Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the first I've heard of BC's SIL staying at their home? Is there any more info as to how long she was there, or is that not available?

I’m not sure that I can quote it since there’s no link for it that we can use. I just know that she was down from Oklahoma to be there with BC during her recovery. I’m not sure how long, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This may be of some interest:
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/08/02/how-tech-tracks-missing-people.html

How tech tracks missing people

The case of missing Oregon mom Jennifer Huston has shone a spotlight on technology’s crucial role in locating missing people -- as well its limitations.

While cellphone location technologies can quickly find people, the trail effectively ends when a device is out of power.

Communications expert John B. Minor, who is based in Odessa, Texas and who has assisted in suspected murder cases and attempts to locate lost hikers, describes the scenario as a race against time. “If the battery is exhausted, there is no general tracking,” he told FoxNews.com.

Huston, a 38-year-old mother of two, was last seen on a surveillance camera leaving a gas station in the Portland suburb of Newberg on July 24, prompting a massive search.

Capt. Jeff Kosmicki of the Newberg-Dundee Police Department told FoxNews.com that the last cellphone tower pinged by Huston’s phone was north of the gas station. Her phone shut off at approximately 6.35pm, although investigators don’t know if the battery died or the phone was turned off.

<modsnip>

Here’s the link that I had previously posted about cell phone tracking.

I need to go back to Meeks stating that when they received the call that MC was missing, they pinged his phone and it was by the bridge, on the bridge, whatever BS he was giving us- if that was the case .... why did no one go to the bridge that night when the phone pinged there?? Any takers! I’d love to get a good explanation for this load of crap!

Adding: thanks nannymo for bringing this part of the interview up- I had forgot all about it!
I believe that SM said they pinged his phone through their 911 dispatcher system and it pinged in the area of the bridge. The VI explained that they were not able to triangulate the pings that night so it was inconclusive. 8 months later a phone expert hired by the first PI got more phone data and analyzed it.
How terribly frustrating for the family.
I have assumed they couldn't triangulate it that night because they couldn't get pings off at least 3 towers.

I’m not sure that I can quote it since there’s no link for it that we can use. I just know that she was down from Oklahoma to be there with BC during her recovery. I’m not sure how long, etc.

Do you believe BC was at home, off work, unable to drive for a total of 6 weeks?

Have you ever known of anyone, in your experience, who perhaps had thoughts of suicide in the back of their mind for a while, but then chose a day, time, place rather on the spur of the moment? I agree that the majority of folks would plan, decide and act as you have said, but is there a subset of folks who might not invest as much time in their planning, and just up and proceed one day? Ugh- I'm not making my question very clear... sorry 'bout that!

Thanks for the question. Yes, impulsive suicide attempts are common. An extreme triggering event on it's own can cause it in susceptible people. Responding in the moment.

Generally though, those people fall into a couple of categories from my observations. They're either drug/alcohol related, coupled with a triggering event, which after sobering up, they realize and regret the danger of their actions. Or they are acute psychotic breaks, loss of contact with reality, ( hearing voices, etc. )

They're very dangerous because the person can be dead without ever realizing the severity of their actions.

I'm convinced some of them are undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder, of which this can be one of the characteristics.

Many impulsive suicide attempts are not genuine attempts but are termed suicidal gestures by the medical profession. These are people who do NOT want to die, but are crying out for help. Those who call 911 to report they've overdosed when they've taken a couple extra antibiotic pills. Or those who say they've cut their wrists, yet only made scratches.

For them the medical response team is the equivalent of 'The Cavalry is Coming!' They're trying to let everyone know they really need help.

The people though most at risk from dying of suicide are the planners. The more detailed and specific the plan, the more lethal the results.

These people have a singular focus and purpose. They have made their decision, and often are more light-hearted as they await the unfolding because they know their pain will soon be over.

Those are the ones of whom I was referring. They make their plan, and leave nothing to chance. They do not have the attitude of, 'Well, if I can't do it today, maybe tomorrow will work out...'

Yes, they may end up doing it another day because of unforeseen circumstances, but once they have nailed down their plan, they are not easily deterred at all.

When their plans do get derailed, they are beyond irate. As you can imagine, they are incredibly enraged when they discover we have saved their lives. There is no fury like that of the rescued suicidal patient!

Our hope was that with treatment they would gain insight and eventually be grateful they had a second chance. But we learned to never expect appreciation.

Yet, we always realized it was the illness speaking.

With MC, his reported behavior does not raise a single red flag for me. There is nothing that I can spot and recognize as danger signals.

Yes, there were risk factors which have been enumerated by others. On paper they look daunting too.

But in my opinion, they don't translate over to suicidal behavior by MC.

My gut says he was killed by others...

JMO

See, I disagree, Our VI has said that MC was very clean, orderly and everything had its place. I can't see him letting laundry pile up. I absolutely think he would 'do a load' if it was right there.

I vowed I'd stay away from making any more laundry comments. ;)

But yes, you're more than likely correct about that. Laundry piling up would not have been part of his personality.

At any rate, I don't think it was meant by him as anything but a helpful gesture...

JMO

Do you believe BC was at home, off work, unable to drive for a total of 6 weeks?

Me personally? No. But I’m the kind of person who goes back to work a week after an emergency c-section, and has been known to nurse a broken leg for a couple of days before seeking medical attention. So I’m not sure that I would be the person to ask that. Lol

Yes! It takes so much paperwork and red tape to ping someone’s phone doesn’t it? How would they have done it that fast?
Warrants are not necessary when they have reason to believe life may be in danger. The phone carriers cooperate and paperwork is done later. I'm not sure what Hunt County's 911 dispatch system can provide but apparently they felt like it would have been able to locate his phone.
As I understand a normal 911 system, when you call 911 their system is essentially calling you back as you speak and that gives them data on your location based on it hitting the cell towers. In a missing person, 911 calls the number directly and does the same thing they would do if a 911 call is made.
With MC phone that night I think we were told that they only got it off one or 2 towers when it went dead or off. To actually locate it they need 3 or more towers. I have wondered if someone saw the phone and it ringing with HCSO caller ID and quickly turned it off before it could connect. Or if it was a process trying to get it to connect off that 3rd tower that took a while and coincidentally it went off before that could occur.

Me personally? No. But I’m the kind of person who goes back to work a week after an emergency c-section, and has been known to nurse a broken leg for a couple of days before seeking medical attention. So I’m not sure that I would be the person to ask that. Lol

Do we know when she broke her wrist?
Just wondering how long the SIL was there and how the recovery lined up with the final 3 weeks MC was said to be depressed.

But yes, you're more than likely correct about that. Laundry piling up would not have been part of his personality.

At any rate, I don't think it was meant by him as anything but a helpful gesture...

JMO
There are just 2 of us so laundry isnt ever piling up and sometimes we do a load just because we want to wear something specific the next day and it's dirty. They were going to grandson's soccer game the next morning and maybe had something specific to wear or a blanket to take. But it would be interesting to know what was washed. Like with Sherin Mathews, her father had apparently put any incriminating clothes or bedding in the washer before he reported her missing. It is suspicious when someone over-reports, providing additional unnecessary information that was not asked. Similar to the conflicting details she provided for the Wal-Mart purchase.

There are just 2 of us so laundry isnt ever piling up and sometimes we do a load just because we want to wear something specific the next day and it's dirty. They were going to grandson's soccer game the next morning and maybe had something specific to wear or a blanket to take. But it would be interesting to know what was washed. Like with Sherin Mathews, her father had apparently put any incriminating clothes or bedding in the washer before he reported her missing. It is suspicious when someone over-reports, providing additional unnecessary information that was not asked. Similar to the conflicting details she provided for the Wal-Mart purchase.

I agree with this- she was overly reporting info that didn’t need reported- like stating about the laundry he had offer to do. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s everything. No one will ever know because again, the evidence was never found at the jump because poor LE work !!! IMO!

JMO

And if suicide was ever on his mind, I’m not sure he would do any helpful gestures. I mean, if it were me I wouldn’t do a Walmart run, laundry, shower, If I was so sick of life I wouldn’t jump on a bike and pedal away to my death either - but I guess that’s just me. I’ve never contemplated suicide either so what the heck do I know!

So the garage was built right before
he retired in 2008. What do you suppose the $180,000 was for? A refinance maybe? A consolidation of debts? It looked like a 15 year loan.
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Wow, that mortgage would be paid off in just 5 years. So there is enough equity she should be able to refinance the balance and lower the payment so she could handle it fine. Didn't she get some of his pension too? Maybe selling the house isn't really due to financial distress.

Wow, that mortgage would be paid off in just 5 years. So there is enough equity she should be able to refinance the balance and lower the payment so she could handle it fine. Didn't she get some of his pension too? Maybe selling the house isn't really due to financial distress.

Perhaps too many memories in the home. We are all different, some will say they could never leave the home where all of their happy events occurred, but some can't live with the memory of the missing loved one day after day. I'd think that would be stronger IF that person had a hand in the loved one going away forever. MOO, JMO.
On the practical side, that is a whole lotta house for an old lady to be living in alone. Upkeep on the home, yard, major repairs, etc. may be more than she wants to deal with by herself. Yes, she could hire things done but that adds up, and for what? How many bedrooms does one person need? And, if you can get some cash out of the deal and set yourself up somewhere more manageable, why not?

After he disappeared, she was having a hard time walking through the 'hall of fame' that she created for him in the house. Maybe seeing 'ghosts'? If there are negative feelings attached to that house, one would be more likely to start anew elsewhere, right?

Perhaps too many memories in the home. We are all different, some will say they could never leave the home where all of their happy events occurred, but some can't live with the memory of the missing loved one day after day. I'd think that would be stronger IF that person had a hand in the loved one going away forever. MOO, JMO.
On the practical side, that is a whole lotta house for an old lady to be living in alone. Upkeep on the home, yard, major repairs, etc. may be more than she wants to deal with by herself. Yes, she could hire things done but that adds up, and for what? How many bedrooms does one person need? And, if you can get some cash out of the deal and set yourself up somewhere more manageable, why not?

After he disappeared, she was having a hard time walking through the 'hall of fame' that she created for him in the house. Maybe seeing 'ghosts'? If there are negative feelings attached to that house, one would be more likely to start anew elsewhere, right?
Yes she would have had several reasons for wanting to relocate. It's not a large house but 10 acres is too much for her alone. And if she works primarily in the Greenville area and hangs out at a bar there then it makes sense to live closer. She should get enough out of the sale to buy a smaller home with a small yard free and clear.

I see her ditching the house not just for monetary reasons, but because it was “his”. The property seems to me to be geared towards something that he was more comfortable in than she was. And also because Quinlan isn’t as close to her party places.

Thanks for the question. Yes, impulsive suicide attempts are common. An extreme triggering event on it's own can cause it in susceptible people. Responding in the moment.

Generally though, those people fall into a couple of categories from my observations. They're either drug/alcohol related, coupled with a triggering event, which after sobering up, they realize and regret the danger of their actions. Or they are acute psychotic breaks, loss of contact with reality, ( hearing voices, etc. )

They're very dangerous because the person can be dead without ever realizing the severity of their actions.

I'm convinced some of them are undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder, of which this can be one of the characteristics.

Many impulsive suicide attempts are not genuine attempts but are termed suicidal gestures by the medical profession. These are people who do NOT want to die, but are crying out for help. Those who call 911 to report they've overdosed when they've taken a couple extra antibiotic pills. Or those who say they've cut their wrists, yet only made scratches.

For them the medical response team is the equivalent of 'The Cavalry is Coming!' They're trying to let everyone know they really need help.

The people though most at risk from dying of suicide are the planners. The more detailed and specific the plan, the more lethal the results.

These people have a singular focus and purpose. They have made their decision, and often are more light-hearted as they await the unfolding because they know their pain will soon be over.

Those are the ones of whom I was referring. They make their plan, and leave nothing to chance. They do not have the attitude of, 'Well, if I can't do it today, maybe tomorrow will work out...'

Yes, they may end up doing it another day because of unforeseen circumstances, but once they have nailed down their plan, they are not easily deterred at all.

When their plans do get derailed, they are beyond irate. As you can imagine, they are incredibly enraged when they discover we have saved their lives. There is no fury like that of the rescued suicidal patient!

Our hope was that with treatment they would gain insight and eventually be grateful they had a second chance. But we learned to never expect appreciation.

Yet, we always realized it was the illness speaking.

With MC, his reported behavior does not raise a single red flag for me. There is nothing that I can spot and recognize as danger signals.

Yes, there were risk factors which have been enumerated by others. On paper they look daunting too.

But in my opinion, they don't translate over to suicidal behavior by MC.

My gut says he was killed by others...

JMO

Thank you for the additional explanations and expertise, Jazztune. Much appreciated!

I wasn't able to view Meek's video interview but did read some transcript. My own take on what he said was that HCSO didn't have the MC phone analysis/data ( at least, not all of it) until about 8 months in- and that's why and when detectives went back to the shop to look around more carefully, and got the infamous bike info. If I remember correctly, I believe they DID have a possible phone "ping" but no triangulation, and it wasn't solid enough info to base a search on- or something like that. I don't know when they first searched by that bridge, or if he ever said when they did. It sure would have been nice to have been able to search there much sooner.

At any rate, I think that detailed timeline and movement of the phone, having another look-see at the shop, and the development of the "bike theory" as one possibility, were closely linked and occurred at the same time, 8 months in.

RM states in his facebook live interview that the dispatcher pinged MC's phone right when they got the 911 call he was missing and it was in the vicinity of the 2 mile bridge. He pretty much stated it as fact, so we are all wondering why he didn't go immediately in that area and search. That is the stuff the Sheriff is throwing out that is not making good sense to anyone with half a brain. Why search around the house if the dispatcher pinged his phone close to 2 mile bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname