OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the lettering on the sign is backward on the first part. Then upside down, too...

I think Jody wasn’t sure how to do a fb live LOL he had the phone pointed the wrong way and the backwards sign is cause he had the phone in “selfie mode” with the front facing camera. The front facing camera turns everything backwards when we see the image.

I was looking at some of the old Utube videos and ran across this interview with Sheriff Reader. At about the 2:01 to 2:22 mark he talks about the crime and says that all the murders could have been done very quickly because of the closeness of the crime scenes. He seems to think not much time would have elapsed from beginning to end of the crime spree.

Note also that at about 1:23 she says "At first there was no motive" implying that at the time of this interview with Reader that he knew what the motive was.

At about 4:15 the reporter says to Dewine "It sounds like you know exactly who you are looking for in this case" implying that Dewine told her something to indicate that just prior to her statement.

I-Team: Sheriff says Pike County killers are likely locals - YouTube

I was looking at some of the old Utube videos and ran across this interview with Sheriff Reader. At about the 2:01 to 2:22 mark he talks about the crime and says that all the murders could have been done very quickly because of the closeness of the crime scenes. He seems to think not much time would have elapsed from beginning to end of the crime spree.

Note also that at about 1:23 she says "At first there was no motive" implying that at the time of this interview with Reader that he knew what the motive was.

At about 4:15 the reporter says to Dewine "It sounds like you know exactly who you are looking for in this case" implying that Dewine told her something to indicate that just prior to her statement.

I-Team: Sheriff says Pike County killers are likely locals - YouTube
Thank you for this. Also noted that Reader stated “It wasn’t because they had a couple of little indoor grows”

I’m starting to wonder if one of the vehicles at CR1’s was used to drive to the other scenes. IF they drove one of CR1’s vehicles, that would make them even less suspecting if that vehicle was seen at the other locations.

This is just a theory and only that, but it would make sense. Also speculating that KR didn’t have amenities such as running water at his camper, it’s my new theory that he was killed because the killers expected him to arrive at CR1’s that morning to shower before work. They didn’t want to chance KR interrupting them. I’m sure KR had a water holding tank, but if you’re living in a camper, hauling water and filling up tanks would be a pain, so I’d imagine a person would try to conserve.

Maybe KR was known to go to CR1’s in the morning before work? Also, it’s my belief these killers somehow knew that KR was supposed to have an overnight guest and would have his door unlocked, allowing them access to his camper.

That could be how the killers got in Dana’s as well. If she saw a car pull in that looked like Chris’, why wouldn’t she open the door?

JMHO

I’m starting to wonder if one of the vehicles at CR1’s was used to drive to the other scenes. IF they drove one of CR1’s vehicles, that would make them even less suspecting if that vehicle was seen at the other locations.

This is just a theory and only that, but it would make sense. Also speculating that KR didn’t have amenities such as running water at his camper, it’s my new theory that he was killed because the killers expected him to arrive at CR1’s that morning to shower before work. They didn’t want to chance KR interrupting them. I’m sure KR had a water holding tank, but if you’re living in a camper, hauling water and filling up tanks would be a pain, so I’d imagine a person would try to conserve.

Maybe KR was known to go to CR1’s in the morning before work? Also, it’s my belief these killers somehow knew that KR was supposed to have an overnight guest and would have his door unlocked, allowing them access to his camper.

That could be how the killers got in Dana’s as well. If she saw a car pull in that looked like Chris’, why wouldn’t she open the door?

JMHO

I am thinking that KR was killed because the killers knew he had keys to the other homes. I am wondering if LE looked for or knew about any keys and if that is what they are basing their opinion that the killers knew this family well.

Usually one trusted person in a family is given spare keys to homes in case of an emergency or to feed the pet. I know my older sister had keys to everyone else's homes in case we were gone somewhere and needed something from the house or needed our pets fed.

Although BJM knew where the spare key was kept at CR1's she wasn't specifically given one and she apparently did not have one to FR or DR's house or know where one was kept.

It just seems like CR1 would have trusted KR more that anyone else or at least that is the impression I get from interviews with family members. I do not think he would have given keys to LM or JM either.

I have been thinking a lot on family vacations lately and whether the R's took such excursions. We know they often attended the demo derbies together. But did they go to other places as a group, like camping or hunting or to state parks ect? Trips to Disneyland to take the kids or someplace like that?

JMO

I am thinking that KR was killed because the killers knew he had keys to the other homes. I am wondering if LE looked for or knew about any keys and if that is what they are basing their opinion that the killers knew this family well.

Usually one trusted person in a family is given spare keys to homes in case of an emergency or to feed the pet. I know my older sister had keys to everyone else's homes in case we were gone somewhere and needed something from the house or needed our pets fed.

Although BJM knew where the spare key was kept at CR1's she wasn't specifically given one and she apparently did not have one to FR or DR's house or know where one was kept.

It just seems like CR1 would have trusted KR more that anyone else or at least that is the impression I get from interviews with family members. I do not think he would have given keys to LM or JM either.

I have been thinking a lot on family vacations lately and whether the R's took such excursions. We know they often attended the demo derbies together. But did they go to other places as a group, like camping or hunting or to state parks ect? Trips to Disneyland to take the kids or someplace like that?

JMO

Was it ever clarified how JM got in Dana’s house that morning? I need to dig out my notes and see if I have that written down.

Good eye on the jockey's advertising! Ruby said as much that it wasn't about the weed. He's done this type of thing before with putting up rewards. Something about this spooked him.

I've been looking back through old threads and re-reading notes too. Amazing what browsing old threads will bring to mind! In the beginning I was reading fast and trying to keep up, it's different now.

Here’s Ruby on camera dismissing the weed and saying he didn’t bother tweeting someone back when questioned about keeping the reward up If the murders were over drugs. His reply “Do we still want the killers caught?!”

https://youtu.be/yTsV-IUMD24

JMO

I’ve never seen any pics of Disneyland or trips away like that. However, not being Facebook friends with them limits what we can see in their posts, unless they’ve been posted publicly. I can say though, every memorial video I’ve seen made of them, whether it was by family or friends, there’s no pictures of family vacations.

ETA-that doesn’t mean they don’t exist, I’ve just never seen any pics of family vacations.

Who is the sheriff referring to when he tells the 'rest of the family' to be armed. R's or M's.

Who is the sheriff referring to when he tells the 'rest of the family' to be armed. R's or M's.

He'd said that he felt the Rhoden family was targeted, but, he went on to say that the individual(s) who did this should be considered armed and extremely dangerous and that [FONT=&amp]residents in the area should, "lock their doors and stay alert."

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]http://www.fox19.com/story/31791838/multiple-fatalities-reported-in-pike-county

[/FONT]He's also said; He said it was clear the family was targeted and that he has warned the surviving members of the Rhoden family to take precautions and arm themselves."I cautioned them, told them we will be there," Reader told CBS News. "I told (them) to be armed.".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-threat-targeted-executed-ohio-family/

I took this as a comment to residents of the community in general; “If you are fearful, arm yourself. If you feel you need to protect yourself or your family, do so,” Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader suggested

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/28/rural-ohio-call-arm-yourself/83648366/

I believe the one article that quoted AM speaking about JM seeing Dana’s legs is no longer accessible. A CNN article.

I saw that early, early, in the case, but have never seen it again, with a link. I have seen AM's statement about LM hearing the baby crying and then he backed out, with a link, afterwards, though.

Great catch! So, JM would’ve had to have had access to a key to get into Dana’s house.

The way it's always read to me, yes, he would have, if he heard the baby, and didn't want to see his niece "like that", and backed out. It's not uncommon for family members to have keys to each others homes especially when they live close like that. I've got keys to my close family's homes, and have passed all of mine out to them, we can't even figure out who has the key to the back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member