GUILTY MI - Lost Teen Narrowly Escapes Being Shot, Rochester Hills, Apr 2018

And so will mine, for better or worse. This attitude is why there can never be a good conversation or any sort of reconciliation. I would be willing, I do see both sides, a teen shot at, and a frightened man doing the shooting. I am able to put myself in the shoes of both and call a truce, a dialogue. Until everyone is ready to see both sides, this will go on and on.

But there's no equivalence between the two points of view you're 'seeing'. The teen is lost and wanting directions, the adult with the gun is irrational and violent. This isn't a community at war so there's no need for a truce and dialogue either - a nice, hefty prison sentence for the violent nut with the gun should do the trick.

I pray that people can cleanse their hearts of the infection that has been placed in the psyches of America. By blatant acts such as covenants and redlining to the protrayal of certain people as criminals on TV and movies. Hopefully people will realize that this causes sickness in their soul and they will wish to become whole, not contaminated with hate and paranoia.

That parents of children who are not white have to explain to them on how to try to stay alive is heart wrenching.

Going back to the first article in post #1, I blame the stupid b (imo) that answered the knock on her door for starting this whole mess and directing it the way it went.

"I got to the house, and I knocked on the lady's door. Then she started yelling at me and she was like, 'Why are you trying to break into my house?' I was trying to explain to her that I was trying to get directions to Rochester High. And she kept yelling at me. Then the guy came downstairs, and he grabbed the gun, I saw it and started to run. And that's when I heard the gunshot," he says.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loc...fter-asking-for-directions-in-rochester-hills

Men come to my door on a fairly regular basis - looking to paint, cut the grass etc. I always open a window first and speak to them - and then decide what, if anything, I want to do. I don't yell and go nuts. Imo the female weirdo (again imo) in this story was looking for trouble and not interested in why the person knocked on her door. I'm under the impression she wanted her 'hero' man to 'rescue' her - bored, wicked woman imo.

Too bad her actions are not deemed to be a crime. Her husbands actions in response her perceived 'distress' are an atrocious crime. His bond strikes me a little low - jmo.

But there's no equivalence between the two points of view you're 'seeing'. The teen is lost and wanting directions, the adult with the gun is irrational and violent. This isn't a community at war so there's no need for a truce and dialogue either - a nice, hefty prison sentence for the violent nut with the gun should do the trick.

What in the heck? A truce about what? A dialogue about what?

What in the heck? A truce about what? A dialogue about what?

I don't know. I've never seen anyone suggest a truce and dialogue between a criminal and their victim before on this forum.

Going back to the first article in post #1, I blame the stupid b (imo) that answered the knock on her door for starting this whole mess and directing it the way it went.

"I got to the house, and I knocked on the lady's door. Then she started yelling at me and she was like, 'Why are you trying to break into my house?' I was trying to explain to her that I was trying to get directions to Rochester High. And she kept yelling at me. Then the guy came downstairs, and he grabbed the gun, I saw it and started to run. And that's when I heard the gunshot," he says.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loc...fter-asking-for-directions-in-rochester-hills

Men come to my door on a fairly regular basis - looking to paint, cut the grass etc. I always open a window first and speak to them - and then decide what, if anything, I want to do. I don't yell and go nuts. Imo the female weirdo (again imo) in this story was looking for trouble and not interested in why the person knocked on her door. I'm under the impression she wanted her 'hero' man to 'rescue' her - bored, wicked woman imo.

Too bad her actions are not deemed to be a crime. Her husbands actions in response her perceived 'distress' are an atrocious crime. His bond strikes me a little low - jmo.

I wonder if they are suffering from dementia? That is so irrational. They were both in their house.

It does not matter for him because he needs to go to prison. She needs to be examined. There is something seriously wrong there

A nice hefty prison sentence, and Trayvon Martin was just hurrying home with skittles. Please. Until we can all get real and admit there is crime and wrongdoing on both sides, this crap will go on and on and on, ad infinitum.

The teen was "lost" and the guy with the gun was "irrational and violent". LOL, nice try. What I see is a man frightened by crime, not ready to be the next victim.

Look, there are 2 sides to every story. I don't have the "truth" from either side, and neither do you. All we have is what you read in the papers/internet. If we dig a little/lot, I'll betcha we could come up with more dirt/excuses for both sides. Why don't we cut the crap and tell it like it is? Black crime is on the rise and whites have lost all trust. What we need is true, realistic dialogue, not blame or virtue signaling.

A nice hefty prison sentence, and Trayvon Martin was just hurrying home with skittles. Please. Until we can all get real and admit there is crime and wrongdoing on both sides, this crap will go on and on and on, ad infinitum.

The teen was "lost" and the guy with the gun was "irrational and violent". LOL, nice try. What I see is a man frightened by crime, not ready to be the next victim.

Look, there are 2 sides to every story. I don't have the "truth" from either side, and neither do you. All we have is what you read in the papers/internet. If we dig a little/lot, I'll betcha we could come up with more dirt/excuses for both sides. Why don't we cut the crap and tell it like it is? Black crime is on the rise and whites have lost all trust. What we need is true, realistic dialogue, not blame or virtue signaling.

Exactly. The figures on white on white crime are concerning, The way they get off is something that must be examined. Like the DuPont heir who sex abused his three year old child but was too rich to have to be subjected to the imadequate life in a prison. Or the boys that get such light sentences for rape.

In Minnesota, a white man killed his 90 year old grandparents who he was living with, They had bailed him out of jail. Makes you scared to be a white grandparent!

And all of these school shooters! Although they don’t disciminate when they kill so technically is it white on white crime? Now when I go to a hotel, I try to guess if some of that luggage is filled with weapons. I try not to be paranoid of whites, but there is no profile so I am not sure how to narrow my fear down to reality

I wonder if they are suffering from dementia? That is so irrational. They were both in their house.

It does not matter for him because he needs to go to prison. She needs to be examined. There is something seriously wrong there

Doubting dementia in both - from what I read, they are a rather typical American couple. Hopefully not a majority, but rather typical in their thinking and perceptions.

Sadly, I'm assuming they exercised their right to bear and raise children.

Doubting dementia in both - from what I read, they are a rather typical American couple. Hopefully not a majority, but rather typical in their thinking and perceptions.

Sadly, I'm assuming they exercised their right to bear and raise children.

I don’t know how average they are. I am retired and I don’t have friends like that. But I know people with dementia get very paranoid, The reaction is too bizarre

And there it is - black vs white in America. No discussion before shooting - just see a skin color and act on that alone.

Pathetic. A situation created and maintained by .......

White crime is on the rise too, or does that not matter? If it was a white teen who went to a home owned by a black couple and they shot at him, would you be using the rise in white crime as an excuse for their behaviour? I note that you're confidently expecting 'dirt' to be dug up on the black teen btw.

And anyway, the vast majority of crime in America is intra racial, and not inter racial so its the white criminals you should be more afraid of. Meanwhile, we do indeed need blame in this case - and its quite clear where the blame lies.

And there it is - black vs white in America. No discussion before shooting - just see a skin color and act on that alone.

Pathetic. A situation created and maintained by .......

Good analysis. I think you are right, but with the age of these people, I think the incredible paranoia has an enhanced element. Dementia, Being retired, I am friends with people my age and I see paranoia in some. They had hatred in their hearts towards POC already, but as they age, they have gotten more paranoid and unreasonable.

But I am seeing it through my elderly eyes, so I may be way off on this

Good analysis. I think you are right, but with the age of these people, I think the incredible paranoia has an enhanced element. Dementia, Being retired, I am friends with people my age and I see paranoia in some. They had hatred in their hearts towards POC already, but as they age, they have gotten more paranoid and unreasonable.

But I am seeing it through my elderly eyes, so I may be way off on this

I definitely see your point, however using their age is giving too much credit imo. Hatred is the core imo - from their own upbringing to now. One doesn't wake up one day and hate - it seems to need time to simmer and get ripe.

Most livable: America’s 50 best cities to live in

14. Rochester Hills, Michigan

> Population: 73,418
> Median home value: $294,200
> Poverty rate: 6.0% (bottom 10%)
> Pct. with at least a bachelor’s degree: 57.3% (top 10%)

One of the largest indicators of quality of life is education. High school students in Rochester Hills test better than students in any city in MIchigan other than Troy or Ann Arbor, and 57.3% of adults have at least a bachelor’s degree — far more than the 31.3% of adults nationwide.

Rochester HIlls is also largely devoid of the violent crime that plagues much of the Detroit metro area. There were 72 violent crimes reported per 100,000 residents in 2016, a fraction of the national violent crime rate of 386 incidents reported per 100,000 Americans. While in neighboring Detroit crime and economic decline have reduced the value of a typical home from $91,700 in 2006 to $43,500 today, homes in Rochester Hills have continued to appreciate. The typical home in the city is worth $294,200 today, an increase of $15,000 from 10 years ago and roughly $90,000 more than the U.S. median home value.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...eable-americas-50-best-cities-live/761013001/

What was the teen doing wrong in this case? And TM was trying to get home with his skittles. IMO

Not seeing much of a difference between this Rochester resident and someone that walks into a public place and randomly shoots people. A bank account balance doesn't seem to matter. Jmo.

This guy randomly fired his gun and missed - what if a suburban parent(s) was walking by with their child in a stroller and the bullet hit the parent(s) or the child? He didn't stop to think first. He didn't seem to care. He didn't seem to think there would be consequences. He did seem to think he should act on his thought.

This guy had a gun and just 'had' to fire it due to the 'opportunity' he 'thought' he had. Some may find my perception between the two off - but the thinking and opportunity seem the same imo.

Since I wasn't there and haven't seen the video, I will assume that the kid just knocked on the door because he was lost and needed directions. Why the woman thought he was trying to break into the house is curious. Did he do anything to make her suspect that he was a burglar? Probably not, so why did this escalate so quickly?

The couple could talk to him through the door, they didn't have to open it and if they thought he was dangerous, they could have called 911 and waited in their house, with gun in hand, until LE arrived.

Shooting at a fleeing suspect is never ok.

It bothers me that people automatically assume that the couple was motivated to act this way just because the kid is black and would not have acted so irresponsibly had it been a white kid. That is trying to get into the mind of the homeowner and none of us are equipped to do that.

More likely these 2 are a bubble off center to start with since they used extremely poor judgment.

Imagine the story if there was no mention of race in it. What would you think? "Crazy homeowner who does not need to have guns in his home" comes to mind. But, throw the kids skin color into it and it automatically become a hate crime? BS. The shooter is just a dangerous nut job and that is enough to send him for some R&R in the county motel.

Oh, and it isn't just parents of black kids who have to warn their youngsters of the dangers out in the world. Everyone has to do it because anyone can become a victim in a nano second. And, if you think that white people are not targeted because of their skin color, you have lost touch with reality.

Our 'leaders' thrive on keeping us fearing and fighting each other over our differences. We should reject them and their plan to label and group us. In my experience on this planet for over 6 decades, I have noticed one truth - we don't hate each other. We don't hate each other based on our differences. We are pretty much a 'live and let live' people. Yes, we have some screw balls, but they are few and far between.

I am sick of hearing about race. It's been a non-stop topic for my entire life, it is boring and used to pull our culture apart at the seams. Don't bite. It is bad bait.

Meanwhile, 325 million people did not get shot at when they knocked on a door or cut someone off in traffic or at the school car line.

People who are inconvenienced by hearing about race all the time - I wonder if they have any idea, if they could even imagine, what it's like to deal with systemic racism every day.

It would never occur to me to tell someone who is suffering to shut up, I'm sick of hearing about their problems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back