Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

Dumb *advertiser censored* writers at the Sun. Of course he is going to appeal. The guy is stuck in prison, has nothing to lose.

Dumb *advertiser censored*. That 70’s show. Couldn’t resist. :loveyou:

Dumb *advertiser censored* writers at the Sun. Of course he is going to appeal. The guy is stuck in prison, has nothing to lose.
Uhhhhhh
Did you read where the "dumb *advertiser censored* writer" said, "...There was no doubt he’d appeal...."
and gave better reasoning than "stuck in prison"?
I'm sure the writer would love to respond...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So, the tax payers? Hopefully not.

Of course, in this case, the thought of paying for this appeal is absolutely nauseating, but if we are to have a system of justice that is equitable to both the rich and the poor, then we need this to be publicly funded. Otherwise we will find our prisons over represented by the poor who don't have access to justice.

I doubt that DM wins the right to this appeal. Didn't the judge sermonize to DM about his decision to represent himself? DM knew what he was signing up for. After all, this wasn't his first walk around the block.

I believe it is the Justice system that covers the cost of appeals if your incarcerated. They also have the right to refuse to hear an appeal case if the grounds for appeal are without substance.
https://www.legalline.ca/legal-answers/appealing-a-criminal-conviction/

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I believe he would have to pay for his own appellate lawyer fees or apply for legal aid to do so. Legal Aid is not required to accept, even for the truly indigent. Michael Rafferty applied and was denied 4 times. His lawyer fought this and ultimately the attorney general paid his lawyer fees. His appeal was subsequently denied, just as DM's probably will be. Those delays, his refusal to hire a lawyer, and the fact that he always had access to funds to pay for an attorney were well documented.

https://globalnews.ca/news/1059060/government-paying-for-michael-rafferty-appeal/

MOO

I believe he would have to pay for his own appellate lawyer fees or apply for legal aid to do so. Legal Aid is not required to accept, even for the truly indigent. Michael Rafferty applied and was denied 4 times. His lawyer fought this and ultimately the attorney general paid his lawyer fees. His appeal was subsequently denied, just as DM's probably will be. Those delays, his refusal to hire a lawyer, and the fact that he always had access to funds to pay for an attorney were well documented.

https://globalnews.ca/news/1059060/government-paying-for-michael-rafferty-appeal/

MOO
I was trying to remember this case but it wouldn't come to mind. Ironically, I moved to Woodstock 2 weeks ago where he committed some of his offences.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/imaloser.html

"I'm A Loser"

I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be

Of all the love I have won or have lost
There is one love I should never have crossed
She was a girl in a million, my friend
I should have known she would win in the end

I'm a loser
And I lost someone who's near to me
I'm a loser

Although I laugh and I act like a clown
Beneath this mask I am wearing a frown
My tears are falling like rain from the sky
Is it for her or myself that I cry

I'm a loser
I'm a loser

What have I done to deserve such a fate
I realize I have left it too late
And so it's true, pride comes before a fall
I'm telling you so that you won't lose all

I'm a loser
I'm a loser

I might be sick.

He (or whoever created this) is actually using the DM news headlines as Instagram posts?

IMHO, he is a twisted sick #$&@ ... I cannot fathom anyone being so proud of the atrocities he has been a part of. Why oh why do people like him exist ... can’t be called a human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO, he is a twisted sick #$&@ ... I cannot fathom anyone being so proud of the atrocities he has been a part of. Why oh why do people like him exist ... can’t be called a human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly my sentiment. I'm truly disgusted.

He's telling people he'll be out in 8 months.
Some hard working people of this province are unable to afford internet in their home. This gets free meals, clothing, roof over head and internet usage.
This makes my blood boil. (All my opinion)

Some hard working people of this province are unable to afford internet in their home. This gets free meals, clothing, roof over head and internet usage.
This makes my blood boil. (All my opinion)

He doesn't have internet usage. Someone else almost certainly posted this.

If MWJ had anything to do with this, which I doubt he does, it could seriously affect his chances of parole.

He doesn't have internet usage. Someone else almost certainly posted this.

If MWJ had anything to do with this, which I doubt he does, it could seriously affect his chances of parole.
He may not be posting anything himself, but he could easily be involved.

He may not be posting anything himself, but he could easily be involved.

He could be involved.

He could be not involved.

And if it's the latter, why do you think he would engage in behaviour that would jeapordize his chances of parole?

He has maintained for years that people have been impersonating him on social media, and there is evidence this might indeed be the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back