Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some question about what his actual birthday was? Is it October 30?

Also, the Ward Funeral Homes site says his date of death was November 30. But shouldn't that be November 29th?

MOO

I noticed that too and wondered if that was the actual date that DM and/or MB contacted Ward and the body was released to the funeral parlour from the morgue. And since they also didn't seem to be all that keen about any formal funeral service for the deceased, they didn't bother to correct that info on the funeral home website nor put his date of death on his obit in the newspaper. Once again perhaps subconsciously distancing from knowledge about the death.

If that's the date that the Ward Funeral Home received his remains, then perhaps there was an autopsy done on the 29th?

MOO

Can't wait to hear how they traced that gun to MWJ. I presume he makes sure his guns are free of any MWJ evidence before letting them go? Hard to imagine him handing them over wearing latex gloves tho.

That gun and two others were traced to MWJ during the TB investigation. From cell phone and computer records.

MOO

If it is true that they have proof that DM traveled via taxi-cab from MS's place to Maplegate (and back again too?), then surely that is all that is needed for a conviction? Like you mentioned, if he is later there with his own vehicle, and saying he couldn't get a hold of his dad for a few days... looks like a smoking gun to me too! jmo

PS Where did you see mention of needing a Pakistani translator?
Why do you think he took a cab from Oakville to the house on Maplegate? He had a car. Did he not want anyone to see him arriving at Maplegate.? There are things that he does that make no sense at least to us , but in his demented mind there was a reason.

I noticed that too and wondered if that was the actual date that DM and/or MB contacted Ward and the body was released to the funeral parlour from the morgue. And since they also didn't seem to be all that keen about any formal funeral service for the deceased, they didn't bother to correct that info on the funeral home website nor put his date of death on his obit in the newspaper. Once again perhaps subconsciously distancing from knowledge about the death.

If that's the date that the Ward Funeral Home received his remains, then perhaps there was an autopsy done on the 29th?

MOO
He was cremated.

MB was really into this raging alcoholism thing. I find it hard to believe that a raging alcoholic can be reliable enough to get an MRO off the ground. Even DM showing up at noon was more reliable than a raging alcoholic. Did MB believe everything her son told her or is she in on it?

I would agree , raging is the wrong word , I think he was what we would call a functioning alcoholic .

(Hate to say this) but many pilots get well lubricated at the end of the day .... even the airline guys .... some have even been caught flying impaired. (rare) .

Many "functioning alcoholics" lead otherwise good lives in their professions and as fathers etc, it is controlled to the point of mostly start drinking late afternoon and then into the evening.

Most of those folks are natural born alcoholics (for lack of a better term) , they are fully aware of it , control it as best as possible , lead responsible lives , and many people around them are not even aware.

The late Ted Kennedy is an example. Winston Churchill would sometimes drink an early morning pint of brandy while having his 4:00 AM bath while getting ready for another day of fighting and planning WW2. He , along with Roosevelt won the war.

I do agree with what Dellen's mom said ..... over a long term alcohol can poison the mind

The father might have known that Laura was murdered in the house. DM was afraid he would say something and so he had to kill him. that is one motive . The father may have found out that a lot of money was going from the business to buy things like the incinerator and he began questioning DM about it. The father might have told DM he was going to disinherit him. There are many motives DM had to kill his father.

I have also suspected Wayne was at least partly aware of the Laura situation , or got a good glimpse into exactly what direction his son was heading , and it certainly was not the path to running a responsible aircraft overhaul facility.

After spending the family fortune , plus incurring substantial debt , and then seeing it was all a waste , one could understand Wayne's feeling of failure and possible suicide

On the other hand if Dellen knew his dad knew the truth about him it would be an incentive for Dellen to "suicide" him

Both scenarios work.

He was cremated.

Yes but cremation is usually arranged by the funeral home of your choosing. They are the ones to pick up the body from the hospital/morgue, put it in a container of your choosing, and transport it to a crematorium.

So WM's body (after being released from an autopsy if one was done) would likely have been handled by the Ward Funeral Home in Woodbridge, hence the reason why he is listed on their obit pages.

And on that note, I do wonder what DM/MB did with WM's cremains.

MOO

Why do you think he took a cab from Oakville to the house on Maplegate? He had a car. Did he not want anyone to see him arriving at Maplegate.? There are things that he does that make no sense at least to us , but in his demented mind there was a reason.

We'd have to assume that he wanted to go to the house undetected. That is an expensive area with some elaborate homes. No doubt there were several homes with security cameras that would have caught his vehicle coming home and leaving. I wonder if LE were able to piece together where he was dropped off and how he left? Did he call another cab? Or have that one wait for him at some location?

MOO

What I find interesting is, is that there was blood on WM's left palm (and forearm), but it appears there is no blood anywhere on the gun. The photo of the gun was obviously taken at the scene as you can see the carpet in WM's bedroom, under the paper in this photo. But where's the cast off blood?

AC's tweet May 31st.
We're now seeing a close up of Wayne Millard's left hand. There's blood on the palm and forearm.

The fact that WM had his right hand tucked under his left cheek and appeared to be in a position which many people sleep in, seems pretty apparent he was shot in his sleep. How is it even possible for someone lying in that position to hold a gun and point it at themselves, let alone pull the trigger? A very awkward position indeed. "IF" WM shot himself, wouldn't it have been easier to hold the pistol in his right hand and then hold it to his right temple or in his mouth or under his chin? If he was left handed, he would have been turned on his right side instead of such an awkward position that is portrayed.

It seems DM snuck into the bedroom and held the gun just above WM's left extended hand, aim the barrel at his father's face and pulled the trigger hitting WM in the left eye. Only something a true psycho could do. The blood on WM's forearm would have been cast off blood, but how did blood end up on the palm of his hand? I suspect it was cast off blood that perhaps dripped off the gun, but again, no blood appears to be on the gun in the photo, which leaves me to believe that DM wiped down the gun after the shooting. Perhaps his initial plan was, he was going to make it look like a murder, that someone came in through the patio bedroom door and shot WM. He was going to take the gun with him so he wiped it down. Then he changed his plan thinking he could make it appear as a suicide, so he dropped the wiped down gun between the bed and dresser. He figured a suicide would be easier to explain away then someone wanting to murder his recluse father. I would like to believe WM's death was instantaneous.

It will be interesting to hear MM's testimony as to where she noticed DM came back that night to MS's house with a change of clothes on. Had LE suspected it was a murder, they would have found WM's blood in one of the sink, tub or shower drains from DM cleaning himself up after the shooting. Too bad and so sad this was a botched investigation, because as we all know, had it not been, TB would still be alive. ALL MOO.

Attachments

• DMgun.jpg
    DMgun.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
If it is true that they have proof that DM traveled via taxi-cab from MS's place to Maplegate (and back again too?), then surely that is all that is needed for a conviction? Like you mentioned, if he is later there with his own vehicle, and saying he couldn't get a hold of his dad for a few days... looks like a smoking gun to me too! jmo

PS Where did you see mention of needing a Pakistani translator?

That info came up in the pretrial discussions (etc) and various media , it was a request to delay the cab driver testimony because they had not locate a translator yet ... something like that ....

Edited to say I think it was a Punjabi translator , which may actually be the same thing

That info came up in the pretrial discussions (etc) and various media , it was a request to delay the cab driver testimony because they had not locate a translator yet ... something like that ....

Edited to say I think it was a Punjabi translator , which may actually be the same thing

Actually it's probably not. Although the state of Punjab was split between India & Pakistan during the partition, Singh (the driver's name that was reported) is a Sikh name. The majority of Punjabi Sikhs from the part of Punjab within Pakistan migrated to the Indian part of the Punjab (Pakistan was established as a state specifically for Muslims.) As a result, the Sikh community in Pakistan is small and the largest number of Sikhs in Pakistan live in the area near the Afghanistan border (Kyber Pakhtunkkwa), not the Punjab state in Pakistan (which borders on India.)

duplicate message, can't seem to delete

I have also suspected Wayne was at least partly aware of the Laura situation , or got a good glimpse into exactly what direction his son was heading , and it certainly was not the path to running a responsible aircraft overhaul facility.

After spending the family fortune , plus incurring substantial debt , and then seeing it was all a waste , one could understand Wayne's feeling of failure and possible suicide

On the other hand if Dellen knew his dad knew the truth about him it would be an incentive for Dellen to "suicide" him

Both scenarios work.
I don't think that Wayne Millard was suicidal. The gf did not think he was. There are some questions to me about why DM was living at the house with his father.
He turned the house into a house of horrors. Bringing illegal guns to it and drugs and had a drug dealer living there with his gf.
He committed a murder at the house. He was misusing the money from the company by purchasing the eliminator.
It is my opinion Wayne Millard was afraid of DM and why he did not kick him out of the house.
Maybe he was drunk so much and he had no contact with people except DM and his criminal buddies and he locked himself in his room.
Then he reached out to the old friend they reconnected and maybe he knew he had to kick his son out of the house, do something about the business and DM was worried so he knew the only way to stop it was to kill his father.
I don't think that he was going along with DM living in the house, but that DM was abusive and threatening and what fight could the father put up if he had bad health and had a drinking problem.
That is just my opinion.

MB was really into this raging alcoholism thing. I find it hard to believe that a raging alcoholic can be reliable enough to get an MRO off the ground. Even DM showing up at noon was more reliable than a raging alcoholic. Did MB believe everything her son told her or is she in on it?

I'm highly skeptical that MB was in on Wayne's death. I'm no fan of her (I think she and CN should have been charged with obstruction of justice in the Tim Bosma case) but I think she probably wanted to believe DM and he knew how to manipulate her. Family members of people who've committed terrible crimes often have a hard time believing that they did not fully know the person, that they were capable of committing the crime and the urge for denial is fairly strong. I did see a brief mention of her glaring at DM in court in one report (can't remember where it was from). I'm interested to see how she'll present in court and her attitude to DM.

I don't think that Wayne Millard was suicidal. The gf did not think he was.
It is my opinion Wayne Millard was afraid of DM and why he did not kick him out of the house.
Maybe he was drunk so much and he had no contact with people except DM and his criminal buddies and he locked himself in his room.
Then he reached out to the old friend they reconnected and maybe he knew he had to kick his son out of the house, do something about the business and DM was worried so he knew the only way to stop it was to kill his father.
I don't think that he was going along with DM living in the house, but that DM was abusive and threatening and what fight could the father put up if he had bad health and had a drinking problem.
That is just my opinion.

That sounds very plausible to me - a form of elder abuse. I can't imagine how Wayne felt living there. DM didn't listen to him at Millardair and it's obvious that he and his friends had complete run of the house. So sad.

Nah, I think you can rest assured that the man was sleeping soundly when his son lived out his bullet-in-the-eye fetish. Sooo too bad that LE did not test the hands of all those present that night, for GSR. I'm sure the ME would have checked MW's hand for GSR, but I suppose we will soon find out!
I think DM had plenty of time to clean up before he let his mom know dad was dead.

What I find interesting is, is that there was blood on WM's left palm (and forearm), but it appears there is no blood anywhere on the gun. The photo of the gun was obviously taken at the scene as you can see the carpet in WM's bedroom, under the paper in this photo. But where's the cast off blood?

AC's tweet May 31st.
We're now seeing a close up of Wayne Millard's left hand. There's blood on the palm and forearm.

The fact that WM had his right hand tucked under his left cheek and appeared to be in a position which many people sleep in, seems pretty apparent he was shot in his sleep. How is it even possible for someone lying in that position to hold a gun and point it at themselves, let alone pull the trigger? A very awkward position indeed. "IF" WM shot himself, wouldn't it have been easier to hold the pistol in his right hand and then hold it to his right temple or in his mouth or under his chin? If he was left handed, he would have been turned on his right side instead of such an awkward position that is portrayed.

It seems DM snuck into the bedroom and held the gun just above WM's left extended hand, aim the barrel at his father's face and pulled the trigger hitting WM in the left eye. Only something a true psycho could do. The blood on WM's forearm would have been cast off blood, but how did blood end up on the palm of his hand? I suspect it was cast off blood that perhaps dripped off the gun, but again, no blood appears to be on the gun in the photo, which leaves me to believe that DM wiped down the gun after the shooting. Perhaps his initial plan was, he was going to make it look like a murder, that someone came in through the patio bedroom door and shot WM. He was going to take the gun with him so he wiped it down. Then he changed his plan thinking he could make it appear as a suicide, so he dropped the wiped down gun between the bed and dresser. He figured a suicide would be easier to explain away then someone wanting to murder his recluse father. I would like to believe WM's death was instantaneous.

ALL MOO.
RSBM Re the gun that was found. This is what the Jury didn't hear in the LB trial.

"The .32 was found lying beside Millard’s father, Wayne Millard, in November 2012, in what was initially ruled a suicide. Millard said he’d bought it as a birthday present for his dad, who at one time had up to half a dozen guns in the house."

Opinion | Guns, drugs and murder: What the Laura Babcock jury wasn't told

IMHO, he's going to say that he borrowed it from his dad or was showing his dad how to use it or something- RP is going to say "if he had murdered his dad with it, certainly he would have wiped his prints off" I honestly could see DM thinking this way- if he left his prints on the gun, he definitely wouldn't be a suspect . MOO

MOO
The funeral home writes what you tell them to.

RSBM
Where did we see JC say that WM didn't trust his son? I recall her mentioning that WM didn't trust John Barnes (thanks to his son DM), but didn't see it said that WM did not trust his son?

from Adam Carter's Live Blog:
"May 31 2018 10:57 AM
The Crown now asking about a John Barnes that Wayne Millard knew. She says she knew of him, but didn't know him. She says in the last months of Millard's life he was taking on a "negative view of him," and said Dellen Millard "didn't trust him." Barnes was an employee of MillardAir."
I stand corrected. I misread that mess.

Yes but cremation is usually arranged by the funeral home of your choosing. They are the ones to pick up the body from the hospital/morgue, put it in a container of your choosing, and transport it to a crematorium.

So WM's body (after being released from an autopsy if one was done) would likely have been handled by the Ward Funeral Home in Woodbridge, hence the reason why he is listed on their obit pages.

And on that note, I do wonder what DM/MB did with WM's cremains.

MOO
All along I have absolutely been assuming that an autopsy was done. Is this in question?? When I searched for any mention anywhere of an autopsy having been performed on WM, I come up empty-handed. Is it even possible that an autopsy was not done? I had thought an autopsy was always required in a sudden unexpected death, especially if it did not occur in a hospital. But if, upon brief look, it appears to be a suicide, and the only immediate family member is saying suicide, and I don't want an autopsy, is it then up to the coroner to decide whether to have one? I will be in total shock if an autopsy did not take place in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious