OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching this episode of Dateline and there's a guy that owns ZETX, which specializes in cellphone investigations. I wish we could get someone like that to look into Bobby's call log. It just still seems so bizarre to me.

Also, to touch on the latest few posts, yes SE OK is very much known to be a sketchy area. Lots of drugs, lots of "forgotten cases", and lots of suspicion of LE corruption (actually that seems to be the case in other parts of OK now too). I haven't seen anything in the local (OKC) media about the case since the bodies were found, and even then, it wasn't much coverage. One or two articles. It's sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Since the Jamison family we've had at least 2 other people mysteriously disappear in the Eufaula area and it seems like though the answers are there LE isn't doing a thing to find the missing and close the cases...

RSBM. A little late here, but who are the two other missing people?

I am finding...

Holly Cantrell

McAlester woman Holly Cantrell was last seen January 20, 2017, when she was seen leaving her job at McAlester Regional Health on her lunch break.

Searching for her today 3/4.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327917

Peggy McGuire​

Peggy McGuire was last seen on Monday, November 16, 2015, dropping her son off at school.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295214

Tommy Eastep

An Oklahoma City-area man missing since July 4th weekend 2013. Tommy Raymond Eastep, 30, was last seen at the Best Western Hotel in Eufaula.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223786

RSBM. A little late here, but who are the two other missing people?
The post below yours by water girl has the 2 that I had referenced (Peggy McGuire and tommy eastep) plus Holly Cantrell in January. At one point there was also a teenager named mcalela brummett (I think that was her name, but I'm not sure if the spelling is correct) but I never got the chance to really look into the last girl so I don't know if she's been found or is still missing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks watergirl. I have never seen anything on the first 2 cases and didn't even know about them. Tommy's case is running pretty dry and there hasn't been anything in the media in a very long time.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the bipolar "statistics." Bipolar is not the monster under the bed, nor is it the key to every suspicious situation.

I still have a lot of reading to do to see if this has been mentioned... however with a back problem and a child, I don't see walking this distance in that kind of terrain even reasonable. Has the possibility of the truck being moved from where the bodies were found, to the location the truck was actually found, been discussed? This could explain the distance the family would have had to walked, the cell phones being located in the truck after taking photographs of the little one and how the dog ended up in the truck as well. The murderer could have removed phones from the family's possession after killing them, moved the truck and locked the dog up to prevent them from being quickly found. Just an idea..

Yes, this has been discussed quite a lot. I agree with you. I don't think someone with that kind of back pain is going to take off hiking into that terrain. At this point, nothing can be discounted. Their bodies were found relatively close to a "road" or a clearing, so it's all possible.

acc703e9e5d11aa917e3cef9dd497e37.jpg

I still have a lot of reading to do to see if this has been mentioned... however with a back problem and a child, I don't see walking this distance in that kind of terrain even reasonable. Has the possibility of the truck being moved from where the bodies were found, to the location the truck was actually found, been discussed? This could explain the distance the family would have had to walked, the cell phones being located in the truck after taking photographs of the little one and how the dog ended up in the truck as well. The murderer could have removed phones from the family's possession after killing them, moved the truck and locked the dog up to prevent them from being quickly found. Just an idea..

That's one possibility....here's one more along those lines.
Take a look at the picture of the truck as it was found. The photo from the front on the truck.

It appears as though the drivers side door is much cleaner than the mud spattered passenger side door. Yet there is some mud at the bottom of the door.
This looks to me like the driver side door was wiped clean and then driven back down the mountain to where it was left locked up.

Look at the other tracks on the road beneath the truck in the photo. These tracks are beneath and some are too close to the vehicle to have been made by the police investigating.
What if they were made by the abductors' vehicles?
I see two sets of tracks from two other vehicles besides the family's truck.
If you look closely you can see one set of tire tracks very narrow in width that go far to the left side of the road as you look at the photo.
Another set of tracks go to the right and are wider than the first set but not as wide as the white truck tires.
Then it looks like a spin rut was made by the second vehicle just about where the front tire on the white truck is sitting. And the first set of tracks come back to the middle of the road as if the first vehicle pulled over to the left going up the mountain and then backed up to the center of the road at some point after that.

This location on the road is a place that would be hard to get around another vehicle due to the rocks on the left and the washed out area on the right.

My theory....I think someone that knew the father went out there to confront him. Two vehicles went up behind the truck...one a compact size car or mini van with narrow tires and low profile enough to bottom out on the mud in the center of the road leaving scrape marks in the mud and gravel. The second was possibly a two wheel drive small pickup truck ..something more capable of dealing with the road conditions than the first vehicle but light enough to leave the spin out track.
The first car pulled over to the left and let the second vehicle go around...then the first backed up and blocked the road directly in front of where the white truck was found.
The occupants of the second vehicle proceeded up the mountain concerned that the father would recognize them and bolt back down the mountain. That is why they blocked the road and why i believe the father knew at least one of them.
A confrontation must have led to the perps handling the drivers door of the truck thus making it necessary to wipe down the entire door before driving the truck down to their waiting car.

I think the father was subdued and transported down the mountain by two perps in vehicle two while perp 3 drove the family's truck down to his waiting car. There may be some kind of forensic evidence in the way of fibers or hair in the family's truck to confirm this.

The picture of the child sitting on the rocks.
If you use image software to eliminate the shadowing in this picture it appears as though she has a dark bruise on her left chin and a raised welt on her left cheek. The welt appears to "fork out" at the end.

Anyone who looks at this picture and thinks it's normal has no experience with children.
The child is strongly distressed and scared shitless. Someone is instructing her to smile and pose for the picture....WTF

Evidence:

When you consider the pictures of the truck as it was found and my observations on that...it makes sense that the Jamisons were ambushed further up the mountain and most likely while they were out of the vehicle.
Consider that we see no damage to the vehicle. And the door on the passenger side is apparently free of smudges or smears and covered with mud and road dust....in other words..undisturbed. The drivers door however is wiped clean and then fresh mud at the bottom.

The point is that the reason for wiping down the door was most likely (imo) to remove blood splatter rather than finger prints...and those are the only two good reasons to clean the door at all if you are a perp committing a crime. "Plus the truck was driven after wiping down the door by evidence of the mud at the bottom.
If so then there is a murder scene further up the mountain than where the truck was located and possible shell casing evidence.

If this is how it happened then why didn't the perps leave the Jamison truck at the top of the hill ?
My theory is quite simply because with the jamisons in the small vehicle there was no room for one of the perps. So he is the one that wiped down the door then drove the jamison truck down the mountain to where he left his car.
The vehicle used to transport the family from the mountain could be a small truck with a camper shell...an S10 or ford ranger type truck..possibly with a gear shift on the floor and tools or something taking up space in the back. I think the father was thrown in the back and mom and daughter rode up front...so either two or three perps total.

This means that somewhere there is a vehicle that would have had the Jamison family DNA throughout as well as the perps and then trace amounts of one perps DNA possibly in the Jamison vehicle itself.

This scenario also explains why the money was left behind. They were there to confront the father about something imo and the family was caught outside the vehicle and a struggle and shooting took place. This caused the perps to leave in a hurry. More time may have revealed the money stash...just a guess.

How soon was the Jamison's truck found?

If either their truck, or another vehicle, was used to take them where their bodies were found, there might have been a lot of traces of it going there.

If someone could leave a dog alive, locked in a truck, then how could they kill 3 people? especially a child. Like Madeson's picture, the money, it makes no sense. I think the first sheriff that was on the scene, could be of great help. Won't take up more time, thank you.

I’m still playing catch up (pg 22). I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned.

A lot of people seem to think this family was murdered by someone on that mountain to hide illegal activities. I kind of lean that way too; but, there’s something that bothers me with this scenario...

Why leave the truck there? If they saw something illegal they want kept hidden then why not scrap / chop shop / change VIN plates / put it in water / or take it somewhere far away from Panola Mountain???

This family wasn’t reported missing until the truck was finally reported. This family had a tendency to just take off from time to time anyway. Why draw a whole lot more attention to that mountain (le / searchers / reporters / etc.)?

First, thank you so much for responding. I replied earlier but mail was lost. I believe the Jamisons themselves locked the truck. They were planning to return "right back", explaining items being left. Also, l think they knew their killer/killers. As far as disposing of the truck, why? I used to own 25 acres near and people just don't pay attention of cars being left for awhile. The FBI did visit with some folks in Euaula, no answers. That area is strange to begin with and folks are far and few between. Again, thank you, annie

I’m still playing catch up (pg 22). I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned.

A lot of people seem to think this family was murdered by someone on that mountain to hide illegal activities. I kind of lean that way too; but, there’s something that bothers me with this scenario...

Why leave the truck there? If they saw something illegal they want kept hidden then why not scrap / chop shop / change VIN plates / put it in water / or take it somewhere far away from Panola Mountain???

This family wasn’t reported missing until the truck was finally reported. This family had a tendency to just take off from time to time anyway. Why draw a whole lot more attention to that mountain (le / searchers / reporters / etc.)?

I think that taking the truck and doing the things you mentioned would actually bring more attention to a murderer. If you kill a family and then leave, you're finished, done. Trying to dispose of or hide the truck increases your risk of being seen and in possession of a murdered persons items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname