CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In in earlier article they stated he worked for Pepsi but that has since been corrected to that he worked at "Save a Lot". LE says Michelle's book had nothing to do with catching him, that was asked and answered in the press conference. Also If you read "case files" by Kat Winters they list a rape of a mother and a teen daughter and some sexual acts were also preformed on a 7 year old. It is in the very first part of the book.

Oh my, the irony in his place of work being called "Save a Lot" just makes me shudder.

While watching the HLN special last night about the Golden State Killer, hubs noticed one of the advertising sponsors was 23 & Me. DNA testing for large populations has the potential to be a great law enforcement tool, but there's so much room for abuse. People who use these tests to check for inherited risks for diseases,etc. can potentially have that information used by employers, credit card companies, mortgage lenders, etc. to harm them. There are some real horror stories related to companies learning about customers and employees health care and genetic risk information. Current laws on the books (like HIPAA and GINA) don't cover third parties like genetic testing companies. They also offer little to no legal remedies to people who have been harmed.

There are already a couple of cases on record where familial DNA has caused LE to go after innocent people. Sure, they may be cleared later, but the damage to their reputation and cost of legal defense is high. Use of DNA and voluntary DNA databases should be very carefully monitored and they probably need to lay down some legal guidelines.

As for Ancestry.com's disclosure reports - what's the penalty if those reports are falsified? None.

Yes these concerns is why familial dna comparison is not legal in some states.
Technology has outpaced the legislation and it's going to take a while for the laws to catch up to this uncharted territory.

While watching the HLN special last night about the Golden State Killer, hubs noticed one of the advertising sponsors was 23 & Me. DNA testing for large populations has the potential to be a great law enforcement tool, but there's so much room for abuse. People who use these tests to check for inherited risks for diseases,etc. can potentially have that information used by employers, credit card companies, mortgage lenders, etc. to harm them. There are some real horror stories related to companies learning about customers and employees health care and genetic risk information. Current laws on the books (like HIPAA and GINA) don't cover third parties like genetic testing companies. They also offer little to no legal remedies to people who have been harmed.

There are already a couple of cases on record where familial DNA has caused LE to go after innocent people. Sure, they may be cleared later, but the damage to their reputation and cost of legal defense is high. Use of DNA and voluntary DNA databases should be very carefully monitored and they probably need to lay down some legal guidelines.

As for Ancestry.com's disclosure reports - what's the penalty if those reports are falsified? None.

Yes, that's a total abuse of power and control, IMO. I guess HIPPA hasn't grown sophisticated enough to encompass internet info and third party 'owners'. There is a lot of work to be done.

If his crime spree did in fact end in 1986 I find that interesting. 1986 was the first time DNA was used in a trial. We know he's bright. Do you think this could be the reason?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'd be shocked if he just stopped!
Anything is possible!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

..I see he pried open doors...that's why I have a dog ...even when neighbors just get out of their cars, she is alerted and barks sometimes
..I notice some people do not think locking doors is important --I double check my doors at night and lock the ''screen'' doors
..I'm sure I've read where some rapists/burglars have got in through open windows!!
...some humans just are not security conscious ....
..of course I'm a light sleeper ....some people are heavy sleepers

I thought I read where GSK got in through patio doors--so I can see how those are not as ''safe''

Yup! All when I am largely convinced it was Michelle's book, the podcasts and TV specials that led to a renewed interest and likely got the tipster to make a call. JD not on any list for 40 plus years and then just shows up 6 days ago? Hmmmm.

Watching the "Unmasked" special on HLN last night, one of the investigators said that once the FBI got involved, it opened up the investigation considerably. Assume this happened as a result of the recent publicity from Michelle's activity. The FBI does seem to have the skills and ability to really help coordinate LE agencies in these kinds of investigations. Makes me wish they would spend even more time and resources on this kind of work.

..I see he pried open doors...that's why I have a dog ...even when neighbors just get out of their cars, she is alerted and barks sometimes
..I notice some people do not think locking doors is important --I double check my doors at night and lock the ''screen'' doors
..I'm sure I've read where some rapists/burglars have got in through open windows!!

I thought I read where GSK got in through patio doors--so I can see how those are not as ''safe''
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he had keys to some of the homes!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, that's a total abuse of power and control, IMO. I guess HIPPA hasn't grown sophisticated enough to encompass internet info and third party 'owners'. There is a lot of work to be done.

And don't forget hacking. This kind of data is extremely valuable. Companies will pay a LOT of money for it.

Opps I just corrected it. It was "Save Mart". Before he retired last year, DeAngelo had been working at a distribution center for Save Mart grocery stores. He worked the for 27 years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tate-Killer-72-speak-shock.html#ixzz5Dmtlw3nB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The more we learn about this guy, the more he reminds me of BTK. Just an average working class guy who lived his whole life in or near the communities he terrorized. Cranky neighbor, but someone involved in the community. Knew when to slow his roll and blend in when forensic science advanced enough to make his "habit" more risky. Adept at hiding everything from his family. Knew how to avoid routine interaction with law enforcement that could put his DNA into their system. Fed off the media notoriety his crimes caused.

I still can't get over all of the witness testimony stating he had blonde or light brown hair and hazel or blue eyes when he looked nothing like that. How is this possible so many witnesses/victims got this wrong? Even the police sketches do not resemble him at all!

Now I am not as read-up on this case as many others. Partly due to me being in Canada - however, from what I have been reading I find it interesting comparing plotted crimes dates to his children's births.

As I said before I have pegged out a tree, and while I know I cannot share the details here as per the rules. With his children being born in 1981, 1986 and 1989 respectively, I find it interesting when comparing the dates found on this map - only the 1986 one happened while he had children.

The 1981 ones are prior to his 1st daughters birth, and the 1986 one occurred 6 months before daughter #2 was born.

I used this map as reference with dates.
https://tinyurl.com/y9gky2vk

I also find it interesting that the store he was caught shoplifting from was so close to his present day residence. Which from public record he has been living in since 1986 for sure. The house was built c.1979 from public real estate websites.
Has anyone seen exactly when he moved into the Citrus Heights home?

Miller, of KCRA, reported on Twitter: “Seeing some rumors on social media that the suspected East Area Rapist’s family turned him in. Just checked with @sacsheriff and am told that’s ‘100% unequivocally not true.'”

Seen many in this thread speculate that he never actually stopped, just changed his MO. He owns a boat. Wondering whether that boat could be part of his new MO.
speculating

^^BBM
Having a dog and a CrimSafe screen on my patio door helps me feel safe.
CrimSafe screen is "criminal safe" and dog-proof, too.
No more replacing $99 flimsy screen patio sliders.

CrimSafe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Nn69poFAE

The more we learn about this guy, the more he reminds me of BTK. Just an average working class guy who lived his whole life in or near the communities he terrorized. Cranky neighbor, but someone involved in the community. Knew when to slow his roll and blend in when forensic science advanced enough to make his "habit" more risky. Adept at hiding everything from his family. Knew how to avoid routine interaction with law enforcement that could put his DNA into their system. Fed off the media notoriety his crimes caused.

This is so insightful. Great post!

HLN is saying DeAngelo's first court appearance is scheduled for tomorrow.

Interesting receipt found online in his name, with his shipping address listed as the address being searched in Citrus Heights, CA right now, but a billing address in his name in Exeter, CA (about 10 miles from Visalia, CA). I wonder why he used that address as his billing address. A connection to the "Visalia Ransacker?"

http://www.shopatron.com/packing_list?s=6777424&h=af69942213305c11c1fe830b705c010d

Any idea what this receipt was for? What is a Fenwick HMG? Where did you find this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24