TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, how would making 21 years the minimum age for buying guns, have prevented this young man taking his father's guns?

You could require that all gun owners to keep their guns secured and locked up at all times, and hold them personally responsible for any crimes committed with the guns they own.

I feel so enlightened now by what the word hero means. We are all allowed to decide who we consider heroes and what a heroic action is. IMO
I don't think that means one is "illogical" in their thought process.
My hero out of this is the student that tried to block the door and lost his life as a result.

You could require that all gun owners to keep their guns secured and locked up at all times, and hold them personally responsible for any crimes committed with the guns they own.

Yes, that would be a good start.

You are aware of how underfunded schools are, to say nothing about the vast majority of underpaid teachers?
Our State, Arizona, just finished a teachers' strike. Teachers are paying out of their own pocket for supplies. Classes are overcrowded. Quality of education is lacking because of limited one on one for many students............ the list goes on and on. What happened to classes like art and music?

No, arming teachers and putting more stop gap security measures is just pure insanity and throwing money at our broken school systems to protect our children from other children with a GUN is more of the same.

How much would it cost us to have a similar law as the Drinking Act of 1984 pertaining to firearms?

NOT A DIME.

We already PAY our lawmakers.

I attended a parochial school for junior high, then high school.

There is even less money involved in parochial schools yet very few have ever had school shootings.

Why is that?

Would the penalty be financial or criminal? A fine or jail/prison?

You are aware of how underfunded schools are, to say nothing about the vast majority of underpaid teachers?
Our State, Arizona, just finished a teachers' strike. Teachers are paying out of their own pocket for supplies. Classes are overcrowded. Quality of education is lacking because of limited one on one for many students............ the list goes on and on. What happened to classes like art and music?

No, arming teachers and putting more stop gap security measures is just pure insanity and throwing money at our broken school systems to protect our children from other children with a GUN is more of the same.

How much would it cost us to have a similar law as the Drinking Act of 1984 pertaining to firearms?

NOT A DIME.

We already PAY our lawmakers.

So what is your free solution?

I attended a parochial school for junior high, then high school.

There is even less money involved in parochial schools yet very few have ever had school shootings.

Why is that?

I sent my daughter to parochial school and I had to pay tuition to the school, on top of regular tax dollars funding public schools.

Perhaps the main difference is the number of private and parochial schools and students vs. number of public schools and students. Maybe it's only a matter of time until private and parochial schools are represented equally on the school shooting charts.

There are other differences, of course, perhaps not as many people sending their kids to expensive, elite private schools keep guns everywhere children can get to them.

As more and more school shootings happen and with continued tax cuts to education I think online schooling will become the future for education.

So poor kids or kids of working parents are sent to a library to take classes? Not everyone can afford to have a parent at home monitoring a child, or have the proper hardware and software and internet connections.

Fines and confiscation of guns.

So rich people would pay the fine and buy new guns.

Poor people wouldn't have the money to pay the fine and would either be given a break and pay nothing which would negate the whole penalty or have their wages garnished which could lead to homelessness or other unconscionable things happening to them.

I don't like that idea.

Poor people wouldn't have the money to pay the fine and would either be given a break and pay nothing which would negate the whole penalty or have their wages garnished which could lead to homelessness or other unconscionable things happening to them.

I don't like that idea.

If the poor don't commit a crime with their gun they won't have to worry about it.

I don't like that idea.

I agree everyone should face the same consequences. Fines, jail or probation, guns confiscated, and a loss of gun privileges for a certain period of time. It should be treated like a speeding ticket or DWI with specific case law so that expensive lawyers can't dance around and get rich clients off.

I don't like that idea.

Why? There are fines for other things? Why would this one be more injurious than a traffic fine?

Under my rules, they wouldn't be allowed to buy more guns or have a time suspension.

What if the gun was stolen by someone outside the owner's family?

Would the owner have the right to sue the person who stole the gun?

If the gun is stolen and used in a crime is the gun owner held responsible?

What if the gun was stolen by someone outside the owner's family?

Would the owner have the right to sue the person who stole the gun?

That is where having guns stored securely comes in.

I am sorry, how would making 21 years the minimum age for buying guns, have prevented this young man taking his father's guns?

Wouldn't have prevented this one but would have prevented Parkland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R