CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts have been removed.

Please read Websleuths rules on Social Media which state in part:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

:tyou:

I just watched the whole birthday video. Parts of it were filmed on Fidaglo and Whidbey islands, about an hour and half north of Seattle. There are scenes with a bay, Mt. Baker and the oil tankers from the refineries in the background. Those are filmed on Cap Sante in Anacortes on Fidalgo Island. There is a scene crossing a bridge. That's Deception Pass Bridge going from Fidalgo to Whidbey Island. A lot of the scenes after that are on a beach in a state park just after crossing over Deception Pass to Whidbey Island. Those I am certain of. There are others that looks like maybe the Baker Lake area, but can't be completely sure.

Hannah is not filmed in the birthday video. She and Markis are frequently left out of videos and pics. I want to know more about Hannah.....she was the resistant one it seems. If any of the kids could have escaped and survived the final road trip it would be Hannah and Devonte. Devonte appeared to have been trying to help his siblings when he was asking for food. Hannah tried to expose them....even risking injury by jumping out of the window to do it. It's a long shot I know.....but I wouldn't underestimate the resourcefulness, creativity, and will to survive of these two teens.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4427098/2010-12844-Report.pdf In this report,the young girl clearly states that their form of discipline included taking away a meal. This started back in MN,so this "discipline" continued throughout the years. No one can convince me that this family represented what is good in terms of love and peace...especially since both parents were well fed indeed! The Hart parents will not be remembered for anything except for their last act when they were alive.

Articles posted today on the demographics of Portland, Vancouver, and Woodland by several people have been removed. What happened with the Hart family will probably never be fully understood, but knowing something about the cities and towns where they resided might provide some context to their actions.

http://komonews.com/news/local/report-teen-hart-girl-jumped-from-window-said-racist-moms-whipped-her

For example, where did Hannah get the idea her moms were racist? The kids were dressed in some strange costumes at festivals but so were other people.

There may have been some family discussions, on the topic of racism, after they moved to Portland and later Woodland.

Abigail is very specific in the details of that incident, what JH was doing and what SH was doing and she said SH was carrying stuff into [child's name crossed out] room during this incident. I wonder why SH would so readily take the blame. I know abuse has been covered as a reason, but what I'm wondering is there something in JH's background that the Harts didn't want to come out during an investigation? Something that somehow flew under the radar during adoption years, or occurred after the adoptions but before the bath tub spanking.

I have wondered once or twice if SH had felt guilty about the treatment of the children and hoped that they would be removed from her/their care if she admitted the abuse. One thing that stood out to me in this is that the spanking happened if the children continued to cry. My children tend to cry when they are in trouble because of loss of privilege (we typically take away preferred activities). Often they can cry for a long time and I have, on occasion, removed them from the situation because they were upsetting their siblings, but I have never spanked for crying, not that I spank at all. And most experts say that you don't discuss the situation immediately but when the child has had a chance to calm down, this way you can go through scenarios of possible other choices.

The other thing that stuck out was the part where JH says that she "believes" SH handled the discipline that weekend. The interview was done the next day, wouldn't you know what happened the day before?

My apologies for posting the infomation regarding the social media posts from a friend. I did not know that was not allowed as I just joined yesterday. Will not do that again.

For a second I can see someone's feet standing on a grill with hot coals underneath. Did I see that or am I misinterpreting what I see?

[QUOTE..... this "discipline" continued throughout the years. ....[/QUOTE] It is difficult to visualize what this little girl along with her siblings had gone through. It is simply a kind of torture by definition. You do not drag a 6-year old to the bathroom, partially undressing her, putting her head under cold water while hitting her with your bloody fist leaving bruises n her tiny body from the sternum to the belly button and her back too. The other sadist 'mum' was a accomplice and an enabler in these savage practices. The court should have sent both to prison. jmo

This is excellent, but IMO is missing an important event/date.

September 1, 2009: Jen and Sarah Hart married in Connecticut.

I think it’s also significant that this gives them equal rights as parents and spousal privilege.

Does it give Sarah equal rights as a parent if she doesn’t legally adopt the kids as well? I am a stepparent and pretty much have no legal rights regarding my stepkids, even though I am married to their dad.

As a parent who used time out and 1,2,3, I am sad to see that this separation punishment is not a good idea. A friend just posted it so it may be fairly new info.

It makes perfect sense and it would add to even more distrss with these children.

https://parentingbeyondpunishment.com/separation-discipline-macnamara/

Separation based discipline comes in many forms but is commonly referred to as time-outs, 123 magic, pretending to leave a child when they don’t follow, taking away things they care about until they comply, ignoring and giving them the ‘cold shoulder’, punishing them with spanking, or shaming them in front of others. They are other forms of separation-based discipline, but the underlying theme is the same – if you misbehave you will face separation from the things you care about.

The hope in using this approach is that the pain inflicted will teach a child a lesson they will remember the next time they act. The assumptions are that we have to hurt a child in order for them to learn, that lessons are needed in order to make a child civilized and humane, and that a child is always capable of controlling themselves. All of these ideas are false when you consider developmental science and what really grows a child up. In other words, if pain was such a great teacher along with lessons, we shouldn’t have so many adults who act immature and inhumane.

As a parent who used time out and 1,2,3, I am sad to see that this separation punishment is not a good idea. A friend just posted it so it may be fairly new info.

It makes perfect sense and it would add to even more distrss with these children.

https://parentingbeyondpunishment.com/separation-discipline-macnamara/

Separation based discipline comes in many forms but is commonly referred to as time-outs, 123 magic, pretending to leave a child when they don’t follow, taking away things they care about until they comply, ignoring and giving them the ‘cold shoulder’, punishing them with spanking, or shaming them in front of others. They are other forms of separation-based discipline, but the underlying theme is the same – if you misbehave you will face separation from the things you care about.

The hope in using this approach is that the pain inflicted will teach a child a lesson they will remember the next time they act. The assumptions are that we have to hurt a child in order for them to learn, that lessons are needed in order to make a child civilized and humane, and that a child is always capable of controlling themselves. All of these ideas are false when you consider developmental science and what really grows a child up. In other words, if pain was such a great teacher along with lessons, we shouldn’t have so many adults who act immature and inhumane.

So basically don’t discipline your kids at all... just wait until it isn’t the heat of the moment, and sit down and have a rational conversation with them about right and wrong? I am very against spanking and yelling, but not time outs or taking things away for a bit. Idk, that website seems to me like someone selling their services, so they of course want to discourage parents from acting “in the moment”, since she charges parents of “wild children” $125/50 min. JMO

November 2014: Family members participate in a Portland protest of a Missouri grand jury declining to indict a Ferguson police officer in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. Devonte and a Portland police officer hug, and the photo of the moment goes viral.

I followed the Ferguson case very closely and when this photo got traction most of my internet community of BLM sympathizers felt that something was fishy about that photo. Adopting a black child just to use them for some sort of progressive/liberal photo op is how we saw it and we also saw it as exploitative.

For a second I can see someone's feet standing on a grill with hot coals underneath. Did I see that or am I misinterpreting what I see?

At about 2:35ish in the video? Its a grate or bridge deck with water over rocks underneath.

This article had a bit of interesting info that I hadn't seen elsewhere (sorry if it's been posted already):

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...v-with-family-off-cliff-was-drunk-police-say/

"Alexandra Argyropoulos, who told The Associated Press previously that she contacted Oregon child welfare officials, said in an email Friday that Jennifer Hart ran the household “like a regimented boot camp.”

Argyropoulos wrote that as a family friend she initially thought Jennifer Hart was a loving mother. But after spending two weeks with the family Argyropoulos said she noticed kindness, love and respect for the children was largely absent. She says the six kids were regularly punished for common childlike and adolescent behavior, such as laughing too loudly."

This reminds me of the couple that adopted two Ethiopian (?) kids and were apart of the Quiverfull movement, I think and ended up starving the girl to death.
I think there were two cases like that in the last decade.

I thought their music teacher was Max Ribner, the guy from Nahko's band. Did they have another one?

Hmm, that's not what unbeliever read. You have a quick link? If not, I'll search for where I believe I read it soon

MOO*

n 2013, Ribner began offering music classes to kids at his home in Southeast Portland. He said that all six of the Hart children participated in the program and that he and the children wrote songs together and played music twice a month for nearly a year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2018/03/hart_familys_idyllic_public_im.amp

He also made audio recordings with the children. They can be heard singing here. Youth Music Empowerment
https://soundcloud.com/youthmusicempowerment

So basically don’t discipline your kids at all... just wait until it isn’t the heat of the moment, and sit down and have a rational conversation with them about right and wrong? I am very against spanking and yelling, but not time outs or taking things away for a bit. Idk, that website seems to me like someone selling their services, so they of course want to discourage parents from acting “in the moment”, since she charges parents of “wild children” $125/50 min. JMO

As a retired teacher , I used the techniques she talks about the last few years of teaching, I received training in that. It works!

I evaluate things in how it relates to me as an adult, I screw up. My husband tells me that I did not come home when I said from shopping so too bad. Grounded from the car for one week.

To me, that is absurd.

My kids turned out OK but I wonder what kind of things they have to overcome because of my 1,2,3 use. How silly it all seems after I read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500