OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did all that and came up with nothing to cause them to arrest JM or anyone in his family for the murders. I'm not sure why some folks think the fact that M's found the bodies of their dead relatives makes them the killers. They've been run through the wringer with nothing to show for it.

Betty, with all due respect no one is saying the Manley's are Killers , I am saying they knew more than they told the LE/BCI investigators in the beginning. They were pursued by investigators for a reason. Maybe that reason has been taken care of now, who knows? We haven't received any info to know if their still being investigated right now.

The surviving family members do have some power to influence the investigation, by telling the truth in the first place. If they lie in this case their protecting themselves. Example, LM saying he wasn't that close to CRsr. He picked up cars for him, ran errands for him, worked for him. IMO between him and BJM and other family members and the way that the Rhoden's seemed to live their lives out loud, a lot of people knew what was going on in everybody's lives that lived there. But that's not uncommon in a small town. The personal problems are usually kept withing the families, but when your entire family has been killed, you would think the families would tell them everything they know down to what perfume DR wore. I'm not just speaking of the Manley's in this mess. " Rumor" and some published info, has said that numerous people including the families have been questioned, some more than once. Some have taken ploly's and failed and some refuse to even take one. The Manley's were there when the bodies were found, LM has spoken many times about what he knows and others, his family and pastor have even been involved with what little info we have. As I said before, JM removing a gps tracking device from his truck has put this family out there for whomever has questions. Lesson learned for the Manley's now, but it's all out there to question.

You are right, amauet. There are things in some families, that don't come to light of day for decades, then, one family member, close to the incident, will spill it, to another. Kinda like you would to a priest, they gotta tell what they know to someone, so it may as well be kin. That family member feels obligated to keep that close to vest, as nothing can be done, now, anyway, it won't bring them back, it will increase heartache, and it was spoken in confidence. It's over, it's done, why tear the family apart further? .

I guess, that I'm just hoping that it wasn't the Ws. I know that kin will kill kin, over something that they feel is unforgivable, it's happened within my in-laws family, however, I always hope that it's not the kin, or the in-laws. As much as I was glad to be shed of my ex, and he was a real piece of work, (and there were times that I doubt that I'd have shed tears had he passed, while married to him), but, at the end of the day, he was my kids' father, and without him, I'd not have had them. So I tried to look at the good that came out of those years, I didn't always succeed, but I tried, and I didn't kill him, alcohol did.

Well Rsd and Betty, I am one who does visit other sites, all articles I can find, any place that I can think of that has any info. Then down the rabbit holes I go. And sometimes it pays off for me and I gleam a little info but most times it leads me to nothing. I try and back everything I post, but when I can't, I say I've "heard" or "read" or something to that affect. Sometimes others on here have facts to back up things I see and it helps me to rule out false info. Both of you have done this for me. I'm not accusing anyone of murder and haven't. Like Rsd said, you have to follow what little we are given, unfortunately. God I wish we had spell check on here! LOL!

I don't go to the "T" place, I've tried to see what I can get out of it, but it's just too draining. I do visit a couple of the FB Memorial sites b/c family members signed on, who are verified. I rarely go there, though, b/c a lot of what is on there, is on here too, and I have it in my own files as well.

I screenshotted a lot of the timelines of JW and HMR so I can refer back to those, too, which helps me line up things as far back as when they just started dating. Honestly, JW seemed to be a bit immature for his age, then again, I didn't have social media at their ages, for folks to pour over, and I thank Heaven above, there wasn't social media when I was their ages.

I don't go to the "T" place, I've tried to see what I can get out of it, but it's just too draining. I do visit a couple of the FB Memorial sites b/c family members signed on, who are verified. I rarely go there, though, b/c a lot of what is on there, is on here too, and I have it in my own files as well.

I screenshotted a lot of the timelines of JW and HMR so I can refer back to those, too, which helps me line up things as far back as when they just started dating. Honestly, JW seemed to be a bit immature for his age, then again, I didn't have social media at their ages, for folks to pour over, and I thank Heaven above, there wasn't social media when I was their ages.

On HMR and JW. I have seen some FB posts also. I feel so bad for her and HHG. But HMR seemed so fragile even though see appeared to want to be as tough as her family. That girl to me, was looking for love and attention so badly and picking the worst for herself every time. I know little S was born in 2013? But I don't know how long she had stopped seeing JW, before she was seeing CG. Do you?

LE has been taking DNA evidence from people connected to the victims, including the Manleys. That implies they have DNA evidence from the killers, possibly from a victim who fought back and had the killers DNA on their clothing, bodies or under their fingernails. If any of the Manleys were the kilers, they would have been arrested by now. They also didn't have the means or motive to hire professional killers to murder their family members. Whomever hired them probably paid quite a lot for that service, probably in the 6 figures.

In addition, following all the raids on the Manley homes and cars, LE has never found evidence to charge them for possession of drugs or MJ. These people have very little in the way of a criminal record and nothing in the way of past drug use, stolen cars, etc. to connect them to people who would kill family or be associated with anyone in the world of organized crime.

I haven't heard of any "raids" on the Manley's at all, only the gps thing. Spill!

I haven't heard of any "raids" on the Manley's at all, only the gps thing. Spill!

In interviews, LM has said that LE came to his house, searched, etc. He says he and his daughter & son have been questioned, gave their phones, DNA, etc.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/c...-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother/440076082

Manley said he feels authorities are “grasping at straws,'' adding he is growing increasingly frustrated by the ongoing scrutiny. He said he and his family have provided DNA samples, been interviewed numerous times and have cooperated in the probe, entering its 13th month without an arrest.

Early on, LE said they were looking at DNA and ballistics evidence to solve the crime

http://www.wlwt.com/article/father-...-out-whoever-done-it-knows-the-family/3564755

DeWine said the state's crime lab was looking at 18 pieces of evidence from a DNA and ballistic standpoint, and five search warrants have been executed.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...ry-with-investigators/sdp9LLWQiJlVbJhA69ps9L/

“One way or another, it’s gonna be stopped. If have to put harassment charges against everyone,” Leonard Manley said. “One lie detector test should be plenty, instead of two or three.”

He said the family had cooperated.

“We bent over backwards. I give them DNA, I give them my phone so they could go through it. I mean, I’ve answered their stupid questions,” Leonard Manley said.

The family cooperated voluntarily with questions and searches until after JM was arrested:

“I just told the prosecutor, the next time they come to my house, they’d better have a warrant,” he said.

JM's trucks have been searched per news stories of them taking his truck at the time of the murders as well as the truck taken last year when he destroyed the GPS tracker. You can google those stories.

LE has also searched cell phones, per LM's quote above. They've also searched JM's cell phone records as well as those of BJM and JM's wife, per the articles discussing JM's arrest last summer. LE has probably searched the cell phone records of all the victims and their family members. They don't even need cell phones to do that.

RSBM
In interviews, LM has said that LE came to his house, searched, etc. He says he and his daughter & son have been questioned, gave their phones, DNA, etc.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/c...-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother/440076082

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

Let’s do some math here.

Authorities HAD to have some kind of circumstantial evidence to get that warrant. Also, warrants by law have to be factual. There’s no bluffing on LE’s end when it comes to warrants. IMO, something, I have no idea what, gave LE evidence to believe ATLEAST the truck driven by JM was used in the murders.

Now, if we factor in the text exchange that may or may not have happened (but probably did because there’s always some truth to even a rumor) between JW & JM, it makes one say HMMMM. JMO.

ETA-have we ever found out who that truck came from that JM was driving? LM stated clear as day, without a single slur, that JM’s friend gave him the truck.

I do not think the investigators have outright lied. Yet many times I know they have parsed their words and you must draw your own conclusions.

Like the Gods on Olympus tampered with the lives & fortunes of the Greeks. I think investigators are playing a game of the cat and mouse with at least a couple of people we know of. Oh yes! They bate their trap and watch and see who bites.

Here's my theory on JWs truck. There's a clue in the official timeline that brings JWs truck front & center. I believe that only persons privy to the ambush and massacre of the Rhoden's would know its significance.

Maybe reading between the lines or whatever I thought the truck was involved in practice runs perfecting the hit on the Rhodens. Possibly security footage taken of JWs truck was documented on time stamped recordings on the network of CRsr cameras. Perhaps this footage coincides with events in the official timeline of the murders.

I also wondered if somehow in the convoluted vehicle business that truck was borrowed or used or previously owned by the Wagoners. Or even if JW hauled something for the Wagners that was attributed to the crime.My gut tells me there is a method to the madness. Investigators planted that GPS so JM must have made a statement that investigators didn't buy. So JM ripping the GPS off in an act of defiance tipped investigators that JW knew they were onto him.

BBM

<snip>
You're tracking the truck, but not the driver, who is not a poi? I do not get that. Was the truck supposed to do something? Take control and drive itself to evidence? It makes no sense to me.

You and I know that text puts JW and JM at critical markers in the timeline and it is going to be key if there is an indictment. I would bet the ranch on that.
<snip>
Unfortunately, LE says there was a text between JM and JW that night. JM isn't talking, and JW says it never happened. So, that's document weird.

I just cannot take plain old revenge over something, off the plate, either.

:cow:

JMO, they were tracking JW's truck to see where he was going, what he was doing and with whom he was meeting. His associates and activities were the focus of LE's investigation. Perhaps they thought that information would lead them to some evidence or accomplices. If these were professional killers, LE may have followed JW to find the connection to the person who hired them or the killers themselves. Maybe they thought with the upcoming move to AK, he would visit the scene where he dumped the guns or other evidence to make sure it was still hidden.

ETA: Also adding that the extended W family would be very motivated to help JW's family unit if they were facing arrest for murder. Families do that to protect each other and themselves. If anything shady was going on at any of the elder W's properties, they could stand to lose a great deal. Same with a possible civil suit if JW's family was convicted of the murders or of being accessories to the murders. W's stick together just like all the other families in the area.

It was the way the warrant was achieved, is what I take issue with, I don't find that it was kosher. I don't care what they thought about JM, if he was not considered a suspect, then they pushed the envelope to the edge, and possibly over, imo, in attaching that device, to his vehicle. The vehicle cannot be a suspect. Even though they said he failed his poly, and they say he sent some sort of text, that we are not privy to, they have not named JM as a person of interest, nor a suspect, but worded the warrant in a way that it seems that vehicle is suspect, so they can justify tracking him. I am not one of those folks who hate LEOs and/or the govt., but, I don't blindly trust them, either, just because they wear badges or robes.

I have heard, through the grapevine, that someone else found one on their vehicle too, and tipped JM off, to look at his vehicle. I tend to kinda believe that, b/c of where it was located, and the odd timing of JM just doing some maintenance, on the vehicle.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was &#8220;used as a means of the commission of the crime&#8217;&#8217; of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

The search warrant never names JM as a suspect, nor does it state that it is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

Just two to three weeks ago, the elder M said BCI agents surprised his son at his job around 5 p.m. and took him to Dayton, where he submitted to a polygraph test. M said agents took him back to his work site at 4 a.m. On Monday, a BCI agent told LM his son failed that test.

BCI agents also told the elder M on Monday that a text from his son&#8217;s phone was sent to JW&#8217;s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. JW was the long-time boyfriend of one of the R victims.

I do not think the investigators have outright lied. Yet many times I know they have parsed their words and you must draw your own conclusions.

Like the Gods on Olympus tampered with the lives & fortunes of the Greeks. I think investigators are playing a game of the cat and mouse with at least a couple of people we know of. Oh yes! They bate their trap and watch and see who bites.

Here's my theory on JWs truck. There's a clue in the official timeline that brings JWs truck front & center. I believe that only persons privy to the ambush and massacre of the Rhoden's would know its significance.

Maybe reading between the lines or whatever I thought the truck was involved in practice runs perfecting the hit on the Rhodens. Possibly security footage taken of JWs truck was documented on time stamped recordings on the network of CRsr cameras. Perhaps this footage coincides with events in the official timeline of the murders.

I also wondered if somehow in the convoluted vehicle business that truck was borrowed or used or previously owned by the Wagoners. Or even if JW hauled something for the Wagners that was attributed to the crime.My gut tells me there is a method to the madness. Investigators planted that GPS so JM must have made a statement that investigators didn't buy. So JM ripping the GPS off in an act of defiance tipped investigators that JW knew they were onto him.

You and I know that text puts JW and JM at critical markers in the timeline and it is going to be key if there is an indictment. I would bet the ranch on that.

I absolutely think they’ve lied in press conferences and media statements. That’s part of every LE forces tactics and it’s allowed in those instances. However, I do not think they’ve lied on search warrants because they can’t. And if they do lie on a search warrant, any evidence obtained with that search warrant will become null and void in the event of a trial.

Video of JW's truck around the time of the murders is possible. Recall LE was searching for other sources of security video footage in the area shortly after the murders. They may have found something showing JW's truck.

The truck of JM that LE put a GPS tracker on was not the same truck he was driving at the time of the murders. JMO, they put a tracker on that truck because they knew they could get a warrant for the tracker because JM was driving a truck connected to the murders. JMO, they wanted to see where JM was driving, if he was meeting with someone else they suspected of being connected to the murders. One can safely assume JM has told them who gave him the second truck, the one he was driving last spring and summer (recall LM said they put the tracker on the truck while the family was away attending last year's memorial service).

Speculation here in this forum last summer after JM's arrest was that the truck was given to JM by JW, possibly to set him up. I can't believe, after all the scrutiny from LE that JM and his family had been under, that he would knowingly drive a truck that was suspected of being part of the murders of his family. Of course he would tell LE who gave him the truck. That's probably one more reason why LE is focused on the W family.

ETA: Check the aerial photos of DR's house the day of the murders. JW's truck is parked there. It's not the same truck that LE put the tracker on. The first was gray colored, the second was red, different style of truck.

https://sharing.wcpo.com/sharewcpo/...ng2_1461356093635_36787347_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

https://static-11.sinclairstoryline...jamesManleytruckCourtnoonVoSot_frame_2184.png

Video of JW's truck around the time of the murders is possible. Recall LE was searching for other sources of security video footage in the area shortly after the murders. They may have found something showing JW's truck.

The truck of JM that LE put a GPS tracker on was not the same truck he was driving at the time of the murders. JMO, they put a tracker on that truck because they knew they could get a warrant for the tracker because JM was driving a truck connected to the murders. JMO, they wanted to see where JM was driving, if he was meeting with someone else they suspected of being connected to the murders. One can safely assume JM has told them who gave him the second truck, the one he was driving last spring and summer (recall LM said they put the tracker on the truck while the family was away attending last year's memorial service).

Speculation here in this forum last summer after JM's arrest was that the truck was given to JM by JW, possibly to set him up. I can't believe, after all the scrutiny from LE that JM and his family had been under, that he would knowingly drive a truck that was suspected of being part of the murders of his family. Of course he would tell LE who gave him the truck. That's probably one more reason why LE is focused on the W family.

ETA: Check the aerial photos of DR's house the day of the murders. JW's truck is parked there. It's not the same truck that LE put the tracker on. The first was gray colored, the second was red, different style of truck.

https://sharing.wcpo.com/sharewcpo/...ng2_1461356093635_36787347_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

https://static-11.sinclairstoryline...jamesManleytruckCourtnoonVoSot_frame_2184.png

I’ve read a family’s members statement that the green truck broke down after the murders, after JM finally got it back. Which corroborates LM’s statement. It truly makes me wonder though who gave him the red truck and why it was of such interest to LE. The warrantquoted in the article above is a very bold and clear statement that the truck was of interest in the murders.

Here’s the arrest warrant, which validates it was the red truck. I know it’s somewhere in one of these threads, but just so no one has to dig, if they haven’t seen it.
b29bee0c718e586427e02a7af9223456.jpg

RSBM

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was &#8220;used as a means of the commission of the crime&#8217;&#8217; of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

Let&#8217;s do some math here.

Authorities HAD to have some kind of circumstantial evidence to get that warrant. Also, warrants by law have to be factual. There&#8217;s no bluffing on LE&#8217;s end when it comes to warrants. IMO, something, I have no idea what, gave LE evidence to believe ATLEAST the truck driven by JM was used in the murders.

Now, if we factor in the text exchange that may or may not have happened (but probably did because there&#8217;s always some truth to even a rumor) between JW & JM, it makes one say HMMMM. JMO.

ETA-have we ever found out who that truck came from that JM was driving? LM stated clear as day, without a single slur, that JM&#8217;s friend gave him the truck.

Well this is just my opinion. My speculations are the the friend LM refers to may be JW or W family. Again JMO, maybe it was used to transport a 4 wheeler that the W's also owned, but it was sold (4 wheeler) after the murders. My thoughts have always been they (the killers) came in the back way to get to the properties, by using the rail-road tracks (around W's property) or the electric lines that ran through the properties (state keeps those clean of brush). I think that's one of the reasons KR was killed. I think they started there. I also remember that when LE/BCI raided the W property there was a picture or on media of 2 red 4 wheeler's on a trailer, being hauled by LE, Speculation at the time was LE/BCI were using them to check the property. But maybe not.

Those light on the red truck remind me of a hunter. Could be used to spot-light deer in the dark. JMO and we are thinking some of the same things.

I’ve read a family’s members statement that the green truck broke down after the murders, after JM finally got it back. Which corroborates LM’s statement. It truly makes me wonder though who gave him the red truck and why it was of such interest to LE. The warrantquoted in the article above is a very bold and clear statement that the truck was of interest in the murders.

Here’s the arrest warrant, which validates it was the red truck. I know it’s somewhere in one of these threads, but just so no one has to dig, if they haven’t seen it.
cache.php

Thank you, I had not seen that. And see what I mean about LM and AM enterjecting themselves in this investigation. I know their just taking up for there family, but it shows how they anger so easily to the public and that doesn't look good for them. I'm kinda glad they've learned to be quiet, although I miss the info we got from LM.

On HMR and JW. I have seen some FB posts also. I feel so bad for her and HHG. But HMR seemed so fragile even though see appeared to want to be as tough as her family. That girl to me, was looking for love and attention so badly and picking the worst for herself every time. I know little S was born in 2013? But I don't know how long she had stopped seeing JW, before she was seeing CG. Do you?

Here's what I've kinda come to based on piecing screenshots together, that I saved.

First pic I have of HMR/JW, on his timeline, is 6/2011. They look like normal happy kids.
They went deer hunting together, later on in the year, and she killed her first deer, again, seemed to be a happy pic, w/them, and her deer.

July, her parents allowed her to go on vacation to fla, with the Ws. It appears that they went wild boar hunting.

October 2012 shows they got engaged.

Nov. 2013, HMR posts a status, Got Married. She comments below it, that they didn't, really, but they may as well be. This is she and JW.

S arrived some time in mid year as there's a photo of her, on HMR's timeline, in August 2014, and S is holding her head up really well. A pastor, from a church, in Camp Creek, comments on the pic, and says that he's missed her,
and was wondering what had happened to her. He was glad she stopped by last week (which would have been late July, 2014). I think that she'd not been because of recouping from having S and/or maybe not wanting to go once she was showing. Just speculation on my part. He posted on another pic, and said he'd been praying for her family. She said she'd try to come back. He expressed that she had become part of the church family, and would be looking for "all of you". She said she'd talk to him soon, hopefully. (Note, this pastor's timeline went to a blank slate, as of March 30 of 2016 until Dec. 5, 2016).

Oct 2015, HMR profile states she's in a relationship. I believe that to be CH, because, she sent CG a pic of the ultrasound, that was taken on 9/21/2015. CG said that they had already parted ways when he got the pic.

Based on her ultrasound, her likely dates of conception, were August 3rd-11 of 2015. This leads me to believe that that CG was a rebound relationship, and that the third person probably was as well.

I think that she and JW started breaking up, around the middle, or end, of July, based on her FB posts, and the dates she became pregnant, and the 50/50 chance that JW could have been K's father. Then she seemed to move on, to a relationship with CH.

March/April 2016, She is definitely in a relationship with CH.

One other note; DR posted on her own FB, on March 18, 2016, a meme that said "Love you more", and posted atop, "life is good <3 u C.D.R." I just don't think she saw this coming. Whatever this was, I don't think that they saw it as leading to their murders.

I'm not entirely sure the W's were the murderers, but I do think they had a role in the deaths and are connected in some way to the killers. I believe they know far more about the case than the Manleys do. It's still pretty shocking they weren't looked at more closely in the aftermath of the murders and that they were allowed to move out of state with no follow up by LE, other than the searches of the family estates after they left.

The surviving Rhoden/Manley/Gilley family members had no power to influence the investigation after the murders. They had no money to hire lawyers and were sitting ducks for LE. W's, JMO, had more money, power and influence in the community and possibly elsewhere to keep the focus away from their family until they could clean up and move out. If they had MJ grow ops on any of their extensive land holdings, they were not raided later, as were others in the area. Keep in mind, their residences and real estate holdings were in Adams and Scioto Counties, where things may have worked differently for them.

I am one of those that do think the W's did this. JW specifically with help from mom or dad or brother. I think it boils down to HR broke away from him, he killed her and every one close to her. Just some more pond scum that thinks some little girl is his punching bag.

ETA I am still so angry over the two girls Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible and the fact that two PI's were ignored and those two girls could have been rescued alive.

Please know I am not accusing the M's of murdering their family. I do think they could have sympathized with JW's desire to have sole custody of his daughter, S. I am curious as to why JM chose to park so far away from DR's home. I'm sure this has been discussed. I don't understand why he wouldn't have driven as close to the home as he could knowing that other family members had been murdered. Did he suspect that his vehicle could be included as part of the crime scene and impounded and he wanted to park out of that boundary? But, at the end of the day, LE still got that truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member