Found Deceased TX - Scott Mayer, 47, San Antonio, 2 May 2018

Our local news in San Antonio said his vehicle was found in front of a house

Thanks. I didn’t catch that. If a car was parked in front of my house for several days to a week, I’d certainly start to wonder. I guess the person wasn’t aware he was missing? Or what?

Our local news in San Antonio said his vehicle was found in front of a house
Oh dear, perhaps he didn't want his body found :( This is so heartwrenching. Parked it and then walked into the brush perhaps. The lead mentioned he went to Walmart pharmacy. I guess toxicology would be more telling. Does anyone know if that was truly him that went to the pharmacy or was it mistaken identity? The lead that mentioned he was to go to the Kentucky derby?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe a vacant lot/house?

Yes, very possible, since we don't know details. We own property in another county, and we aren't there for weeks at a time. I could easily imagine a scenario
where someone could park on my property, unknown to me, or to most anyone that lives around our property. They might not be found for some time.

To me, it does seem like maybe there was a tip, or someone came upon the scene and alerted authorities, etc. MOO. It was close enough to 46, and not
extremely remote. Properties like this can have limited visibility and thick brush, etc.

Sad update to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So awful. I'm thankful that his family can at least move forward in whatever way they can. This is such a sad story. RIP, Scott.

I hope we can learn a bit about what was going on behind the scenes with him so that we can better equip and prepare ourselves from letting another loved one succumb to suicide.

Doesn’t the title need to be changed? This is so sad. I’d been following and sharing on FB too.

I worked with Scott for many years at NEISD and am also shocked at the happenings. I had not known of the lawsuits but find it telling that there was some sort of involvement on April 20, just a week or two before he left for good. I didn’t know his wife but had met her and I saw how shattered she is. Just keep her and his precious girls in your prayers. Their daddy was their world. I think that with a full time job at Ed Tech, a full time job as coach and president of the South Texas Sliders, plus maybe the stress of three teenaged girls at home...and this lawsuit, or taxes or whatever... would break many of us. He was a great guy to know, to work with, always dependable. I suppose it may have just gotten too much for him to “uphold” the perfect image that everyone seems to have of him. RIP sweet Scott, I will always remember your smile and your hearty laugh. ��

I worked with Scott for many years at NEISD and am also shocked at the happenings. I had not known of the lawsuits but find it telling that there was some sort of involvement on April 20, just a week or two before he left for good. I didn’t know his wife but had met her and I saw how shattered she is. Just keep her and his precious girls in your prayers. Their daddy was their world. I think that with a full time job at Ed Tech, a full time job as coach and president of the South Texas Sliders, plus maybe the stress of three teenaged girls at home...and this lawsuit, or taxes or whatever... would break many of us. He was a great guy to know, to work with, always dependable. I suppose it may have just gotten too much for him to “uphold” the perfect image that everyone seems to have of him. RIP sweet Scott, I will always remember your smile and your hearty laugh. ��

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I worked with Scott for many years at NEISD and am also shocked at the happenings. I had not known of the lawsuits but find it telling that there was some sort of involvement on April 20, just a week or two before he left for good. I didn't know his wife but had met her and I saw how shattered she is. Just keep her and his precious girls in your prayers. Their daddy was their world. I think that with a full time job at Ed Tech, a full time job as coach and president of the South Texas Sliders, plus maybe the stress of three teenaged girls at home...and this lawsuit, or taxes or whatever... would break many of us. He was a great guy to know, to work with, always dependable. I suppose it may have just gotten too much for him to “uphold” the perfect image that everyone seems to have of him. RIP sweet Scott, I will always remember your smile and your hearty laugh. ��

That's almost exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes being on a pedestal for so long really tires someone out. Poor guy. May he rest in peace and may his family find the courage to be strong in his honor.

Does anyone know anymore details on the lawsuit? was he being sued by both parties mc callister Little league AND callis? The court that its filed in is not a small JP court, so it seems like a large civil lawsuit for extremely reckless to negligent behavior. Unfortunate regardless that he would assume that taking his own life was the answer. He impacted so many people in a positive way and will continue for years to come.

Does anyone know anymore details on the lawsuit? was he being sued by both parties mc callister Little league AND callis? The court that its filed in is not a small JP court, so it seems like a large civil lawsuit for extremely reckless to negligent behavior. Unfortunate regardless that he would assume that taking his own life was the answer. He impacted so many people in a positive way and will continue for years to come.

Best I can tell, Callis is the Plaintiff and bringing suit against Mcallister Park Little League and P.A.S.T. Time Baseball. Mayer and Pantuso are partners in the business P.A.S.T. Time. Looks like the business puts on, or runs, baseball tournaments at Mcallister Park. I did see where there are a couple of players with the last name of Callis, that play on a baseball team in their tournaments.

Such sad news. I was hoping for the best but feared this. May his family have closure and peace. RIP Scott. My heart goes out to his wife and daughters.

That lawsuit was “old news”. I think a ball flew out of the batting cage and hit a little girl.

It had an actionable item on it as recent as April 20th. That doesn't seem so old to me.

That lawsuit was “old news”. I think a ball flew out of the batting cage and hit a little girl.

I found some info. You can see at the Bexar link the plaintiff is "Caben Callis."

<modsnip>

It had an actionable item on it as recent as April 20th. That doesn't seem so old to me.

Correct. But it wasn’t something that he took his life over. It’s a personal injury case. All parties were insured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleuthy1101
Back