The ransom note

So are you saying that John and Patsy went back to the home after the murder? I thought they wouldn't set another foot into that home.

This was a move from their Atlanta home in 2002.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

76de8bab95746e0fca32ab6b3217a27b.jpg

851f2748ee81f09430d6fcf795958ecf.jpeg

Looking through the tv guide for that week (it's my only tv guide!), I don't see "African Queen" so can't vouch that it showed, but I do see a show called "Victory! With Billy Joe and Sharon Daugherty," a religious show. That was on multiple times a week.

Heyya fr brown

When did Ruthless People air?

I thought at the time, and still do, that it read like a ransom note in a movie, or what someone thinks a ransom note should read like. "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter." The reference to an organized group. All the "do X and she dies" text. This does not mean that the person wasn't originally planning a kidnapping - there's a possibility that was the original plan if an intruder did it and the plan fell apart like the Lindbergh Baby case - it just means they have been heavily influenced by TV shows, movies, etc. and what they think ransom notes should be. And outside police or true crime buffs, the only exposure most people have had to ransom notes have been through the media. I don't think they would have been "professional kidnappers" if such a thing exists, otherwise the note would have been very short since long notes tend to give away the actual handwriting of the person involved.

When the FBI read the RN they stated that the child was dead. (this was before they found her body) If you read the numerous writings of organizations that have examined the RN they all say that JBR was dead when the RN was written. Huge clue is how many times the writer uses "she dies" in the note

When the FBI read the RN they stated that the child was dead. (this was before they found her body) If you read the numerous writings of organizations that have examined the RN they all say that JBR was dead when the RN was written. Huge clue is how many times the writer uses "she dies" in the note

kaykay543,
Sure, and thats because all the LEA Agencies knew they were dealing with a staged crime-scene.

Yet the Media played it as an intruder abduction, and have continued to largely do so.

Like I say elsewhere, and it always upsets old timers, those that cling to theories read in books and and enunciated over and over again on various sites, to such an extent that any deviation is considered heretical, a sin against freedom of speech etc. These folks always return when the media does a JonBenet special.

So the million dollar Q is: If the case is not IDI what exactly is it ?

And who would be dumb enough to leave the evidence trail down to the wine-cellar?

kaykay543,
Sure, and thats because all the LEA Agencies knew they were dealing with a staged crime-scene.

Yet the Media played it as an intruder abduction, and have continued to largely do so.

Like I say elsewhere, and it always upsets old timers, those that cling to theories read in books and and enunciated over and over again on various sites, to such an extent that any deviation is considered heretical, a sin against freedom of speech etc. These folks always return when the media does a JonBenet special.

So the million dollar Q is: If the case is not IDI what exactly is it ?

And who would be dumb enough to leave the evidence trail down to the wine-cellar?

I am just a lay person but even years ago when I read the ransom note my first thought was she was dead when it was written. My second thought was PR wrote it. I still stand by both.

They didn't have a lot of time to do a cover up. They were supposed to meet the plane so they had to come up with a story and cover up before they were missed by the pilot. This is probably why they left so much evidence.

Off topic (kinda) but no one ever talks about all the cleaning supplies that were left out in odd places. I know in one of the depositions they ask PR about it. But I never see it discussed on any forum. But I could have missed it.

I am just a lay person but even years ago when I read the ransom note my first thought was she was dead when it was written. My second thought was PR wrote it. I still stand by both.

They didn't have a lot of time to do a cover up. They were supposed to meet the plane so they had to come up with a story and cover up before they were missed by the pilot. This is probably why they left so much evidence.

Off topic (kinda) but no one ever talks about all the cleaning supplies that were left out in odd places. I know in one of the depositions they ask PR about it. But I never see it discussed on any forum. But I could have missed it.

KK-
I apologize for monopolizing your bandwidth.

One theory of the cleaning solution bottles that were left around the home:

LHP fingerprints

be77813333bb3d61e1c6c48c245f08a6.jpg

a1497afe1ae332d5161bf9758dd47b95.jpg

KK-

What do you consider not having time to do a cover-up? 5 hours?

Ruthless people came out in 1986. It didn't need to air on on public channels. HBO and Cinemax may have had it on their rotations.

You're talking about broadcast channels? TV Guide for that week (which I have) lists the shows on HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, in addition to other cable channels and the broadcast channels. I don't see Ruthless People listed. If you think that it showed that week, tell me when and I'll check. I might have missed it.

I have read many articles and have seen many of documentaries/docu-series about this murder. I must say, my feelings have never changed...there was snow on the ground but no foot marks going to and from the home. The parents, undoubtedly had either conspired with a friend or relative. I firmly believe Patsy wrote the RN with her non-writing hand (Ambidextrous) I do believe the police knew as well but that family was very known in that area, it would hinder their lives if they were found guilty.

I don't know why this changed font half way through. My computer seems to not like this website.

KK-

What do you consider not having time to do a cover-up? 5 hours?

5 hours (in my opinion) is not very long to do all that had to be done to do a good cover up. Then again it was good enough since no one was ever charged. I don't think PR ever went to sleep.

The ransom note alone took a good chunk of time. First you have to think of what to write. Then write it. And re write it. I have read it takes like 23 mins to write out that note. But that doesn't take into consideration the time to gather your thoughts and think of what to write. Then all the other staging that was done in various levels of the house. Which is probably why they over looked the pineapple on the table.

I suspect that initially there was a huge amount of panic and a breakdown on PR's part. So that probably covers at least an hour. Then the cover up began. The time just to make a plan of what to do has to be accounted for. The ransom note probably took 45 mins to an hour. Then they have to fix her bedroom, possibly her bathroom, the kitchen and finally go to the basement.

Unfortunately none of us will ever really know what went on in those 5 hours. I know at one point PR said something about someone did this JBR "all over the house" Which I think was a slip on her part.

Why would Patsy write a long rambling ransom note. The first thing you would think about in writing a fake note, is that your own handwriting would be sourced for comparison. The longer the note, the more evidence you leave behind. It makes sense that the note would therefore be short and to the point.

Why would Patsy write a long rambling ransom note. The first thing you would think about in writing a fake note, is that your own handwriting would be sourced for comparison. The longer the note, the more evidence you leave behind. It makes sense that the note would therefore be short and to the point.

I fully understand where you are coming from but has anyone thought that maybe Patty was Ambidextrous? They didn’t have her write samples with both hands from what I remember... I may be mistaken but I’m not sure. She was very much into literature and journalism. I’m comparing two people here: one, a friend of mine who’s a journalist and has a major in journalism and minored in literature. She is ambidextrous-however I am the only one who knows that because I lived with her for 4 years in college. It may sound far fetched but it a possibility!

Ambidextrous or not. No proof anyway. I can't see somebody in this position sitting down to write a long winded ransom note when 3 or 4 lines would suffice

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back