ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I have updated the timeline. Is there anything that should be added or changed?

March 2004: Earliest known public record that shows Jennifer Hart and Sarah Gengler, both from South Dakota, residing in Alexandria, Minnesota.

May 2005: Sarah Hart petitions to change her last name from Gengler to Hart.

September 2006: Jennifer and Sarah Hart adopt siblings Markis, Abigail and Hannah.

September 2008: According to a police report from Alexandria, Minnesota, Hannah, then 6, tells authorities that one of her mothers bruised her with a belt. Asked about the beating, Jennifer and Sarah Hart tell a police investigator and social worker the girl had fallen down the stairs.

February 2009: Jennifer and Sarah adopt Devonte and two of his siblings — bringing their number of children to six. An article from Paper Trail, a New Zealand-based news outlet, describes his adoption. The article said by age 4, the boy had been abused, neglected, shot at and had endured other traumas.

November 2010: Police in Alexandria, Minnesota interview Abigail Hart, 6 at the time, after a teacher discovers bruises stretching from her sternum to her navel. The girl says Jennifer Hart hit her with a closed fist, put her head in a cold bath, then hit her again, court records show. She was then grounded, the girl told police, which meant she had to stay in bed and miss lunch.

April 2011: Sarah Hart pleads guilty to abusing Abigail Hart and is sentenced to a year of probation for misdemeanor domestic assault, court records show. Sarah told police she was the one who hit Abigail, even though the girl told authorities her mother Jennifer had done it. The next day, all six of the Hart children are taken out of public schools. They never attend public school again.

October 2011: The family lives in Alexandria, Minnesota, for a time and takes part in local activism. Hart family members including Devonte and Jennifer Hart participate in an Occupy Minneapolis demonstration.

2012: According to friends in Oregon, Sarah Hart travels to Portland to look for work. Jennifer Hart and their children later join her.

2013: After the family moves to West Linn, family friend Alexandra Argyropoulos tells Oregon child welfare officials that the Hart parents have been depriving their kids of food as punishment, she says. The Harts break off contact with her when they learn of it. Argyropoulos says she was told the Hart children had been interviewed by Oregon officials; it was apparent that each child had been coached by their mothers on what to say; and nothing more could be done by the Oregon Department of Human Services.

July 2013: The police department responds to a call to the Hart's house.

November 2014: Family members participate in a Portland protest of a Missouri grand jury declining to indict a Ferguson police officer in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. Devonte and a Portland police officer hug, and the photo of the moment goes viral.

March 2016: Family members join U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont onstage during a presidential campaign rally in Vancouver.

May 2017: Jennifer and Sarah Hart buy a two-story, 3-bedroom home on 2 acres of land in the Woodland area of Clark County, Washington, property records show.

March 23, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services opens a Child Protective Services investigation in which the Hart children are "identified as potential victims of alleged abuse or neglect."

March 23, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services attempts without success to make contact with the Hart family.

March 24, 2018 - 3:00 AM: Sarah Hart sends a middle-of-the-night text message to friend Cheryl Hart, only hours after child protective services first visited the family's home, saying she was so sick she might have to go to the hospital. The friend never made contact again.

March 24, 2018 - 8:14 AM: The family is in or around Newport, Oregon, police say. It's believed they continue south on Route 101 until they reach State Route 1 in Leggett, California.

March 24, 2018 - 8:00 PM The Harts travel south on State Route 1 until they reach the Fort Bragg area in Mendocino.

March 25, 2018 - 9:00 PM: The family leaves Fort Bragg.

March 26, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services again unsuccessfully attempts to make contact with the Hart family. They call 911 and ask the Sheriff's Department to do a welfare check on the family.

March 26, 2018 - 1:15 PM: Cheryl Hart calls 911 and asked the Sheriff's Department to do a welfare check on Sarah Hart. "Nobody has been able to get ahold of her, talk to her or seen her since," she told the dispatcher.

March 26, 2018: A passer-by along Highway 1 in Westport, California, calls 911 after looking down a 100-foot embankment and seeing an SUV upside down on the rocky shoreline. Five people are found dead: three children outside the SUV and two women inside.

March 27, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services makes a third unsuccessful attempt to contact the Hart family.

March 28, 2018: The women are identified by the Mendocino County's Sheriff's Office as Jennifer and Sarah Hart and their children as Markis, Jeremiah and Abigail. Three of their other children: Devonte, Hannah and Sierra, remain missing. Sheriff Tom Allman said a search is ongoing for the remaining three children.

March 29, 2018: Police continue to search for the three missing children, including Devonte, and to investigate why the SUV plunged off the California cliff. Authorities don't know if the kids were also in the car, but are basing their search on the assumption that they were thrown from the car into the cliffs or the surf.

March 31, 2018: Officials reveal the speedometer on the Harts' wrecked SUV was "pinned" at 90 mph.

April 2, 2018: Officials say the crash may have been intentional, saying data taken from the family's SUV shows the vehicle came to a complete stop at the Route 1 pullout before speeding off the cliff. The search for the missing children becomes a "recovery effort."

April 2, 2018: "I'm to the point where I'm no longer calling this an accident, I'm calling it a crime," Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman tells HLN's Ashleigh Banfield.

April 7, 2018: An unidentified body, believed to be that of a black female, is found in the ocean near the site of the crash. Officials said an identification could take weeks.

A few things you might want to add- source listed in parentheses

- December 2010- Alexandria, MN home listed for sale. (realtor.com listing)

- May 2012- Hannah loses front teeth after allegedly falling in house (Jen's FB post)

- August 2012- Alexandria MN house relisted for sale (realtor.com listing)

- October 2012- Sarah begins work at Kohls in Oregon (Sarah's LinkedIn resume)

- December 2012- Jen and kids travel to Oregon, getting a ride with the Lees after rollover accident in Missoula (Statesman Journal article)

- April 2013- Alexandria, MN house sold (realtor.com listing)

- June 2017- Jen's rough year FB post.

Sarah texted her friend at 3 am and said she was so sick she may have to go to the hospital on March 26th. She made several attempts to get back to Sarah with no reault so she phoned 911 and asked them to do a wellness check on the family. 3 hours after ahe called 911 was when the suv was found. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hm. No known medical hx

The line
“RP thinks FON is now dead” Jumps out at me. I feel that is very telling. If I couldn’t get a hold of a friend for a few days, I wouldn’t assume she was dead. I might be concerned that the family was sick or she was injured, but I wouldn’t jump to thinking she was dead.

The line
&#8220;RP thinks FON is now dead&#8221; Jumps out at me. I feel that is very telling. If I couldn&#8217;t get a hold of a friend for a few days, I wouldn&#8217;t assume she was dead. I might be concerned that the family was sick or she was injured, but I wouldn&#8217;t jump to thinking she was dead.

I think that means "phone."

Nice work on the timeline, Kaboom. Thanks! :)

The line
&#8220;RP thinks FON is now dead&#8221; Jumps out at me. I feel that is very telling. If I couldn&#8217;t get a hold of a friend for a few days, I wouldn&#8217;t assume she was dead. I might be concerned that the family was sick or she was injured, but I wouldn&#8217;t jump to thinking she was dead.

Fon could it mean phone

The line
“RP thinks FON is now dead” Jumps out at me. I feel that is very telling. If I couldn’t get a hold of a friend for a few days, I wouldn’t assume she was dead. I might be concerned that the family was sick or she was injured, but I wouldn’t jump to thinking she was dead.
FON I think is phone. As in Phone is now dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sarah texted her friend at 3 am and said she was so sick she may have to go to the hospital on March 26th. She made several attempts to get back to Sarah with no reault so she phoned 911 and asked them to do a wellness check on the family. 3 hours after ahe called 911 was when the suv was found. <modsnip>

I think that means "phone."

LOL! That definitely makes more sense! Ugh, my brain needs to take some time off&#129315;

Posting a screenshot of the transcript, can someone please alert a mod on this post in case it isn&#8217;t allowed?

cache.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Thanks for posting this!

I thought it was interesting that they cross-referenced the other calls regarding the Harts.

Edited to add: also that the doctor had &#8220;no record&#8221;. I&#8217;m assuming the friend called the doctor to see if Sarah had been in? Uhhh, none of my friends know my primary care doctor&#8217;s name. Not even my husband does (he could find out from my insurance card, I guess). The only person who does know is SIL, and only because she goes to the same practice. Do you know who your friend&#8217;s doctor is?

LOL! That definitely makes more sense! Ugh, my brain needs to take some time off&#34253;

Well, if it’s any consolation, I tried to figure out what FON was an acronym for...like Friend Of N?...before going :doh: it’s phone!!

I thought it was interesting that they cross-referenced the other calls regarding the Harts.

Edited to add: also that the doctor had “no record”. I’m assuming the friend called the doctor to see if Sarah had been in? Uhhh, none of my friends know my primary care doctor’s name. Not even my husband does (he could find out from my insurance card, I guess). The only person who does know is SIL, and only because she goes to the same practice. Do you know who your friend’s doctor is?

Yea I wonder what prompted that.[emoji848] could be an automatic process too

IMO

Well, if it’s any consolation, I tried to figure out what FON was an acronym for...like Friend Of N?...before going :doh: it’s phone!!

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better LOL

A few things you might want to add- source listed in parentheses

- December 2010- Alexandria, MN home listed for sale. (realtor.com listing)

- May 2012- Hannah loses front teeth after allegedly falling in house (Jen's FB post)

- August 2012- Alexandria MN house relisted for sale (realtor.com listing)

- October 2012- Sarah begins work at Kohls in Oregon (Sarah's LinkedIn resume)

- December 2012- Jen and kids travel to Oregon, getting a ride with the Lees after rollover accident in Missoula (Statesman Journal article)

- April 2013- Alexandria, MN house sold (realtor.com listing)

- June 2017- Jen's rough year FB post.

OK, thanks. Got it.

March 2004: Earliest known public record that shows Jennifer Hart and Sarah Gengler, both from South Dakota, residing in Alexandria, Minnesota.

May 2005: Sarah Hart petitions to change her last name from Gengler to Hart.

September 2006: Jennifer and Sarah Hart adopt siblings Markis, Abigail and Hannah.

September 2008: According to a police report from Alexandria, Minnesota, Hannah, then 6, tells authorities that one of her mothers bruised her with a belt. Asked about the beating, Jennifer and Sarah Hart tell a police investigator and social worker the girl had fallen down the stairs.

February 2009: Jennifer and Sarah adopt Devonte and two of his siblings &#8212; bringing their number of children to six. An article from Paper Trail, a New Zealand-based news outlet, describes his adoption. The article said by age 4, the boy had been abused, neglected, shot at and had endured other traumas.

November 2010: Police in Alexandria, Minnesota interview Abigail Hart, 6 at the time, after a teacher discovers bruises stretching from her sternum to her navel. The girl says Jennifer Hart hit her with a closed fist, put her head in a cold bath, then hit her again, court records show. She was then grounded, the girl told police, which meant she had to stay in bed and miss lunch.

December 2010: Alexandria, MN home listed for sale.

April 2011: Sarah Hart pleads guilty to abusing Abigail Hart and is sentenced to a year of probation for misdemeanor domestic assault, court records show. Sarah told police she was the one who hit Abigail, even though the girl told authorities her mother Jennifer had done it. The next day, all six of the Hart children are taken out of public schools. They never attend public school again.

October 2011: The family lives in Alexandria, Minnesota, for a time and takes part in local activism. Hart family members including Devonte and Jennifer Hart participate in an Occupy Minneapolis demonstration.

2012: According to friends in Oregon, Sarah Hart travels to Portland to look for work. Jennifer Hart and their children later join her. Hannah loses front teeth after allegedly falling in house acceding to Jen's FB post.

August 2012: Alexandria MN house re-listed for sale.

October 2012: Sarah begins work at Kohls in Oregon (Sarah's LinkedIn resume).

December 2012: Jen and kids travel to Oregon, getting a ride with the Lees after rollover accident in Missoula According to Statesman Journal article.

April 2013- Alexandria, MN house sold. The family moves to West Linn, family friend Alexandra Argyropoulos tells Oregon child welfare officials that the Hart parents have been depriving their kids of food as punishment, she says. The Harts break off contact with her when they learn of it. Argyropoulos says she was told the Hart children had been interviewed by Oregon officials; it was apparent that each child had been coached by their mothers on what to say; and nothing more could be done by the Oregon Department of Human Services.

July 2013: The police department responds to a call to the Hart's house.

November 2014: Family members participate in a Portland protest of a Missouri grand jury declining to indict a Ferguson police officer in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. Devonte and a Portland police officer hug, and the photo of the moment goes viral.

March 2016: Family members join U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont onstage during a presidential campaign rally in Vancouver.

May 2017: Jennifer and Sarah Hart buy a two-story, 3-bedroom home on 2 acres of land in the Woodland area of Clark County, Washington, property records show.

June 2017: Jen's rough year FB post.

March 23, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services opens a Child Protective Services investigation in which the Hart children are "identified as potential victims of alleged abuse or neglect."

March 23, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services attempts without success to make contact with the Hart family.

March 24, 2018 - 3:00 AM: Sarah Hart sends a middle-of-the-night text message to friend Cheryl Hart, only hours after child protective services first visited the family's home, saying she was so sick she might have to go to the hospital. The friend never made contact again.

March 24, 2018 - 8:14 AM: The family is in or around Newport, Oregon, police say. It's believed they continue south on Route 101 until they reach State Route 1 in Leggett, California.

March 24, 2018 - 8:00 PM The Harts travel south on State Route 1 until they reach the Fort Bragg area in Mendocino.

March 25, 2018 - 9:00 PM: The family leaves Fort Bragg.

March 26, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services again unsuccessfully attempts to make contact with the Hart family. They call 911 and ask the Sheriff's Department to do a welfare check on the family.

March 26, 2018 - 1:15 PM: Cheryl Hart calls 911 and asked the Sheriff's Department to do a welfare check on Sarah Hart. "Nobody has been able to get ahold of her, talk to her or seen her since," she told the dispatcher.

March 26, 2018: A passer-by along Highway 1 in Westport, California, calls 911 after looking down a 100-foot embankment and seeing an SUV upside down on the rocky shoreline. Five people are found dead: three children outside the SUV and two women inside.

March 27, 2018: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services makes a third unsuccessful attempt to contact the Hart family.

March 28, 2018: The women are identified by the Mendocino County's Sheriff's Office as Jennifer and Sarah Hart and their children as Markis, Jeremiah and Abigail. Three of their other children: Devonte, Hannah and Sierra, remain missing. Sheriff Tom Allman said a search is ongoing for the remaining three children.

March 29, 2018: Police continue to search for the three missing children, including Devonte, and to investigate why the SUV plunged off the California cliff. Authorities don't know if the kids were also in the car, but are basing their search on the assumption that they were thrown from the car into the cliffs or the surf.

March 31, 2018: Officials reveal the speedometer on the Harts' wrecked SUV was "pinned" at 90 mph.

April 2, 2018: Officials say the crash may have been intentional, saying data taken from the family's SUV shows the vehicle came to a complete stop at the Route 1 pullout before speeding off the cliff. The search for the missing children becomes a "recovery effort."

April 2, 2018: "I'm to the point where I'm no longer calling this an accident, I'm calling it a crime," Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman tells HLN's Ashleigh Banfield.

April 7, 2018: An unidentified body, believed to be that of a black female, is found in the ocean near the site of the crash. Officials said an identification could take weeks.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2018/04/sarah_hart_sent_alarming_3_am.html

Other new developments in the Hart family case

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services documents obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive this week provide more details about Devonte Hart&#8217;s actions in the days leading up to his disappearance.
&#8226; Over a string of conversations, Devonte told someone who later contacted authorities &#8212; believed to be neighbor Dana DeKalb &#8212; that his parents were mean and not feeding him meals for days at a time. DeKalb asked if Devonte&#8217;s parents were abusing him, and he replied they did &#8220;sometimes.&#8221;
&#8226; He urged DeKalb not to call police because he and his siblings would be split up. DeKalb asked why the children weren&#8217;t ever outside, and Devonte said his parents wanted to keep their children hidden.
The documents also provide more details about Hannah Hart&#8217;s runaway attempt.
&#8226; DeKalb said Hannah jumped from her second-story window at 1:30 a.m. six months before, rang her doorbell and ran into her house. Hannah was covered in weeds and blackberries and asked DeKalb to hide her. The girl said her parents were racist and had been abusing her.
&#8226; All eight of the Harts came over the next morning. Jennifer Hart said Hannah had two missing teeth after falling and knocking them out and that Hannah didn&#8217;t want new ones.
&#8226; DeKalb said Hannah looked like she was 7 years old. Authorities say Hannah is 16.
Sarah and Jennifer Hart also fostered a teen in the mid-2000s, according to the Seattle Times.

The Minnesota Department of Human Services confirmed to The Oregonian/OregonLive that the couple was licensed to provide child foster care in Douglas County, Minnesota, for almost 2 years beginning April 1, 2005.
The Harts weren't hit with any licensing sanctions, the agency said. They adopted siblings Markis, Abigail and Hannah in September 2006.

Edited to add: also that the doctor had &#8220;no record&#8221;. I&#8217;m assuming the friend called the doctor to see if Sarah had been in? Uhhh, none of my friends know my primary care doctor&#8217;s name. Not even my husband does (he could find out from my insurance card, I guess). The only person who does know is SIL, and only because she goes to the same practice. Do you know who your friend&#8217;s doctor is?

I know the name of my friend’s doctor but only because I referred her to him. She moved several years ago and asked for recommendations. Maybe it is the same type of situation.

Could someone tell me what this means from the 911 report: RP thinks her FON is now dead...so Cheryl thought she had died?? From reading her text message?? And the fact that she wasn't hearing back from her??

OK I have updated the timeline.

February 2009: Jennifer and Sarah adopt Devonte and two of his siblings &#8212; bringing their number of children to six. An article from Paper Trail, a New Zealand-based news outlet, describes his adoption. The article said by age 4, the boy had been abused, neglected, shot at and had endured other traumas.

Shame on the State of CA - so disgusting - after reading these notes, "other traumas"... I can only imagine!

Edited to add: also that the doctor had “no record”. I’m assuming the friend called the doctor to see if Sarah had been in? Uhhh, none of my friends know my primary care doctor’s name. Not even my husband does (he could find out from my insurance card, I guess). The only person who does know is SIL, and only because she goes to the same practice. Do you know who your friend’s doctor is?

My closer friends know who mine is (she’s my husband and kid’s dr too) because she’s a direct care family PCP who a lot of us and our families see. She’s awesome and even does housecalls if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point! My wife only know my doctor because we go to the same one. Pretty sure they wouldn't tell her if I'd been in though. Maybe I'm missing something. The first report I saw said "hospital" instead of "doctor." Maybe she called hospitals.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2018/04/sarah_hart_sent_alarming_3_am.html

Other new developments in the Hart family case

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services documents obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive this week provide more details about Devonte Hart’s actions in the days leading up to his disappearance.
• Over a string of conversations, Devonte told someone who later contacted authorities — believed to be neighbor Dana DeKalb — that his parents were mean and not feeding him meals for days at a time. DeKalb asked if Devonte’s parents were abusing him, and he replied they did “sometimes.”
• He urged DeKalb not to call police because he and his siblings would be split up. DeKalb asked why the children weren’t ever outside, and Devonte said his parents wanted to keep their children hidden.
The documents also provide more details about Hannah Hart’s runaway attempt.
• DeKalb said Hannah jumped from her second-story window at 1:30 a.m. six months before, rang her doorbell and ran into her house. Hannah was covered in weeds and blackberries and asked DeKalb to hide her. The girl said her parents were racist and had been abusing her.
• All eight of the Harts came over the next morning. Jennifer Hart said Hannah had two missing teeth after falling and knocking them out and that Hannah didn’t want new ones.
• DeKalb said Hannah looked like she was 7 years old. Authorities say Hannah is 16.
Sarah and Jennifer Hart also fostered a teen in the mid-2000s, according to the Seattle Times.

The Minnesota Department of Human Services confirmed to The Oregonian/OregonLive that the couple was licensed to provide child foster care in Douglas County, Minnesota, for almost 2 years beginning April 1, 2005.
The Harts weren't hit with any licensing sanctions, the agency said. They adopted siblings Markis, Abigail and Hannah in September 2006.

Hannah said that her parents were racist?! Why are we just seeing that now?

IMO

I know the name of my friend&#8217;s doctor but only because I referred her to him. She moved several years ago and asked for recommendations. Maybe it is the same type of situation.

True. At one of my jobs, we all knew each other doctor's because we talked about it and referred each other to good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose