Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is an odd text given the time of death was listed as after that - 7 something. Wonder if AM was to be a fall guy and find the body? Or maybe when DM wasn't getting any phone calls about the housekeeper finding him he asked AM to go over and check on him.
Hey you might be on to something! I wonder if that is exactly what happened... DM couldn't make it over, and so he called his nearby friend to go and 'discover' the body?? But then that also doesn't fit, because he had texted AM that he was taking MS home and then going to play games, presumably at his home. jmo.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Court is now back in session. Pillay is cross-examining for Millard. Woodward says no contracts came from the trade shows he went to for MillardAir. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Woodward agrees that Wayne Millard was having health problems in 2012. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Woodward also says the margins were thin for MillardAir when it comes to making a profit. "The profit margins in this business are not very good?" Pillay asks. "They're not, no," Woodward responds. #MillardAir

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Woodward also agrees that Wayne Millard had no training or experience in aircraft maintenance. He was a pilot, primarily. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Woodward also says Dellen Millard had no training or experience in aircraft maintenance. #Millard

"You can't just show up with a pilot's licence and know what you're doing, correct?" Pillay asks. "No, you can't, Woodward responds. He also agrees that Millard was having money troubles. #Millard

The thing is.. and the main thing, as far as I can know????? Is that .... has it even been proven that WM was murdered in the first place???? It seems that the coroner came on the stand, who isn't the one who did the autopsy, and both of his reports, one done immediately and one done half a year later, both said he thought suicide, didn't they?? If the judge believes his determination, then there would be no murder to convict on???? One detective had suspicions, but yet the homicide department never ended up showing up, the scene was released, the COD was named as suicide within a day, and nothing further came of it.... until other things came to light about other cases.... which other cases aren't really allowed to be a part of the judgement-making in *this* trial, which is why it is a judge-only trial.

If it has been proven the man was murdered, then the judge can get on with, did DM murder him.

Did I miss something, or is that suicide/murder thing still undetermined????

I agree with you, Deugirtni.
We've heard lots of bits and pieces that are suspicious and damning to DM, but without some key facts being proven surrounding the actual death, they are really just question marks.
If I didn't have any background knowledge of DM and the kind of stuff he and MS were up to, to be honest, I'm not sure I would be convinced, based solely on what we've heard during the trial so far, that WM did not commit suicide (IMO).

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard had to take out a mortgage from the builder on the hangar, Woodward says. That made Woodward worry, because Millard originally told him the cash he had on hand would be enough to cover the building of the hangar, and offset costs for the first couple of years. #Millard

Wayne Millard also took out a mortgage on his own home, and took out an RBC loan, Woodward says. #Millard

"You didn't know Wayne very well, did you?" Pillay asks. "I didn't, no," Woodward says. #Millard

He agrees their relationship was "strictly business." #Millard

I agree with you, Deugirtni.
We've heard lots of bits and pieces that are suspicious and damning to DM, but without some key facts being proven surrounding the actual death, they are really just question marks.
If I didn't have any background knowledge of DM and the kind of stuff he and MS were up to, to be honest, I'm not sure I would be convinced, based solely on what we've heard during the trial so far, that WM did not commit suicide (IMO).

In the LB case, there was no evidence either that she had been murdered. Police reports put her as a missing person but it was assumed that she had just run off. The circumstantial evidence led to it being deemed a homicide even though, there was no body found and even cause of death could not be determined. Yet MS and DM were charged in her murder. I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to do the same here.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
The Crown is now re-examining. Jill Cameron is asking about cash. Woodward says Millard had said he had $10 million available for the business at the outset. He says "problems started" when they went over $5 million in costs. #Millard

"It was apparent there wasn't $10 million to start with," he says. #Millard

That's it for court today. I'll have an update online soon -- thanks everyone for following along. #Millard

Banting: post #55 with link r.e his phone pinging at house. We didn't get to see the detailed maps with cell tower info like in the other cases though. Hopefully the evidence files will be released to the public soon.

In the LB case, there was no evidence either that she had been murdered. Police reports put her as a missing person but it was assumed that she had just run off. The circumstantial evidence led to it being deemed a homicide even though, there was no body found and even cause of death could not be determined. Yet MS and DM were charged in her murder. I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to do the same here.
But in that case, there was no qualified, educated, experienced professional refuting that she had been murdered, and instead saying that in his professional opinion, she had run off, because of x, x, and x reasons. This case has that 'expert', and so far, no other medical professional has come on the stand to say otherwise. Unless the judge is able to go by what the coroner apparently said to the police, in that it was only 60-70% likely that suicide was the case? But from what has been tweeted, the coroner didn't state that on the stand?

That’s sure seems to be what’s happening and also explains why there is many question marks within the testimony.

What’s leaving me uneasy, MM testified DM left the Samsung and his credit card to get pizza at MSs, proving DM has a habit of handing off his cellphone and credit cards to other people. For the Crown to win this conviction from what we’ve heard so far, I think it will be critical they prove DM was in possession of the phone that pinged between 1am and 6am the morning of the 29th because, unfortunately it didn’t appear the cab driver was able to ID him. But the trial is not over...
Of course that's what it meant, it was just phrased in such a way that my brain automatically made it read that way.

Your initial comment made me smile in the midst of all this heavy stuff. Thanks.

Picture this. WM sitting at his desk, having some wine, talking to his new love interest on the landline phone excitedly about birthday plans he had for her while simultaneously looking over information from that day's business meeting. Then firing off an angry email to a business associate that his son had been poisoning his mind about before retiring for the night. So he said goodnight to his new lady with plans to see her soon, signed off his computer, went to his room and undressed, got into bed and got comfortable with the blankets pulled right up and then he shot himself in the eye with the gun in a lululemon bag that he found in the basement of the house and had moved to his room for just such an occasion.

Okay then :rolleyes:

MOO

Picture this. WM sitting at his desk, having some wine, talking to his new love interest on the landline phone excitedly about birthday plans he had for her while simultaneously looking over information from that day's business meeting. Then firing off an angry email to a business associate that his son had been poisoning his mind about before retiring for the night. So he said goodnight to his new lady with plans to see her soon, signed off his computer, went to his room and undressed, got into bed and got comfortable with the blankets pulled right up and then he shot himself in the eye with the gun in a lululemon bag that he found in the basement of the house and had moved to his room for just such an occasion.

Okay then :rolleyes:

MOO
How did the father get the gun? A gun that DM had illegally bought.

Probably more to point the finger at 'look at this, my dad was very upset right at the time he killed himself, and on top of THAT, look at the last thing I had said to him'.. I don't think it was ever DM's intent to make it appear to be a murder committed by someone else. jmo.
DM told the father he was a failure and he said that knowing he murdered Laura in the house. A sicko.

The thing is.. and the main thing, as far as I can know????? Is that .... has it even been proven that WM was murdered in the first place???? It seems that the coroner came on the stand, who isn't the one who did the autopsy, and both of his reports, one done immediately and one done half a year later, both said he thought suicide, didn't they?? If the judge believes his determination, then there would be no murder to convict on???? One detective had suspicions, but yet the homicide department never ended up showing up, the scene was released, the COD was named as suicide within a day, and nothing further came of it.... until other things came to light about other cases.... which other cases aren't really allowed to be a part of the judgement-making in *this* trial, which is why it is a judge-only trial.

If it has been proven the man was murdered, then the judge can get on with, did DM murder him.

Did I miss something, or is that suicide/murder thing still undetermined????

The entire problem IMO is they all deferred to the coroner and no one could over-ride him even if they were suspicious. More than once I've read it became a coroner's case. Even the paramedics were busy that night, so busy they didn't come back as they were asked to. I can see that this was chocked up to just another suicide, let's move on so we can finish our shift.

The WM case was "reopened" in 2013 and "investigation investigators reopened the case" which is when the blood sample was tested I guess, but the problem is they did not secure the pillow, bedding, take measurements of splatter, etc. so there was little to based establishing it as murder apart from circumstantial evidence - you know, when many branches of the tree point to the same conclusion? IMO

Ontario chief coroner reviewing ‘concealed homicides’

Hey you might be on to something! I wonder if that is exactly what happened... DM couldn't make it over, and so he called his nearby friend to go and 'discover' the body?? But then that also doesn't fit, because he had texted AM that he was taking MS home and then going to play games, presumably at his home. jmo.

I took it as at MS home.

Did anyone notice a similar lululemon bag in the other house photos which presumably were taken later. If it's the same bag, should have been tested then!!

DM told the father he was a failure and he said that knowing he murdered Laura in the house. A sicko.

DM was putting out reasons why WM "killed himself" and soliciting sympathy. It's unlikely he said any such thing to his father. The Crown should be asking if DM was the last person to be in the house after the meeting. When was he supposed to have said this to WM? He's a liar and a really bad alibi planner.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members