In fact ...as another poster has already stated, I believe...

P-Nut butter, apples, and tortillas stay edible longer than other sandwhich spreads, fruit, and bread...

perhaps he had gotten access to a book/website SOME WHERE that instructed readers what to pack for food for survival....

JMO...

And he also went on trips with the family so he prob would have observed them taking food that didn't spoil easily

I think victims of abusive partners often don’t imagine or believe their abusers will kill them.
Of course, we could also say, anyone with sense wouldn’t stay in an abusive relationship but that’s not how it works.
They make excuses and cover for their abuser, trying to convince friends and family it’s ok.
Without victims covering for their abusers, a lot more of them would be in jail and court ordered treatment.

I was an abused child. The fear I had of my mother words could never describe and every time she was angry I did fear for my life. Fear is the one emotion I can clearly recall 40 yrs later.

Nothing that they have shared with the public, thus far.

(OT you have DeOrr Kunz as your pic, yes? His little face...I didn't follow him here but oh man, I want him brought home. I've been following the Lucas Hernandez case here & always have DeOrr in my mind.

Here is a DeOrr WS link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0CQRnF_58-zqAtIS255FhE

Lucas Hernandez: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ndez-5-Wichita-17-Feb-2018-15-*Arrest*/page59

And now Devonte, Sierra and Hannah will join them in my browser search history. :( They are in good company but if I want answers this bad, how does the family feel?.....my heart breaks for those who truly loved these kids in life & currently miss these kids)

Has the property been checked by cadaver dogs and does anyone know if the three missing kids are the ones who told of the abuse.

I was an abused child. The fear I had of my mother words could never describe and every time she was angry I did fear for my life. Fear is the one emotion I can clearly recall 40 yrs later.

I was speaking of adults and spousal or partner abuse. Everyone is different but she wouldn’t be the first person that said the wrong thing at the wrong time to an abusive partner and ended up dead.

I’m sorry that happened to you.

Your scenario isn't so far-fetched. I've wondered since early on why we hadn't heard about cadaver dogs on their lot.

that would certainly scare Jen enough to pack up fast and take off. It has to be something pretty serious to have caused them to run. did one or more of the kids have fresh injuries? Something bad caused them to run. More
than just one kid asking a neighbor for food. Unless the abuse had gotten so severe they figured they couldn't
talk their way out of it anymore.
Something bad was happening in that home, IMO.

If three kids ran away before hand that could make them run I believe

Hey we're home schooled. In one of the articles shared in this thread, the Dekalb neighbors said they didn't know there were children at the house until Hannah came over that night scared and shook up. I believe they were purposefully isolated and conditioned so that they could be controlled. Smh

As a homeschooling parent this is mind boggling to me. I can’t imagine not going out to regular park play dates with the little ones and constantly chauffeuring the older kids to choir, art classes, acting classes, work (they keep their own money to spend how they please), to hang out with their friends, etc...

I think the girl is malnourished. I also don't believe for one second that she didn't want her teeth fixed.

In the previous thread, someone had said that since she never shows her teeth when she smiles, they believe she didn’t want her teeth fixed. I so strongly disagree. I don’t like my ears, and therefore never, ever wear my hair up in public, especially if I know pictures are going to be taken. I don’t even *love* wearing my hair up in front of loved ones when we are just chillin in the house. If I was completely comfortable with myself, I wouldn’t give a crap. But I do give a crap bc it’s an insecurity. Which leads me to believe her teeth are an insecurity for her and that’s why she rarely shows them.

(OT you have DeOrr Kunz as your pic, yes? His little face...I didn't follow him here but oh man, I want him brought home. I've been following the Lucas Hernandez case here & always have DeOrr in my mind.

Here is a DeOrr WS link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0CQRnF_58-zqAtIS255FhE

Lucas Hernandez: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ndez-5-Wichita-17-Feb-2018-15-*Arrest*/page59

And now Devonte, Sierra and Hannah will join them in my browser search history. :( They are in good company but if I want answers this bad, how does the family feel?.....my heart breaks for those who truly loved these kids in life & currently miss these kids)
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ that is Deorr, yes. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

IDK why, but I missed that whole story about Devonte when it broke. It's only been since this tragedy happened that I learned anything about him and his siblings and now find so many pictures of them.

What grabbed me about the picture of him hugging the cop and then so many of the other pictures of these kids at festivals was the costumes they were wearing. In the famous cop hug picture, Devonte was wearing an old style leather jacket and a hat that harkens back to the 50s and 60s. Jeremiah and Devonte wore similar styled, but different patterned hats in other pictures, just like they wore wide flat brimmed hats that haven't been in style with kids in generations.

Jen posted two videos to youtube with her kids dancing to Joni Mitchell and Cat Stevens. Well before even their times. Those artists were popular when I was in high school and college, and I am now in my 60s. Jen and Sarah were in their 30s.

There was such a disconnect with the "parents" and the real world. When you look at the costumes these kids wore, and they can only be described as costumes because they were so far out of current fashion for kids, one knows that there was a serious effort put into finding contrived clothing for these kids.

This is such a tragic situation. I have no idea what these kids truly went through on a day to day basis, but I am sure that they had no chance to voice their individuality or find their own identities.

They dressed normally at other times. I feel like they wanted the kids to stand out at the rallies.

I have been thinking that, but never got around to saying it for some reason - maybe because it is in a way self evident.
They have dealt with the CPS (and neighbors) before - what was so much worse this time around?

That is a really good question.

Parenting teens is difficult. Like, the hardest thing I’ve done so far in my life. My oldest is 14 and a good kid. And it’s still tough. I can’t imagine a child with challenges. Let alone several of them!

Other commenters have mentioned some signs that Jen may have become depressed. It might have been a downward spiral of mental illness - and Sarah may have been losing it, too.

They hadn't been in their new home for long. Maybe the prospect of moving yet AGAIN was daunting.

Not that there is any justification for running a car off a cliff, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130