Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSABBM

I am certainly not a real estate or property tax professional, but according to the Hunt County Appraisal District and Hunt County Clerk Online Services websites, it appears the garage ("METAL BUILDING (EXCELLENT)" was built in 2006:

View attachment 132960

As to the "MAIN AREA," "GARAGE" AND "OPEN PORCH W/ROOF"(s), I remember our VI talking about a fire that took place at their home around the time of the project. IIRC, the fire was caused by a coffee maker that had been left turned on while MC and BC were both out of the house. I haven't been able to find the post yet but will continue to look. If the fire did happen, though, my guess is that those areas of the house had to be rebuilt afterwards.

It appears the project began around May 2006 and ended around March 2007:

View attachment 132962

View attachment 132963

The house was originally built in 2000, if I am looking at these documents correctly:

View attachment 132964

Sources:
http://esearch.hunt-cad.org/

https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

Thank you! Very informative. I see the independent value of the shop, and the other improvements, as well as the liens with the building amounts. Adding it all together, with the land, it seems reasonable. I do feel like the asking price is a bit much, though. If a buyer were to pay that, they would have to come up the cash difference in the appraisal amount, correct? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FF do have a much higher risk than Joe Citizen. I'm always glad to see it brought into the public light. Education is the first line of defense.

The biggest thing that keeps me away from that theory is no note to his family.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Notes are left in only 1/3 of suicides.
It is a myth that notes are always left.

I will find the articles and post.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

If you Google Love Triangle Murders you will find plenty too.
Just sayin'...

Most cases I have followed on WS that ended in suicide, the person left everything behind, including their phone. I wonder if there are any stats on those that leave everything versus those that don't.

Thanks IMHO. I feel you are making a point here but I don't know what it is.

Sorry, the Dense demons have hit.

I had actually looked into this stuff before but couldn’t remember all of the details (what was built and when), so I wanted to double-check.

And since I had the info handy, I thought I would share just in case anyone else was interested :).

ETA: And because I’m just nerdy like that!

I had actually looked into this stuff before but couldn’t remember all of the details (what was built and when), so I wanted to double-check.

And since I had the info handy, I thought I would share just in case anyone else was interested :).
So the garage was built right before
he retired in 2008. What do you suppose the $180,000 was for? A refinance maybe? A consolidation of debts? It looked like a 15 year loan.
What are your thoughts?

If you Google Love Triangle Murders you will find plenty too.
Just sayin'...
Yes, but the question was they didn't believe it was suicide because he didn't leave a note. I don't remember anyone asking the murder rate for triangle relationships. Just sayin'

So the garage was built right before
he retired in 2008. What do you suppose the $180,000 was for? A refinance maybe? A consolidation of debts? It looked like a 15 year loan.
What are your thoughts?

The total for the improvements for the entire property. The shop itself is only valued at $29,000 and some change. Is that what you’re looking at?

Yes, but the question was they didn't believe it was suicide because he didn't leave a note. I don't remember anyone asking the murder rate for triangle relationships. Just sayin'

They don’t believe it was suicide because they haven’t found any evidence of suicide. “They” being Klein and the Chambers family. A note or no note doesn’t have anything to do with it.

The laundry comment was an aha moment for me but for different reasons.

I've always been concerned what MC may have been doing between noon and 2:30.

But doing laundry he told BC he would do makes perfect sense to me. And, I'm sure that the laundry was dried and neatly folded. (I'm not sure he would have put it away or left it at the end of
the bed.) This kind of goes with my theory that he finished up chores that needed attending to. And the house was probably neat and tidy too.

If my husband's family were asked if my husband owned a bike, they would have no clue.

I wonder if retirement was harder for MC than his family is willing to admit. He may have been restless and underfoot, not having a routine that he had when he worked. I wonder if the bike was a gift from BC so he'd get out and about and get a little exercise.

But, maybe things got worse so she agreed to build his dream garage. Maybe he would be happier if he had his own place to work on cars. (I really would be interested in knowing what possessed them to do this. Especially with the loan they took out. But I can understand it if it was to help MC be happy.)

Many of my friends bemoan the day their husbands retired. These were men who had been very successful in their work life. But once that routine ended and adulation for a job well done
was no longer given, it changed them.
They became more dependent on their wives and basically underfoot, expected 3 meals a day, two of them hot meals. And no, none of them have committed suicide to my knowledge, but then, they had/have loving, faithful wives.

Thanks Razz for taking my words to heart. I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts.

You may indeed have nailed what had gone through MC's head at one time. I can easily see retirement being a huge adjustment after his FF days. Different pace and schedule.

But MC had been retired since 2008. That was already nine years ago at the time he disappeared. Quite a bit of time in my opinion to have made those mental adjustments.

I could see him falling into that pit more easily if he had little else, but I see him with a very busy and interesting life. His passion for his family and his classic cars was spoken of in many news articles I read.

I believe he built the garage because of that passion for his classic cars. Not because he was depressed. From my understanding too of IMHO's post, the garage was built before MC retired.

As for the phantom bike, I can't believe none of his family would have known about it if it truly existed.

In fact, his son-in-law, Suzy's husband is in the news video linked below. In it he is shown with one of MC's prized classic cars where he talks about how he and MC together rebuilt it. Would he have not seen the bike hanging on the wall?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/F...-Man-Continues-Quest-for-Clues-417872213.html

Also, wouldn't it be common knowledge in the family whether MC had ever ridden a bike? Trivia like that are what family members joke about at holidays and gatherings. Would they all have missed that? Wouldn't he himself have spoken up and said that he had indeed ridden a bike?

That part of the narrative makes no sense to me.

Yes, BC's outside life could not have been easy at all for him but I doubt if this would have been brand new knowledge for him. He had gone through marriage break up in the past.

Sure, he was older now, but he was sharp and very active. Hard for me to believe he handed over all his self-esteem to BC and gave her control over his decision to live or die.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. You're entitled to yours, and you have thought your opinion out carefully. Thank you for wording it so well. I believe your scenario could apply to many retired men.

No offense, but I just don't think it applies to him...

JMO

The laundry comment was an aha moment for me but for different reasons.

I've always been concerned what MC may have been doing between noon and 2:30.

But doing laundry he told BC he would do makes perfect sense to me. And, I'm sure that the laundry was dried and neatly folded. (I'm not sure he would have put it away or left it at the end of
the bed.) This kind of goes with my theory that he finished up chores that needed attending to. And the house was probably neat and tidy too.

If my husband's family were asked if my husband owned a bike, they would have no clue.

I wonder if retirement was harder for MC than his family is willing to admit. He may have been restless and underfoot, not having a routine that he had when he worked. I wonder if the bike was a gift from BC so he'd get out and about and get a little exercise.

But, maybe things got worse so she agreed to build his dream garage. Maybe he would be happier if he had his own place to work on cars. (I really would be interested in knowing what possessed them to do this. Especially with the loan they took out. But I can understand it if it was to help MC be happy.)

Many of my friends bemoan the day their husbands retired. These were men who had been very successful in their work life. But once that routine ended and adulation for a job well done
was no longer given, it changed them.
They became more dependent on their wives and basically underfoot, expected 3 meals a day, two of them hot meals. And no, none of them have committed suicide to my knowledge, but then, they had/have loving, faithful wives.

BC was cheating on him with AT LEAST 3 men. Do you really think she bought him a bike or was concerned about him getting some exercise? I guess none of us know, but it just doesn’t fit with what we do know.

Also, BC was not the only person bringing in income. I assume even retired, MC brought in more income than she did. I picture him paying all the bills and her using her check for miscellaneous, personal things such as her trips with girlfriends, etc. either way, he definitely had income and BC was not paying for his shop alone.

ETA: not saying you’re wrong because none of us know, but when you look at the total picture of everything we do know, it just doesn’t seem like exercise and fresh air was a huge concern for MC, nor BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Razz for taking my words to heart. I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts.

You may indeed have nailed what had gone through MC's head at one time. I can easily see retirement being a huge adjustment after his FF days. Different pace and schedule.

But MC had been retired since 2008. That's was already nine years ago at the time he disappeared. Quite a bit of time in my opinion to have made those mental adjustments.

I could see him falling into that pit more easily if he had little else, but I see him with a very busy and interesting life. His passion for his family and his classic cars was spoken of in many news article I read.

I believe he built the garage because of that passion for his classic cars. Not because he was depressed. From my understanding too of IMHO's post, the garage was built before MC retired.

As for the phantom bike, I can't believe none of his family would have known about it if it truly existed.

In fact, his son-in-law, Suzy's husband is in the news video linked below. In it he is shown with one of MC's prized classic cars where he talks about how he and MC together rebuilt it. Would he have not seen the bike hanging on the wall?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/F...-Man-Continues-Quest-for-Clues-417872213.html

Also, wouldn't it be common knowledge in the family whether MC had ever ridden a bike? Trivia like that are what family members joke about at holidays and gatherings. Would they all have missed that? Wouldn't he himself have spoken up and said that he had indeed ridden a bike?

Yes, BC's outside life could not have been easy at all for him but I doubt if this would have been brand new knowledge for him. He had gone through marriage break up in the past.

Sure, he was older now, but he was sharp and very active. Hard for me to believe he handed over all his self-esteem to BC and gave her control over his decision to live or die.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. You're entitled to yours, and you have thought your opinion out carefully. Thank you for wording it so well. I believe your scenario could apply to many retired men.

JMO

Thank you for this. MC had a job working with SCL husband at least part-time. He was very active with his cars which he restored, and traded for other cars to restore. It seems by all accounts that he’d transitioned nicely from being a firefighter, to doing other things that he enjoyed, and stayed active with. He wasn’t some depressed old man, puttering around the house, looking for things to do, and waiting to die of old age.

But MC had been retired since 2008. That's was already nine years ago at the time he disappeared. Quite a bit of time in my opinion to have made those mental adjustments.

I could see him falling into that pit more easily if he had little else, but I see him with a very busy and interesting life. His passion for his family and his classic cars was spoken of in many news article I read.

JMO
I don't take offense. That is your opinion and I respect that. <modsnip>

BC was cheating on him with AT LEAST 3 men. Do you really think she bought him a bike or was concerned about him getting some exercise? I guess none of us know, but it just doesn’t fit with what we do know.

Also, BC was not the only person bringing in income. I assume even retired, MC brought in more income than she did. I picture him paying all the bills and her using her check for miscellaneous, personal things such as her trips with girlfriends, etc. either way, he definitely had income and BC was not paying for his shop alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all accounts his was the main income between his pensions and retirement job. Hers was the extra money.

I mentioned laundry because it may account for how MC spent time after Walmart, and whether he finished could be evidence HSCO didn’t want to release. For some people the receipt in the bathroom trash can sufficiently proves he went home after Walmart. For all I know MC did the laundry before Walmart, or not at all. I don’t know of any depressed person who cares about dirty clothes.
VI mentioned laundry once. Like the mystery items on the receipt, which VI later divulged, there was wild speculation about what MC did that day-yet VI never again mentioned laundry. So I think it’s relevant and suspect someone asked her not to mention it again.
I admit I “over imagine” but I’ve learned BC, though she hasn’t talked to the media (that I know of) is a planner. To me it speaks volumes that she was too distraught to talk to the media, worried she’d answer questions the wrong way-yet she summoned the strength to change his phone plan, have him declared dead and sell things he loved while she let his distraught children deal with the media and questions she could’ve answered.
I apologize if I’m all over the place. I’m almost embarrassed by the amount of spent time I’ve spent rereading the 2 VI’s posts but as you all know this situation is beyond frustrating. I enjoy everyone’s thoughts and I appreciate y’all taking the time to read my nutty opinions.

They don&#8217;t believe it was suicide because they haven&#8217;t found any evidence of suicide. &#8220;They&#8221; being Klein and the Chambers family. A note or no note doesn&#8217;t have anything to do with it.

<modsnip>a poster said she/he didn't believe it could be suicide because they didn't find a note. I simply replied that approximately 37% of suicides leave notes. Making that in 63% of suicides there is no note and then backed it up with an article and then I felt if they didn't believe that article, to Google the subject. I googled it many times to make sure that was the correct %.

There is one more thing that keeps bugging me. In the live facebook interview with Sheriff Meeks, at about 13:45 into it, he tells the reporter that the dispatcher pinged MC's phone as soon as they got the call he was missing and it showed to be in the vicinity of the 2 mile bridge.

Can sheriff's dispatchers ping cell phones? I personally have never heard that in any other scenarios.

When I read about the facts of someone missing in the very early stages, I have never heard them say we pinged the phone when we got the call and it was at so and so place. Is that possible?

How and who pings that phone?

Yes! It takes so much paperwork and red tape to ping someone’s phone doesn’t it? How would they have done it that fast?

Notes are left in only 1/3 of suicides.
It is a myth that notes are always left.

I will find the articles and post.

EMS always brought in the suicide notes of any patients admitted to our psychiatric unit through the ER. Those were placed in the patients' charts.

I would agree, it was about one third, maybe a bit more, who wrote notes.

The majority of the notes were of patients who were trying to explain their actions. They also expressed love and concern for their loved ones, reassuring them it was not their fault. They told them they were sorry they had been such a burden on them. They felt everyone would be better off without them.

There were occasional nasty ones, along the line of "Well, I hope you're happy now. You've driven me to the point I can't take it one more minute!" Those were few.

Some notes were very short, written on a post-it note, and some were 6 page missives.

Some were scribbled and some were typed out.

The note itself was not any indication to the severity of the suicide attempt.

Personally, I was always glad ( not the right word ) to have them. They gave me better insight into that patient's mindset at that particular time...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member