Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay says that given the deformity, it's possible the bullet could have hit the skull and tracked along it. "It's a possibility," Herath says.
by Adam Carter 11:58 AM

Pillay now asking about the liver. He says issues found there could have been caused by "chronic alcohol abuse." Herath says yes, that's correct.
by Adam Carter 12:00 PM

That's it for today's witnesses -- the Crown appears to be almost finished with it's case. We're down to the last couple witnesses now. Crown Ken Lockhart is now addressing a couple of housekeeping matters.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

Lockhart is now reading in two more agreed statements of fact into the record.
by Adam Carter 12:02 PM

The first is regarding to a TD Visa card. It says a Visa statement dated Dec. 4 2012 is admissible for the truth of it's contents. Those documents are going in, but I'm not sure how they relate to the case just yet.
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

Another agreed statement of fact has to do with with a forensic examination of the gun and the bullet pulled from Wayne Millard. This could be important, but it's not being read into the evidence. I'll need to read through the report before I can explain it.
by Adam Carter 12:06 PM

The Crown says they are not calling Madeleine Burns, Millard's mother, as a witness. They have two witnesses left -- a crime scene reconstructionist tomorrow, and the manager of the Kitchener airport Friday. Cameron says the Crown expects to close its case Friday.
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

That's it for court today -- but I'm going to look through those agreed statements of fact. I'll likely have more in an update this afternoon. Thanks for following along.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

(Wow, that was a short day.)

Remember DM claimed something wasn't right, his dad was too still. You can't see that in the dark, so either he's lying or the light was on.
Usually you can hear someone breathing in their sleep, or sense them breathing. I've gone in to check an elderly ill person because I couldn't hear breathing and was concerned they were too still.

I’m going to assume this is the Pizza statement? Would it be on a statement that quickly?

Jun 13 2018 12:04 PM
The first is regarding to a TD Visa card. It says a Visa statement dated Dec. 4 2012 is admissible for the truth of it's contents. Those documents are going in, but I'm not sure how they relate to the case just yet.

Adam Carter

All this nonsense about the financial problems with the business IMO is a bit inflated. IMO Most of it is coming from DM the liar.

The others referred to finances as being a stress but most people in business will say that.

They didn't have enough time from hangar completion and licensing to declare it a failure.

DM showed his ignorance in the interview when he didn't understand the term "solvent" when asked "How solvent would your father be if the business didn't work out." He showed his ignorance not knowing he was a 50% owner hesitating to say he was the VP. He showed his ignorance stumbling the term "executor".

Simply, businesses borrow money all the time. RBC would not give a $3 million loan to a company they didn't check out and think would eventually be viable. IMO

DM probably didn't know anything of his father's other investments which isn't talked about but business savvy people often have other investments. IMO

Yes, I understand he sold inherited property as he was trying to do things without borrowing. But that doesn't necessarily indicate business ruin.

I think where DM felt the squeeze is his father might have put a limit on his spending and he didn't like it.

It's interesting that this picture of financial ruin mostly comes from what DM has said, not from looking at the accounting books.

I’m going to assume this is the Pizza statement? Would it be on a statement that quickly?

Adam Carter
It would be, sure. Any charges made to the card in the 30 days prior to the statement ending on the 4th, would show on the statement. I'm guessing that's the card he left for MS and MM to use for pizza.

Adam Carter

Absolutely

So..... I asked my son about the gun.. he's into 'toy' guns.. just so happens he has an airsoft gun that is VERY similar in size.. (this one measures just over 11" in total length). I was SHOCKED at the weight of the thing.. and he said the weight of a real gun is even heavier (I'm presuming even heavier again if it's loaded with 6 'real' bullets)..
My bed happens to be against a wall, with a nightable beside.. but a dresser (like beside WM's bed) is a bit taller than a night table. We did the positioning experiment.
My theory about DM getting in bed in behind WM doesn't work at ALL.
It is definitely possible that WM could have done this to himself.. however.. it was awkward positioning. If you're doing this with intent, then why do it so awkwardly? And why not leave a note?
The part that concerns me is the position of the gun afterward, and how it would have shot out of his hand backwards into the space between the dresser and bed. Son says it would have landed that way based on the angle he would have had to have pointed in order for the bullet to reach the back right side of the brain (right parietal lobe). It's also a concern (imho) why his thumb was raised, because I'm assuming your entire body goes limp when you die, so why would his thumb remain in the curled up position?
It could also just as easily have been pointed AT him (by someone else). No wonder the coroner couldn't tell for sure and based his decision on what was said by the family members present.
jmo

Last edited:
A little bit out of context but I was looking at the pics of Maple Gate presented at the LB trial compared to those in this trial and noticed that DM's passport was only valid for 2 years from 23 July 2012. Wasn't that around the time he went to Croatia? At 3.36 in this video:

Second Lululemon bag upload_2018-6-13_13-11-11.png snipped from above video.

Last edited:
All this nonsense about the financial problems with the business IMO is a bit inflated. IMO Most of it is coming from DM the liar.

The others referred to finances as being a stress but most people in business will say that.

They didn't have enough time from hangar completion and licensing to declare it a failure.

DM showed his ignorance in the interview when he didn't understand the term "solvent" when asked "How solvent would your father be if the business didn't work out." He showed his ignorance not knowing he was a 50% owner hesitating to say he was the VP. He showed his ignorance stumbling the term "executor".

Simply, businesses borrow money all the time. RBC would not give a $3 million loan to a company they didn't check out and think would eventually be viable. IMO

DM probably didn't know anything of his father's other investments which isn't talked about but business savvy people often have other investments. IMO

Yes, I understand he sold inherited property as he was trying to do things without borrowing. But that doesn't necessarily indicate business ruin.

I think where DM felt the squeeze is his father might have put a limit on his spending and he didn't like it.

It's interesting that this picture of financial ruin mostly comes from what DM has said, not from looking at the accounting books.

I agree. I was also thinking that this whole plan was just way over DM's head to even conceive. DM's mind was stuck in petty theft of lawn equipment, vehicles, motorcycles, rocks, trees, etc., and wannabe-gangsta at the time. He was into flipping houses I believe I read somewhere? So maybe a few thousand or a few tens of thousands or even a hundred thousand here and there, every couple of years, maybe before costs?

But this plan was huge, which is why WM employed the services of qualified and experienced consultants to help them reach their goals. Nothing it seemed, was out of line. It seems like DM was nit picking on John Barnes about a silly fall arrest system for the employees, even though Barnes admitted he had given the wrong pricing/numbers.

John Barnes and the other fellow were supposed to get clients and investors, and they could NOT do that until DM got his trash out of there and stopped treating it like the communal hangout for deadbeats. Here they had a state of the art, brand new facility, supposed to be spanking clean for pilots serious about their aircraft.. and there he was with his drug dealing rapper friends and their stolen merchandise all over the place, with dirty bathrooms to boot. This was simply out of DM's league, and required actual work on his part.

Remember when DM went away to Vegas and elsewhere for about a month... because he was taking courses? I am assuming WM had insisted that he learn how to do some of the tasks involved in their new business? Wonder what ever became of *that* plan?
jmo

So WM was laying on his left side with his right arm under his head? And he was shot in the left eye with the bullet ending up in the right side of his brain? Seems to me that if he was on his left side, wouldn't his left eye be buried in his pillow? Or was his face looking upward? Because if he was facing up, and DM was standing on the right side of the bed where the gun was found, it would make sense that he would shoot him in the left eye (closest to him) and that the bullet would travel to the right side of his brain, as he would have been firing from left to right. Has there been any images or sketches released of how the body was found?

CJPrincess said:
Absolutely
I guess each credit card is different.. I just checked mine and it is dated 6 days after the date range of the billing.

Edited for correction to quoted text

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members