ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line
“RP thinks FON is now dead” Jumps out at me. I feel that is very telling. If I couldn’t get a hold of a friend for a few days, I wouldn’t assume she was dead. I might be concerned that the family was sick or she was injured, but I wouldn’t jump to thinking she was dead.

I am not sure, but I think FON means phone - shorthand.

Edit to add. Lots of other people got that, doooh.

Could someone tell me what this means from the 911 report: RP thinks her FON is now dead...so Cheryl thought she had died?? From reading her text message?? And the fact that she wasn't hearing back from her??
RP (the Reporting Party; the person who made this call to report an issue; Ms. Cheryl here) thinks that the mobile phone of her friend (Sarah) is out of charge / the battery is dead / the phone is switched off. : )

Hart family mystery deepens as friends remember previous foster child in Minnesota
Nina ShapiroUpdated April 11, 2018 at 11:47 am

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-remember-previous-foster-child-in-minnesota/

This is normal

Smith recalled a time that Jen, unhappy with the way female mannequins at Herberger’s had visible nipples because she believed it fed into society’s exploitation of women’s bodies, found a hacksaw from the store’s toolroom and sawed all the nipples off.

RSBM

My personal theory is that the CPS visit led to the women discovering what Devonte had been up to with the neighbors. Unlike the earlier incident with Hannah, which was panicked, this was a deliberate act of rebellion. I think, once CPS left, there was some intense interrogation going on in that house, and either Devonte owned up to what he’d done, or one of the other kids cracked.

I think the frantic departure of the whole family was more Sarah and Jen’s last ditch effort to enter the “honeymoon” phase of the abuse cycle, and get the kids back into line, rather than an attempt to flee CPS. They’d dealt with CPS before, and they probably thought they could fool them again. But it was crucial that the kids be onboard with that.

But… I don’t think it worked this time. I think by the end of the weekend, it was clear that the kids (at least some of them) weren’t going to be cowed, and that the whole fantasy world they’d constructed and carefully protected was about to come crashing down. IMO, that’s what ultimately lead them to drive over the edge of that cliff.

I don't usually say much on WS. Once in awhile I will pipe in with something not helpful at all. .anyhoo, what you just wrote is exactly what I have been thinking. I think it was a pissed off trip to get the kids in line, on the same page etc. Why they drove off a cliff is beyond my thought process. I want all these babies to be alive and it crushes my soul that they aren't . Humans disgust me, not all, but alot of them.

Excellent. Thanks for posting this!

I thought it was interesting that they cross-referenced the other calls regarding the Harts.

Edited to add: also that the doctor had “no record”. I’m assuming the friend called the doctor to see if Sarah had been in? Uhhh, none of my friends know my primary care doctor’s name. Not even my husband does (he could find out from my insurance card, I guess). The only person who does know is SIL, and only because she goes to the same practice. Do you know who your friend’s doctor is?

If CH was Sarah’s boss (speculation on my part), maybe she got that info from an emergency contact form, idk.

This is normal

Smith recalled a time that Jen, unhappy with the way female mannequins at Herberger’s had visible nipples because she believed it fed into society’s exploitation of women’s bodies, found a hacksaw from the store’s toolroom and sawed all the nipples off.
SABBM

Sensing some sarcasm here.....

Really dreading what else is going to be revealed about the murder of the Hart kids. :(

This is normal

Eh, if I heard that story about someone I didn't know to be a murderer, I'd probably laugh my butt off at it. Quirky retail antics, you know? I don't think it necessarily points to anything. But in context, it definitely sounds more ominous.

Houston aunt shocked to learn adopted kids killed in California cliff crash

http://abc7news.com/aunt-shocked-to-learn-adopted-kids-killed-in-california-crash/3329405/

So the kids were living safely with their aunt, who was represented by a lawyer who (it sounds like) was involved in the fight to keep the family together. Two African-American women, clearly working in the kids' best interests, one of them a lawyer, the other one an immediate family member. Yet custody was given to two strangers, recent college graduates working in retail, who had already demonstrated (had anyone cared to look) that they were not emotionally intelligent enough yet to handle teenagers. And who also happened to be white.

This should spark massive adoption reform. It should. But it's going to be uphill all the way.

Beyond sad.

This meant that the kids were in the care of family members, removed from the bad situation, yet were still put out for adoption.

I wish I thought there would be some investigation and accountability as to WHY they were taken from their aunt and sent with these racist murderers. But I am pretty sure there won't be.

RP (the Reporting Party; the person who made this call to report an issue; Ms. Cheryl here) thinks that the mobile phone of her friend (Sarah) is out of charge / the battery is dead / the phone is switched off. : )
You all are so quick on this site...I wrote out my post and then went back and found my answer..thank you!!

Houston aunt shocked to learn adopted kids killed in California cliff crash

http://abc7news.com/aunt-shocked-to-learn-adopted-kids-killed-in-california-crash/3329405/

Heart breaking. That poor woman.

So Jeremiah, Devonte and Sierra were removed from their home.

We learn something new every day.

Also new today: Hannah called the mothers racist.
Can we be 100% sure of that? Not sure about the source.
If that is true, how absolutely awful for the kids and their self images.

And new: Sarah´s text message.
I can´t make up my mind as to what I think it meant. I would need to know if the lady she sent it to is a friend or a co-worker.

Aaand new to me at least: Devonte said to the DeKalbs that his mothers wanted to hide their kids.
Maybe in recent months, but earlier they liked to show them off minus poor Markis and Hannah.

The case gets more and more depressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member