Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 2:36 a.m on Nov. 30, Millard texts Smich and says "just left station, they took your name, but not your number Love you bro."

Smich is likely very lucky the police didn't end up investigating or he'd be looking at a minimum of AATF.

At 2:36 a.m on Nov. 30, Millard texts Smich and says "just left station, they took your name, but not your number Love you bro."

Smich is likely very lucky the police didn't end up investigating or he'd be looking at a minimum of AATF.
This leaves us wondering. DM called or texted AM, CN, MB and possibly MH to inform them about the terrible happening-wonder if this is the first call or text to MS?

anyone think there is a 'gotchya' moment coming? Or less evidence this time than in the previous 2?

I think the other 2 trials were built around circumstantial evidence similarly. Enough circumstances will lead to there being no reasonable alternative. DM purchased the illegal gun used. WM had turned in his guns clearly, not someone who was interested in firearms. DM says he wasn't there. Phone records, a cab ride, all make it pretty clear that he was at the house at the time that WM died. Someone who waited hours before emergency services were called and making no attempts to assess his father for cause of death. He just saw he was dead without moving or disrupting him in any way as WM stayed laying on his side. DM waiting only a couple of days before he fired all of his father's employees.
I think the circumstantial is adding up and like the other cases, there doesn't need to be a "gotchya" moment. JMO

anyone think there is a 'gotchya' moment coming? Or less evidence this time than in the previous 2?
I think there is a more typical amount of evidence in this trial. The last two were unnaturally overflowing with gotcha moments because of the unambiguous nature of the copious electronic evidence, and the letters. Here the electronic evidence is different and reliant on an interpretation that Smich is used as an alibi. The rest of it seems to document DM setting up other friends to be his props.

Sounds like a man ready to comment Suicide m, don’t it!? :rolleyes:

Jun 12 2018 12:30 PM
Barnes says he last saw Wayne Millard don Nov. 28, 2012. They were discussing benefits for the employees. Wayne wanted to have benefits and "take care" of the employees, he says.
Adam Carter

A

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
We're now taking a 20 minute morning break. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28m28 minutes ago
We're now seeing some emails between Dellen Millard and Barnes, with Wayne Millard copied on it. They're talking about a "stock picker." That's the machine he was referencing earlier. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 27m27 minutes ago
Al Sharif, who is mentioned in texts we saw earlier, is on this email chain too. He also worked for MillardAir. Here, Millard is saying that adding handles to the picker doesn't seem to interfere with it's operations. He says he has tasked Schlatman to put on handles. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 26m26 minutes ago
Barnes says the issue was this was a safety device that had been altered, and they needed certification from the manufacturer to alter it. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25m25 minutes ago
In a response email, Barnes says as much to Dellen Millard. He says he wants to "maintain the safety of our employees." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 23m23 minutes ago
The Crown just put up another email -- and Pillay stands and objects. Says he wants to discuss this in the absence of the witness, so Barnes is leaving. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 22m22 minutes ago
Pillay says the Crown is trying to introduce something that Barnes sent in an email to himself. It's not clear if that was a mistake or something. We're now moving on, Barnes is coming back in. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19m19 minutes ago
Barnes now saying he did talk about Millard with the issue later. "He asked me to ignore the legislation ... which I said I wouldn't do," Barnes says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 18m18 minutes ago
Barnes says after Wayne Millard's death, he was notified that the business was being dismantled and they were being let go. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16m16 minutes ago
We're now seeing emails from Feb. 11 2013, about the return of a laptop and some data. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 15m15 minutes ago
In this email, Barnes says he's also looking for a cheque for remaining expenses. Millard responds: "While you worked for me, we rarely spoke face to face. Lets keep it that way. Make your hostage trade with Robert, Dell." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 15m15 minutes ago
Barnes says he got that cheque, but when he tried to cash it, it never went through, because it was cancelled. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 13m13 minutes ago
The Crown now asking Barnes about how Wayne Millard seemed about the business. "He seemed excited, enthusiastic," Barnes says. He says even though Millard had a back problem, he was "always upbeat." By November of 2012 Millard was more mobile, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Barnes says he was somewhat privy to Wayne Millard's financial details. Wayne said there was a shortfall payment on the hangar construction at one point, he says. He also mentioned selling some of the family's properties. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Barnes says eventually, they would need 50 personnel on staff to make the business work. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
He says the first year for the business would include lots of costs, but they were "fully mapped out." Barnes says he didn't know of any surprise costs for the business as it was getting underway. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Barnes says that in general, Wayne Millard would accept costs and expenses when needed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Barnes says he understood Dellen Millard had a title and a salary in the business, but he didn't know what his specific job was. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Barnes says he last saw Wayne Millard don Nov. 28, 2012. They were discussing benefits for the employees. Wayne wanted to have benefits and "take care" of the employees, he says. #Millard

They were meeting with an insurance broker, and Millard's home. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Another employee was there, as well as Dellen Millard. The meeting was to start at 10:30 a.m. It went until 1:30 p.m. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
The insurance broker left at one point, and then the rest of the people there kept discussing finances, Barnes says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Cameron asks if there was any disagreement or anger in that meeting. Barnes says no. He also says Wayne Millard "seemed his normal self." #Millard

I was thinking of another scenario where someone like ISHO's n**** (quoting MS) did in WM as payback for DM not paying his gun purchase bills. If that happened, certainly DM would say, "I didn't do it," or "Someone else did it." But no, he didn't allude to anything of that nature.

All these texts show a split personality to the DM actor who played the cops at the house, played his friends, and played the cops who interviewed him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of another scenario where someone like ISHO's n**** (quoting MS) did in WM as payback for DM not paying his gun purchase bills. If that happened, certainly DM would say, "I didn't do it," or "Someone else did it." But no, he didn't allude to anything of that nature.

All these texts show a split personality to the DM actor who played the cops at the house, played his friends, and played the cops who interviewed him.

I personally can't see someone like Isho allowing DM to leave with the goods and a promise to pay note. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
The Crown asks if Wayne Millard ever said why he was creating this business. "He told me it was to leave something for Dellen," Barnes says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Barnes says the company did successfully get its licence from Transport Canada. #Millard

He also says there were talks about a business relationship and their first plane coming through -- and that was something Wayne Millard knew about. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Barnes says he was "very happy" about getting the Transport Canada licence. "It was the essence of the business." #Millard

So JE never spotted the incinerator at the facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz