Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The total for the improvements for the entire property. The shop itself is only valued at $29,000 and some change. Is that what you’re looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What sort of improvements? And when did they occur? Surely insurance would have paid for the damages from the fire. It just seems like a lot of money to owe when he owned the house outright. And especially at their ages.
That is only my opinion. But she's going to have to pay off that loan after she sells the house. And as I've said before,
the house seems imo to be overpriced.
I suspect it will continue to drop. In my opinion. She is not going to net much.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

What sort of improvements? And when did they occur? Surely insurance would have paid for the damages from the fire. It just seems like a lot of money to owe when he owned the house outright. And especially at their ages.
That is only my opinion. But she's going to have to pay off that loan after she sells the house. And as I've said before,
the house seems imo to be overpriced.
I suspect it will continue to drop. In my opinion. She is not going to net much.

The sales price for the house is almost a hundred grand over priced.

They didn’t own the house outright. It’s still owed on.

Improvements are the shop, garage, any fencing, if they added a new AC unit, the nice patio that was put in, etc. Basically anything outside of the house structure, and anything added to the house structure.

In the information that IMHO posted, it shows the shop as valued at just over $29,000.

EMS always brought in the suicide notes of any patients admitted to our psychiatric unit through the ER. Those were placed in the patients' charts.

I would agree, it was about one third, maybe a bit more, who wrote notes.

The majority of the notes were of patients who were trying to explain their actions. They also expressed love and concern for their loved ones, reassuring them it was not their fault. They told them they were sorry they had been such a burden on them. They felt everyone would be better off without them.

There were occasional nasty ones, along the line of "Well, I hope you're happy now. You've driven me to the point I can't take it one more minute!" Those were few.

Some notes were very short, written on a post-it note, and some were 6 page missives.

Some were scribbled and some were typed out.

The note itself was not any indication to the severity of the suicide attempt.

Personally, I was always glad ( not the right word ) to have them. They gave me better insight into that patient's mindset at that particular time...

JMO
Yes, I would agree with that.

My fella is old school, and so am I. I do the laundry. That’s my job. But not all relationship dynamics are like that. Maybe there was something that needed to be washed that day, and he was asked to handle it. Who really knows.

Completely off topic but I’m pretty sure you and I would be best friends in the “offline” world lol! My husband and I are also old school. He works a manual labor job 7 days a week. I cook, clean, take our trash etc. now if I asked him he would do it but I rarely ever ask. Even when I had a broken hand after having a newborn baby. I’m also not one to want much help in general though. My way is better type of thing.

Anyways back to MC- im catching up so once that’s done, I’ll have something constructive to say.

The sales price for the house is almost a hundred grand over priced.

They didn’t own the house outright. It’s still owed on.

Improvements are the shop, garage, any fencing, if they added a new AC unit, the nice patio that was put in, etc. Basically anything outside of the house structure, and anything added to the house structure.

In the information that IMHO posted, it shows the shop as valued at just over $29,000.

I noticed when I read the specs on the house and the garage, no AC was listed anywhere.
Is it cool enough where they live that they can do without A.C.? I can't imagine in this day and age that a property they are asking $350,000
wouldn't have central air.

I noticed when I read the specs on the house and the garage, no AC was listed anywhere.
Is it cool enough where they live that they can do without A.C.? I can't imagine in this day and age that a property they are asking $350,000
wouldn't have central air.

The AC was just an example of what improvements are.

From all accounts his was the main income between his pensions and retirement job. Hers was the extra money.

Well, in that case, maybe you can understand why she was so concerned abouy finances and how she was going to pay his truck payment, her car payment, the loan payment and who knows what other payments she'd have to make!

Well, in that case, maybe you can understand why she was so concerned abouy finances and how she was going to pay his truck payment, her car payment, the loan payment and who knows what other payments she'd have to make!

But she really didn’t lose much income. So no, I don’t.

I need to go back to Meeks stating that when they received the call that MC was missing, they pinged his phone and it was by the bridge, on the bridge, whatever BS he was giving us- if that was the case .... why did no one go to the bridge that night when the phone pinged there?? Any takers! I’d love to get a good explanation for this load of crap!

Adding: thanks nannymo for bringing this part of the interview up- I had forgot all about it!

I need to go back to Meeks stating that when they received the call that MC was missing, they pinged his phone and it was by the bridge, on the bridge, whatever BS he was giving us- if that was the case .... why did no one go to the bridge that night when the phone pinged there?? Any takers! I’d love to get a good explanation for this load of crap!

Adding: thanks nannymo for bringing this part of the interview up- I had forgot all about it!

Yes!!! This!

Notes are left in only 1/3 of suicides.
It is a myth that notes are always left.

I will find the articles and post.

I was not aware of that statistic so thank you for pointing it out :)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Reminder,

Please do not personalize posts, per TOS. Scroll and roll if you cannot respond with respect (and without snark) to another poster.

If you truly cannot stand to read a certain member's posts or if you feel that you cannot resist responding to a certain member in a way that provokes the other member, please utilize the helpful "Ignore" feature.

We all want this thread to remain open, but you, the posters, have the power to keep it open or to ensure it gets closed.

This post lands at random.

:tyou:

Reminder,

Please do not personalize posts, per TOS. Scroll and roll if you cannot respond with respect (and without snark) to another poster.

If you truly cannot stand to read a certain member's posts or if you feel that you cannot resist responding to a certain member in a way that provokes the other member, please utilize the helpful "Ignore" feature.

We all want this thread to remain open, but you, the posters, have the power to keep it open or to ensure it gets closed.

This post lands at random.

:tyou:

Thank you!

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, and I apologize for that. Don't mean to be blowing up the thread the way I have recently.

But honestly, I could see MC not paying one single bit of attention to the laundry pile, until she pointed it out. Not a deliberate attempt to not help out with laundry, but just that it may not have even crossed his mind.

JMO

See, I disagree, Our VI has said that MC was very clean, orderly and everything had its place. I can't see him letting laundry pile up. I absolutely think he would 'do a load' if it was right there.

It wouldn’t surprise me if MC did most of the laundry-meticulously by the looks of his cars-since retirement. BC worked so why not?

I wasn't able to view Meek's video interview but did read some transcript. My own take on what he said was that HCSO didn't have the MC phone analysis/data ( at least, not all of it) until about 8 months in- and that's why and when detectives went back to the shop to look around more carefully, and got the infamous bike info. If I remember correctly, I believe they DID have a possible phone "ping" but no triangulation, and it wasn't solid enough info to base a search on- or something like that. I don't know when they first searched by that bridge, or if he ever said when they did. It sure would have been nice to have been able to search there much sooner.

At any rate, I think that detailed timeline and movement of the phone, having another look-see at the shop, and the development of the "bike theory" as one possibility, were closely linked and occurred at the same time, 8 months in.

Tripod, you're so right about suicidal people. I worked on an adult, inpatient, locked psychiatric unit in a regular hospital for 15 years. Obviously, all of our suicidal patients survived their attempts.

You're correct. Many families were completely blindsided. Stated there were no outward signs at all.

Suicidal people will only show you what they want you to know.

However, what I noted was that once they made their plan, nothing was going to stop it. They would move heaven and earth, so to speak, to insure that their plan would go off without a hitch.

They left very little to chance.

I never saw anyone who was sincerely suicidal, and yet was lackadaisical in their approach to it.

So, in my opinion, if MC was suicidal and had made his plan to kill himself that day, for him to throw in an offer to do laundry for her first, would not fit in any suicide criteria I have ever observed.

I repeat, suicidal people with a specific plan, are not open at all to anything that would change it. Especially a factor under their own control.

Offering to do her laundry seals the deal for me. Doesn't mean I expect everyone else to agree with me. We're all entitled to interpret the information our own way.

As you say too, there really are confounding cases of suicide we've seen here at WS.

I just don't think MC is one of them...

JMO

Have you ever known of anyone, in your experience, who perhaps had thoughts of suicide in the back of their mind for a while, but then chose a day, time, place rather on the spur of the moment? I agree that the majority of folks would plan, decide and act as you have said, but is there a subset of folks who might not invest as much time in their planning, and just up and proceed one day? Ugh- I'm not making my question very clear... sorry 'bout that!

He keeps using the incorrect terminology. And that can be very confusing to people. “Ping” is what a cell signal does off of cell towers. It takes expert training and skill to analyze, and decipher the cell phone tower information. The result of a Ping is going to give you an approximate area that said phone is located in. That’s provided that the information has been properly read and analyzed. There are a lot of variables in analyzing phone location data.

RM is talking about the GPS signal. The GPS signal ends when the battery on the phone dies. The GPS can pinpoint the location of a phone in most cases.

A local yokel agency like HCSO is not going to have the ability to do either of these things.

The only thing that I can think of that could have been used would be IPhone Find My Friends app. You can share your location with your contacts for a certain timeframe, or indefinitely. But the tracked phone has to give permission to be tracked before you can track the location. If this was launched, someone on the receiving end with MC’s phone would have had to say Yes to access. And chances are if this app was being used already on his phone, then BC could have probably looked to see where he/his phone was before she rode around the property on a golf cart, and called 911.

Say the dispatcher did track the phone, and it was at the bridge....then why was the Sheriff adamant that MC was in the pond across the street from the property the weekend of the disappearance? He really needs to pick a story, and stick with it, and probably watch more ID Channel to get more believable information when he makes this stuff up.

Meeks definitely uses the wrong words and isn't square on his info pretty often. It's not his strong suit...

If I understand it correctly, a phone's GPS signal has to do with Wi-Fi connections, and is it true that even when a battery dies, an otherwise dead smartphone can still connect with WiFi, IF it's located close to said Wifi connection? At least for a short period of time? Hoping Klein can and will explain some of this in near future.

Her sister in law was there to take care of her, and help out during her recovery. Was she not doing laundry? I would think that the household chores were current for the most part. The laundry request is a strange one.

I think this is the first I've heard of BC's SIL staying at their home? Is there any more info as to how long she was there, or is that not available?

Meeks definitely uses the wrong words and isn't square on his info pretty often. It's not his strong suit...

If I understand it correctly, a phone's GPS signal has to do with Wi-Fi connections, and is it true that even when a battery dies, an otherwise dead smartphone can still connect with WiFi, IF it's located close to said Wifi connection? At least for a short period of time? Hoping Klein can and will explain some of this in near future.

It’s my understanding that when the battery is dead, it’s a done deal. There’s nothing after that. I posted a link to an article a couple of weeks ago. I’ll see if I can figure out how to find it again on here. It was very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member