Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who saw something in the recent article that detailed the abuse on Lucas? It had to do with a welfare check on Lucas on VD. It is no long in the article and I see that the article was updated. Don't want to say anything further since I have nothing to quote because it was removed. Please remove this post if not allowed.
It did say that, but it was VD 3 years ago, 2015. Not the most recent VD, which is the one where his whereabouts seem unknown.

Just thinking out loud...

Debate might be a great thing now while this is fresh. I have been very impressed with the general compassion and supreme intelligence on this site. After working with a former female governor from Alaska I am amazed.

Anyway. I’m going to look at a new phone and in the meantime. Here’s what I’ve been trying to post.

Having lived in Wichita for over 20 years and seeing the change from one extreme to another it seems that the issue is with the goal. In the link I shared above, the spokesperson even said (paraphrasing) their goal wasn’t exactly individual child safety but to remove the blatantly disgustingly abusive adult from access to children. Prior to the change it was about quotas and bonuses (personal observation and admissions by former workers). The system needs to have children’s best interests at the core of the entire system, and that varies from child to child and family to family. All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, it is clear as day what happened (of course MOO) when you see this timeline now! The injuries he sustained at the end of January were severe and continued to cause him medical distress. He was complaining of a stomach ache, this was more, I am guessing he succumbed to those injuries just after he was seen in the window. He did not have a "stomach virus" he was suffering from internal injuries. Maybe there was one final blow :(

Terrible to think of how this little one suffered at the hands of anger and rage.

I hope the whole city of Wichita will band together and be at the courthouse Monday for her hearing. The monster needs to know she cannot fool us, we see right through her evil ways.

A Guide to Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
Compiled by The Kansas Department for Children and Families

Snip.
“If 20 million people were infected by a virus that caused anxiety, impulsivity, aggression, sleep problems, depression, respiratory and heart problems, vulnerability to substance abuse, antisocial and criminal behavior, retardation and school failure, we would consider it an urgent public health crisis. Yet in the United States alone, there are more than 20 million abused, neglected and traumatized children vulnerable to these problems. Our society has yet to recognize the epidemic, let alone develop an immunization strategy.” End snip.

http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/GuidetoReportingAbuseandNeglect.pdf

For consideration: Did DCF follow protocol in Lucas' case?

(And I'm now aware as a result of recent cases here of what seems to be the abusive method of caregivers purposely starving their children...)

No offence to WS members, but posts stating something as fact without a link to substantiate have been removed. Responses have also been removed because it was obvious it was being regurgitated as fact.

Remember this when it comes to fact at WS ... no link, no post.

Thread is open again.

:wave:

Jonathan told me he got a message from Emily after she called the police on the 17th (around 6:15 p.m.) He then notified his employer, made arrangements, packed and was on the road by 8:00 p.m.

FWIW - I believe him

I have been researching FILICIDE (parents who kill their children. Parents and step parents. These are interesting facts. It’s a Brutish study.

1. MEDIAN AGE OF PARENT: 27

2. Mental health issues

Personality disorders

Depression

Affirmation issues

3. CRIMINAL/ LEGAL:

history of violence

History of abusive behavior

History of criminal behavior

History of drug abuse but usually not addicted to drugs

4. SOCIAL ECONOMIC

Lack of higher education

Economically dependent on others

First child born prior to age 20

I will add more as I find it.

And I bekieve the DA is laying the groundwork for additional charges. Allowing a reporter to view the CINA case affidavit/document is unusual. At the least it will be used on Monday as basis to deny her bail reduction. She may as well decorate her cell, she’s going to call it home for a very long time. IMO

I find it important that the report indicates that no relative has been deemed appropriate or willing to take the baby into their home. I know age can be a factor. But there has to be someone.

Sad to read yesterday’s article, but surprised at nothing it revealed.
Hi Charliegizmo, you may be interested in this comprehensive professional clinical study and case findings re: children killed by genetic parents versus stepparents. I'm not sure if it's the same study. Snip: previous neglect and abuse, anger/rage, and beating to death would be most common among filicides by stepmothers

http://people.uncw.edu/bruce/hon 210/pdfs/infanticide.pdf

It's 11 pages so you may want to scroll. Find tables one and two.
I appreciate all the insightful posts and posters.

I would like to see the actual filing re abuse from CINP. (Is that the name?) We just read a rundown on MSM. There could be more.

I did see that, it said JO requested the check on 2/14/2015, and that "Lucas was fine."

The entry is still there, its the first part of the timeline portion of the article.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I see now, 2015 not 2018. But odd that it was another Valentine's Day that she felt the need to check and I wonder why.

I see now, 2015 not 2018. But odd that it was another Valentine's Day that she felt the need to check and I wonder why.

Caught my attention too. It also indicated to me suspicion of abuse. My Gosh! Lucas was only 2! And let's not forget in the newest update in MSM there was mention of the 1 year old maybe also being abused.

No offence to WS members, but posts stating something as fact without a link to substantiate have been removed. Responses have also been removed because it was obvious it was being regurgitated as fact.

Remember this when it comes to fact at WS ... no link, no post.

Thread is open again.

:wave:

This case has got to be a nightmare to mod. Thank you for your hard work.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Jonathan told me he got a message from Emily after she called the police on the 17th (around 6:15 p.m.) He then notified his employer, made arrangements, packed and was on the road by 8:00 p.m.

FWIW - I believe him

This is good to know. Thank you.

Debate might be a great thing now while this is fresh. I have been very impressed with the general compassion and supreme intelligence on this site. After working with a former female governor from Alaska I am amazed.

Anyway. I’m going to look at a new phone and in the meantime. Here’s what I’ve been trying to post.
I posted this early in the thread and it hasn't been removed as of yet. Navigation is simple to locate the State of Kansa.

• Use this link to locate a state-by-state email link to state and federal house representatives, senate, legislators, governors including President Trump.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think policies and procedures limit what can and can’t be done in some circumstances. There’s not a one size fits all when it comes to child protection and family services. I would like to see bringing common sense back to the table.

• I see now, 2015 not 2018. But odd that it was another Valentine's Day that she felt the need to check and I wonder why.

Just to be clear, this was not a misprint? I did think it was, that JO wanted the a check on Lucas on VD-2018? It was 2015 and 2018 and both times happened to be on Feb. 14, 2015 and 2018?

OMG, it is clear as day what happened (of course MOO) when you see this timeline now! The injuries he sustained at the end of January were severe and continued to cause him medical distress. He was complaining of a stomach ache, this was more, I am guessing he succumbed to those injuries just after he was seen in the window. He did not have a "stomach virus" he was suffering from internal injuries. Maybe there was one final blow :(

Terrible to think of how this little one suffered at the hands of anger and rage.

Yes this is exactly what I’m thinking as well. If this is determined to be the case and Lucas was actually examined by a medical provider I would think a lawsuit would follow.

Response as to reason judge allowed report to become public;

1. Family feelings and likelihood of future legal filings

2. To show that le has been working diligently

3. To allow for this report to be referenced in upcoming hearing in 4/16 supporting EG remaining right where she is

4. To support keeping her two oldest children away from her.

5. Hopefully seeing it on the front page will shake up those who think she is innocent or not capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member