VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

It appears Rich has been transferred and I can’t find where he was transferred to. Is anyone in this group able to help find out what prison he is currently at? Thanks in advance.
Interesting....I do not see him in state or federal prison system. Are you hearing anything about his status?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I've heard he's still in jail, but was transferred. I know someone who filled out the paperwork to get a notification prior to his release, they haven't received any notification. It's just very odd that his whereabouts can't be found.

Thanks!
Rich worked under the table as a handy man and grounds keeper. He had access to LOTS of properties. We've searched some, not all. The snow is slowing us down, another storm predicted for next week.

Some areas of interest for us are Beaver Meadow road and Downer road, and all roads that are off of those roads. Some of them are class 4 roads so they are unpassable in winter. We know that Rich liked to drive back roads, allegedly, he had a bit of a crack cocaine habit and the back roads where he could stop anytime he wanted were his thing.

Any mapping help help is greatly appreciated, it's hard to find maps with ALL these roads, class 4, logging, snowmobile trails etc.

Thanks!
Rich worked under the table as a handy man and grounds keeper. He had access to LOTS of properties. We've searched some, not all. The snow is slowing us down, another storm predicted for next week.

Some areas of interest for us are Beaver Meadow road and Downer road, and all roads that are off of those roads. Some of them are class 4 roads so they are unpassable in winter. We know that Rich liked to drive back roads, allegedly, he had a bit of a crack cocaine habit and the back roads where he could stop anytime he wanted were his thing.

Any mapping help help is greatly appreciated, it's hard to find maps with ALL these roads, class 4, logging, snowmobile trails etc.

Did he have an ATV that could pull a small cart? Something that he could have transported Austin somewhere deeper into the woods? I'd say maybe a snowmobile, but I don't know if that would have enough room to carry someone on the back of it.

Any hunting cabins close by?

I sent you my email address. I know one of the properties was in Norwich where the home owner is a snow bird and not really around.

If anyone is local and would like to help search, please let me know and I'll get details out to you. Thanks!

I sent you my email address. I know one of the properties was in Norwich where the home owner is a snow bird and not really around.

There are quite a few of those there and the snowbirds should be returning soon, usually April/May. But there are so many places that Austin could be besides a property that will be inhabited soon.
I just hate to say this but he could be buried in the middle of nowhere in thick woods. Black flies and mud season will be soon and that will make the search hard also for a time once all the snow melts.
Still hoping for a better outcome of course.

A federal court judge on Thursday approved Richard Whitcomb’s request to go to a drug rehabilitation facility in Bradford, Vt., pending trial on firearms charges.

But there is a chance Whitcomb, who prosecutors have identified as a suspect in the January disappearance of Royalton resident Austin Colson, won’t be able to go.

The U.S. District Attorney plans to appeal the decision. She has 24 hours to do so.

If the judge's ruling stands and if a bed becomes available, Whitcomb would be released from prison to attend a residential program at Valley Vista.

http://www.vnews.com/White-River-Man-May-Be-Released-for-Drug-Treatment-16978371

In addition:

Colson, whose 20th birthday was in February, still is missing.

His mother and several other people have planned group searches for May 5, which falls on Vermont’s Green Up Day.

Now that the snow is gone, she hopes there will be new information that leads authorities to her son.

Vermont State Police continue to ask anyone with information about Colson’s whereabouts to come forward.

This is terrible news! We need to find Austin as soon as possible. If Rich is released he will be able to tamper with more evidence. We need help! If anyone know anything that might help us find Austin PLEASE come forward now. We sincerely appreciate any help no matter how small you think it might be. THANK YOU!

Rich was released to rehab.... I not understand the court systems, he has a warrant for his arrest on fraud charges, he's currently in jail, he is the prime suspect in a missing persons case, yet they release him to rehab!?

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/perso...stin-colson-released-to-valley-vista/19865526

Time to get out and help this family search for Austin and his belongings. The quicker something is found, or Austin himself, the faster the suspect gets back behind bars where he belongs.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. When time is available for us and if Austin hasn't been found, we will take a trip up there to help search. Right now, we have several things going on in our family (medical issues, one very sick with cancer) that is preventing us from helping for the time being. I hope you find him soon, but if not, we will be in touch. God Bless.

First I would offer my best wishes to Austin’s family and friends. I can’t fathom the toll that his disappearance has taken on them.

I have two quick observations before I return to lurkerdom. Both are offered based on the assumption that Mr. Whitcomb is responsible for Austin’s disappearance.

First, if Mr. Whitcomb is allowed to go to treatment at Valley Vista I hope the judge requires monitoring at the facility. I do not believe Valley Vista is a secure facility, and though he has not been charged in regards to Austin’s disappearance AFAIK, that doesn’t mean he won’t bolt.

Second, I would suggest cross-referencing Mr. Whitcomb’s known associates and anyone related to the suggested drug activity surrounding Austin against the person’s access to a manure pit or slurrystore. LE may have done this already but bear with me. Presuming Austin met with foul play and someone needed to dispose of a body, at the time of his disappearance the ground and many bodies of water were frozen. Farmers do put critters into manure pits as an alternative to burial or paying to have them disposed of. Just as mud season will make searching the region more difficult, the warmer temperatures will increase the rate of decomposition in a manure pit. Bones do not stand a chance in the chopper attached to a manure spreader.

Many years ago I had a conversation with a good ‘ol boy from Franklin county Vermont and the case of Brianna Maitlin came up. If you are unfamiliar with her disappearance from northern Vermont, I believe there is a WS thread about her as well as many sources of information on the Internet. There are many similarities in their disappearances IMO. This man was certain that Brianna had been ambushed and killed the night she disappeared and her body disposed of at one of the many large farms in the area. It is a commonly held theory in her case and something to consider with Austin’s.

That being said, I hope that he is found alive. Again my best wishes to his family & friends.

Young man Austin Colson still missing from Vermont four months later

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ill-missing-vermont-four-months-later-n872136

So heartbreaking! If all goes well and he's still not found, I might grab hubby and try to help next weekend. This poor kid deserves to be found, his girlfriend and his family deserve closure. My heart just aches for his little sister- I know at that age, I considered my older brother a God- how painful for her and their mother. Prayers they find answers soon.

There is a group of us that meet at the Sharon, VT trading post Saturday between 9:30 and 10. We have an area planned to search Saturday so we will be departing the Trafing post promptly at 10 am.

There is a group of us that meet at the Sharon, VT trading post Saturday between 9:30 and 10. We have an area planned to search Saturday so we will be departing the Trafing post promptly at 10 am.

Thanks, Moggie73. I am in touch with the family and have been discussing this with one of them off WS.

Hi Criminal Justice Mom - We are still searching for Austin. As you may or not know RW has been released from VV. We are desperate for any information that could lead to Austin. Please, please help. Thank you very much!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back