CA - Marlene Santellan, 34, Dec'd, Wrapped In Tarp W/"coffin" In Parking Lot, San Bernardino, Jun'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Woman’s Body Found Inside a Box at San Bernardino Parking Lot: Police

victim-story.jpg

Marlene Santellan is seen in an undated photo. (Credit: San Bernardino Police Department)

The woman was identified as Marlene Santellan, 34, of San Bernardino, according to a news release from the San Bernardino Police Department.

Police at around 8 a.m. responded to a report about a body at the lot on the northeast corner of Pumalo Street and Del Rosa Avenue, Lt. Mike Madden told KTLA. Witnesses reported the body was near a wooden box.
The Police Department's Homicide Unit responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. The cause of death was pending an autopsy, the statement read.

Madden added that contrary to some early reports, the body was not dismembered.

Anyone with additional information about this case was asked to contact San Bernardino police Detective Cunningham at 909-384-5745.
Woman’s Body Found Inside a Box at San Bernardino Parking Lot: Police
Officials say the body of Marlene Santellan, 34, of San Bernardino was found on the ground wrapped in a blue tarp, next to a plywood box that was leaning up against a chain-link fence. Authorities said the box appeared to be a makeshift coffin.

Her body was found in a lot near Pumalo Street and Del Rosa Avenue Sunday around 8 a.m.

It was unclear how long her body had been there. Her cause of death was under investigation.

Police said the death was being investigated as suspicious, but did not provide further details.
Woman's body found near makeshift coffin in San Bernardino

I couldn’t even imagine stumbling upon something like that. How traumatic for her family! I wonder what her story is and how she ended up there. I’ll see if I can find a Facebook page.

Heard about this yesterday since I’m local but just now seeing the name released. I used to live near where she was found and that’s a pretty rough area.

Looks like she just got released from jail on 5/30 and then failed to appear on 6/7, so I imagine she went missing between those two dates. County of San Bernardino Inmate Locator

Very sad.

Santellan was reported missing by her mother days earlier, according to the paper. Her body was found in a lot on Del Rosa Avenue by a chain-link fence.

A police spokesperson told the paper they believe Santellan’s body fell out of the box when it was dumped, the Times reports.

BBM. I guess that explains why she wasn't inside the "coffin intended for her". :eek: This is already a bizarre story but that headline... Really People?!? o_O Who intended the coffin for her? (that's a rhetorical question for People magazine not meant to be answered).

Nicole Comstock News

“34 year old Marlene Santellan was found dead in a wooden box in San Bernardino Sunday morning.

It’s an awful way for a mother to think of her daughter.

But Wanda Edwards is doing just that.

She tells CBS Los Angeles she believes her daughter knew she was in trouble weeks ago when she referenced her own death and begged her to protect her 5 kids.”

Here is the actual article that the FB post alluded to.

'I Know She's Dead': Mother Of Woman Whose Body Was Found In Wooden Box Says She Had A Feeling About Daughter's Death

“Edwards told CBS2 her daughter was devastated when child protective services took her children last year. She said Santellan then began hanging out with the wrong people.”

I am speculating here, but I wonder if her "hanging around with the wrong people" may have factored into the CPS action, rather than following it. An absolutely horrendous and profoundly demeaning crime -- hopefully there's news soon.

Moms are going to say what moms are going to say but the fact is, this lady was running with a seriously rough crowd for a REALLY long time. She had at least 5 different FB pages that I found, and all of them were just nasty. This is NOT to say she got what she deserved or anything like that, but it IS to say that she played with FIRE and she got burned.

For reasons no one may ever know, she aligned herself with some genuinely awful people and for that reason, she is no longer among the living.

Moms are going to say what moms are going to say but the fact is, this lady was running with a seriously rough crowd for a REALLY long time. She had at least 5 different FB pages that I found, and all of them were just nasty. This is NOT to say she got what she deserved or anything like that, but it IS to say that she played with FIRE and she got burned.

For reasons no one may ever know, she aligned herself with some genuinely awful people and for that reason, she is no longer among the living.

She was recently released from jail. I wonder if she talked about anyone w the DA. That would explain her fears and this outcome. Such a shame, her poor kids. Hopefully her mom is stable and can get them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back