OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theory of Brian jumping from the roof or a balcony, although far-fetched at first look, seems more and more possible having eliminated other alternative scenarios that require to overcome difficulties such as the security officers who were watching the entrance towards the construction site. In the last pages I've read the scenario that Brian may landed on the construction site and died there after not being seen by workers the next day(or days) and accidentally buried under cement, debris etc.

It is difficult but it could have happened if the workers were not many the next days. One of them could make the first mistake to accidentally bury Brian while others could have worked elsewhere in the site not seeing anything. But still its something difficult to happen.

But in any case, jumping from somewhere high to a place where Brian would meet his death seems probable and in my view it's consistent with the narrow time limit required for one to vanish. I mean...he jumped and in the blink of an eye he ended somewhere that his body could not be noticed or seen initially. That explains the absence of Brian in every CCTV. But the question is where exactly did he land? If it wasn't the construction site could it be a dumpster? The police searched them but not before Monday. So could the garbage truck have collected the dumpster where Brian had landed before Monday? What was the working schedule of waste collectors at the time near Brian disappearance? They should have investigated it.

And if it was not a dumpster...could it be a relatively big vehicle of any kind? I mean could have Brian landed on a trailer or the back part of a truck that would move away from the area after a while? I know that it seems crazy but all leads point to an unusual sequence of events that night. If he landed on a vehicle then he could be carried away and anything could have happened to him. For example the driver could have hide the body out of fear of being arrested for a crime he did not commit. Or if Brian was noticed alive, the driver may thought he is a criminal and killed him with a gun (then hide the body).

Anyway, i think police should check what kind of vehicles were parked around this building. Any object big enough to "accommodate" a human body is "suspect" and should have been checked back then. A fall in a dumpster or a vehicle and the subsequent movements away from the scene would also explain the inactivity of Brian's phone (it was damaged during the fall or during the waste collection or the driver who killed Brian destroyed the phone as well).

The theory of Brian jumping from the roof or a balcony, although far-fetched at first look, seems more and more possible having eliminated other alternative scenarios that require to overcome difficulties such as the security officers who were watching the entrance towards the construction site. In the last pages I've read the scenario that Brian may landed on the construction site and died there after not being seen by workers the next day(or days) and accidentally buried under cement, debris etc.

It is difficult but it could have happened if the workers were not many the next days. One of them could make the first mistake to accidentally bury Brian while others could have worked elsewhere in the site not seeing anything. But still its something difficult to happen.

But in any case, jumping from somewhere high to a place where Brian would meet his death seems probable and in my view it's consistent with the narrow time limit required for one to vanish. I mean...he jumped and in the blink of an eye he ended somewhere that his body could not be noticed or seen initially. That explains the absence of Brian in every CCTV. But the question is where exactly did he land? If it wasn't the construction site could it be a dumpster? The police searched them but not before Monday. So could the garbage truck have collected the dumpster where Brian had landed before Monday? What was the working schedule of waste collectors at the time near Brian disappearance? They should have investigated it.

And if it was not a dumpster...could it be a relatively big vehicle of any kind? I mean could have Brian landed on a trailer or the back part of a truck that would move away from the area after a while? I know that it seems crazy but all leads point to an unusual sequence of events that night. If he landed on a vehicle then he could be carried away and anything could have happened to him. For example the driver could have hide the body out of fear of being arrested for a crime he did not commit. Or if Brian was noticed alive, the driver may thought he is a criminal and killed him with a gun (then hide the body).

Anyway, i think police should check what kind of vehicles were parked around this building. Any object big enough to "accommodate" a human body is "suspect" and should have been checked back then. A fall in a dumpster or a vehicle and the subsequent movements away from the scene would also explain the inactivity of Brian's phone (it was damaged during the fall or during the waste collection or the driver who killed Brian destroyed the phone as well).

Good call Jim,

When you consider the short time interval of ten minutes of Brian being seen on camera to never being seen again, the likelihood of a tragic death very quickly seems more and more plausible. Vanishing to start a new life, not being seen by the hundreds of cameras in the city would be very unlikely. The big question is, if Brian was looking around and exploring that construction site, given the stress in his life, was he looking for a place to die and not be seen? Or was this an accident and just by coincidence of a botched investigation, Brian was never seen again? In EITHER case, regardless of what really happened, Brian was never seen again. How much did the stress and the booze contribute to this likely tragedy?

Any thoughts to him possibly being mugged and murdered around the construction site? You have a high crime area, 2am in the morning. Not the safest part of town.

Satch

Even though I do not agree this is a good post in that it gets people to think outside the box. The last time I stayed in Columbus was around 2007ish. At the urging of my friends we went bar hopping and there are still quite a bit of people on the streets at 2:30 when the bars close and there are a TON of taxis. A body hitting the street from 30 ft up is gonna draw some attention.

We have to assume that the door leading up to the roof has alarms on it and the door leading out to the roof top is locked. If we entertain the possibility that Brian did make it to the roof he is going to land on a sidewalk. He would have to be able to jump well over 20 feet from the building to land in a moving vehicle which is not possible. The odds of him landing on anything are people walking or maybe a parked car.

The entrance way to the bar is not a street so that leaves the other 3 sides. Two face a street and one is an alley. I'm pretty sure the alley is where the parking garage is. Again too many people roaming around for some not to notice a body and not to get gross but an extreme amount of blood. Also remember that Clint was calling Brian before him and Meredith left and they left at 2:09. So Brian would have had to make it to the roof and jump within minutes after telling them he was going to talk to the band.

Eta: thanks! So hard to tell, too bad he’s not smiling.
Does anyone know if Brian inherited attached earlobes? It looks to me that the individual in the 4 pics taken in the back of a car does have attached earlobes. That would be an easy way to definitively rule him out as being the individual in the pictures.

Even though I do not agree this is a good post in that it gets people to think outside the box. The last time I stayed in Columbus was around 2007ish. At the urging of my friends we went bar hopping and there are still quite a bit of people on the streets at 2:30 when the bars close and there are a TON of taxis. A body hitting the street from 30 ft up is gonna draw some attention.

We have to assume that the door leading up to the roof has alarms on it and the door leading out to the roof top is locked. If we entertain the possibility that Brian did make it to the roof he is going to land on a sidewalk. He would have to be able to jump well over 20 feet from the building to land in a moving vehicle which is not possible. The odds of him landing on anything are people walking or maybe a parked car.

The entrance way to the bar is not a street so that leaves the other 3 sides. Two face a street and one is an alley. I'm pretty sure the alley is where the parking garage is. Again too many people roaming around for some not to notice a body and not to get gross but an extreme amount of blood. Also remember that Clint was calling Brian before him and Meredith left and they left at 2:09. So Brian would have had to make it to the roof and jump within minutes after telling them he was going to talk to the band.

Yes,

No matter what possible theory to which you subscribe, if even several, it's the bizarrely short time interval of Brian being seen to never being seen again that is one of the biggest mysteries of this case.

Satch

Does anyone know if Brian inherited attached earlobes? It looks to me that the individual in the 4 pics taken in the back of a car does have attached earlobes. That would be an easy way to definitively rule him out as being the individual in the pictures.

I looked at the ears. Go back to the original photo that I posted that was lightened and the one of Brian holding the guitar. The face is about the same angle. Blow both pics up and the ears as far as how they are attached are identical.

I looked at the ears. Go back to the original photo that I posted that was lightened and the one of Brian holding the guitar. The face is about the same angle. Blow both pics up and the ears as far as how they are attached are identical.

Wow, embufum, you're right! The shape of the ears, distance between features, shape of the eyes are all very similar.

Just a couple things about this article that are incorrect. When Brian came back into the bar at around 1:55 the bar couldn't not have closed in 15 minutes. Clint and Meredith were seen leaving down the escalator at 2:09. The bar was open till 2:30. Clint and Meredith certainly didn't wait very long for Brian before they decided to leave. From around 1:55 to 2:09 they said they walked around the bar checked the restrooms and called Brian. So my guess is they waited say 5 minutes and around 2 am started to look for him called and were on their way by 2:09.

Known for our incredible fishbowls and live entertainment, the Ugly Tuna provides a unique fun-first atmosphere where friends are made every night of the week. With everything from Acoustic one man bands to DJ’s rocking the house any given night, your are bound to have some serious fun!
OPEN DAILY FROM 4 pm until 2:30 am Fri & Sat from 11 am – 2:30 am
located at 1546 N. High Street
Columbus, OH (614) 297-8862

Wow, embufum, you're right! The shape of the ears, distance between features, shape of the eyes are all very similar.
The manin the B&W photos has a very pronounced arch to his eyebrow ridges; Brian's eyebrow ridges have only a slight curve. The man in the B&W photos can be ruled out based on that feature

The manin the B&W photos has a very pronounced arch to his eyebrow ridges; Brian's eyebrow ridges have only a slight curve. The man in the B&W photos can be ruled out based on that feature

Yep I noticed this already. We can't based on a few still shots assume that this mans eyebrows are in a relaxed state. Most people raised them off and on in an expressive manner frequently while talking. This type of arch is not usually something found on men. I'm sure it's something most women would love lol.

Also keep in mind that if this is the relaxed state of this man's eye brows, if he did happen to raise them they would be sitting on top of his hairline. I'm 100% sure IMO that these are not photos but still shots from a video. You can see this man's lips moving and he does look somewhat nervous but that is just an observation on my part. So while though these stills may not be Brian I don't think we can absolutely rule them out based on brow position, but that was a very good catch on your part.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bria...UICygC&biw=1252&bih=600#imgrc=tONCy5JwAclkkM:
attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/search?q=brian+shaffer&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2vpbV7rLaAhUk4oMKHej6CvUQ_AUICygC&biw=1252&bih=600#imgrc=kqm-th3wyIv4ZM:

Attachments

• brianshaffer-rh.jpg
    brianshaffer-rh.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 158
  • Collage_of_Brian_Shaffer_-_missing_from_Columbus,_Ohio.jpg
    Collage_of_Brian_Shaffer_-_missing_from_Columbus,_Ohio.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 152
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1_iEbHIEZYxuDHjZltTdx47w (1).jpg
    1_iEbHIEZYxuDHjZltTdx47w (1).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 247
We have a follow up call to schedule with him and have about 40 more questions for him and this is one of them. There is so much that he can’t speak about but if he can he will answer it. We are also trying to speak to Andre Edwards the detective that watched all of the footage, however they are telling us we can only speak to Hurst.

And I really believe that information came from Clint to his attorney not to John Hurst. But I will say we hung up with Sergeant Hurst and for the first time since Brian went missing I felt he could be alive too. Especially when he discusses what they would do if Brian told them he is alive.

And I really believe that information came from Clint to his attorney not to John Hurst. But I will say we hung up with Sergeant Hurst and for the first time since Brian went missing I felt he could be alive too. Especially when he discusses what they would do if Brian told them he is alive.

This is what I was referring to.

"Shortly after Randy Shaffer's death, Neil Rosenberg, attorney for Florence, wrote to Don Corbett, a private investigator who has volunteered his time to help the Shaffer family find Brian, regarding his client's ongoing refusal to take a lie detector test. Rosenberg intimated that he had learned that the Columbus police investigating the case believed Brian was alive.[SUP][4]"[/SUP]

A lot of good posts on here in the past few weeks regarding Brian's case. I'm eager to listen to the new podcast but I just can't get my head around thinking Brian is still alive. I think someone who believes Brian is no longer here once commented something like "Brian isn't on an island with Maura Murray". I have to agree and I just don't know what type of evidence/theories would need to be presented to change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle