OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it's always read to me, yes, he would have, if he heard the baby, and didn't want to see his niece "like that", and backed out. It's not uncommon for family members to have keys to each others homes especially when they live close like that. I've got keys to my close family's homes, and have passed all of mine out to them, we can't even figure out who has the key to the back door.

I agree on both aspects. LM could’ve had a key that JM used as well or there could’ve been a key hidden outside. I was curious if the door was locked/unlocked and that cleared it up for me:) thank you!!

He'd said that he felt the Rhoden family was targeted, but, he went on to say that the individual(s) who did this should be considered armed and extremely dangerous and that [FONT=&amp]residents in the area should, "lock their doors and stay alert."

Marijuana 'grow operations' found at multiple Pike Co., OH crime scenes

[/FONT]He's also said; He said it was clear the family was targeted and that he has warned the surviving members of the Rhoden family to take precautions and arm themselves."I cautioned them, told them we will be there," Reader told CBS News. "I told (them) to be armed.".

Facebook threat targeted executed Ohio family

I took this as a comment to residents of the community in general; “If you are fearful, arm yourself. If you feel you need to protect yourself or your family, do so,” Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader suggested.

In rural Ohio, a call to 'arm yourself'

Thank you, rsd. So the Rhoden's were warned, and the general public. Manley's not mentioned specifically. It sounds to me as though Reader was expecting more blood shed.
GR seemed to have run with, what Mom might call, a rough crowd. That means nothing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
JM drove to DR's in his truck. It was a gray/black colored pickup seen in the crime scene photos. Do a search of the Rhoden murder threads here and you will find hundreds of comments. It's been discussed here many times.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the mods create a new thread for us that's devoted to discussions for those who think the Manleys killed the Rhodens. Just a separate place where those who think the Manleys are guilty can review their theory. Sound ok?

Demolition Derby's.
An article about a fight between FR and a rival.
Violent Rhoden Brothers Met a Violent End in Ohio Massacre.

Remembering the R's. Smash it derby. Regulars in annual fair event remember the Rhodens, for whom driving was a tradition

I have a hard time seeing it being about the derby, however, when I list things that all of the family members have in common, Demo Derby hits up there pretty high on the list. The whole family seemed to love the derbies. I'd forgotten til I re-read your 2nd link, that HHG and FR, had two derby cars. HHG had her own car. KR2 spoke, in another article, about memories of playing nearby while her father worked on derby cars. They all got into it. Derbying isn't exactly what I'd call a cheap hobby, either, but they did most all their own work, and used parts from the junked out cars on the place, I'd guess. It's getting hard to find the old heavy vehicles, and parts, too.

Thank you, rsd. So the Rhoden's were warned, and the general public. Manley's not mentioned specifically. It sounds to me as though Reader was expecting more blood shed.
GR seemed to have run with, what Mom might call, a rough crowd. That means nothing. :rolleyes:

I'd not count out the theory of GR, CR1, and KR, getting hooked up with someone from the Greenup, to Detroit, pipeline, and something going sideways. LE has been focusing on that pipeline for several years now.

I have a hard time seeing it being about the derby, however, when I list things that all of the family members have in common, Demo Derby hits up there pretty high on the list. The whole family seemed to love the derbies. I'd forgotten til I re-read your 2nd link, that HHG and FR, had two derby cars. HHG had her own car. KR2 spoke, in another article, about memories of playing nearby while her father worked on derby cars. They all got into it. Derbying isn't exactly what I'd call a cheap hobby, either, but they did most all their own work, and used parts from the junked out cars on the place, I'd guess. It's getting hard to find the old heavy vehicles, and parts, too.

I'm not sure about the derby either but they were into it big time. Until I read that article I had no idea HHG was also involved. I also didn't realize the winning pots were so high. 10G - 30G! That could create some bitter rivalries.
I have a son who is into old cars and trucks and it is getting very hard to find them, and parts, yes.

I'm not sure about the derby either but they were into it big time. Until I read that article I had no idea HHG was also involved. I also didn't realize the winning pots were so high. 10G - 30G! That could create some bitter rivalries.
I have a son who is into old cars and trucks and it is getting very hard to find them, and parts, yes.

We have the demo derbies on a small scale, here, and, the antique vehicles are big here. We are into motorcycles, and cars. One of our motorcycles is an antique, so the better half is a parts hoarder. He's afraid he might need that part someday, and can't get it so won't part with a part. When we go to meets, or rallies, he's browsing the parts tables. Here's an article about the derbies, the love of them, and the scarcity of parts. I don't think the scarcity of parts has hit quite as bad here, as hard, just yet, but it will. :(

The Demise Of Old-Style Demolition Derby

Absolutely. GR's brother being chased the day after the murders...even though he recanted?
Rhoden family member chased day after shootings, he reports

You know, this was a very early theory of mine, that GR brought the connection with him from Greenup. I kinda set it off to the side, as it didn't seem that GR was a wheeler dealer, but, I've seen folks come up with some creative thinking when they've been down on their luck. Especially if they are into drug world.

JM drove to DR's in his truck. It was a gray/black colored pickup seen in the crime scene photos. Do a search of the Rhoden murder threads here and you will find hundreds of comments. It's been discussed here many times.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the mods create a new thread for us that's devoted to discussions for those who think the Manleys killed the Rhodens. Just a separate place where those who think the Manleys are guilty can review their theory. Sound ok?
I’m confused. Who’s saying or thinks the Manley’s killed the Rhoden’s? I think I missed something somewhere.

PS hi everyone! I didn’t know ws was back up and moving again. That was quick.

Last edited:
We have the demo derbies on a small scale, here, and, the antique vehicles are big here. We are into motorcycles, and cars. One of our motorcycles is an antique, so the better half is a parts hoarder. He's afraid he might need that part someday, and can't get it so won't part with a part. When we go to meets, or rallies, he's browsing the parts tables. Here's an article about the derbies, the love of them, and the scarcity of parts. I don't think the scarcity of parts has hit quite as bad here, as hard, just yet, but it will. :(

The Demise Of Old-Style Demolition Derby
Lol. My son started filling up my yard with vehicles, for parts. He's currently eyeing up an old Indian motorcycle that sits on someone's porch out in the country. A family full of riding enthusiasts yet I still don't have one of my own. :(
Derbies are small time here, just an occasional fair.

You know, this was a very early theory of mine, that GR brought the connection with him from Greenup. I kinda set it off to the side, as it didn't seem that GR was a wheeler dealer, but, I've seen folks come up with some creative thinking when they've been down on their luck. Especially if they are into drug world.
Ditto, rsd. I've lived in that world also and know the thinking.

Lol. My son started filling up my yard with vehicles, for parts. He's currently eyeing up an old Indian motorcycle that sits on someone's porch out in the country. A family full of riding enthusiasts yet I still don't have one of my own. :(
Derbies are small time here, just an occasional fair.

BBM
O/T No time like the present! :cool:

In reading and thinking over the past couple days, I
I came this close to a brand new 883 ( which would be modified) right after my divorce. I decided to pay the bills instead. lol You know you're getting old when....

I understand. I bought my first one, a sporty, which we modified, when I was much younger. I rode behind til then. Hope you getcha one when the time is right. :)

I was perusing articles about the pipeline, and, I know we've brought it up before, but the L**d*ngh*ms are GR's mother, and step-dad and, idk if there is any relation there, at all, but I've been keeping tabs on another case, in Martin, Ky. They've already charged someone in the murders of the three found up in the holler there, but, the last name of the one boy, matches the one woman in the link below, "S*mm*ns".

5 indicted in alleged drug pipeline

Three murdered in Martin, Ky (there's a thread started).
Emails under investigation in triple slaying

There’s some great ones on YouTube. If you search “Union Hill Road Ohio”, it should take you to the first one. That user has a couple other videos as well going to two other locations-the W’s and Hillside Nursing Home.

Also, here’s one Jody Barr did. I’ve not seen it in the timeline, but I could’ve missed it. This is the only link for the video and takes you to the video published on his professional fb page.

I just want to bump this and note some things I noticed in Jody Barr’s video which makes me believe that these murders didn’t take that much planning.

The drive from DR’s house on JBarr’s video is about 2 minutes 3 seconds. It starts at about 6:04 and he arrives at the end of CR1’s driveway at 8:07. The drive was done in daylight but someone familiar with the road very well could have made that same drive (either way/to/from) in the same amount of time.

JBarr walked from the bed of CR1’s driveway to in front of FR’s house, where the porch still sits. That walk started at 10:59 and ended at 11:49 into that video. 50 seconds, give or take.

In under 3 minutes, JBarr drove from DR’s, was at the end of CR1’s driveway and walked in a fast pace to FR’s.

My point is many believe this had to be some detailed plan but it didn’t have to be. If someone knew their schedules and knew where they lived, it’s my guess that this crime was pulled off in a very short amount of time.

This post took me about 2-3 minutes to type and I don’t know who has driven by my house or what’s going on outside right now. Just like all of the neighbors were probably in bed asleep and didn’t see any cars or people. It’s easy to miss things happening outside, especially at night. JMHO

In reading and thinking over the past couple days, I

I understand. I bought my first one, a sporty, which we modified, when I was much younger. I rode behind til then. Hope you getcha one when the time is right. :)

I was perusing articles about the pipeline, and, I know we've brought it up before, but the L**d*ngh*ms are GR's mother, and step-dad and, idk if there is any relation there, at all, but I've been keeping tabs on another case, in Martin, Ky. They've already charged someone in the murders of the three found up in the holler there, but, the last name of the one boy, matches the one woman in the link below, "S*mm*ns".

5 indicted in alleged drug pipeline

Three murdered in Martin, Ky (there's a thread started).
Emails under investigation in triple slaying

Do you know who has been charged with the murders in Martin?
My first thought was always that GR brought the trouble with him. As far as the Wag family, I think they know something and they lied about it. They might even be the witnesses that LE is waiting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname